Blue pill - Mode

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Listen. Just because someone says that they don't like something doesn't mean they're entitled to tell you how to improve it. Personally, I feel that this idea is too radical, and even with fixes, shouldn't be added to gameplay. So before you get all defensive on me and other people above me that have criticized your idea, think about what I've said. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and I'm expressing mine. Others are expressing theirs. They have the right to do so.
He means that it's pointless to just say something is bad and to at least explain why it's bad or how it can be bettered. In this way their suggestions can be bettered in the future.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
He means that it's pointless to just say something is bad and to at least explain why it's bad or how it can be bettered. In this way their suggestions can be bettered in the future.
And who is to say what I can and cannot say? C'mon, if I wanted to give more advice, I would. It's just too radical of an idea.

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
Guys I can see this turning into somewhat of a flame war, if you want to discuss your issues with each others posts not being helpful, please do so in a PM to try and resolve the issue, and not in the suggestion thread, when you have come to an agreement feel free to post what you have to say. To anyone else wanting to help improve the idea, carry on.

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
I'm not trying to join the flame war, but I want to add my opinion. Short version: No. Long version: We'd have to go over the pros and cons.

Pros:
Shortens bore time because random infecter can get people in secrets which drag on the game a lot.
Will be fun to do occasionally.
Invincibility makes for awesome runs.

Cons:
Respawning is bad in every case. A zombie is about to get food and- "respawn". Expect much rage.
Very hard to code.
Random infecter could REALLY annoy people.
Powerpill is enough already.

Powerpill occasionally is fun, but we don't really need this, so my decision would be No. It's a good idea though!

D

DieLorelei

I don't have an opinion, but to be clear, do you mean Invincibility (immortal) or Invisibility (unseen)? I think some of us have the wrong idea...

Regarding Invisibility, those that think its hard to code, its basically just "/hide all" ... But in that case its like: "Blue pill is active! You have 10seconds to get away from nearby zombies and break any rules you want!"

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I don't have an opinion, but to be clear, do you mean Invincibility (immortal) or Invisibility (unseen)? I think some of us have the wrong idea...

Regarding Invisibility, those that think its hard to code, its basically just "/hide all" ... But in that case its like: "Blue pill is active! You have 10seconds to get away from nearby zombies and break any rules you want!"
They could be visible to op+?

D

DieLorelei

That would be better, but that would be the harder part towards coding...

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Maybe it would help if the advantages were evened. One remedy would to be first off, make players invisible to the opposite team for ten seconds, to give the suspense of a hidden zombie lurking when you are a human.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
I don't think coding invisibility for players and not ops is possible. If so I feel like that would have been added for regular operators now. We cannot see each other or pm each other when hidden. I think minecraft is just coded that way. Do not take my word I am not a programmer.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I like Emo's idea where zombies could also be invisible and you'd have that extra Fear and Excitement of not knowing where a Zombie is o:

Hm, I'm sure that coding it in so that when the Blue pill is activated Humans will go invisible (With /hide), Don't forget it's 10 seconds so if anyone did Pillar etc, You can see the blocks being put down but the player would be invisible, And there isn't many rules you can break while being invisible apart from Pillaring and they could only get away with that if it was on a map where you can't build..

D

DieLorelei

they would be able to spleef anyone, hide in a 1 2 1 for those 10seconds, (illogical, but not that it wouldnt happen, either) , if by some chance they did manage to get out of the wom trap while on wom, they could use hacks for those 10 seconds to get an even greater advantage, or they could even use those 10 seconds to noclip through the wom trap unseen...

I wouldnt say no to this, not yet... but it needs a lot more thinking through...

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Well it isn't like they wouldn't be caught if they were using Flight and Noclip, As if they could use Noclip then they can fly.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
they would be able to spleef anyone, hide in a 1 2 1 for those 10seconds, (illogical, but not that it wouldnt happen, either) , if by some chance they did manage to get out of the wom trap while on wom, they could use hacks for those 10 seconds to get an even greater advantage, or they could even use those 10 seconds to noclip through the wom trap unseen...

I wouldnt say no to this, not yet... but it needs a lot more thinking through...
I don't like the idea of allowing hacks very much.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Yes, but Die was suggesting that cheating could be allowed for 10 seconds.
We know, But cheating is also "do-able" at times when there is No trusted/ops on, Like last week for instance, No ops or trusteds on for atleast 2-3 hours, Many rule breakers. Doesn't make a different though :/

D

DieLorelei

Just because it happens doesn't mean we should continue to allow it to happen. I'm just saying the right to be invisible can easily be abused... yeah we can ban hackers, but its better to leave them stuck in the wom trap than deal with them at all... And that excludes the Minecrafted people, who are much harder to trace...

Bottom-line is, if your invisible, anything can happen, and that isn't right or fun to ref with... I would rather support an "/invulnerable all" for 10 seconds as its basically the same thing, just visible and still under the effect of our rules...

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Just because it happens doesn't mean we should continue to allow it to happen. I'm just saying the right to be invisible can easily be abused... yeah we can ban hackers, but its better to leave them stuck in the wom trap than deal with them at all... And that excludes the Minecrafted people, who are much harder to trace...

Bottom-line is, if your invisible, anything can happen, and that isn't right or fun to ref with... I would rather support an "/invulnerable all" for 10 seconds as its basically the same thing, just visible and still under the effect of our rules...
Didn't I say that?

D

DieLorelei

You said it happens when no trusteds or OP+'s are online. Yeah, its pretty hard to have people online 24/7 to keep the server under control. But with that perspective, its like saying "Ah well, a few people are breaking the rules, the world has gone to hell, might as well let everyone do it." I'm saying that yeah it happens, but by giving them 10 seconds to be invisible and do it makes the problem worse...

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
You said it happens when no trusteds or OP+'s are online. Yeah, its pretty hard to have people online 24/7 to keep the server under control. But with that perspective, its like saying "Ah well, a few people are breaking the rules, the world has gone to hell, might as well let everyone do it." I'm saying that yeah it happens, but by giving them 10 seconds to be invisible and do it makes the problem worse...
No No, I was talking about the "Invincible" part, Sorry for the confusion.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Oh my. Its great to have new ideas! Its great to get suggestions! I do love it and the zombie server continue to evolve due to those suggestions, but lets try to be polite. :)

Blue Pill:

As far as i know, invisibility and invulnerability go hand in hand. If you are invisible then there is no hit detection, making you invulnerable. Right?

I am absolutely against any form of invulnerability. It really would take away from the challenge of the game. It brings it away from the skill based gameplay.

Lets not add items that don't depend on skill to help balance the game, it seem like a bad focus. Rather we should focus on how we can better define the game we have. Zombies winning to much on certain maps? it would seem to be great to focus on things like individual map times, or something to that effect.

Red Pill:

No, That is horrible. A zombie should only gain a kill by tagging a player.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hmm, Ok I see your point Jowe.. I've been thinking.. What about the Blue pill giving x2 Karma for each 2 minutes you survive, or for the time being.. For example, The blue pill would come to effect on the last 1:30 Minutes, giving the survivors a 1:30 Time limit to survive and Gain a x2 or Higher bonus for Human Karma.

Red pill will pick Random Zombies and change their color to Purple, Which will give them the effect of x2 Karma for that time being, Which means for the time that it is Red Pill'd, Zombies gain x2 Zombie Karma for each kill.. Now, Every 2 kills they get would x2 it.. For example

Example killed Example omg!
Example killed Example (Karma x2)
Example killed Example
Example killed Example (Karma x4)

This way It shouldn't really effect game play Themselves, But It'd be a cool little "Bonus" or "Achievement" to get, I know some people might disagree with this because it Only effects your Karma, But if people were to suggest something else to take place rather than the Karma, then by all means please say, Otherwise don't reply with "I DUN' LIEK IT"

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Don't worry to much about people saying "I don't like it". The only opinions that you really need to influence with your ideas are the HC's and they are pretty good when it comes to judging suggestions in fairness. Even with the "i like it/i don't like it"

I do like the way your thinking with the new suggestion. I need to think about it more before i can really comment, but if we ever got boards to /reset monthly or bi-monthly then something like this might add to the game.