The Economy of Madness - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
to explain why i think coins cant magically be generated (other than maybe the stock investor thing)
every role is given a fixed amount of coins (thats what it said in signup thread!)
the fact that the mafia kill is pretty much specified to be pluck it encourages the idea that theres no money generation and that the act of gaining money is a scum thing
and irl money is like flowing through the economy, you dont really just magically produce it (thats counterfeit money and thats illegal!!)

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
to explain why i think coins cant magically be generated (other than maybe the stock investor thing)
every role is given a fixed amount of coins (thats what it said in signup thread!)
the fact that the mafia kill is pretty much specified to be pluck it encourages the idea that theres no money generation and that the act of gaining money is a scum thing
and irl money is like flowing through the economy, you dont really just magically produce it (thats counterfeit money and thats illegal!!)
This is also very interesting who agrees

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
another idea that i have (but i didnt want to say until massclaim but honestly i feel like we're never gonna get there actually have we had an actual vote yet nvm im changing my idea mid writing)

i call for a final vote on whether you agree with a mass claim or not (with coins and 'steals X times better than you' removed (i think thats for the best?))

Mischief

Reaction score
"lethal actions are stealing coins"

I think Alisha said the coins are lost before gained phrase too. Not sure though. So I assumed one of the most common ways gain coins was by stealing coins.

Mooglie understood me. Coins probably don't to magically appear? So someone getting an increase in coins is probably mafia? I would imagine a fixed amount of coins across the field or at least that's how I would have made it.

A donating role is not impossible but maybe a smaller amount and maybe they can only donate from their own stock yeah. I don't know if anyone has hundred coins to just give out, that seems unbalanced.

The investor fake role mooglie made up seems pretty interesting that, I would believe it. Poke's role names sort of matches it, it would be funny if it was actually his ability

It's all speculation with no proof, I just thought it would be a good thing to discuss.

• Haha
Reactions: Nottykitten

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
im proposing a full role claim but without names/with paraphrased names and without coins & steals X times more coins
Aka

- Full role name/paraphrased role name.
- All traits except 'steals [#X] more coins. or if you have another very very good reason not to bring it up.
- All abilities but not how much they cost or how much they impact the economic scale.

D

Deleted member 4601

I'm going to sleep now and since some of you said that those that claim early are more likely to be town I don't really wanna be at the end of the queue here

Paraphrased Role Name: Very Stubborn Cryptocurrency Nerd

Mischief

Reaction score
Abilities seems like a bad idea. If someone has something like protect or investigate, it puts a target on their back. I don't even know about traits

D

Deleted member 4601

Wait has everyone left at least one blank whoops but yeah it's 4 words long

D

Deleted member 4601

Abilities seems like a bad idea. If someone has something like protect or investigate, it puts a target on their back. I don't even know about traits
This is the defining feature of a massclaim though, what we're doing now is just lore/flavor

• Agree

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
It's exactly the abilities that will give us the most info to work with. Plus the Mafia would need to get through the doctor(s) first before they can even touch an investigative role (of which we probs have multiple forms)

Mischief

Reaction score
This is the defining feature of a massclaim though, what we're doing now is just lore/flavor
I think lore + maybe traits is enough to get things started. You can catch people in a lie later on that way.

Maybe saying not powerful abilities would be okay? I don't know.

Saying abilities when most people haven't been able to use their's yet seems to be too much, especially when the cost is unknown/can change

Doctors will be claiming their ability? Or are you saying everyone claim abilities but doctors? Wouldn't that make it obvious who the doctors are anyways?

If they do claim, they would need to either protect themselves or the investigating roles. Depending on how many coins they have and how expensive it is too use, it may force them to use up their ability too quickly and gamble on who to protect.

What if doctors can't protect themselves?

Mischief

Reaction score
Maybe in the future but I am against an ability mass claim until after at LEAST one night.

I find it very suspicious it was suggested this early tbh. It helps mafia way more than town.
Then they die and an investigative role lives because they weren't targeted
and the investigative role dies next. They can even die first if doctor protects a different role instead/themselves. It's a gamble really

• Agree
Reactions: Aqua

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
and the investigative role dies next. They can even die first if doctor protects a different role instead/themselves. It's a gamble really
And you think the Mafia would take a gamble and try to kill a cop when there is a very high chance the doctor would protect them? I don't think so.

I find it very suspicious it was suggested this early tbh. It helps mafia way more than town.
It really doesn't

D

Deleted member 4601

A massclaim forces anti-town to make early claims that they can't take back even when the situation turns bad for them

Like if we had a role cop on each side and the town dies then it'll be hard for the mafia role cop to defend themselves since they revealed their role early on (and in many cases they probably will reveal their actual abilities and mask it as a town role) - just an example

Also do take note that third-parties aside mafia already knows who is and isn't town, so they will still end up killing a townie, especially with this game where it seems like everyone has some sort of ability, so it doesn't put town in that much of a disadvantage per se

and it's mainly to give us more infomation to work with later on, information that we'll likely need as early as we can allow it to be

• Agree

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with mischief. A mass claim on d0 is just going to bite us in the ass very very fast.

Yes it does give us potential mafia based off of how real their role sounds but with 26 players in the game we have no idea what exists.

Also random food for thought, I just had an idea that their could be a third party with the sole goal of surviving the game with the most coins

• Agree
Reactions: Aqua
D

Deleted member 4601

Also random food for thought, I just had an idea that their could be a third party with the sole goal of surviving the game with the most coins
Are you that third-party

Also I wanna say I'm neutral on this massclaim idea if it seems like I'm supporting it

Status
Not open for further replies.