[GAME OVER - TOWN WIN] The Comedy Club

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I dont want to vote till we got everything for the night figured out, but ive thought it over and notty's role just does not feel town. Yes, mafia could benefit from items, but this whole game for town seems to be about gathering items/blueprints, and if notty's role is town, mafia must have massive gain from items to compensate for the odd of notty hitting town. So far nothing indicates that.

So ye i will vote notty, after we have decided who is going with me to either costume room first, or downstairs dressing room second.

As for pages, afaik the pages left to be read are 6,8,11,12. Ill read page 11.

Lastly, anyone know who the second person to claim comedian was? Afaik there are 4 claims, with hip being first and paige being last. Since paige sorta confirmed herself (unless alisha and her are in kahoots which i dont think), the third person to have claimed comedian could well have fakeclaimed i feel.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I dont want to vote till we got everything for the night figured out, but ive thought it over and notty's role just does not feel town. Yes, mafia could benefit from items, but this whole game for town seems to be about gathering items/blueprints, and if notty's role is town, mafia must have massive gain from items to compensate for the odd of notty hitting town. So far nothing indicates that.

So ye i will vote notty, after we have decided who is going with me to either costume room first, or downstairs dressing room second.

As for pages, afaik the pages left to be read are 6,8,11,12. Ill read page 11.

Lastly, anyone know who the second person to claim comedian was? Afaik there are 4 claims, with hip being first and paige being last. Since paige sorta confirmed herself (unless alisha and her are in kahoots which i dont think), the third person to have claimed comedian could well have fakeclaimed i feel.
(I'm pretty sure I said this earlier but) I read page 6 last night. It's a soldier saying how the followers' kills are easier to stop than the darkness itself.

And I was the second Comedian claim, I came out like a few posts after hip.

I also just realized that I never unvoted you.
unvote

My vote is likely to go back onto notty as well.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
(I'm pretty sure I said this earlier but) I read page 6 last night.
Ah alright. Anyone read 8,11,12? I was looking at a list alisha made in kitchen and those were open. Else people can just open pages randomly and look for blueprints like the one i found. Would be nice if atleast two players go for 8,12 so we have all including mine. Perhaps we should double up on 8,11,12 in case one of the readers dies.

hipmeow

Reaction score
ill take page 12, and i forgot which room i claimed today but im pretty sure no one else has said they are going to that room too so please dont leave me alone

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Lastly, anyone know who the second person to claim comedian was?
And I was the second Comedian claim, I came out like a few posts after hip.
i swear this is the last time ill say i was the actual 2nd comedian claim

i guess.
well i am the comedian and i get double the items each night, so i actually have 2 wire
i am also the comedian but i got 0 wire or anything last night so i guess my abilities havent unlocked so idk whether to trust hips claim based on this or whether he has some mafia role that allows you to see the role of someone else in your room (even tho my abilities havent unlocked so idk if that would work) but i think i more so trust him?
I was planning on just saying that I unlocked a passive ability last night, but given hip's claim I feel it's appropriate that I claim too.

I am also a comedian, and I have the same ability to gather double items since I have nothing better to do. As such, I have two cogs.
grr

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
so the comedian claims are hip oog and tim, right?

my pet insane theory is all comedians are scum but i dont think its correct but it has crossed my mind again!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Anyways so after im lynched and youre in a mylo and the roleblocker has supposedly blocked Alisha again (lets be real if they exist what other target is there for them to block? Its not like our setup is booming with PRs that use actions every night) what is your plan then?

I see a lot of you throwing accusations in my direction, mostly about my role which people seem to think belongs in the Mafia team, but maybe you should try and consider who my two teammates supposedly are.

Other than me we have these people:
Hip - Comedian
Oog - Comedian
Tim - Comedian
Paige - Comedian
Ltin - Useless technician I mean we already had weak who claimed to be ablr to do something after 4 nights which funnily enough you called into question during our n1 chat for being too long in such a short personed game yet now you claim you have such an action yourself. If your claim is rral then what are the odds of one of you being the scum? Id say 100% considering my role exists for a reasom but I guess others dont know that for sure.
Alisha - Even more useless detective I mean lets be real here name me singular use for knowing if a kill was 'different' than another kill. What does this even mean. Different person, different faction? If we find out two kills are this 'different' how has this even any impact on who we lynch at all. What are we supposed to do with this?
Sessy - Doesn't even have a role? Like were almost at the endgame I learned my ability n1 whats up with that.
Hk - Useless Psychic that will never find themselves in a room alone and likely will never find themselves in a paired room either. Even if they do find themselves paired they can only investigate one person so what exactly is the usecase for this role? A 20% chance to get a singular investigation during the entire game?

Atleast I can say im not useless for I have actually proof my role exists unlike all other claimed PRs and I murdered the items Ltin was 100% gonna use for evil.

Maybe you should try and take a closer look at Ltin/Sessy/Hk. Tell me who do you ship with me if im Mafia? Im sure none of you actually have good answers for that. Who would be the roleblocker? Who would be the one to do the nightkill?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
As far as actions (not night actions, but rather contributions to discussion) go, I'm not seeing anything that's really pinging my radar. The next thing I'd usually look for is odd word choice, and the only example I've seen of that was Paige with her "looting and stealing" thing (still a little sketched out by it). So the only thing I'm left to draw on is the roles themselves and how they fit into the game. Not knowing the mafia specific mechanics makes it a bit more difficult, but there's still a good number of assumptions we can make.

1) Constructing items from blueprints is at least half of town's overall power. This is evidenced by the Comedian role (double loot pickups) as well as the Cultist role (double all player's current items) giving the town access to more items and a feasible way to build some of the blueprints. I know something that isn't public knowledge that I will talk about below.

2) Given that the town's power mostly revolves around items, it stands to reason that the mafia would have ways to combat this. Notty's role certainly fits that MO. An additional way to mitigate town's item gathering capabilities is shutting down specific rooms, since we now know that items are tied specifically to rooms. The Technician role (Ltin's) could fill this purpose, but also maybe not.

1*) Sessy's page last night contained a blueprint from a machine that could verify someone's soul. She mentioned the machine, but omitted the fact that it had a blueprint (at my advice, it seemed like something the mafia could easily deal with if they knew). It costs 5 of the following items: Cog, Battery, Scrap Metal, Wire. This is why early I advised against tunneling batteries.

2*) Notty using her ability on Ltin indicates they probably don't share an alignment, and since "Technician" is generally a person who repairs electronics/mechanisms, it stands to reason that he could re-enable rooms instead of shut them down. The Totem of Light is a thing, yes, but is only usable every three nights and only reinstates the room for that night. I don't think it's intended to be a necessity, just a supplement.

Conversely, I think it's possible that the Psychic role is a supplement to the soul-verifying machine [I'm just going to call it the traitor detector because let's be real that's what it is.], our true cop. However, I can't really think of a great use for the Psychic on either team, which leads me to believe that the only true part of HK's claim is that he wants to be alone in a room with someone. Probably to kill them? This would give use to the Detective role Alisha claims to have, identifying a straight up murder from a Darkness kill.

There's one role I haven't talked about yet and that's the Survivor, the late Omni's role. As you might remember, it stopped intruders from entering the room. With what we know about the setup, Notty's role would appear to be the only one on the list that actually interacts with a room they aren't in. Or perhaps HK's "if I'm alone in a room" thing lets them intrude into a room to commit a murder as well.

If you can't tell, I'm thinking Notty is mafia aligned and HK is a serial killer-esque role. They're the two that don't mesh with town goals.

The Detective exists to sus out the psychic (it's probably not actually called that.)
The Technician exists to re-enable rooms.
Comedians & the Cultist exist to enable item gathering and blueprint usage.
Purifier exists to combat item gathering and blueprint usage.
'Psychic' provides no help to town- we don't really benefit from investigations. It feels much more likely to be a third party killer, especially with how difficult it is to meet the conditions until late game.
Survivor exists to protect the town from the above two roles.

Now, you may be wondering, and I am too: "How does no role sessy fit into this?" Well, I think she does have a role but doesn't want to share. I have no bearing on what it may be, but she was upfront about finding the traitor detector blueprint last night. I'm going to be reading the page she read last night to verify that it isn't a hoax anyway. That's page 16. Also, I'll be following the same room priority as Alisha: Kitchen -> Basement.

I really think we should lynch notty so we can prevent her from mucking up the traitor detector by hitting a comedian and robbing 6+ items from us.

Maybe you should try and take a closer look at Ltin/Sessy/Hk. Tell me who do you ship with me if im Mafia? Im sure none of you actually have good answers for that. Who would be the roleblocker? Who would be the one to do the nightkill?
There's your "closer look." I really feel like you're begging these questions because you've made sure not to associate publicly with whatever teammates you might have as a scapegoat. "I can't be mafia! I don't have anyone to associate with!" I also think it's curious that you aren't saying we should look closer into Alisha despite calling her role useless.

And this concludes what is and will probably remain the longest post in the thread. Apologies.
Vote Notty

• Winner
Reactions: Ltin and Mooglie

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
tim's logic makes sense tbh
but assuming hk is a SK then that would bump down my 3 predicted mafia to 2 in a game with this many people
that would mean its notty + someone else
i assume someone from the comedian claim pool!
if, following this theory, alisha is meant to be town and hip is trusted as being the first comedian claim then paige's ability to get double items is proven via the library paper which means it would be me vs tim
but i slightly townread tim based on our minor feud + that logic train if notty actually flips mafia
which means that theres probably a mafia comedian like some others have said iirc
also possible that hip has a mafia ability to see other peoples roles in your room and claimed mine/paige's night 1 (i thought it wouldnt be me because my abilities hadnt unlocked by the end of night 1 but if paige is a comedian too then it could have been via her)

is this the point where i begrudgingly actually do the pamphlet table that ive been waiting for someone else to do since just because i made it doesnt mean i wanted to be the only one to update it :(

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I really think we should lynch notty so we can prevent her from mucking up the traitor detector by hitting a comedian and robbing 6+ items from us.
Your post was really nice up until this point. I hope you realize that if I did 'muck up' the traitor tester then it would confirm me as Mafia and the traitor tester did its thing anyways without being build. But im town and I have no need to destroy it. Ill happily target Ltin again tonight if that makes you feel safer. Also sorry to crush your dreams but I think we still need 5 entire batteries and have no realistic way of getting those before the game end especially after lynching me.

There's your "closer look." I really feel like you're begging these questions because you've made sure not to associate publicly with whatever teammates you might have as a scapegoat. "I can't be mafia! I don't have anyone to associate with!" I also think it's curious that you aren't saying we should look closer into Alisha despite calling her role useless.

And this concludes what is and will probably remain the longest post in the thread. Apologies.
Vote Notty
Might want to remove that vote before Im actually hammered. Why dont we try and lynch someone you think can kill people over me. If youre that worried about people losing items your worry is misplaced since if the Mafia want comedians to lose items they can just kill them.

• Confusing
Reactions: Ltin

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
tim's logic makes sense tbh
but assuming hk is a SK then that would bump down my 3 predicted mafia to 2 in a game with this many people
that would mean its notty + someone else
i assume someone from the comedian claim pool!
if, following this theory, alisha is meant to be town and hip is trusted as being the first comedian claim then paige's ability to get double items is proven via the library paper which means it would be me vs tim
but i slightly townread tim based on our minor feud + that logic train if notty actually flips mafia
which means that theres probably a mafia comedian like some others have said iirc
also possible that hip has a mafia ability to see other peoples roles in your room and claimed mine/paige's night 1 (i thought it wouldnt be me because my abilities hadnt unlocked by the end of night 1 but if paige is a comedian too then it could have been via her)

is this the point where i begrudgingly actually do the pamphlet table that ive been waiting for someone else to do since just because i made it doesnt mean i wanted to be the only one to update it :(
If Alisha is town then that means there is a roleblocker and how can I then be a Mafia purifyer unless you think one of us has to sacrifise using our action to do a nightkill