C9++ - Game End - Mafia Win

MoltenAshes

Reaction score
Ernie's response to the situation only further makes me think he's scum. I'll leave my vote for now.

Okx

Donor
Reaction score
I don't know if fantome is making townslips or is just bad at the game so I have to give him that, but he is suspicous because of it

Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Okx

Donor
Reaction score
I don't know if fantome is making townslips or is just bad at the game so I have to give him that, but he is suspicous because of it

Okx

Donor
Reaction score

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What about Tim makes you scumread him
I just feel his play style so far has been quite aggressive and a little manipulative, like almost attempting to twist what people have said so that they fit his story and forcing his "perceptions" on everybody.

HKCaper I don't know if you saw the post but Tim did ask if the mafia knew each other yet (sneaky tactic to make it look like he's not scum) but in addition, if there are Masons in the game, would they also know the other Masons at this stage in time?

• Informative
Reactions: ChocoFox

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I must admit I wasn't shocked when he said he was vanilla townie
What about him that he has said before that makes you think he could be a vanilla townie outside of the softclaim?
just that people here seem to exaggorate the Ernie thing
What kind of exaggeration are you talking about here? How suspicious do you find Ernie as of right now and why?

Yes, but it creates larger confirmation that he is in fact a vanilla townie.
Is this a bad thing? Les softclaimed before and I asked him to hardclaim to get rid of the ambiguity. My read on him is neutral negative - not exactly scum and can still possibly be Town. If he's claimed vanilla townie like I'm sure a lot of us are then I would suppose it could help us reduce the lynch pool eventually.

Ernie lynch is interesting so far since most of the resistance I've seen felt townie (fog, catgirl, TWG)
A 'delay' resistance more than a 'let's not lynch him at all' resistance is probably the best way to put it, and fog and tim both did that and both felt townie
There's a difference here - "delay" meaning something like - give the person who's suspicious some time to defend themselves. The question comes now as to what some people find about Ernie that's not suspicious. I'm open to debate on this but since he isn't really defending himself either it's making things difficult.

ernie was called out for being inactive but followed up since then, and gave the classic answer about not wanting to die. I want to see him respond to what has been said but maybe I haven't given him much of a chance, I might just be jumping on somebody easier for me to justify lynching in my head because I don't know him well enough and haven't played any games with him.
I agree with you that Ernie should be given a chance to defend himself - his posts so far have been so minimal and something just gets me that he either:
a) Knows something and doesn't want to say it
b) Is just afraid of saying something that would contradict

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
ernie138 I'm sorry but please answer the questions posed before:

1. Suppose you had to choose one person from this game:

a) One you'd kill
b) One you'd hug
c) One you'd avoid

Who would they be and why?

2. What is your current opinion of Alisha, Inffy, Timdood, Shadow, Les and myself?

Thrice

Esteemed
Donor
Reaction score
ernie138 I'm sorry but please answer the questions posed before:

1. Suppose you had to choose one person from this game:

a) One you'd kill
b) One you'd hug
c) One you'd avoid

Who would they be and why?

2. What is your current opinion of Alisha, Inffy, Timdood, Shadow, Les and myself?
a) Shadow
b) Fantome
c) Inffy

Alisha - She seems like a townie, she seems like she's pretty nice and forgiving at the moment, probably a townie.
Inffy - They like to go hard on people, and other people agree with them, can't say that they're a mafia for sure but I have a feeling they're mafia.
Timdood - Just like Alisha but his lynches feel like it's mostly guided by the fact that when one gets traction, he'll support it, probably townie.
Shadow - He seems like he's mafia to me I'm not sure why, I think it's cause the fact he's almost TOO active.
Les - He's a little bit suspicious, but he does have a point on most posts he make in my opinion
Me - My opinion on myself doesn't matter it's pretty obvious I'm going to be lynched on day 0 :cool:

• Sad

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I just feel his play style so far has been quite aggressive and a little manipulative, like almost attempting to twist what people have said so that they fit his story and forcing his "perceptions" on everybody.

HKCaper I don't know if you saw the post but Tim did ask if the mafia knew each other yet 2) (sneaky tactic to make it look like he's not scum) but in addition, if there are Masons in the game, would they also know the other Masons at this stage in time?
Aggressive, yes. Manipulative, no, I haven't twisted anyone words. And not once have a said anything along the lines of "I think he's evil, so you should too." I challenge you to find examples of me twisting people's words [what is the story I'm trying to push, by the way?] or me forcing my perceptions on people. Also, why the quotations around "perceptions"?

That's a bit presumptuous, don't you think? You're saying it as a fact, as though there are no other possibilities. I asked because it's relevant information to accusations of teaming on day zero; teaming isn't possible if you don't know your teammates. The example role PMs on the source that was linked in the signup thread has places for other mafioso's names, but assuming that that means HK didn't change it is foolish and meta.

After spending the day thinking about it and looking back, I don't quite understand how Ernie got so many votes. I've spent the last ....almost an hour trying to put together a coherent thing outlining the thing with Ernie but all I succeeded in doing was making my head hurt. Bottom line is I'm not going to vote Ernie.

I think it's just a more dragged out version of what happened with okx

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
a) Shadow
b) Fantome
c) Inffy

Alisha - She seems like a townie, she seems like she's pretty nice and forgiving at the moment, probably a townie.
Inffy - They like to go hard on people, and other people agree with them, can't say that they're a mafia for sure but I have a feeling they're mafia.
Timdood - Just like Alisha but his lynches feel like it's mostly guided by the fact that when one gets traction, he'll support it, probably townie.
Shadow - He seems like he's mafia to me I'm not sure why, I think it's cause the fact he's almost TOO active.
Les - He's a little bit suspicious, but he does have a point on most posts he make in my opinion
Me - My opinion on myself doesn't matter it's pretty obvious I'm going to be lynched on day 0 :cool:
Regarding "me" in the question I meant myself as in ChocoParrot.

Okay so here's the thing: Ernie is still giving me a lot of bad vibes as of right now and him not actively scumhunting just does not sit right with me.

Though the thing I find really really odd about this scenario is that there are more people that have showed some sort of direct resistance to this lynch than the amount of possible scum.

I don't know exactly what he did say but I still get this very strong feeling that Ernie just is more concerned about getting lynched over getting killed at night. I feel like I could be barking on the wrong tree though.

So this leaves choosing between Les and Ernie. Les has been trying to be cooperative and Ernie is just not sitting right with me as of right now. Either way, I am going to vote Ernie simply because the vibes are a mild bit stronger than Les'. Ernie doesn't really seem to be defending himself and with this post here:

Seems to me that he's sort of "given up" at this point which makes me scumread him a bit more.

Though, if the lynch train flips onto Les I'm okay in following that too.

Vote Ernie138

Reactions: Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Regarding "me" in the question I meant myself as in ChocoParrot.

Okay so here's the thing: Ernie is still giving me a lot of bad vibes as of right now and him not actively scumhunting just does not sit right with me.

Though the thing I find really really odd about this scenario is that there are more people that have showed some sort of direct resistance to this lynch than the amount of possible scum.

I don't know exactly what he did say but I still get this very strong feeling that Ernie just is more concerned about getting lynched over getting killed at night. I feel like I could be barking on the wrong tree though.

So this leaves choosing between Les and Ernie. Les has been trying to be cooperative and Ernie is just not sitting right with me as of right now. Either way, I am going to vote Ernie simply because the vibes are a mild bit stronger than Les'. Ernie doesn't really seem to be defending himself and with this post here:

Seems to me that he's sort of "given up" at this point which makes me scumread him a bit more.

Though, if the lynch train flips onto Les I'm okay in following that too.

Vote Ernie138
I like everything you've said here. It's a good, well thought-out, organized post.
The things you've said about Ernie not defending himself are why I said I was going to vote him yesterday, and he still hasn't done so. Following that reasoning, I guess I should've voted him; something just doesn't feel right about it. He doesn't really strike me as town, but I can't really bring myself to vote him until I manage to understand why the votes started piling on so fast initially. I think it just feels bandwagon-y.

I'm still a little torn, I'm leaning torn lynching him, but at this point I really don't know.

Ramble over.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I like everything you've said here. It's a good, well thought-out, organized post.
The things you've said about Ernie not defending himself are why I said I was going to vote him yesterday, and he still hasn't done so. Following that reasoning, I guess I should've voted him; something just doesn't feel right about it. He doesn't really strike me as town, but I can't really bring myself to vote him until I manage to understand why the votes started piling on so fast initially. I think it just feels bandwagon-y.

I'm still a little torn, I'm leaning torn lynching him, but at this point I really don't know.

Ramble over.
I agree here but here's the thing:

Would you rather spare Ernie over Fantome and we're back at the same behaviour with Ernie tomorrow?

Or: would you rather spare Fantome over Ernie? In which case we could actually potentially have better reads tomorrow rather than have everything stuck in a greyzone.

Last option would be to spare both: which is still an option but at this point I feel like we might as well just lynch one of them.

Normally if I get no reads at all I'd lynch someone who's less active so that it doesn't drag on later into the game where it could deal a lot more damage than it could now, considering that Mafia's grip on the votes will only get stronger over time, and Town paranoia could be on the rise by then.

I'm not suggesting you vote Ernie right away but just some food for thought and if you really think it's worth it then yeah.

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I find it annoying that Ernie isn't responding to literally anybody's questioning. At this point he really isn't playing to his win condition if he really is Town.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm struggling to buy that this is a genuine read, what about shadow makes you think he's too active specifically?

Also sometimes Tim feels slightly overly defensive, and I've dismissed it before but his last post gave me droplets of SK feels, I want to think it's probably nothing but just something I wanted to say anyway

That's a bit presumptuous, don't you think? You're saying it as a fact, as though there are no other possibilities. I asked because it's relevant information to accusations of teaming on day zero; teaming isn't possible if you don't know your teammates.
This bit in particular felt overly defensive to me - when I read fogs comment about Tim only asking whether Mafia know each other or not to make him look townie, it read as a little funny quip that wasn't to be taken as an assertion, but Tim seemed to interpreted it seriously and seemed to feel the need to counteract it, pointing out that fog is making an assumption and that there are other possibilities. I wonder whether that's because it hit closer to home and fog was onto something so he was more inclined to decide that it was an assertion that needed defending against

It's only a tiny feeling though and I'm not going to persue it today, it could easily be just a townie who's in the mindset of "I should make my towniness completely clear with no mistake", but I just wanted to point it out as sonething that felt slightly off to me - it wouldn't completely surprise me if Tim turns out to be SK. I really don't think he's Mafia though since his scumhunting feels genuine to me, but SK is free to genuinely scumhunt so that I can see as fairly possible

Reactions: ChocoFox