CAPITALISM MAFIA

Iggish

Reaction score
"Unless Ender is Canadian, I've no idea why Jivvi would put an Irish politician into the game over a Canadian unless the Irish person had a special role."
What did you mean here? I'm really confused. Why was Ender being Canadian significant?
Because in my mind there was no way that a small and politically insignificant country like Ireland would have a role when a much larger country like Canada wouldn't.
At that stage, the majority had claimed iirc and I thought that if there was no Canadian, then Comp would have a third party role. As it turned out, there was a Canadian, but I still think there's a high chance of him being third party possibly a serial killer. Idk if I'm explaining this well or not.

If there was no Canadian, why? Why would Jivvi pick a small country like Ireland over Canada unless he had a special role thought out revolving around an Irish politician (and there have been many sketchy Irish politicians and the IRA etc.) In my head I made the connection between a third party serial killer and Gerry Adams, the former IRA leader and politician. I probably made this connection because I'm more aware of this then others and once I saw Ireland I was immediately thinking of it's significance (naturally as I'm Irish).

I hope I made sense here, as I'm not sure I did. If you need any clarification, feel free to ask.

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Waow inffy what a post, ill have to read it once more to reply to some of the details, but for now just wanted to mention one thing you said about comp.

You quoted the post where he voted me early on in your bit about why you thought he was suspicious. But im fairly sure that was just a troll vote, like I voted you right away.
I didn't find his vote on you suspicious, I found the fact that he said that he didn't find anyone suspicious, right before agreeing with Oak on Arelic being suspicious, suspicious

oh dear lord he's started talking

what

please elaborate you're not making any sense to me
I was joking here but what I meant was that "the clap" = STD (Gonorrhea)

And you said "that's pretty much it" so I'm wondering if there's more to it, hence "pretty much", rather than "that's it"

• Informative
Reactions: HKCaper

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
"Unless Ender is Canadian, I've no idea why Jivvi would put an Irish politician into the game over a Canadian unless the Irish person had a special role."

Because in my mind there was no way that a small and politically insignificant country like Ireland would have a role when a much larger country like Canada wouldn't.
At that stage, the majority had claimed iirc and I thought that if there was no Canadian, then Comp would have a third party role. As it turned out, there was a Canadian, but I still think there's a high chance of him being third party possibly a serial killer. Idk if I'm explaining this well or not.

If there was no Canadian, why? Why would Jivvi pick a small country like Ireland over Canada unless he had a special role thought out revolving around an Irish politician (and there have been many sketchy Irish politicians and the IRA etc.) In my head I made the connection between a third party serial killer and Gerry Adams, the former IRA leader and politician. I probably made this connection because I'm more aware of this then others and once I saw Ireland I was immediately thinking of it's significance (naturally as I'm Irish).

I hope I made sense here, as I'm not sure I did. If you need any clarification, feel free to ask.
Thanks, I think I understand, though, why Canada of all places? Is Canada some kind of significant politic-centric country or something? It just seems so random to me

Iggish

Reaction score
As inffy has said his suspicions, I should probably say mine and hopefully we can get a suspicion bandwagon going. I don't have as many reads of people and they're not in depth.

Anti-town:
Comp
A mixture of deflecting suspicion onto others and my suspicion of him being an Irish serial killer. If I had to vote for a lynch, I'd vote for him. As you can see, this isn't a lot to go off but it's all i have at the moment.

Town:
Erik
Like Inffy said, Erik has just seemed... genuine. It might be because I've never played with him but he just doesn't seem scummy.

Inffy is could be town but I'm not sure I can trust him after pulling such a mean trick on all of us ;n; In all seriousness though, he pointed out why it would not make sense for him to be a mafia but he could just be trying to hide in plain sight or something similar. His reasons aren't really relevant if you consider them from the perspective that if he really was mafia he could've been planning to reveal his silencer thing anyway, regardless of factions. There is also the possibility of him doing this just to spread confusion which he already done to a large degree.

I'm not sure what to think of Jolt. Him being the only remaining member (allegedly) of the UK "team" could be looked at in a few ways.
1. The UK people are all saints and all good people and there are only three of them, all town
2. Jolt said he was UK to make us think he was good as well, actually a mafia
3. Jolt is town and UK but other UK mafia(s) deserted him and claimed Australia or US so as not to be put under suspicion.

Those are my suspicions. Comp = bad Erik = good Inffy and Jolt = could equally be good or bad, getting mixed readings.

Iggish

Reaction score
Thanks, I think I understand, though, why Canada of all places? Is Canada some kind of significant politic-centric country or something? It just seems so random to me
Because it seemed like all the countries being mentioned were (as someone said) former British colonies and English speaking. Canada isn't a world power but it is significantly more important then Ireland (imo anyway) and it would make more sense for Canada to be in the game instead of Ireland, not the other way around.

Canada would also be vastly more significant then somewhere like New Zealand which is why I picked Canada in my example.

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Iggish

Reaction score
Also, without Canada the only countries in the game would be the USA, UK, Australia and Ireland. Having only one little country among all those giants just seemed wrong.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Since I read that as one of the first things (but appearantly not carefully enough), but hang on i was going to make some more remarks, I'll still need to read more some other time to make some full comments

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Want to share some quick thoughts on Inffy, Rune and Comp.

Let's start with Inffy:
I think the possibility of him faking it all was in the back of our minds throughout the whole thing, so I can't say I am very suprised, but still. I am not sure how why and how (yes i know you said some reasons, but we'll be the judge of that later on). I think i'll be able to judge if it was a scum move or a town move by reading his justifications for doing it and his reasoning to why it wasn't a mafia trick. Like if it all makes sense, i think he is telling the truth, but if there is a slip or something that doesnt add up, it could all have been deception. Ill share my findings later.

Rune and Comp:
They are the only irish and canadian politicians, which i do agree could make them be something special, but i dont think it would be as obvious as both of them being scum or something overpowered town sided. That would make it too hard for them, being singled out like this.
I think Comp could potentially be mafia sided, because i also dont think they are of no significance in this game. I have 0 understanding of irish politics, but iirc he said he was conservative, which does make me slightly suspicious.
As for Rune i am fairly sure he is town sided, for the single fact that the only canadian politician i know is Justin Trudeau, who to my understanding is internationally known as a good guy.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
okay read some of Inffy's bit again, and I cant say I have decided yet. Like, his reasoning at the start of his post adds up, but
There was also the possibility that there is genuinely a silencer, but during last night us mafia formed a plan to not silence anyone, have me pretend to be silenced, then proceed to silence townies for the rest of the game, all to make me look innocent, which would make sense tbh since I'd probably be the most likely to be lynched, but I guess the fact that I'm speaking now kinda stops this theory in its tracks anyways.
(alright the slip is just for banter), but the second quote I dont quite like. can't exactly put my finger on what is bothering me there, but it just does not feel right. still as i said, nothing he said does not make sense, i just dont like the way he phrased that last bit somehow.

there is some other points i'd like to adress around inffy:
-as someone mentioned earlier, it'd make sense for a silencer to target inffy on n1 (since he spams so much), and inffy must have been aware of that. if someone else got silenced (if it was actually a thing) it might go unnoticed for quite a while until people started calling them out for inactivity.
-he doesnt really say anything about me, like he mentions me, but every time its so little and there isnt really any substance. It feels to me its just empty gestures, which is very unlike he has behaved towards me in previous games (where it either made sense or absolutley 0 sense). I see how this reason could mean nothing to others, but this is just my vibe.

Iggish

Reaction score
This just makes no sense, canada is a giant country too so wouldnt it STILL not make sense to have one little country among all these giants???
I mean little in the grand scheme of things. In previous posts I have said that Canada has greater international and political importance than Ireland but I would still consider it a "little" country in these terms. Perhaps little was the wrong word.
I mean, it's up to the person but I don't consider Canada a political giant at all. I don't see how it makes no sense?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I mean little in the grand scheme of things. In previous posts I have said that Canada has greater international and political importance than Ireland but I would still consider it a "little" country in these terms. Perhaps little was the wrong word.
I mean, it's up to the person but I don't consider Canada a political giant at all. I don't see how it makes no sense?
I think you're just making stuff up at this point, in what world is canada insignificant in politics but australia somehow is? You slipped admit it

Iggish

Reaction score
HK, I'm just pointing this out, I don't know whether it has any substance behind it but you seem to be overly sensitive regarding Inffy's interests and mentions of you?
You quoted the post where he voted me early on in your bit about why you thought he was suspicious. But im fairly sure that was just a troll vote, like I voted you right away.
-he doesnt really say anything about me, like he mentions me, but every time its so little and there isnt really any substance. It feels to me its just empty gestures, which is very unlike he has behaved towards me in previous games (where it either made sense or absolutley 0 sense). I see how this reason could mean nothing to others, but this is just my vibe.
Also, I don't really understand your second quote. What do you mean empty gestures? Is there a reason you feel he should be paying more attention to you? etc.
It just doesn't sit right with me.

Iggish

Reaction score
I think you're just making stuff up at this point, in what world is canada insignificant in politics but australia somehow is? You slipped admit it
And what exactly did I slip? What am I making up? It's each person to their own opinions. I believe Australia is more significant than Canada anyway but with the inclusion of many more Aussie politicians in the game, it reinforced my belief.
When I said this, no Canadian politicians had claimed while plenty of Aussies had, making me think that Australia was / is much more important in the game let alone real life.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I see how things i've said might cause some confusion so I'll elaborate:
-for the first bit i am not sure what you are going for, i think i've voted Inffy right away more than once, just to be funny (haHAA), also he didnt say something, like, right after someone said something else, which he usually would do, so ye.
-for the second bit, i realized this reasoning might have been extremely self-centered, but there is a reason behind it. TWICE in the past, when Inffy was scum, he put an extreme amount of attention on me, giving a lot of bs arguments. Something I have called him out for quite a bit. I felt like he might be doing the opposite this game, not really put attention to me, to avoid me catching on to him.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Iggish

Iggish

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you are reading so much into this notty. Besides the fact that it's not a slip and I didn't make anything up, what would a slip even prove? What would lying prove? What is there to lie about?

Also notty, please answer my question:
I think we should be lynching from the american pool. It seems like if the mafia are from another country it would be an easy country to claim to be a part of. Also im 99% sure jivvi made Ted Cruz our serial killer since that makes perfect sense. And since I doubt whomever that is claimed anything other than american that would be another reason to lynch between them.

I'm gonna throw my vote on Iggish just because he is one of the last few to claim american.

Unvote
Vote Iggish
If you are going to use that reasoning, are there any specific reasons you picked me over ender who claimed last out of everyone, let alone the Americans?

Iggish

Reaction score
-for the second bit, i realized this reasoning might have been extremely self-centered, but there is a reason behind it. TWICE in the past, when Inffy was scum, he put an extreme amount of attention on me, giving a lot of bs arguments. Something I have called him out for quite a bit. I felt like he might be doing the opposite this game, not really put attention to me, to avoid me catching on to him.
I think you're reading way too much into nothing HK.
Also, if the other two times he was scum and he put pressure on you, wouldn't it make sense for when he is town to not put pressure on you because there'd be no need to?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also, if the other two times he was scum and he put pressure on you, wouldn't it make sense for when he is town to not put pressure on you because there'd be no need to?
Yeah but HK thinks I'm purposefully not pressuring him because he thinks I'm hoping he will reach that same conclusion.

• Thank You
Reactions: Iggish

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
You are both missing the fact that i am aware im reading way too much into it, and missing the point i tried to make in my previous post.

It is day 1, i am trying to form a new read on Inffy after he decided to come forward with faking being silenced (he didnt lie about it, since he never rated any post agree that asked him if he was silenced, or anything like that btw, what a cheeky bastard), so im trying to go off some vibes here.
also, just saw what inffy posted and he puts it nicely

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
And what exactly did I slip? What am I making up? It's each person to their own opinions. I believe Australia is more significant than Canada anyway but with the inclusion of many more Aussie politicians in the game, it reinforced my belief.
When I said this, no Canadian politicians had claimed while plenty of Aussies had, making me think that Australia was / is much more important in the game let alone real life.
First you go on to say ireland is a little country and it wouldn't make sense to have it in the game but it suddenly does make sense if canada is in it. I call you out saying that canada isn't a little country and all of a sudden you're doing a 180 and claiming canada isn't politically significant even though im pretty sure most people know exactly 1 canadian politician and 0 australian politicians(atleast thats my case). You claiming to somehow talk about another meaning of 'little' is you trying to cover the fact that you're just making things up.

Also let's look at this shall we:
Where have I seen something like this before? Oh thats right, right here:
Third, his "y'all are reading too much into it" seems townie to me because I think he'd benefit from such wasted discussion as a mafia because the more time the town wastes putting another townie (Arelic, assuming she's town) in the spotlight, the better for the mafia.
What are you trying to do, look town to Inf?

Iggish

Reaction score
First you go on to say ireland is a little country and it wouldn't make sense to have it in the game but it suddenly does make sense if canada is in it. I call you out saying that canada isn't a little country and all of a sudden you're doing a 180 and claiming canada isn't politically significant even though im pretty sure most people know exactly 1 canadian politician and 0 australian politicians(atleast thats my case). You claiming to somehow talk about another meaning of 'little' is you trying to cover the fact that you're just making things up.
Yes, because Canada is larger and much more significant then Ireland. I hope we can at least agree on this. So why would Ireland be in the game if Canada is not? Surely you'd put the more significant countries in over the non-significant (remember at this stage no-one had claimed to be Canadian) so I assumed there were so Canadians unless one of the remaining people was / were.

I know Canada isn't a little country, that wording was a mistake on my part. I was comparing it to the other countries where in my opinion it should maybe not be considered "little" but "less significant".

Yes, to be honest I don't know a single Aussie politician and I know about Justin but that doesn't mean a country is more politically important then another. I don't claim to be an expert on politics and we could argue until the cows come home about why I consider Australia to be more influential then Canada. It would be a combination of Australia being the political hub of their region whereas Canada is above America and even going into stereotypes about Canadians not being assertive etc.

Why would I make anything up? What would I have to gain? The root of this was a theory I had about Comp being third party if there was no Canadian which it turns out there is, so I don't know why you're getting hung up on this and it's starting to frustrate me as well.
Where have I seen something like this before? Oh thats right, right here:
What are you trying to do, look town to Inf?
What? I pointed out that he is most likely reading too much into it, which he acknowledged himself. What is your point here? Are you so intent on tunnel visioning me that you immediately start cynically thinking of my "different motives" when HK himself thinks he is reading too much into it as well?

Also, please answer my questions, including the original one about voting for me. Are you intentionally ignoring them?

• Haha
Reactions: Nottykitten

Iggish

Reaction score
Surely you'd put the more significant countries in over the non-significant (remember at this stage no-one had claimed to be Canadian) so I assumed there were so Canadians unless one of the remaining people was / were.
no Canadians*
Why would I make anything up? What would I have to gain? The root of this was a theory I had about Comp being third party if there was no Canadian which it turns out there is, so I don't know why you're getting hung up on this and it's starting to frustrate me as well.
I should clarify this. By the "it turns out there is", I mean it turned out that there is actually a Canadian, not that my theory turned out correct.

• Haha
Reactions: Nottykitten