A Town Called Paradise -- Day 7 - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
(So sorry for the delay, it's been a very busy week for me)​

--

Final votecount of Day 6

[BCOLOR=#00ff00]Timdood3 - Samlen, Mulbery, Digitalmez, Ooglie101 (4/5)[/BCOLOR]
hipman500 - Timdood3 (1/5)
Digitalmez - Oak63 (1/5)

---

After an apparent Alien reveals themselves to the town of Paradise, the folk quickly turn on a person they deem most likely to be against them. They haul them up to the rope, tie it tight around their neck and watch them swing and struggle and gasp and pull and, eventually, die.

Timdood3, Marie Dobotteux the Mafia Voodoo Master has been lynched.

Every other night may visit two people to 'Voodoo'. If any of the people they choose has a targeting ability that they use on the night that the Voodoo Master Voodoo's them, it is directed at the other person chosen by the Voodoo Master. Victims are not notified that their actions were tampered with.

It is now Night 7.

(Waning Gibbous, 56%)

Deadline: Saturday 18th March, 20:45pm GMT (Just under three days' time)

Reactions: digi

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 4601

Eh, if one loses though, what's the point of still being in game? :confused:

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
hmm OKAY

i agree with digi that oak should say what actions he used each night
AND i also want mulbery to do one of those too (since i just reread entire thread and i couldn't see one)

i have collected 5 word pages of quotes AND I'LL SHARE MY THOUGHTS AFTER THE ABOVE IS DONE!!

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Apparently I was wrong in the assumption that the item that digi took was my crystal ball. My role is unaffected by whatever digi took. I can confirm that mulbery is indeed a town-sided visitor (was suspicious \o/). Currently believe either digi or oak are keeping the game from ending since I'm more or less sure the others are town-sided.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
His roleclaim is quite believable. The taking watch part is pretty similar to the suspicious samurai I had in my game. On the other hand, he could very well have lied and could be the last anti-town we need to kill. On the offchance I don't get a chance to respond again before day end, I'd like no visitors tonight.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
His roleclaim is quite believable. The taking watch part is pretty similar to the suspicious samurai I had in my game. On the other hand, he could very well have lied and could be the last anti-town we need to kill. On the offchance I don't get a chance to respond again before day end, I'd like no visitors tonight.
Either we have another mafia member or I'm suppose to find all the objects or you lynch oak or myself. Which, honestly doesn't make sense about third party roles.

Anyway, if your role is not affected by my taking your item, then did you use your ability at all Samlen

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Either we have another mafia member or I'm suppose to find all the objects or you lynch oak or myself. Which, honestly doesn't make sense about third party roles.

Anyway, if your role is not affected by my taking your item, then did you use your ability at all Samlen
Apparently I was wrong in the assumption that the item that digi took was my crystal ball. My role is unaffected by whatever digi took. I can confirm that mulbery is indeed a town-sided visitor (was suspicious \o/). Currently believe either digi or oak are keeping the game from ending since I'm more or less sure the others are town-sided.
I checked Mulbery last night and confirmed that he is town.
Oak is definitely the most suspicious person so I'm not going to prolong the inevitable.
Vote Oak

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Final Votecount of Day 7

[BCOLOR=#00ff00]Oak63 - Digitalmez, Samlen, hipman500, Mulbery (4/4)[/BCOLOR]

---

The sun was setting. The sky, darkening. The townsfolk - or, those who were left alive - gathered around the podium where so many had been hung. Now it was Oak63's turn. The rope was tightened around his neck. The box he stood on removed. The town held their breath. Oak63 swung, silently, and peacefully. His face reddened. A smile grew over his face, and his eyes became still.

Oak63, Benjimin Schlover The Artist has been lynched.

Draws a painting at night which is posted in the thread the following morning. Every other night may draw target dying - that target will be killed during the night. Once a game may leave town and visit the Art Museum, being unable to be targeted for that night. Wins if among the final two players alive.

All threats to Town have been eliminated.

The Town of Paradise lives on in peace, with no deaths forevermore, the moon no longer shrouded in a faint, ominous glow, and the remaining living residents left to pick up the pieces, and mourn their dead.

Game over
[BCOLOR=#00ff00]Town Wins.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ff0000]Alien Loses.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ff0000]Mafia Loses.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ff0000]Artist Loses.[/BCOLOR]

---

I hope you all enjoyed the game, congratulations Town for winning!

Table of actions:

If any of you want to join any of the role PM's to see what people did and stuff, let me know and if the person who's PM it is is okay with it I'll add you to it.

Awards Ceremony

The 'Creativity Snuffed' Award and the 'Almost Psychic' Award
Oak63 (had a creative plan that was ruined by poison twice in a row, and managed to predict 2 Mafia and 1 Third Party correctly in a chat with Mulbery on Night 2)

The 'Accidental Hero' Award
Digitalmez (unintentionally saved three people's lives whilst carrying out duties)

The 'Was I In This Game?' Award
Vatumok (killed first, never got to carry out any abilities)

The 'Joker' Award
webpaige (joked around so much that when they were seriously controlled to speak, people thought they were just joking again. Also 10/10 PM banter)

The 'Better Late Than Never' Award
Mulbery (arrived late in the game but stayed alive until the end)

The 'Forever Thirsty' Award
Nottykitten (each target was abducted and so was unable to drink at all throughout the game)

The 'Panic Button' Award
Enderfive (basically caused chaos and panic through using ability)

The 'Wasted Potential' Award
CaffeinatedKitty (didn't manage to use any of their individual abilities, bite was wasted on a Mafia buddy (Ltin) and powerful bite kill wasn't used on any powerful roles and target was abducted anyway)

The 'Paper Waster' Award
Dessern5 (took several drafts to manage to make their letter under the word limit so that I could finally accept it, and then wasn't able to send it anyway because abducted)

The 'Sorry I'm Late' Award
Ltin (waited until last second to use ability basically every night, and didn't manage to send in an action on the final night they were alive)

The 'Never Lucky' Award
Timdood3 (none of their actions had any positive effect and died after a roleclaim that people didn't buy into)

The 'Untouchable Angel' Award
Faliara (was a very powerful healing role that outed very early on and somehow managed to never be harmed)

The 'Helping Hand' Award
hipman500 (wasn't a hugely active participant but provided information which pushed the lynching of a Mafia member and the Artist)

The 'Literally Psychic' Award
Samlen (somehow managed to snuff out all four members of the Mafia, visiting them consecutively and getting them all killed one by one like a pro)

The 'Unfortunate Conspiracy Theorist' Award
Ooglie101 (made a huge theory about the game and spent a lot of time finding evidence and making connections...and never managed to present his findings and they were incorrect anyway)​

Last edited:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
There were a lot of hidden mechanics and shenanigans and a big secret Easter Egg in this game, so here's a run-down on the entire setup.

Third Party
Artist

Your art is beautiful. Your art is more beautiful than anything in the world. You live for it. You breathe it. You die for it. You have very carefully constructed every detail in your life to be dedicated to the praising of art. Every morning you wake up and listen to the finest classical music and aural art in the world - Mozart. You drink from pallets of paint - in fact, you drink paint. It is very underrated. You shower in paint. And then you shower in water to wash off the paint because the paint goes on the canvass, and you are not a canvass, you are the slave to the canvass. You owe your life to the canvass. You visit the Art Museum once every month and walk slowly, very slowly through each room and each corridor, gorging in the beauties framed on the walls, cleansing your soul of corruption and lifting your spirits towards the chance that someday your art may be here, bolted into those royal walls for all to see, forever, and ever, and ever. Your room at home is art's garden; paintbrushes in paint cans like sunflowers in flowerpots; blank canvasses thrown over the windows to shield them from too much heat, to shield them from too much sunlight; walls decorated with the finest patterned work you can be held responsible for; dried up blood clinging to the carpet hairs. There is no room for a bed here; only a fridge and a desk - food for fuel and a desk to work away at, to perform, to create, to perfect your little beauties, your little gems of art that you hold so dearly to your heart. You work and work and work and work and nobody understands, and nobody ever understands, and nobody will ever understand unless you show them. Your parents didn't understand. And you showed them. Your enemies didn't understand. And you showed them too. And now this town just doesn't under-fucking-stand, and you'll show them too. Oh, you'll show them alright. You'll enlighten them. You'll save them all. You're a hero.

Name: Benjimin Schlover
Role: The Artist
Allegiance: Third Party
Draws or paints an image at night that will be posted in the thread the following morning
Every other night may draw or paint someone being murdered
Target will die that night, again with the image posted in the thread in the morning
Images may include words
Visits their victims
Once a game may leave town to visit the Art Museum, where cannot be targeted or paint/draw for that night
Wins if is among the final two people alive

Alien

Hailing from the Stentri Province in the Altura System, your people have returned to this planet from which their ancestors were previously banished to re-locate several pieces of technology they left behind. What exactly these pieces of technology are is unknown, but you have pinpointed the shared location of three of these ancient artifacts to a small area on the planet's surface, and have three leads to go on: One artifact is what the lifeforms in your area would refer to as a "doll" of some form, another is thought to be possessed by a 'Miss Christina Everlast', presumably the tagname given to one of the lifeforms nearby, and another is spherical in figure. After communication with your General you have been ordered to further advance onto the surface in order to find the exact location of each object. Using a perception filter to alter your appearance you have been living in the area for several weeks and have reason to believe that all three artifacts are within this same area of residency - this same 'town'. You have decided that abducting one resident per nightfall and scanning their entities should prove an efficient approach, and while your target is in Sleep Stasis inside your ship, chipping their brains for future reference of their location and other entertaining benefits wouldn't be a bad idea. Unfortunately for you, however, this 'town' seems to be under threat; a battlefield on the verge of absolute underground warfare of a political nature, it seems. But your mission continues, and should you locate all three pieces of your people's lost technology and survive this threat that prevails over your immediate location, you will consider your mission a success and await further orders from your General.

Name: K'latchu Der'vra Sa'au'ra
Role: The Alien
Allegiance: Third Party
Is in search for Alien Technology (clues: A doll, "Christina Everlast", and a spherical artifact)
Abducts someone each night and scans them and their empty house for alien technology
That person is roleblocked and saved
Abduction does not count as a visit
3 roles have alien technology
If they die, their killer/last person to lynch them (and still voting them) takes it instead
Can, once a day, choose an abduction victim and force them to say "Praise my Lord" during the day.
Wins the game if successfully locates all 3 pieces of alien technology and survives until the end of the game
Once a victim has been abducted, the following night they become part of the ET Abduction Victim Club (PM Chat)
If the alien is lynched, anyone in this chat turns into an ET Preservation Cult member, retaining their abilities
Cult cannot recruit
The Alien is revealed to someone if that someone says the words "The stars above, shine on a demon and let me see his true form" (or similar translation) on the morning after the full moon (Day 4).
If town, that person will be given the option to reveal The Alien to all.
If mafia, that person will be given the option to convert The Alien to their cause, turning them into the Mafia Alien.
If Artist, they will be given the option to convert The Alien to their cause, sharing a PM chat with them at night and turning them into the Artsy Alien.
If someone says "The stars above, shine on a demon and let me see his true form" when the Alien is dead, the cult are revealed to all.
If there is no cult, the person who spoke the words is notified that "All threats from the stars are gone" and they are given the option to become The Alien themselves.

Mafia

Mafia Poisoner

Your father in prison and your mother brutally murdered in a gang war, you're no stranger to the dark depths of the underground crime system, and combining your expertise in biology and history as a Head Chef down in Caple City, you have devised a poisonous concoction that may aid your cause, if only to be an inconvenience for those eager to stop you. You could have made something much more extreme of course, had you the time and the money - you're no amateur when it comes to deadly poison, as many dining guests who decided your service was of an unsatisfactory level later discovered. But circumstance was against you, and so for now, this will have to do; and besides, this is all you anticipate requiring.

Name: Suzanna Schnalder
Role: Mafia Poisoner
Allegiance: Mafia
Each night may visit someone, poisoning them
That person will know they were poisoned the next morning but not told what it means
They will be roleblocked the next night
Wins if Mafia have equal or more presence in the game

Mafia Hound

Taken in the night from your home in Scotland as a wee boy, you were subject #87 at the Russian Science Base 'Nervu', a lab-rat for their new project on DNA extraction. There you were given the life that you have now. You are a unique blend of man and wolf. Although you may appear, speak and reason like man, you are trained, owned and fed like dog, and wild, savage and unkind like wolf. The sky sings to you at night. Your teeth bleed. It will be a full moon soon.

Name: Thomas Graymeer
Role: Mafia Hound
Once per game may summon the wolves in the wild to assist the Mafia with their kill that night, ensuring the kill goes through despite potential roleblock
On the night of a full moon, turns into a Wolf unwillingly, does not participate in the mafia chat or any other chats that night and carries out the mafia kill which cannot be stopped by potential protection
If lynched, transforms into a Wolf, biting the hand of the last person who lynched them (and still votes them) before dying
Everyone will know that the victim has been Bitten but will not be told what this means
Whoever is bitten will unknowingly become a Wolf that night, carring out the mafia's kill for them which cannot be stopped by potential protection and being unable to use any usual night abilities
Bite victim will appear as "Evil" if investigated, for the rest of the game
On a full moon, the bite victim will turn into a Wolf, unable to participate in any chats that night, unable to carry out their ability that night and carries out the mafia's kill which goes through despite potential protection

Mafia Voodoo Master

Your family originates in the Caribbean town of Manshlore where your great grandmother was gifted from the wise woman this doll, said to hold the power to bend men's will and weave thoughts through one's mind. Eventually this doll was passed down to you, and you intend to use it well. You sit with it at night time, stroking its hair, bending its arms, pushing a pin through its sweet little heart and reading the symbols that are stitched into its skin: في الصباح بعد|تألق على شيطان|. You will use this little toy for great things, and great things you believe you are destined for.

Name: Marie Dobotteux
Role: Mafia Voodoo Master
Every other night may visit two people to 'Voodoo'
If any of the people they choose has a targeting ability that they use on the night that the Voodoo Master Voodoo's them, it is directed at the other person chosen by the Voodoo Master
Cannot target self
Victims will not be notified that their actions were tampered with

Mafia Postman

Being a lowly postman means nobody thinks twice about you ever being involved in any underground organized crime groups, which for you happens to be a fantastic plus-side to the job, because you are exactly just that. Slipping a rogue letter through someone's mailbox containing enough gathered information on them, and enough gathered blackmail on them, in order for them to do exactly what you say can easily turn the tides of battle, and has proven to do so in the past. Of course it takes a lot of time and effort for such a ploy, however, and being on the verge of war with these townsfolk means you don't exactly have a lot of time to waste, so you think you'll probably only manage to pull something big off once. But you have an infinite number of envelopes and pieces of paper, so you figure you may as well use your handy position as town mailman to pull some strings, even if just for the entertainment.

Name: Augustus Carlton
Role: Mafia Postman
May visit one person each night and leave them with a letter which they receive the next morning
Once a game may choose to include 'Blackmail' in the letter and include an official threat to the target which they must obey
The threat can either be to vote a certain person the next day, to not use their vote the next day, to avoid voting a certain person the next day or to say a certain sentence the next day (the person cannot then contradict that sentence or go back on it or phrase it as a quotation to go against). A sentence can be no longer than 20 words long
The target cannot reveal or hint that they were threatened or contacted by anyone until the following day

Town

Stalker

Your dark and bloody past, whilst behind you, lends you its skills, and when members of the town start going missing, later to be found in a pool of blood on the street, you decide to pay your respects to your dead friends and do what you were once trained to do. And so, lurking in the shadows, careful, watchful and vengeful, you stalk your prey.

Name: Vincent Shadey
Role: Stalker
Allegiance: Town
Once per night may track someone, seeing who they visit
Wins if all threats to town are eliminated

Fruit Giver

Known throughout the Town as the 'Fruit Giver', you have made a living on giving out your special Fruity treats to the sick, the poor (or the wealthy friends or relatives of the poor) and the injured - not only to lift their spirits with the joy that is nature's ripened gift, but because your Fruits have the magical ability to treat the ill, fight off sickness and give physical strength to the consumer. Responsible for your fortune is a piece of, what you consider to be, advanced technology, passed down to you from your Mother who was known as the out-of-time-medicine-woman back in her younger days. When your Mother was alive, the piece of technology was actually used as an ornament in your house, and it always did intrigue you; the strange shape of it, almost like a weighing scale but with wires and vials attached to the sides; the strange patterns on the metal bars (يكون القمر بدرا|يا النجوم فوق), the strange wave of heat it emitted even when the fireplace beneath it had been cool for weeks. But now it is yours, and you, being as wise as you are, discovered its potential to heal and aid the world. And so, your town in great trouble, you decide to generously hand out your Fruits to the townsfolk, hoping to do your part in these troubled times, to lift the people's spirits, and to protect them from the oncoming storm.

Name: Christina Everlast
Role: Fruit Giver
Once per night may visit two people and are given the option to give them each a piece of Fruit (which they receive the following morning)
If the player eats the Fruit they will be protected that night and will be told they "feel the warmth of protection"

Psychic

From a very young age you knew you were extremely intuitive. You were always seeing people's thoughts, hearing the rhythm of their hearts, the tune to their souls. But you never really considered the idea of being psychic until your Grandmother passed away and left you in her will her Crystal Ball - for your family had, apparently, been one blessed with a unique kind of vision or sixth sense, and at the age of fourteen you were ready to be told this secret of the bloodline. Ever since then you have used your abilities for aiding humanity and making a living - you hold a psychic reading session every week out of town, and use your powers of intuition to gauge untrustworthy people who aren't worth your time. You do not disclose your identity however - as Psychic you are but a masked stranger from a town unnamed, for your parents warned you at that tender age of fourteen of the dangers of being such a powerful weapon for those who would misuse you as such. But now, you contemplate risking your life to reveal your talents, for, as you had foreseen of course, your town is in a terrible danger - a danger that you had publicly and anonymously warned would come, only to be met by silence and ignorance. And now it is here, and people are being slaughtered in the streets, and people are looking at each other with guilt, and people are looking at the sky with clapped hands and wild eyes. You decide it is not too late to try to save a few lives. Each night, no matter how much it drains your energy, you will use the power of your mind, your family's gift, your sixth sense, to read a person's spirit and determine their worth. And should you find you have enough privacy, you may even bring out of hiding your strange and too-powerful-to-risk-being-seen-with Crystal (though not actually crystal) Ball, which always seemed to you to be oddly named, for it resembles a bronze orb or sphere more than a ball of crystal, and it is not through the orb that you see your readings - it is with the orb's presence that allows you to focus and be more precise. You simply sit next to it, find your center, and dive into your subconscious, and then the gold-plated patterns printed on the orb's surface - يقول في اللسان الخاص بك|واسمحوا لي أن نرى صورته الحقيقية| - begin to glow and you can see so clearly into a man's soul it is frightening. Not because souls are frightening, but because you are reminded that you possess something that, should the world know it existed, and worse, was in your possession, would probably result in a fate much worse than death for you. But you suppose if that were to happen anytime soon, you'd have seen it coming.

Name: Ange Seerwitz
Role: Psychic
Once per night chooses a player and learns their allignment
This does not count as a visit
If not visited, finds out the role of that player through using a strange orb to amplify their abilities

Last edited:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Assassin

Your ancestors were part of the Secret Order of Gile, a creed of assassins based in the Gildian temple atop of a mountain in Peru; a cult dedicated to the protection and preservation of the Arabic Artifact Shards used to banish the Demon from Earth thousands of years ago. Whilst much has changed since those times, the Secret Order still remains alive, albeit much less organized and, having lost the Artifact Shards hundreds of years ago, without any clear goal. Members of the modern Order - like you - still take the same oaths as your ancestors took so long ago, vowing to only take the life of another upon explicit request, but unlike your predecessors, you are without direction; nothing more than a widespread group of naturally gifted fighters, making a living as hitmen for hire, often ending up in jail or worse, for the new world is much quicker at snapping its jaws to protect the law and its people. You were one of the wise ones, however, who decided to retire while you still could, and somehow ended up here - Paradise. But after several years of peaceful living, your town has come under threat, and you aren't going to stand idly by and watch your place of retirement fall. And so the blade is unsheathed, the rifle locked and loaded, and the Assassin is ready to strike.

Name: Pierre De Santi
Role: Assassin
If someone explicitly says they want someone "dead" during a day, can kill them at night by quoting the statement

Untrained Policeman

As the only policeman currently in town, a heavy burden weighs down on your shoulders. You are only part way through your training but you are not going to let this town fall – your loyalty overpowers your reason, and so you vow to use the limited legal capabilities that you possess to protect the innocent people of this town even at your own risk. Armed with the strongest weapon you are able to utilize – a human tranquilizer – you stand strong against the evil forces corrupting this once-peaceful area. Even if your only weapon is a sleep-inducing dart gun, you figure you might just get lucky and stop at least one innocent life from being taken in the night, or else stop some other devilish deed take place while the town sleeps. Luckily for you, you recently passed your Stealth Training Assessment, and so should you decide to keep your gun a secret, you are fully capable of shooting your suspects without anybody seeing who pulled the trigger.

Name: Scott Lance
Role: Untrained Policeman
Has a dart gun
May shoot somebody with the dart gun during each day (by messaging host)
Will not reveal who fired the gun nor what the gun does (will reveal to the target that night)
Anyone shot with the dart gun is roleblocked that night and does not participate in any night chats that night
Dart gun can jam (dart is fired through host so may be delayed if host is unavailable)

Gossip

A frail, innocent and retired old woman like yourself has to pass the time somehow, and what better way to do that than to nosy in on your neighbor's secrets? You're doing this town a great service, after all. The people here deserve to know who lives near them and what everyone gets up to, and so you take on the heavy responsibility of doing just that. You're often found prowling the streets, one eye on one group of people, other eye on another, ear on a third, all while pretending to browse through a magazine outside the newsagents; you know this town and the things that go on here like the back of your hand. Only, your memory isn't the best, and you struggle to remember what exactly you find out. It's all there somewhere though. In fact, being a sweet elderly woman like yourself, you are often welcomed warmly into your neighbor's homes for a spot of supper and some company, and so of course, as a thank you, you let a few things slip off your tongue to your kind host, who, just like everyone in this town, deserves to know whatever you told them anyway. Shady things are starting to happen here, you've noticed. It would help if you could bloody remember any of it. But a poor old woman like yourself struggles to keep their memory in tow, and so you often find you had told somebody something that you forgot about yourself only hours later. You are frail, innocent and retired, and you have to pass the time somehow. Wait... that sounds familiar.

Name: Margaret Bernard
Role: Gossip
Chooses one player during each day
Joins a PM chat with that person that night
Whispers in that person's ear some juicy gossip that the Gossip themselves don't remember but the person receives in the morning
Piece of gossip is chosen randomly
Gossip can be: "Player left/didn't leave their house on x night", "Player has a 'dark past'" (Includes all mafia members, The Artist, The Assassin, The Blood Surgeon and The Stalker), "Player had blood on their hands on x day" (meaning they killed someone the previous night), "I was visited by Player X last night (night Y)", "Player X has a strange object" (anyone with alien technology), "Player X was seen with others on X night (ET Inn Chat only)", "Folks at the ET Victim Club have changed" (has a chance to be said if ET victim club becomes cult), "Player X isn't human" (Alien, Blood Surgeon or Mafia Hound), "Fruits are very healthy around here", "Watch the skies" (if Alien is alive), "P.C. Lance is untrained" (if Untrained Policeman exists), "P.C. Lance trained up" (If Trained Policeman exists), "I heard Suzanna's father is in prison", "That Miss Dobotteux gives me the creeps. Bit weird for a grown woman like that to play with dolls...", "I hear Player X have been getting strange mail." (X being a player targeted by the Mafia Postman), "I heard the Surgeon has some dark secrets.", "Praise my Lord" (if has been abducted by the alien)

Bird Watcher

You've lived in this town for years. You used to be a gardener, but after your wife Margaret got dementia and your back packed in, you retired, and now spend the lazy afternoons sat in front of your window with a pair of binoculars, bird watching. You've become a bit of an expert in the little creatures if you do say so yourself. Last month you bought yourself this nice little bird checklist for your Birthday, and you've ticked off every type of bird possible in your area three times. That was when you realized how dull your life had become. However, when people started being found dead in the night and rumors of an underground gang of killers sizing up the town began to be spread, you wished you'd not have asked for any more excitement in your life. But even though you may be old and retired, you'll be damned if that's going to stop you from doing your part and helping to protect your home and family. Unable to physically protect anyone or have enough breath to even walk very far outside of your house, you decide to use what is available to you. A pair of binoculars - for watching and ticking off birds in the day, and for lending a watchful eye to the dark streets at night.

Name: Frank Bernard
Role: Bird Watcher
Chooses someone to watch each night
Will know who visited that person
Cannot choose self
If wife (The Gossip) dies, goes slightly insane and if target is visited, has a 50% chance to see someone else visit them who didn't actually visit them (and will be notified of this chance). Must also tell a joke with every post made or will die (cannot tell anyone the reason why this is)

Blood Surgeon

You're the town's surgeon. After attending medical school and earning your licence, you moved out of your home town and came here - to Paradise - where you decided you would spend a large portion of your life. You enjoy helping people. That's why you chose to be a Surgeon. You are a good person. You are different, that's all. And that's okay. Different is okay. You're just a little bit ahead of your time. You can't tell them what you do. They wouldn't understand. They'd think you were a monster. You're not a monster though; you're a very good, kind-hearted Surgeon who genuinely wants to help people. But you have needs. Everyone has needs. And you're not harming anyone. You could do. You could follow your brothers and sisters and hunt in the forests in France or Germany but you don't - you're here, saving lives. So what if you do things a little bit differently? You have to. They don't understand. When you're so, so, so thirsty. When you feel like you haven't had a drink or even seen a drink in months, like your mouth is sand, like you're dying, you have to do it. You have to. It's like your mouth is sand and they're sat there, the patient, and you can see them. You can see all of them. With their skin. And their veins. And sometimes they want a blood test. Sometimes they need a blood test, even if they don't ask. Sometimes it's just a nice idea to give them a free blood test. You're not doing anything wrong. You sit in the toilets and you give yourself and them the privacy that everybody deserves. You are a good person. And you're going to prove that. You're going to help this town get through whatever crap has hit it. People are dying in the streets, and you're going to help stop it all, because you're a decent person. Even if they never know how much you helped, or in what way, you will always know. You helped. You're a good person. You're just thirsty.

Name: Vladamir Dractilla
Role: Blood Surgeon
Each night may visit someone and take their blood sample
If that person is Town-sided and dies the next morning, the Blood Surgeon takes their role until the morning after
Shows as "evil" if investigated
Becomes poisoned if takes a blood sample of someone poisoned

Wirer

You're a member of the FBI, sent to this town a few months ago after being tipped off about a potential Mafia group having business here. You've kept on the down-low for the most part. Most people think you're an engineer who works out of town. But now things are starting to get heated. People are starting to be found dead. There's definitely something going on here, and it's time for you to find out what. Armed with state of the art technology, the Cognitive Wiring Chip, you plan to sneak into a resident's home each night and clip this microscopic wire into their hair, which then transmits cognitive data to your computers at home for investigative purposes; thoughts, observations, things of that nature. Extremely advanced stuff. It's not fantastic and doesn't record or transmit everything, and it wears out after a couple of hours of the target being awake, but it's the best way in right now. Make too much noise and the killers might catch drift of someone in this town not being as useless as they seem. You have to play this right. And you will. Sat in front of your monitors in the dead middle of the night, you will listen to them sleep. Or not.

Name: Joseph Buzzini
Role: Wirer
Visits one person each night
'Wires' that person
The next morning receives "private system messages" given to that person that night

Last edited: