The Economy of Madness - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with mischief. A mass claim on d0 is just going to bite us in the ass very very fast.

Yes it does give us potential mafia based off of how real their role sounds but with 26 players in the game we have no idea what exists.

Also random food for thought, I just had an idea that their could be a third party with the sole goal of surviving the game with the most coins
21 players* not sure where I got 26 from

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
its also even harder for mafia to make realistic fake claims when they may under/over estimate the cost of actions if we do choose to include cost in the massclaim
(but again cost can be an indication of money so idk if its worth including)

Mischief

Reaction score
Don't you need to sleep mulbery

The neutral roles are also concerning yeah.

Could be serial killers, cults, mafia etc. If there are more than one party killing, it means our good Pr will be trickled down faster

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
its also even harder for mafia to make realistic fake claims when they may under/over estimate the cost of actions if we do choose to include cost in the massclaim
(but again cost can be an indication of money so idk if its worth including)
But wouldn't they already have an idea of how much abilities cost because of their own abilities?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
But wouldn't they already have an idea of how much abilities cost because of their own abilities?
some may not have their own abilities (like vanilla mafia in games only have the ability to kill, or pluck in this case, and that was suggested to have an irrationally low cost according to sign up thread (but theres no certainty that the example action in sign up thread was 100% the mafia kill)) + no certainty that the coin total and so respective cost of mafia abilities reflects town

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also on a random note if there is a trait census ability in this game like there was in pearled bridge, i recommend going for multitasker since i think that could be a trait all mafia have if they do have multiple actions (pluck & [whatever])

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Mischief

Reaction score
i think that similarly in the pearled bridge game the PID killer had to kill 3 people

in that case (and i doubt we have a serial killer) the PID killer doesnt have to necessarily be opposed to town and can instead function as a vigilante!
I rather not bet on it though, it could be vastly different from previous games. I hope it is like that though

• Agree
Reactions: Mooglie

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Not even if the mafias had roles which when they claimed wouldn't be particularly suspicious (tracker, watcher, role cop, role blocker, etc)?
I don't see how it even matters if Mafia has roles that 'blend' in since not only would they have to come up with a result every single day but also they would claim this regardless of massclaim.

If them claiming a blending role is such a problem you'd have that problem in a few days anyways except then they have had plenty of time to make results up that targeted dead people.

• Confusing
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Mischief

Reaction score
I don't see how it even matters if Mafia has roles that 'blend' in since not only would they have to come up with a result every single day but also they would claim this regardless of massclaim.

If them claiming a blending role is such a problem you'd have that problem in a few days anyways except then they have had plenty of time to make results up that targeted dead people.
True, it is harder for them if they claim something like an investigative role

but they can claim a weaker role that isn't investigative or can rarely be used?

"Sorry guys I don't have enough coins!" or "I can't afford to use my ability right now in economic panic" or "This isn't the right time to use my ability"

Or "I don't have an ability"

Asking for a massclaim as mafia could be a high risk high rewards move, but who knows.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
"Sorry guys I don't have enough coins!"
Suspicious.
"I can't afford to use my ability right now in economic panic"
Trash excuse for any investigative role.
"This isn't the right time to use my ability"
Said no-one ever except a 1-shot vigilante.
"I don't have an ability"
Suspicious.

but they can claim a weaker role that isn't investigative or can rarely be used?
Like what? What stops them from claiming this later in the game if we don't massclaim? If you don't think we can suss them after they claim now then what is your plan for the late game after they claim this role anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.