Arcius's Tekkit Challenge: Workers' Union Sign Up

Arcius

Reaction score
Hello Blocktopia! Arcius here, Lava Vetop. We recently had a bit of extended downtime on lava, so while we were waiting for things to get fixed, I was planning a little something to entertain the staff members. But the staff can't do this alone... so I present to you...

*fanfare*
Arcius's Tekkit Challenge

Yes, Tekkit. Now you'll have your chance to build a factory to do... I dunno, something interesting. That's up to you... Assuming you're a CEO. I've decided that any staff members will be able to enter as a CEO... However, there's only a limited number of companies, or this will probably never end (Although, it would make an entertaining official server).

However, this topic isn't about the CEOs. That's elsewhere. This section is about the people the work UNDER the CEOs. The workers. Yes. I'm starting up a Worker's Union for this challenge, allowing you, the nonstaff community (or staff members who don't want to be CEOs) a chance to help out and be a part of something fun!

Here's some information about the challenge:

• There will be 3-4 companies, depending on how many players my computer can handle.
    • Each company shall have one CEO and 2-3 slaves workers that are picked by the CEO. This number may change depending on a few factors.
    • The eligible workers list shall be composed after the CEOs are selected.
  • Each company must have a unique name and product.
    • I don't want to see a run of the mill diamond factory. Do something out of the norm.
    • What you (the CEO) do to achieve these products is completely up to you (the CEO), assuming it doesn't crash the server (namely, no nukes, please... I already had a hilarious bad experience with my IRL friend, Deadsong, with Tekkit).
  • Workers may be fired and hired at will, but you can not exceed the limit.
So, let's get to the rules! (Which may change at any given time)

1. No high power explosives.
  2. No invading other companies' land or attacking their employees.
  3. Do not destroy other companies' work. (Unless said work is stealing from your company)
  4. Do not steal from other companies.
  5. Even number rules are only broken if you get caught. Odd numbers are to always be respected.
So... How do you win? Easy. After this is all said and done and every company has finished their goal, each team must take pictures of their factory and give a written explanation of how everything works. These reports will be posted on a public topic where the player base will vote on their favorites.

High ranking staff members (Controller+ of any server, given that they are not competing in any way.) may visit the server at any time and request a tour of your factory. They are allowed to give reviews in the voting topic to help the users pick. Each of them will be allowed to score the factories on a scale of 1-10 (whole numbers only, please). So this means to be on your gaurd and be prepared to be the shining example of your company!

So, you guys interested? I thought so! Let's get to the important part of this topic. Becoming part of the workforce!

First of all, anyone can sign up. However, you can't pick who you're working for. The CEOs will each take turns picking their team members, one at a time. Thus making this a draft.

Second, you don't need any experience with Tekkit to participate. However, having some experience will help.

Third, not everyone will be picked. Just the nature of the beast. That doesn't mean don't sign up!

Fourth, you will need to have Tekkit downloaded (obviously).

So! With all of that out of the way... you can sign up by leaving a reply using the following form:

In Game Name:
Occupation: (Industrial Expert, Master Builder, Railroad Worker, Mage, or Tekkit Noob.)
Special Skills:

I, [Your Name Here], agree to work for whatever company chooses me and give it my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.
Notes: Occupations show what knowledge you have in Tekkit, if any. Choose which one best serves you. (Tekkit Noob is for those with little to no Tekkit knowledge. This doesn't mean you won't be picked.)

With that said and done, there will be updates on this topic about the starting date and what companies are drafting.

Now, I'm sure of you are probably wondering, what companies are there? Well, here's a small list of the four companies!

Swag Inc.
#YOLOco.
Swag & Co.
Arc Co.

Deadline:
August 18th, 2012 (SATURDAY) @11:59 PM EDT (-4 GMT)

Need to download Tekkit? Check here: http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/
Download the Technic Launcher and run Tekkit from the drop-down menu. No need to mod your Minecraft files!

Omar_Sales

Squid
Reaction score
Website
ask.fm
In Game Name:Omar_Sales
Special Skills: I'm a good teamworker, although my main focus is industrial, I can help in the other areas if needed. I'm a good miner and like to get everything automated. Also the power of friendship ;)

I, Omar, agree to work for whatever company chooses me and give it my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

MetalGearSolis

That kid with the avatar
Reaction score
In Game Name: Zack27999 (moonstar2 got hacked, bought premium on zack)
Special Skills: Willing to mine for along time as long as I a have health insurance :)

I, Zack27999, agree to work for whatever company chooses me and give it my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

lolboatz

Reaction score
In Game Name: lolboatz
Occupation: (Industrial Expert, Master Builder, Railroad Worker, Mage, or Tekkit Noob.) Tekkit Noob
Special Skills: Surviving lava

I, lolboatz, agree to work for whatever company that doesen't choose me and give it my least all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
In Game Name: raxo2222
Special Skills: I'm good at converting you everything into EMC XD

I, raxo2222, agree to work for whatever company chooses me and give it my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

I'm at GMT+2, so I think all of you will be sleeping, when I'm online on server XD

• Winner
Reactions: Duffie

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
In Game Name: Prizyms
Occupation: (Industrial Expert, Master Builder, Railroad Worker, Mage, or Tekkit Noob.) Tekkit Noob
Special Skills: I like blowing things up.

I, Prizyms, agree to work for whatever company chooses me and give it my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
In Game Name: JOLTEON42
Special Skills: Not really a Expert but I'm average at Industrial Craft and Buildcraft.

I, Jolteon42, agree to work for whatever company chooses me and give it my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

• Haha
Reactions: balloon98

Sploorky

Reaction score
In Game Name: Sploorky
Special Skills: I'm good at following orders. I also have a lot of free time.

I, Sploorky, agree to work for whatever company chooses me and give it my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
In Game Name: Shinyshark
Special Skills: Turtle mining and gathering resources.

I, Shinyshark, agree to work for whatever company chooses me and give it my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I GUESS I could fill this out.

In Game Name: OHGERCI
Special Skills: Banning

I, Ogarci, agree to work for trngl and give her my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

In Game Name: Ogarci
Special Skills: Obtaining vast quantities of EMC, releasing destruction upon the competition, creating beautiful factories, and finding the most efficient and automated ways to do things.

I, Ogarci, agree to work for whatever company chooses me and give it my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
In Game Name: Dragosh98
Special Skills: I'm good at duping items.

I, dragosh98, agree to work for whatever company chooses me and give it my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

dirtcake

(Former) Rituals of Fire Developer
Reaction score
In Game Name: dirtcake
Special Skills: Not blowing up nuclear reactors

I, dirtcake, agree to work for whatever company chooses me and give it my all to follow the rules of both the company and challenge.

Arcius

Reaction score
Brick, it's not time to choose yet. More people need to enter. And it's a DRAFT. Meaning we take TURNS picking one worker at a time. I'll announce when the draft begins.