Ask me anything: Legacies of Primordia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
so how long until this smp becomes a complete and utter fucking ghost town like the others 2 weeks or a month
Probably depends on how often the SMP Staff release content - maybe every two weeks or on the first of every month - and how well received the content is for the players to continue playing. I think it also hinges on staff activity too and whether they're active or start to lose interest in the server over time. Plenty of variables that cause a server to become stagnant, and this is a valid question even though it's direct, so I don't understand why people are disliking it. ( http://image.prntscr.com/image/ef523e2d5ce94de6b733e39dd8d2afb1.png )

• Love
Reactions: Rune and Notme

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Probably depends on how often the SMP Staff release content - maybe every two weeks or on the first of every month - and how well received the content is for the players to continue playing. I think it also hinges on staff activity too and whether they're active or start to lose interest in the server over time. Plenty of variables that cause a server to become stagnant, and this is a valid question even though it's direct, so I don't understand why people are disliking it. ( http://image.prntscr.com/image/ef523e2d5ce94de6b733e39dd8d2afb1.png )
A valid question would be "What do you plan on doing to not make this SMP like previous SMP's that dies out quickly" not how he phrased it. It's a semi-valid question. He's not even really asking a question about IF the server will stay up, he's practically stating that the SMP is gonna die out, and is saying "is it gonna be 2 weeks or a month??" The way he worded it is a reason to dislike it, even if he didn't intend it to be rude, doesn't mean he didn't come off as rude though.

EDIT: To add, I don't think this was a "direct" statement as moreso just someone who likes to mess about in the first place and has a rep for it (which is known amongst the staff team well). Hell, even saying "Well all the other servers became a complete and utter fucking ghostown, and this might be another one that takes the shit and goes down the same hole, are you planning on changing anything to interest more players?" would be better.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

Catcocomics

Reaction score
so how long until this smp becomes a complete and utter fucking ghost town like the others 2 weeks or a month
I can tell that little thought or care was put into the "question", since it lacks punctuation and effective grammar to the point of disjointing its flow and almost derailing the reader at the end. That and the use of the F-bomb suggests the post was hastily typed in a fit of anger or as a shoddy attack.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
will there be a mana system for special abilities?

If so, will it be level, hunger, scoreboard, or some other variable the sever keeps track of?

If not, will it simply cool downs, consumable items/ammo, or will we get to spam everything to our heart's content?

I imagine that cool downs will likely be used in conjunction with a mana system if one is present.
1) yes

2) idk how it keeps track of it, you have a thing called mana, it regenerates, and theres a bunch of things that go into how fast it regens and what your max is.

3) in addition to mana, there are cooldowns on some skills, and some require consumables (aka reagents) in order to perform those skills.

4) yes.

Will be map 100% pvp zone?

Will be PvP arena at center of map? Or center of map is going to have special use?

Can we protect our chests with dirt/LWC plugin (original Primordia - limited use)/or all chests will have to be reachable like in Kami?
You can always place your coal/lapis/redstone/emerald/iron/gold/diamond blocks, if you want enderchest for rare mob loot and enchanting books/enchanted armor.

Edit: I like how I post stuff here in morning, and I get answers at evening :p
Its like Ogarci lived on Pluto.
1) Yes. Spawn world aka Valkyrie Isles will not be. Family zones will be build-only for family members.

2) There will probably be somehting, idk what yet.

3) Kami copied that rule from LoP, and that is what will stay. All chests must be reachable by some non-deadly method. You cannot LWC or dirt your chests, or hide them. You enderchest will be your one safe chest. As for the block crafting, it will still be doable but different. More details later on that.

4) youre very lucky that i still answer your questions because its very challenging

You obviously don't have the basic ability to fucking read, because I touched on this earlier. I'd teach you to read, but I can only teach it to you, not understand it for you. After swimming through your cancerous, poorly done shitpost, I think you mean "What do you plan on doing to not make this SMP like previous SMP's that dies out quickly"

A lot of things. Some I can do right now, some I can do later. Our previous SMP servers all have the same basic pattern: huge release, but dies in a few weeks. Old Primordia didn't follow this so much, and is one of the reasons I was interested in a remake. I want to take something we did well with, and make it better. Make it nicer, nicer features, more things to do. No grinding, no afking, you have to TRY to be bored. I want to try to provide something for everyone.

You can PVP, you can raid, you can lead a family, you can help build, you can train in a bunch of classes to do cool skills, you can improve your family's infrastructure, you can explore terrain that you've probably never seen before, you can search for a dungeon, you can collect art (you'll see), you can do quests (if I can do them right at a reasonable time, this isn't a #1 priority for release), and you can craft items and sell them to others and have a monopoly on iron or cactus or some shit. There's a LOT you can do and a lot I can't explain here.

The thing is though, that a lot of these and the best ones of these revolve around you doing it with other people, which is the premise behind the four families. Not just that, but there has to be people in those families. 4 or 5 people in each family will be shit. I feel like a lot of success is going t hinge on people being there in the beginning, we get the good impression in that we know what we're doing, and we build a long-term sustainable playerbase that's equally attractive to new and outside players. This hinges a lot on hype. That's part of the reason I made this thread and why there will be more to come.

Of course, there has to be new and exciting content down the road too. New dungeons that are challenging to veteran players. New classes and skills to train in. New quests (again, hopefully). New lands to explore. I don't have specifics planned out yet but here are some ideas I've had: Raid dungeons. Family pvp tournaments. Last Man Standing-style tournaments. Maybe some portals somewhere that give you access to some crazy hardcore dimension with OP mobs, alien terrain, rare loot, or something valuable for a quest.

And yes, all of this shit I've said sounds good and promising, and I KNOW, it's a lot. It's a lot to do, it's a lot to maintain. The majority of it though, is preparing it and making sure it's right before release, then you mostly don't have to worry about it. This is why I've said time and time again, the server will be released when it's done, and not a moment sooner. That doesn't mean expect shit in a year. Myself and the wonderful team I have are working hard on this every day we can to try to make the best we can, as soon as we can.

do lots of things and do it well, get lots of players and let them do a bunch of cool shit. add more shit later.

edit: i'm writing this at like 3am, if you can't understand what I mean by something, i can clarify. night folks

Last edited:

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
1) yes

2) idk how it keeps track of it, you have a thing called mana, it regenerates, and theres a bunch of things that go into how fast it regens and what your max is.

3) in addition to mana, there are cooldowns on some skills, and some require consumables (aka reagents) in order to perform those skills.

4) yes.

1) Yes. Spawn world aka Valkyrie Isles will not be. Family zones will be build-only for family members.

2) There will probably be somehting, idk what yet.

3) Kami copied that rule from LoP, and that is what will stay. All chests must be reachable by some non-deadly method. You cannot LWC or dirt your chests, or hide them. You enderchest will be your one safe chest. As for the block crafting, it will still be doable but different. More details later on that.

4) youre very lucky that i still answer your questions because its very challenging

You obviously don't have the basic ability to fucking read, because I touched on this earlier. I'd teach you to read, but I can only teach it to you, not understand it for you. After swimming through your cancerous, poorly done shitpost, I think you mean "What do you plan on doing to not make this SMP like previous SMP's that dies out quickly"

A lot of things. Some I can do right now, some I can do later. Our previous SMP servers all have the same basic pattern: huge release, but dies in a few weeks. Old Primordia didn't follow this so much, and is one of the reasons I was interested in a remake. I want to take something we did well with, and make it better. Make it nicer, nicer features, more things to do. No grinding, no afking, you have to TRY to be bored. I want to try to provide something for everyone.

You can PVP, you can raid, you can lead a family, you can help build, you can train in a bunch of classes to do cool skills, you can improve your family's infrastructure, you can explore terrain that you've probably never seen before, you can search for a dungeon, you can collect art (you'll see), you can do quests (if I can do them right at a reasonable time, this isn't a #1 priority for release), and you can craft items and sell them to others and have a monopoly on iron or cactus or some shit. There's a LOT you can do and a lot I can't explain here.

The thing is though, that a lot of these and the best ones of these revolve around you doing it with other people, which is the premise behind the four families. Not just that, but there has to be people in those families. 4 or 5 people in each family will be shit. I feel like a lot of success is going t hinge on people being there in the beginning, we get the good impression in that we know what we're doing, and we build a long-term sustainable playerbase that's equally attractive to new and outside players. This hinges a lot on hype. That's part of the reason I made this thread and why there will be more to come.

Of course, there has to be new and exciting content down the road too. New dungeons that are challenging to veteran players. New classes and skills to train in. New quests (again, hopefully). New lands to explore. I don't have specifics planned out yet but here are some ideas I've had: Raid dungeons. Family pvp tournaments. Last Man Standing-style tournaments. Maybe some portals somewhere that give you access to some crazy hardcore dimension with OP mobs, alien terrain, rare loot, or something valuable for a quest.

And yes, all of this shit I've said sounds good and promising, and I KNOW, it's a lot. It's a lot to do, it's a lot to maintain. The majority of it though, is preparing it and making sure it's right before release, then you mostly don't have to worry about it. This is why I've said time and time again, the server will be released when it's done, and not a moment sooner. That doesn't mean expect shit in a year. Myself and the wonderful team I have are working hard on this every day we can to try to make the best we can, as soon as we can.

do lots of things and do it well, get lots of players and let them do a bunch of cool shit. add more shit later.

edit: i'm writing this at like 3am, if you can't understand what I mean by something, i can clarify. night folks

mfw ogar rekt chao while simultaneously answering the question

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Well its timezones fault - you are from Eastern USA, while I'm from Eastern Europe - so there is 6 - 8 hours of difference.

Apparently shitposter was removed from forums (that one saying "roflmao server is going to die in 2 hours anyway"). :p

Last edited:

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
What about 27 shulker chests stored in enderchest?
This means effective space for 729 slots.
Of course shulker boxes will be hard to get, as you need to travel far and wide in The End.
Couple of them will be good too - you can store your most precious stuff here in practically double or quadraple enderchest.

Will it balance itself by being hard to get?
----------
What about totem of undying - 1.11 item, that you can get from woodland mansions.
It restores your health before you die.
It means if someone gets it, then he has big advantage over someone, who doesn't have it. For me this item actually would make me a decent pvpr, as it would effectively double my HP ayyy.
-----------
How big map will be for Overworld/Nether/The End on server launch?
-----------
Will Mystic Well be a thing on Primordia? It meant to be on Malcs SMP, but we all know, that Malc took an ar-
From Malcovents SMP post:
Introduction of a 'Mystic well' style feature, throw items in, get items out. The more expensive the items you throw in, the higher the chance of a unique/rare item out.

So you can for example you can throw in double chest of cobblestone and get chest of stone. Or throw in some gold and get diamond.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SalientGorilla

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
There's probably already a plugin that stops you doing that, it's a non-issue if it's a concern.

What about totem of undying - 1.11 item, that you can get from woodland mansions.
If you were lucky enough to get one (they are finite after all) in terms of effective HP I believe would better off equipping a shield (that negates all damage) than having double HP. Different classes might alter this so it's probably too early to consider.

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Well its timezones fault - you are from Eastern USA, while I'm from Eastern Europe - so there is 6 - 8 hours of difference.
I don't think thats what he means by challenging, you ask some very specific questions that may be hard for him to answer. (especially if he wants to keep some things secret, or he's nope sure about what he is doing, etc.)

It means if someone gets it, then he has big advantage over someone, who doesn't have it. For me this item actually would make me a decent pvpr, as it would effectively double my HP ayyy.
He's answered this already I believe.

Reactions: Nottykitten

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I don't think thats what he means by challenging, you ask some very specific questions that may be hard for him to answer. (especially if he wants to keep some things secret, or he's nope sure about what he is doing, etc.)
Well I was pointing at delay itself, not my questions being tricky to answer without spoiling.
If I was in same timezone as him, I would get answers midday, if I posted questions in early morning.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mooglie

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
nnnnnnnnnn
Well I was pointing at delay itself, not my questions being tricky to answer without spoiling.
If I was in same timezone as him, I would get answers midday, if I posted questions in early morning.
Well you replied to his answer of your questions being challenging, with timezones, so I figured thats why you were saying your questions were challenging.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
This means effective space for 729 slots.
Of course shulker boxes will be hard to get, as you need to travel far and wide in The End.
Couple of them will be good too - you can store your most precious stuff here in practically double or quadraple enderchest.

Will it balance itself by being hard to get?
----------
-----------
How big map will be for Overworld/Nether/The End on server launch?
-----------
Will Mystic Well be a thing on Primordia? It meant to be on Malcs SMP, but we all know, that Malc took an ar-
From Malcovents SMP post:
Introduction of a 'Mystic well' style feature, throw items in, get items out. The more expensive the items you throw in, the higher the chance of a unique/rare item out.

So you can for example you can throw in double chest of cobblestone and get chest of stone. Or throw in some gold and get diamond.
1) Shulkerboxes: Aye, that seems OP. I'll look into preventing shulkerboxes in an enderchest, the other options seem less fun.

2) There's already Heroes skills that do this - prevent death. Totems will still be obtainable but will extremely rare.

3) I feel like I answered this. Somewhere around 3K x 3K for the overworld. Pending.

4) I'd rather have some kind of transmutation skill that's hard to get as opposed to something like that. I don't feel like it would play nicely with the other mechanics of the server.

5) You've reached your question limit. You're allowed to ask 3 more questions before release, and I will not answer anymore, notme. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
1) Shulkerboxes: Aye, that seems OP. I'll look into preventing shulkerboxes in an enderchest, the other options seem less fun.

2) There's already Heroes skills that do this - prevent death. Totems will still be obtainable but will extremely rare.

3) I feel like I answered this. Somewhere around 3K x 3K for the overworld. Pending.

4) I'd rather have some kind of transmutation skill that's hard to get as opposed to something like that. I don't feel like it would play nicely with the other mechanics of the server.

5) You've reached your question limit. You're allowed to ask 3 more questions before release, and I will not answer anymore, notme. :)
Hmmm 9 square kilometers of land... so over 2 square kilometers for every family. .
Weren't previous SMPs with their circle radius of 3500 having much bigger maps?
Previous SMPs had area of 38 square kilometers. I guess with 4 clans means we can have much smaller area on server launch.

So map will have square and max coords will be -1500 - 1500.
Where clan portals will be placed? At corners of map like +-1400, +-1400 or closer like +-500, +-500?

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hmmm 9 square kilometers of land... so over 2 square kilometers for every family. .
Weren't previous SMPs with their circle radius of 3500 having much bigger maps?
Previous SMPs had area of 38 square kilometers. I guess with 4 clans means we can have much smaller area on server launch.

So map will have square and max coords will be -1500 - 1500.
Where clan portals will be placed? At corners of map like +-1400, +-1400 or closer like +-500, +-500?
That's two of your questions used :D

Like I said, 3k is not a guarantee. LoP was 2k. Kami was 10k and way too big.

Clan portals will be at roughly similar coordinates, but depending on the surrounding terrain, might vary a bit.

• Informative

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
That's two of your questions used :D

Clan portals will be at roughly similar coordinates, but depending on the surrounding terrain, might vary a bit.
Eh I asked how far from center of map will be our capital portals: 1400 meters from center of map or 500 meters?
There is difference between traveling 2800 m and 500 m in straight lines between 2 families on beginning.

Proper The Last Question (do not answer it with "42" pls)
If classes will have Tiers, then will be different tiered players able to attack each other?
Or will be here limitations, for example T3 class guy can't attack T2 guy, unless he's on T3's family territory?

Also small suggestion (yeah yeah I know I'm naughty now as I used all my questions) :
Please make our ingame names have family colors, so we can see, if that player belongs to Dagon, Gaia, Primus or Aeres without using commands.
We don't want to attack our fellow family member or ally by mistake :)
Here is picture from RoF screenshots to show what I mean:

Mockup LoP screenie: Here are 67457474 from Aeres and lizthehedgehog from Primus raiding dungeon.
So yeah this is what I meant by ingame colorful name tags.
(Aeres, being special snowflake by having gradient red - yellow name doesn't mean you can have gradient colored name tags.)

Another format could be:
[FamilyName (having family colors)] Nick (colored with rank color, like on RoF)
For example:
[Aeres] Friendy <---- This format would indicate, that Friendy belongs to Aeres, and is Moderator on server.

Last edited:

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Eh I asked how far from center of map will be our capital portals: 1400 meters from center of map or 500 meters?
There is difference between traveling 2800 m and 500 m in straight lines between 2 families on beginning.

Proper The Last Question (do not answer it with "42" pls)
If classes will have Tiers, then will be different tiered players able to attack each other?
Or will be here limitations, for example T3 class guy can't attack T2 guy, unless he's on T3's family territory?

Also small suggestion (yeah yeah I know I'm naughty now as I used all my questions) :
Please make our ingame names have family colors, so we can see, if that player belongs to Dagon, Gaia, Primus or Aeres without using commands.
We don't want to attack our fellow family member or ally by mistake :)
Here is picture from RoF screenshots to show what I mean:

Mockup LoP screenie: Here are 67457474 from Aeres and lizthehedgehog from Primus raiding dungeon.
So yeah this is what I meant by ingame colorful name tags.
(Aeres, being special snowflake by having gradient red - yellow name doesn't mean you can have gradient colored name tags.)

Another format could be:
[FamilyName (having family colors)] Nick (colored with rank color, like on RoF)
For example:
[Aeres] Friendy <---- This format would indicate, that Friendy belongs to Aeres, and is Moderator on server.
Idk where portals will be yet.

Yes, just because you're a lower tier doesn't mean you should be able to walk around without getting murdered.

Nameplates are already a thing, thanks for making sure though

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Can we have it so that people who aren't interested in fighting can be set to no-pvp unless challenging to or giving consent to a duel?
You're going to have to be prepared for a fight, have protection, a teleport away, or something. If someone is made immune to pvp, it would get easily abused. You could walk into someones house and steal their things, you couldnt get killed. Or if someone wanted to raid you, you couldn't kill them.

I know what you're thinking, I generally fall into the same category of people that prefer to do their own thing instead of pvping. Ask Refrigerated or Nyxo, they raided me and I'll never forget it :p but I understand that it's an important part of the server to some people.

You'll just have to do your best if you want to avoid a fight. Talk it out, give them something to leave you alone, something.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Can we disassemble tools/weapons/armor to its components? (I think I asked that before, but I didn't get answer)
Diamond warrior won't need leather armor or bow, better to disassemble and sell/recycle materials.
It would be nice, if all craftable stuff except food could be disassembled.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Can we disassemble tools/weapons/armor to its components? (I think I asked that before, but I didn't get answer)
Diamond warrior won't need leather armor or bow, better to disassemble and sell/recycle materials.
It would be nice, if all craftable stuff except food could be disassembled.
Certain players should be able to do this with the Deconstruct skill. Not everyone

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.