Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hi!

Something I thought would be fun in the meantime of the server release of Legacies of Primordia is an AMA! Ask me anything related to Legacies of Primordia! I promise to answer all questions, but I cannot guarantee that I will answer them in superb spoiling detail :)

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Moved question from announcement.

How long typical PvP battle between 2 similarly armored and skilled players will last?
That's not a simple question. There's different levels of skill, it depends if the players are the same Heroes class, skills, etc. I can't even give a vague estimate because there's so many variables.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
That's not a simple question. There's different levels of skill, it depends if the players are the same Heroes class, skills, etc. I can't even give a vague estimate because there's so many variables.
Lets say all variables are same. This would be ideally matched duel.
So what is highest possible damage, and what max HP players can have?
For normal Minecraft max damage is 25 HP or so - combination of Diamond Axe with Sharpness V, Strength II potion, and critical hit.
Everyone have 20 (25 max with golden apple) HP. Typical duel lasts less than 10 seconds.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Lets say all variables are same. This would be ideally matched duel.
So what is highest possible damage, and what max HP players can have?
For normal Minecraft max damage is 25 HP or so - combination of Diamond Axe with Sharpness V, Strength II potion, and critical hit.
Everyone have 20 (25 max with golden apple) HP. Typical duel lasts less than 10 seconds.
You're asking an extremely complicated question that im not going to be able to answer. Max HP depends on your Heroes Class and your Endurance attribute. (more on that shit down the road) Damage is your weapon, your class, your Strength attribute, then there's skills. Skills that might make your opponent stop moving or slow down, might blind them or prevent them from using a skill. You might knock them back or get knocked back. you might miss and use too much mana. I just CANT answer this because theres so much going on. I suspect that duels will last longer than 10 seconds.

• Informative
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
You're asking an extremely complicated question that im not going to be able to answer. Max HP depends on your Heroes Class and your Endurance attribute. (more on that shit down the road) Damage is your weapon, your class, your Strength attribute, then there's skills. Skills that might make your opponent stop moving or slow down, might blind them or prevent them from using a skill. You might knock them back or get knocked back. you might miss and use too much mana. I just CANT answer this because theres so much going on. I suspect that duels will last longer than 10 seconds.
Wow so PvP will be much more interesting than in Vanilla Minecraft :D
It is like unmodded Skyrim level complexity or even bit more complex.

I remember, that original Primordia was plagued with technical problems.
3 MC updates in 4 months isn't good for server longevity and health :p
I wonder how hard to maintain this server is. Like your typical RoF or AoD? Or slightly more demanding?

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I wonder how hard to maintain this server is. Like your typical RoF or AoD? Or slightly more demanding?
Less demanding. None of it is custom coded like RoF and AoD. Probably 85% of it is a one and done setup. The world, the interior structure like permissions, etc. Once it's done there wont be a lot of upkeep other than content additions, balancing, and bug fixing.

• Informative

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Less demanding. None of it is custom coded like RoF and AoD. Probably 85% of it is a one and done setup. The world, the interior structure like permissions, etc. Once it's done there wont be a lot of upkeep other than content additions, balancing, and bug fixing.
Hmm so MC updates will be less painful as well.
At least its nice to know, that it won't crash and burn horribly just like it happened to old Primordia.

I know, that leaders will play a lot and be creative with stuff, if there are lots of active people in their clans.
Hopefully combined effect of server features and good leadership will keep servers popularity for long time.
It would be funny, if no one joined RoF, Create and AoD for few weeks, as everyone would be playing Primordia ;^)

Edit: Ogarci, its like 2 AM right now for you o.o
Edit: Here you can see playerbase dynamics for whole lobby: http://minecraftservers.org/server/386636 (stats tab)

Are there freelancers?
How clan numbers will be balanced with each other?
A clan with crappy leadership will be ugly sight (Gaia in original Primordia). How stuff like this will be dealt?

Last edited:

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Are there freelancers?
How clan numbers will be balanced with each other?
A clan with crappy leadership will be ugly sight (Gaia in original Primordia). How stuff like this will be dealt?
There will be freelance zones that are open to all, but there will be no freelance rank at this time. We may re-evaluate this after server release and determine if it's necessary.

We'll try to balance clan numbers to the best of our abilities. We're still in discussion on the best way to do this.

Clans will be mostly left to the players to run. I'm not going to tell anyone how to run a clan. If you think a leader is shitty, throw a coup and overthrow them. Anything not against server rules will be permitted, within reason. Being an asshole isn't tolerable, you can't do something like make a family rule that "No one will be nice to Ogarci, he smells funny" because that's just stupid and not nice.
Can we pressure you for a release date, make you release early and totally ruin the server? It'll be fine!
Server will be released on a day ending in y. Soon.

can i have a free llama?
Maybe.

Can I get admin on the server?
Sure! Just apply for staff at the right time and work your way up :D

What about the families you mentioned?
What about them? They're still happening? I don't understand the question.

Will be void here separating families?
...what?

• Informative

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
In the sense are they like hierarchies with clans in them/do I get to shoot lasers from my eyes for being in Aeres

(I'm trying to save you from silly questions ;__; )
No, they're all the same, it's up to whoever joins those families to make them unique.

So far the only uniqueness is the names. If you like plants you might join Gaia, idk. Dagon because Mehrunes Dagon is a daedric prince in The Elder Scrolls series. It's completely up to you on who you want to join.

• Winner
Reactions: Notme and Velzerat

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I meant void at clan borders.
When I started playing original Primordia, I thought there will be bigass abyss except for center of map.
So there would be around 100 - 200 block wide abyss, sides would be very steep cliffs, and there would be very low placed X shaped "bridge" connecting corners of Aeres, Dagon, Primus and Gaia land.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Will the circumference of the moon empower my gold sword to strike at the heart of Dagon at exactly 3AM on the 15th of April during the solar eclipse on the year of the rooster
I mean, duh? OF COURSE this is a feature i dont know why you even have to ask

I meant void at clan borders.
When I started playing original Primordia, I thought there will be bigass abyss except for center of map.
So there would be around 100 - 200 block wide abyss, sides would be very steep cliffs, and there would be very low placed X shaped "bridge" connecting corners of Aeres, Dagon, Primus and Gaia land.
There's not going to be any 'void' terrain in the overworld.

If you're asking about the how borders are set up, there will be a designated plot of land for each family and non-visible borders. Hopefully if I can do it right, you'll get a notification when you enter or leave a family's land. Family borders will not be side by side. Between them will be the free zones that are not owned by anyone.

• Thank You
Reactions: BrickWolf

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I mean, duh? OF COURSE this is a feature i dont know why you even have to ask

There's not going to be any 'void' terrain in the overworld.

If you're asking about the how borders are set up, there will be a designated plot of land for each family and non-visible borders. Hopefully if I can do it right, you'll get a notification when you enter or leave a family's land. Family borders will not be side by side. Between them will be the free zones that are not owned by anyone.
Hmm so there won't be any natural barriers here then.
Can we, players just replace natural terrain between clan borders with magma blocks?

Can be Aeres color slightly modified to be pure red, to be consistent with Dagon, Gaia, and Prrimus ?

Last edited:

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Can we, players just replace natural terrain between clan borders with magma blocks?

Can be Aeres color slightly modified to be pure red, to be consistent with Dagon, Gaia, and Prrimus ?
It's minecraft, build whatever.

No.

Will there be cool airships where you buy a ticket to use them to travel long distances like on primordia?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.