A new server: "Infection"

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
It started off with the two of us in a silly irc channel named “#secretchat” back in June 2013.

[02:32] <@Mikey> And Ultimate
[02:32] <@Mikey> Here is a big idea.
[02:32] <@Mikey> Premium Zombie Survival
[02:32] <@UltimateBudgie> should
[02:32] <@UltimateBudgie> I
[02:32] <@UltimateBudgie> Actually

It was an interesting concept, we thought. And soon enough, on June 30, 2013, Project “Infected” was officially started.

Unfortunately, the server did not get accepted due to a variety of complicating reasons we had then.
We accepted the fact until Hockeyfan1852 pushed for it to be finished, he found WinX64 to start his new development.

Nearly a year later in March 2014, Winx was playing on RoF when he saw Willchill talking about the good old days of classic zombie. He had an idea: re-open the Classic server and get some players to play some rounds just for the sake of nostalgia, it attracted several players, even myself. He told us about his creations of the server. I immediately wanted to see what he did and to my surprise, the concept of Zombie Survival on Premium was nearly completed.

And for the second time, we tried to get accepted through Administration, this time WinX64 and I. However, unlike the first try, it was accepted.

So today, I present to you the latest installment to the Blocktopia server lineup:

Infection.

The only one of Blocktopia’s classic server not see premium is finally here! No, this not just a knockoff of what the Classic Zombie Survival was, but a utilization of the immense features of Premium, with many new functions such as an implemented store and achievement system. Instead of talking about it here, I will let see for yourself! Infection will open sometime soon this month in open beta! Four years after the classic zombie survival release in April 2010.

Which brings me to the next subject of talk, during this period we will look and consider feedback regarding to the servers features and the store. Our lovely developer and new Director WinX64 will continue his work on the server as he has worked relentlessly on for the past months. And if you have yet to notice whom the Controller will be, you will find out soon! (me) Serving as the staff, we have handpicked some staff including JtTorso and Davidjl123 as VetOps and Jowe, Damer_Flinn, and DarkHender as Operators. However, we will need more staff for the beta and future. With that being said, Operator applications will open tomorrow, April 2nd.

I hope to see you all on the field running from zombies and nomming some brains!

Catch you all on the flipside!

~ Mikey

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I'm 99% sure it's real.
I'm kind of dissapointed, but I still hope it does well. Seems they fixed the numerous issues the previous iterations had at least!

I take it back it's the same thing.

Best of luck

*back to shrek*

Last edited:
Reactions: 755someone755

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
if this is a joke it is a cruel one. I can confirm that hockeyfan did have a premium zombie server that desperately needed a developer and was pushing to make premium zombies a reality. (I don't know what happened to the server after that)

• Agree
Reactions: 123