[GAME OVER - TOWN WIN] The Comedy Club

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also to add about sessy i think its weird if they have 0 information given to them about their role by day 2 and unlike notty was given 0 indication of what to do to gain the information about their role

but that would mean its a fake claim (well probably) and i dont think they would have jumped out with the fake claim of having no role name (or abilities but that was the norm) day 0

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also idk if i forgot to say it earlier today but i agree with notty that ltin keeping the 'Explitive pronoun.' thing (i very much so assume its fuck you but i guess cant be certain!!) was suspicious but i guess i can also see why they didnt feel the need to mention it before the circumstances of lynching = going to the alien audience judge comedy panel was revealed but i do find it pretty very suspicious

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
We werent rlly doing a massclaim so i dont see the issue with me not having claimed so far, but i guess the time is ripe then. Didnt have to be so rude to vote me for my claim and you didnt have to force me either. I have known my role since the start of the game and for me having devided players over rooms was crucial. I figured out first night getting to use my ability was gonna be tougher than i imagined.

Im the Psychic

I dont need items to use my ability, but i do need to be either alone or together with 1 person in a room.

If im alone i can see the role of a player i chose. If im together with 1 person i can see the role of that player. After that early flavour i rlly didnt want to go in a room alone (and now i have claimed even less). I was hoping to get a duo by pushing to division the rooms, sadly more rooms turned out to go dark at night and i havent been able to use it since.

Plus side to claiming is that you know the importance of me being together with only 1 person in a room and we can work with that (well if you trust me). Best way to use this ability is to pick two rooms together with a person we want to check, and then hope one of them is going to not be dark. Nobody else should go into the room the person and I go to then.

If anyobody has something still hidden about their role or not claimed fully and we pull of me being in a room with them and nobody else i can prove myself. If you dont trust me you can set me in a room alone. Ill be able to check whoever we want, but ill likely die.

For where i want to go, i dont really have a pref, only that the more batteries we get the better since i have that blueprint.

I gotta go for a bit (max 1hour prob) , but thread seems to poppin so ill try to be back soon if anyone wanna chat.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
tbh i believe it
i dont really have anything else to say other than making sure that everyone reads that claim so when rooms randomly go dark tonight (what even is the deal with that) we dont mess it up
do you know if its just role or does alignment show up too (like nottys role could be town/3p/mafia if they are truthful about everything they said so psychicing it would be mostly useless (especially since the ability is proven))

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i dont think hip has to be tied up in this theory but ive also considered the possibility of paige and alisha faking the 2nd mafia note

i just generally have full faith in hip from being the first comedian claim
okay but from my point of view who would I give the second note, given that alisha had claimed detective to me earlier

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
We werent rlly doing a massclaim so i dont see the issue with me not having claimed so far, but i guess the time is ripe then. Didnt have to be so rude to vote me for my claim and you didnt have to force me either.
It's not an issue per se, but lacking a claim does make it easier to suspect you, yeah? I don't think it's rude to vote someone for a claim (I doubt many others do either tbh). It's better to vote to get a claim out of someone who's unconfirmed than to let a potential mafia get off scott-free.

As for the claim itself: It makes a fair bit of sense. But I'm noticing a pattern in roles in this game where their alignment could go either way. Being able to be alone in a room (if it's in his role description I assume he can survive) in my mind points to having a "grim soul" and thus being able to survive the darkness, which I believe we've been told that the only way to have said grim soul is by giving into the darkness?

Page 7, the one I read night 1, said that the darkness reveals secrets to those with the key. I feel like this is probably pointing to HK's claim being mafia-aligned.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
It's not an issue per se, but lacking a claim does make it easier to suspect you, yeah? I don't think it's rude to vote someone for a claim (I doubt many others do either tbh). It's better to vote to get a claim out of someone who's unconfirmed than to let a potential mafia get off scott-free.

As for the claim itself: It makes a fair bit of sense. But I'm noticing a pattern in roles in this game where their alignment could go either way. Being able to be alone in a room (if it's in his role description I assume he can survive) in my mind points to having a "grim soul" and thus being able to survive the darkness, which I believe we've been told that the only way to have said grim soul is by giving into the darkness?

Page 7, the one I read night 1, said that the darkness reveals secrets to those with the key. I feel like this is probably pointing to HK's claim being mafia-aligned.
hence why i think scum could be in the comedian pool!

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
hence why i think scum could be in the comedian pool!
I don't think so, it seems that town abilities (I don't mean specifically role abilities, but blueprints as well, as they are essentially consumable abilities) have a heavy reliance on items.
From a balance perspective, I think giving a mafia member the comedian ability and allowing them to contribute to blueprints makes them too good at acting town. I just think it'd be an unfair thing to put into the game.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I don't think so, it seems that town abilities (I don't mean specifically role abilities, but blueprints as well, as they are essentially consumable abilities) have a heavy reliance on items.
From a balance perspective, I think giving a mafia member the comedian ability and allowing them to contribute to blueprints makes them too good at acting town. I just think it'd be an unfair thing to put into the game.
then again they can betray people by saying they commit to blueprints and being like

'sike'

and suddenly your totem of light goes out and your room goes dark and everyone else dies!!

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
do you know if its just role or does alignment show up too
as far as i can tell i also get alignment
Being able to be alone in a room (if it's in his role description I assume he can survive)
It doesnt give any indication that ill be safe when im alone. Rather i suspect that thinking back about early flavor, you are only safe when you are a pair, which would mean you run the same risk alone as with 3 in a room. On the other hand with the low amount of rooms available at night its much easier to be with 3 than alone.
then again they can betray people by saying they commit to blueprints and being like

'sike'

and suddenly your totem of light goes out and your room goes dark and everyone else dies!!
Should have probably mentioned earlier you contribute by saying something like 'contribute X of (item)', so you cant fake it.

Also i have a theory about sessy. Who remembers the mysterious engineer, and flavor on the host not being sure if theyd show up. What if sessy is the engineer but we need to trigger it somehow. Perhaps by building a device (i dont know what else could trigger it if it hasnt been done by now). Lmk what you think.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ltin for keeping back the important info on how to make the audience not laugh
Notty still hasn't explained what this means, and I don't recall any discussion of that related to page 17 earlier. Page 17 makes no mention of laughter or lack thereof so I have no clue what this is referring to. And as far as me not explcietly mentioning the explitive, here is what i said in the basement night 1 about the first bit from page 17(yes it is different, i didnt quote it when i paraphrased here):

Somebody who said they think they have been in this comedy club thing at least 2 weeks (though potentially more), decided that they were going to voluntarily go up on stage, and out of spite express a vulgarity towards the audience instead of trying to entertain them. They were explicit that doing so would end in their death.

I'm curious, has anyone read page 4?

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Not sure if i said before, but does anyone have a complete list of the read pamphlet pages.

Also, we should probably get going on who to put in a room with me. Comedians should try and aim for the rooms with batteries. Looking at open rooms rn id say itd be best for me to go to either costume room or downstairs dressing room actually, cus there isnt rlly a use for cogs yet afaik. If neither are available tonight that sucks, if both are available id say costume room. Sound good?

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
also i guess i can see the sessy front but its moreso i dont really know what to say other than shes making somewhat of an effort to post reads and thoughts (admittedly most of them said before by other people dont hate me aaaa i dont think thats necessarily reflected of her being mafia) and also came out with a hidden name with 0 hesitation which seems towny but could also be reckless mafia
I try my best :( I’m not good at long posts and at reading them so I prefer to write in tiny shitposts when I have a theory even if someone already mentioned it ;-; I sometimes skim read huge massive paragraphs cause I’m not good at reading things like that so I do miss some information woops

Also i have a theory about sessy. Who remembers the mysterious engineer, and flavor on the host not being sure if theyd show up. What if sessy is the engineer but we need to trigger it somehow. Perhaps by building a device (i dont know what else could trigger it if it hasnt been done by now). Lmk what you think.
I’ve been thinking that - maybe if I get a blueprint then it’ll unlock? Ive been trying to think if a certain room will unlock my role but so far nothing has come up so maybe a certain device just might trigger it (I didn’t think about that)

Also I don’t really have a read list at this point like normal peeps do but I do suspect notty and Alisha (Alisha for straight up ‘attacking’ people and pressuring them into role claiming and notty for their role it just doesn’t seem town-sided to me)

I don’t really communicate with Mooglie because I don’t have anything to say to them lol I have no suspicions of them not being town therefore I’m not gonna hunt them...if it puts your mind at ease we aren’t a mafia or 3P team.