C9++ - Game End - Mafia Win

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Inffy what is your current opinion on MoltenAshes as of right now - what makes you not suspect him, and what makes you suspect Weak?

IMO Weak's roleblocker claim doesn't really make him any less scummy but you pushing on Weak repeatedly I fail to understand right now. I'm still okay with lynching Weak but I think you should justify clearly what's going on. Also I think you could consider claiming at this point.

• Confusing
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well...I want to believe it. But statistically, I can't justify not lynching you.

The chance that we have a mafia roleblocker is 100%. This is evidenced by Ernie and myself accounting for 3 PR spots.

The chance that we have a town roleblocker is (up to) four 5% chances. I've forgotten how to calculate probability, but that chance is remarkably low, and a hell of a lot lower than 100%.

Vote TheWeakGuy

Reactions: ChocoFox

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, so I went back to take a look at what Weak posted in day 0 for his reads, and I found this:

Sorta late with the list but here it goes:

Fantome, initially under a lot of pressure from the others, but most if it has seemed to go away. I think the way he handled it, is how a town-person would react. Town read.

Inffy, responsive and usually has insightfull ideas, which makes me think he's town. Light town read.

Timdood, aggressive player and asking lots of questions. Usually when people are asking questions all the time, it ends up being annoying and/or unnecessary, he actually makes it seem worthwhile and reasonable with the questions he asks. Light town read.

Alisha, unusually eager to lynch someone day 0 (from my experience), it seems like they changed their mind, which makes me believe that they're evaluating all possibilities and thinking clear, unless they do it from a mafia perspective. Light Mafia read.

Chocofox, aggressive against both Les & Ernie, in my opinion he seems waaaay too eager to lynch someone day 0. Mafia read.

Ernie, they've been much in the spotlight lately, I don't think the Mafia would bring this much attention up to one of their one, which makes me believe they are town. However at the same time, they have been acting strangely, granted I see this as a reason for it being their first mafia forum game, and I don't think we should lynch them. Light town read.

The rest I really dont have much of an opinion on (sorry, not sorry), it's mostly minor opinions which is not worth noting here.
Why did you leave Fog out of your reads and then roleblock him Weak? What's the rationale?

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, so I went back to take a look at what Weak posted in day 0 for his reads, and I found this:

Why did you leave Fog out of your reads and then roleblock him Weak? What's the rationale?
This was on Friday and I started to scumread him after that, when looking through who I should roleblock Fog stood out as someone who is likely Madia.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
35,3% - CCVTTTT = 2 Goons + Roleblocker
35,3% - CCVTTTx = 2 Goons + Roleblocker, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
21,2% - CCVTTxx= Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
7,1% - CCVTxxx = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
1,0% - CCVxxxx = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
Considering all the calculations here, the chances of you truly being a Town roleblocker would be:

P(roleblocker | rolls CCVTTTx) + P(roleblocker | rolls CCVTTxx) + P(roleblocker | rolls CCVTxxx) + P(roleblocker | rolls CCVxxxx)
= (0.353 * 0.1) + 2*(0.212 * 0.1) + 3*(0.071 * 0.1) + 4*(0.01 * 0.1)
= 0.103
= 10.3%

If there really are masons at this point they *should* claim because it would completely overrule the possibilities by a lot and it would more or less 100% prove them. If there is a mason pair the chances of Weak being roleblocker drops directly to 0.91%.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Considering all the calculations here, the chances of you truly being a Town roleblocker would be:

P(roleblocker | rolls CCVTTTx) + P(roleblocker | rolls CCVTTxx) + P(roleblocker | rolls CCVTxxx) + P(roleblocker | rolls CCVxxxx)
= 0.103
= 10.3%

If there really are masons at this point they *should* claim because it would completely overrule the possibilities by a lot and it would more or less 100% prove them. If there is a mason pair the chances of Weak being roleblocker drops directly to 0.91%.
I doubt the mason pair as exists but if they do they shouldn't out themselves to lynch me, especially since I'll most likely get lynched anyways.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I doubt the mason pair as exists but if they do they shouldn't out themselves to lynch me, especially since I'll most likely get lynched anyways.
Bullshit! At this point a mason should claim to narrow down the claimspace to rule out and confirm that you are Mafia. In fact we probably could go with a massclaim tomorrow.

• Agree
Reactions: Alisha

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Bullshit! At this point a mason should claim to narrow down the claimspace to rule out and confirm that you are Mafia. In fact we probably could go with a massclaim tomorrow.
I mean if I'm getting lynched (as I am right now) they shouldn't claim, if I for some reason don't get lynched they should definitely claim.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I mean if I'm getting lynched (as I am right now) they shouldn't claim, if I for some reason don't get lynched they should definitely claim.
I don't see why a mason shouldn't claim at this point - if they do they are confirming two Townies and with you being lynched we'd be further confirming that those two are definitely legitimate with a probability of 0.91% that they could be fake. If Mafia did hit one of them then we'd have definite answers tomorrow regarding the other.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score

= 0.103
= 10.3%

What's the percent chance if he only has three rolls at it?

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What's the percent chance if he only has three rolls at it?
If he has exactly three rolls for sure then the chance would be 0.1 * 3 = 0.3 = 30%. The reason why that number from before is smaller is because I factored in the chances of those respective setups being rolled.

That said, with what we have now statistically Weak has a 10.3% of being Town and 89.7% chance of being Mafia - provided that your 1-shot vig claim is true.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Town roleblockers have a 5% to generate per roll, not 10%.
My bad - thanks for that - that makes it even more improbable then.

If CCVTTTx is true:
Weak has a 5% chance of being genuine roleblocker.

If CCVTTxx is true:
Weak has a 10% chance of being genuine roleblocker.

If CCVTxxx is true:
Weak has a 15% chance of being genuine roleblocker.

If CCVxxxx is true:
Weak has a 20% chance of being genuine roleblocker.

Considering what Tim just said, doing recalculations:
= (0.353 * 0.05) + 2*(0.212 * 0.05) + 3*(0.071 * 0.05) + 4*(0.01 * 0.05)
= 0.0515
= 5.15%

Correct me if I'm wrong again I'm a bit of a bobblehead.

• Informative
Reactions: Timdood3