A new server: "Infection"

Lupus_Stevens

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I think it's kinda weird that enough support has amassed to make this feasible. Is this really going to be all that different to AoD? I always figured AoD was zombie survival plus premium features...
ZS Is not a PvP server, the humans have no way to strike back. Its hide and seek, or running. AoD on the other is focused around PvP, more than hiding and running. Eventually, you can still enjoy ZS with no interest in "normal" minecraft PvP, but if you dislike PvP, AoD just isn't something for you.
OH MY GOD I HAVE LEARNED TO HATE THIS QUESTION SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA
THE ONLY THING THAT ZOMBIE SURVIVAL AND AoD HAVE IN COMMON IS THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE THEME

AoD HAS PVP, PZS HAS DIRECT TOUCH-TAGGING
AoD'S TAG HAS A MASSIVE HITRANGE, SO DON'T EVEN TRY BRINGING THAT UP

AoD HAS ALL KIND OF CRAP, LIKE POTIONS AND PEARLS AND ENCHANTS
MOST OF THAT STUFF WON'T AFFECT PZS GAMEPLAY

MAYBE PEARLS WILL
SHUT UP

AoD ALSO REQUIRES A MUCH BIGGER MAP SIZE BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS SWORDS AND BOWS AND CRATES OF EXPLOSIVES COMING OUT OF THEIR EARS

PZS IS WALKING UP TO SOMEONE AND GOING 'boop'
edit: oh look spoiler borped
also have a nice day
I am aware of the difference between the two, so Jivvi, that whole thing was really rather unnecessary. No need to assume I don't see the difference, I simply don't think the difference is large enough, especially with the tag mode in mind, to justify a whole new server. I don't think it will last very long.

paceboys

Reaction score
I am aware of the difference between the two, so Jivvi, that whole thing was really rather unnecessary. No need to assume I don't see the difference, I simply don't think the difference is large enough, especially with the tag mode in mind, to justify a whole new server. I don't think it will last very long.
This server will last a very long time IF it is a near perfect replica to classic zombie survival. The TAG mode on AoD is far too different (you dont actually run into the players hitbox to infect them), and the parkour/hiding/running aspects of the server are different entirely. assuming there's no sprinting/sneaking and blockbreaking is near the same as classic, as well as default lighting or some other way to light the maps :s

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
If you find tag mode the same as the Classic Zombie Survival, I don't think you understand the difference. Because hitting people to kill them and touching to kill them is the big difference.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I think it's kinda weird that enough support has amassed to make this feasible. Is this really going to be all that different to AoD? I always figured AoD was zombie survival plus premium features...
There's a whole thread dedicated to this kindof talk by hockeymatt (or hockeyfan??? no clue they havfe the same name and avatar p. much)
buuuuuuut, if somehow this isn't an april fools joke and I fooled myself into not believing it - the server will sink or swim on its own and we'll have to see which

Lupus_Stevens

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Guys, this is a pointless debate. We'll see how well it'll do after it launches.
Wasn't starting a debate :/ Just getting hounded for the sake of my opinion...

[BCOLOR=rgb(255, 244, 229)]If you find tag mode the same as the Classic Zombie Survival, I don't think you understand the difference. Because hitting people to kill them and touching to kill them [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=rgb(255, 244, 229)]is[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=rgb(255, 244, 229)] the big difference.[/BCOLOR]

Why does everyone feel the need to assume I'm stupid just because I disagree with you? I *know* that is the difference, I just don't think that those two things are necessarily a huge enough difference in gameplay to justify a whole new server.

These are only my [hl]uninformed personal[/hl] opinions on the decision to create this server, that are just as worthy as your [hl]uninformed personal[/hl] opinions on a server that hasn't even launched yet, so there is no need for like 6 or 7 people to quote my post and all start arguing that I simply "don't understand". It's a little rude to say the least.

legend1002

Reaction score
Hey there fellow blocktopians, i was just wondering if i could make a spawn for the Infected lobby and if its good enough will it be accepted?

L

Later_Gator

Wasn't starting a debate :/ Just getting hounded for the sake of my opinion...

Why does everyone feel the need to assume I'm stupid just because I disagree with you? I *know* that is the difference, I just don't think that those two things are necessarily a huge enough difference in gameplay to justify a whole new server.

These are only my [hl]uninformed personal[/hl] opinions on the decision to create this server, that are just as worthy as your [hl]uninformed personal[/hl] opinions on a server that hasn't even launched yet, so there is no need for like 6 or 7 people to quote my post and all start arguing that I simply "don't understand". It's a little rude to say the least.
I never said you were. Anyway, I dislike how people swarmed on your opinions by either rating them or replying to them to reflect their disagreements. You're unequivocally entitled to your opinions, and I respect the fact that you shared them with all these devout zombie survival players present.

Reactions: Lupus_Stevens