Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
your condition seems too easy. its existence is basically pointless... and oog makes a good point that the amount of money youll get also seems too high, though that'll depend on other peoples roles.
See I feel like there must be SOME roles that have decent to high coins early on tho due to my role getting a 20% cut. If people were winning with 3 coin bids my role would make no sense...

That being said alisha's role feels so rushed and unprepared which coincides too well with the fact alisha was also rushed and unprepared....

So I don't buy it.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If I had to guess, Alisha's role is legit, but its a 3p role not mafia. Reason being that giving a role able to gain coins that quickly would give mafia serious advantage over town at the daily auctions. That said, I don't see that role being town-aligned either.

I do have some theories about the black market though, even if I'm unable to access it. Nottykitten do you know anything about this spoopy black market other than the fact that you can buy things from it?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
If I had to guess, Alisha's role is legit, but its a 3p role not mafia. Reason being that giving a role able to gain coins that quickly would give mafia serious advantage over town at the daily auctions. That said, I don't see that role being town-aligned either.

I do have some theories about the black market though, even if I'm unable to access it. Nottykitten do you know anything about this spoopy black market other than the fact that you can buy things from it?
I know its an auction for items that I only know about and can participate in because of my role,

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
your condition seems too easy. its existence is basically pointless... and oog makes a good point that the amount of money youll get also seems too high, though that'll depend on other peoples roles.
the condition is pointless because i act like this anyway

and sure based on an incomplete massclaim we don’t know the latter but i have faith!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
it makes zero sense for scum to have a better ability to consistently outbid town

scum don’t need the typical abilities offered like whatever cop thing inf offered, they need to misdirect and react to the items we get. Scum controlling the auctions completely would make town coins useless.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score

and sure based on an incomplete massclaim we don’t know the latter but i have faith!
I mean, with 10 coins you can buy literally 2-3 items and win each auction considering the most we know about is me & Aqua having 3 coins. Also most people have 0 coins right now which makes your number more suspicious.

Do we have income and gain money at the end of each day? (except me(&aqua?) since my role specifically mentions nothing day 0)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I'm the Profiteer. I win an auctioned item I get 1 coin back. Also I have access to the spooky black market which is another auction thing (I assume at night). I won't gain coins day 0 and so I start the game with 3 coins.

I mostly bothered Inf with the average question since I assumed people would have 50-100 coins since auction themed but instead I have 3 and more or less get told I have more than most people so I wanted to bait you into claiming you had a lot of coins when I know town doesn't. When Stranger claimed I just guessed most had 0 instead of a few.
ok i was getting ptsd so i went back to comedy club and notty's fakeclaim was purifier which sounds an awful lot like profiteer to me so maybe their subconscious has decided that their fakeclaims will sound alike!!!!!!!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I was aware you had it prepared, but the sudden "Suck it I'm not gonna claim after all" was weird at best.
i had just learned i might snag inf’s police scanner if he’s telling the truth and become a cop

like a reasonable person i decided i wanted to take one last chance to get out of claiming to have an easy route to being a cop (plus cops aren’t popular these days!)

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I mean, with 10 coins you can buy literally 2-3 items and win each auction considering the most we know about is me & Aqua having 3 coins. Also most people have 0 coins right now which makes your number more suspicious.

Do we have income and gain money at the end of each day? (except me(&aqua?) since my role specifically mentions nothing day 0)
aqua counts! plus my role gets worse the longer the game goes on don’t forget that

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
how the fuck is that rushed and unprepared

the exact second after notty told me not to back out i had it ready, and i was ready on time too
you delayed though... why?

yeah true, but thats another thing, it fits you like a glove, its too convenient. its not impossible but its very convenient.

it makes zero sense for scum to have a better ability to consistently outbid town

scum don’t need the typical abilities offered like whatever cop thing inf offered, they need to misdirect and react to the items we get. Scum controlling the auctions completely would make town coins useless.
nobody said your ability is legit and that you didnt lie, though...

i had just learned i might snag inf’s police scanner if he’s telling the truth and become a cop

like a reasonable person i decided i wanted to take one last chance to get out of claiming to have an easy route to being a cop (plus cops aren’t popular these days!)
how would that be an easy route to being a cop, what did claiming have anything to do with that...?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
which is also why your role name makes no sense... youll never ever make a profit from your role...
You're not wrong. The biggest confusion is that unless I gain money another way I'm supposed to win items by only bidding 1 coin? I thought maybe wed get like a list of 10 items and I could go for the less popular ones but it sounds like players will be providing items so now I expect like 3-4 items

Status
Not open for further replies.