Blue pill - Mode

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
So basically I've been thinking and I thought it'd be cool to have a "Blue pill" mode, that would be more Random and "Rare" to get than Power pill.

What will the Blue pill mode do?

• You will be Invisible
  • Zombies cannot get you during the 10 second Blue pill mode

Now I know what your thinking.. "Oh but It'll ruin game play or It'll have glitches Etc", But the thing is, During the Blue pill mode you can only Respawn once and you will only be invincible for 10 seconds.

Pros:
  • You'll be able to escape from the mere clutches of a zombie.
  • It'll make that round more exciting.
  • You'll have 10 extra seconds from dying (Assuming you're being chased)
Cons:
  • They may get confused with invisibility and will end up dying (Same thing as Power pill, They have to learn one way or another)
Something that I personally like about this is that you will be able to swiftly get away leaving the zombie dazed and confused on how you got away!.. I forgot to mention something for Zombies.
  • When the 10 second Invincibility ends, Zombies will have a 10 second "Super Zombie" power which will cause them to kill 2 players (By this I mean that if they kill someone during that 10 seconds, The human closest to the human killed will also be killed without being near the zombie).
Discuss.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Complicated, and confusing. Why can't we have a simple game of tag, to parody Jowe?
Is it codeable? And there are the balancing issues. I would not like it if I were safe with my friends where the zombies aren't thinking of looking, and being randomly chosen for zombie because of super-zombie.
In my opinion, too complicated, and it has balancing issues.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Complicated, and confusing. Why can't we have a simple game of tag, to parody Jowe?
Is it codeable? And there are the balancing issues. I would not like it if I were safe with my friends where the zombies aren't thinking of looking, and being randomly chosen for zombie because of super-zombie.
In my opinion, too complicated, and it has balancing issues.
Well that's your opinion.. Maybe if you read the post properly you would've seen this:
more Random and "Rare" to get than Power pill.
Meaning it's only on every now and then, So what's the problem if you get randomly picked every 15 matches? It's not like you're going to survive every round.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Still, I can hear the n00b rage already: "WTF, I WUS NOWERE NEAR ZOMBEHS! &(^&(^*&*!#@"
"HUMANS ARE CHEETING, THEY RESPAWND!! BAN THEM"
And I did read it properly.
You get that already so it doesn't make a difference, A friendly user (Mainly Trusted+) Would explain to them what's going on - Kinda like they do with Power pill.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Zombie server has so much staff though, They have..
  • 2 Head Controllers - Intensik and Damer_Flinn
  • 1 Controller - AvantGarde
  • 7 VetOps - Vatumok, Nillbugwtw, One_Survivor, Kattzen, Ethical1337, Ultimatebudgie and Enceladus
  • 24 Ops - Omgitsathong, Baron_Bread, Awwwyea, Emues7, Eliteguardian, Cliffy1000, Snowma, Walker1212, Megatron, Mariosatr, LetterP, Erikkruchten, Summer10, Dielorelei, My_name_is_tuna, Jowe, Dannyboymed, Jolasveinn, Airkid, xrat, Alpha102, Iamgreg07, Matt_Allen and Gameprochampion.
  • 8 Trusteds - Apollo17, Blankk, Chillingworth, Ginbird96, D0mac, Davidjl123, Xxnyxoxx, Gassy_Europeon
I'm sure they can handle it.

Why is every idea being rejected because it takes effort to make?
this sounds good in my opinion, The zombies always win so this might even be a good thing for once.
Thanks for the support, Depending on the Map rotation Zombies will usually win, Unless you have player like OS, Myst, And other long-term players that are on who know brilliant hiding spots (Including Jowe ofc.) - It'd be nice to have a new mode like Power pill.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
They don't always.
And you don't need a brilliant player like OS or Myst to win.
But it appears zombie has enough staff. Carry on.
Is it possible to code it to allow respawning only once?
It may be possible, Just think.. 100 years ago they didn't think all of this.. Life would be possible, the current technology, Don't see why It's not possible to code that in.

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com

Anyways, I don't really want this in the server, I'm not really worried about the coding but rather about the gameplay, sure in theory this would be a nice change once in a while, but look at it from a new players point of view, you join the server and everything is going fine, suddenly the pill is activated and you suddenly see a zombie respawn in front and behind you, extreme circumstances yes, but possible, I myself would probably quit. I don't want it to seem like we SHOULDN'T do this just for new players but also because I think it would dramatically alter that rounds gameplay even in 10 seconds, also a question would this be a command like powerpill, or a random thing? To sum it up I don't think this should be implemented as I don't feel it's necessary and it would be confusing also, and you don't need this to survive, many humans survive rounds, you just have to get lucky that no zombies are chasing you or run really well that round.

M

Myst

I don't really see the appeal of this. If it's used late in the round (like it should), then only runners will utilize it. And except for the few extra seconds of survival (which you didn't earn), it's pretty much useless on most maps. I also wouldn't underestimate the confusion thing with zombie players. (omg y human kill zombi?) Yeah.

Emues7

Uranus
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I, as I'm sure others do, believe that respawning completely ruins this game of tag. As Darthlego said, it would promote confusion among newcomers, and it would also be extremely unfair to our seasoned players.
Respawning/random kills = no no no.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Ok, But to me it seems your ranting about the Idea instead of giving Criticism and Ideas that I could change to the suggestion.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I dislike the respawning part.
Ok, In your eyes what could you see added to the suggestion that would suit it and other players will like it? I'm starting to see everyones point about respawning.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I've made some changes, Could you all read it again? :p

They don't always.

And you don't need a brilliant player like OS or Myst to win.

But it appears zombie has enough staff. Carry on.

Is it possible to code it to allow respawning only once?
Anyways, I don't really want this in the server, I'm not really worried about the coding but rather about the gameplay, sure in theory this would be a nice change once in a while, but look at it from a new players point of view, you join the server and everything is going fine, suddenly the pill is activated and you suddenly see a zombie respawn in front and behind you, extreme circumstances yes, but possible, I myself would probably quit. I don't want it to seem like we SHOULDN'T do this just for new players but also because I think it would dramatically alter that rounds gameplay even in 10 seconds, also a question would this be a command like powerpill, or a random thing? To sum it up I don't think this should be implemented as I don't feel it's necessary and it would be confusing also, and you don't need this to survive, many humans survive rounds, you just have to get lucky that no zombies are chasing you or run really well that round.
I don't really see the appeal of this. If it's used late in the round (like it should), then only runners will utilize it. And except for the few extra seconds of survival (which you didn't earn), it's pretty much useless on most maps. I also wouldn't underestimate the confusion thing with zombie players. (omg y human kill zombi?) Yeah.
I'm sorry, but I, as I'm sure others do, believe that respawning completely ruins this game of tag. As Darthlego said, it would promote confusion among newcomers, and it would also be extremely unfair to our seasoned players.
Respawning/random kills = no no no.
I dislike the respawning part.

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
During the Blue pill mode you can only Respawn once
Forgot that part Angel, anyways, I appreciate you're taking the criticism and looking to improve upon it, (although most of it wasn't really constructive criticism, I am glad you were able to see what most of us were concerned about and work from it)

My only real concern was about the coding for invincibility which I'm not to sure how it works, if it's easily code-able, than good, and while I'm still not sure if I even want this edited suggestion in, I think it could work and it certainly is better than before, 10 seconds really isn't that long, ALTHOUGH, we would need to perhaps code it to not happen in the last minute as that would make things very unfair for zombies, especially in the last 10 seconds.

To sum it up, I like the edit better, look above for what I think can be improved on and I am undecided on whether or not I personally want this implemented but I'm leaning more towards yes, as new game features are fun, so long as they are balanced/fair enough.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Forgot that part Angel, anyways, I appreciate you're taking the criticism and looking to improve upon it, (although most of it wasn't really constructive criticism, I am glad you were able to see what most of us were concerned about and work from it)

My only real concern was about the coding for invincibility which I'm not to sure how it works, if it's easily code-able, than good, and while I'm still not sure if I even want this edited suggestion in, I think it could work and it certainly is better than before, 10 seconds really isn't that long, ALTHOUGH, we would need to perhaps code it to not happen in the last minute as that would make things very unfair for zombies, especially in the last 10 seconds.

To sum it up, I like the edit better, look above for what I think can be improved on and I am undecided on whether or not I personally want this implemented but I'm leaning more towards yes, as new game features are fun, so long as they are balanced/fair enough.
Your Picture gave me an Idea, What if there was a Blue pill representing humans, And red pill representing Zombies.. The Blue pill (When activated) gave Humans temporary Abilities (That being invisibility), This should only happen when.. Well I'm not sure, the last 15-7 humans? And for time it should last for 10 seconds as if you count it (1-2-3-4..) It's actually longer than you think.. It would also give humans a chance to move hiding places and lose zombies at the right time!

As for the Red pill, It would give Zombies temporary abilities when activited, Them being the power to kill Multiple humans at once (10 seconds, You can kill a max of 2 if the 2nd person is in a 5 block radius)

I personally think this could work really well for the server, Although like many have said, New players will get confused and be like "Y U SO H4CK NOOB NAB CRACK *Gets warned and kicked*" But that's why Zombie has staff, They can help the new players (Normal players would also help).

And I agree, If it was at the last minute It'd be unfair especially if their about to kill the last human, So perhaps in the Middle of the game?

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I see.. Still don't think that this would add much, sorry.
Then could tell me what I could add to the suggestions that would Improve it? Honestly, Why do people reply with "I DUN LIEK IT" and not give suggestions.. Am I supposed to read their minds or somethin' .-.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Then could tell me what I could add to the suggestions that would Improve it? Honestly, Why do people reply with "I DUN LIEK IT" and not give suggestions.. Am I supposed to read their minds or somethin' .-.
Listen. Just because someone says that they don't like something doesn't mean they're entitled to tell you how to improve it. Personally, I feel that this idea is too radical, and even with fixes, shouldn't be added to gameplay. So before you get all defensive on me and other people above me that have criticized your idea, think about what I've said. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and I'm expressing mine. Others are expressing theirs. They have the right to do so.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Listen. Just because someone says that they don't like something doesn't mean they're entitled to tell you how to improve it. Personally, I feel that this idea is too radical, and even with fixes, shouldn't be added to gameplay. So before you get all defensive on me and other people above me that have criticized your idea, think about what I've said. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and I'm expressing mine. Others are expressing theirs. They have the right to do so.
Uhm.. I wasn't being all defensive, Sorry if my post sounded like that but I'm not being "So serious"; And who said you and others aren't allowed to express your opinions? no-one did, I'm just saying It'd be nice if they said exactly what's wrong with it and what could be improved instead of saying that It wouldn't fit, when someone else believes the opposite :s