C9++ - Game End - Mafia Win

fantome

Reaction score
This bit in particular felt overly defensive to me - when I read fogs comment about Tim only asking whether Mafia know each other or not to make him look townie, it read as a little funny quip that wasn't to be taken as an assertion, but Tim seemed to interpreted it seriously and seemed to feel the need to counteract it, pointing out that fog is making an assumption and that there are other possibilities. I wonder whether that's because it hit closer to home and fog was onto something so he was more inclined to decide that it was an assertion that needed defending against

It's only a tiny feeling though and I'm not going to persue it today, it could easily be just a townie who's in the mindset of "I should make my towniness completely clear with no mistake", but I just wanted to point it out as sonething that felt slightly off to me - it wouldn't completely surprise me if Tim turns out to be SK. I really don't think he's Mafia though since his scumhunting feels genuine to me, but SK is free to genuinely scumhunt so that I can see as fairly possible
I'm seriously considering that Alisha and tim might be a Mason team but I have nothing concrete yet to back it up

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
We only have about 20 hours left before day ends. Personally I think I've given him more than enough time for him to reply to all the questions and the new ones posed by other people.
Deadline is 8 PM GMT, so more like 30 hours from the time of this post.
This bit in particular felt overly defensive to me - when I read fogs comment about Tim only asking whether Mafia know each other or not to make him look townie, it read as a little funny quip that wasn't to be taken as an assertion, but Tim seemed to interpreted it seriously and seemed to feel the need to counteract it, pointing out that fog is making an assumption and that there are other possibilities. I wonder whether that's because it hit closer to home and fog was onto something so he was more inclined to decide that it was an assertion that needed defending against

It's only a tiny feeling though and I'm not going to persue it today, it could easily be just a townie who's in the mindset of "I should make my towniness completely clear with no mistake", but I just wanted to point it out as sonething that felt slightly off to me - it wouldn't completely surprise me if Tim turns out to be SK. I really don't think he's Mafia though since his scumhunting feels genuine to me, but SK is free to genuinely scumhunt so that I can see as fairly possible
Unless it's painfully obviously a joke, I will always take what is said as a serious statement. Given that, I saw it as fog trying to throw unwarranted suspicion on me. I would assume that he is aware that there are other possibilities, just choosing to omit them. And in case I haven't said it enough times for it to be clear, I like to leave nothing unaddressed (which is part of the reason I try to respond quickly: so that it doesn't get buried and forgotten about by other players by the time I get a chance to bring it up).
also there this line that is just odd for me
What's odd about it? I was asking for a doctor to be on me. I could ramble about why, but it would just bring up reverse psychology loops and defeat the purpose.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Deadline is 8 PM GMT, so more like 30 hours from the time of this post.
Oh alright, I misread it as 9AM GMT on Saturday for some reason.

Unless it's painfully obviously a joke, I will always take what is said as a serious statement. Given that, I saw it as fog trying to throw unwarranted suspicion on me. I would assume that he is aware that there are other possibilities, just choosing to omit them. And in case I haven't said it enough times for it to be clear, I like to leave nothing unaddressed (which is part of the reason I try to respond quickly: so that it doesn't get buried and forgotten about by other players by the time I get a chance to bring it up).
I think Inffy has a point that you are being somewhat overly defensive but at this point I'm just more or less convinced this is how you play... I'm not entirely dismissing the other theories though.

What's odd about it? I was asking for a doctor to be on me. I could ramble about why, but it would just bring up reverse psychology loops and defeat the purpose.
Same thing as with Ernie in my opinion with the self-preservation bit but I suppose in a sense it's also a bit different.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Fair enough, I can believe this

Also random comment but this game is really nice and chill so far

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: Alisha and ChocoFox

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sorta late with the list but here it goes:

Fantome, initially under a lot of pressure from the others, but most if it has seemed to go away. I think the way he handled it, is how a town-person would react. Town read.

Inffy, responsive and usually has insightfull ideas, which makes me think he's town. Light town read.

Timdood, aggressive player and asking lots of questions. Usually when people are asking questions all the time, it ends up being annoying and/or unnecessary, he actually makes it seem worthwhile and reasonable with the questions he asks. Light town read.

Alisha, unusually eager to lynch someone day 0 (from my experience), it seems like they changed their mind, which makes me believe that they're evaluating all possibilities and thinking clear, unless they do it from a mafia perspective. Light Mafia read.

Chocofox, aggressive against both Les & Ernie, in my opinion he seems waaaay too eager to lynch someone day 0. Mafia read.

Ernie, they've been much in the spotlight lately, I don't think the Mafia would bring this much attention up to one of their one, which makes me believe they are town. However at the same time, they have been acting strangely, granted I see this as a reason for it being their first mafia forum game, and I don't think we should lynch them. Light town read.

The rest I really dont have much of an opinion on (sorry, not sorry), it's mostly minor opinions which is not worth noting here.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Usually when people are asking questions all the time, it ends up being annoying and/or unnecessary, he actually makes it seem worthwhile and reasonable with the questions he asks.
What questions exactly did Tim ask that are worthwhile that other questions asked are not?

I don't think the Mafia would bring this much attention up to one of their one
What do you mean by this?

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ernie, they've been much in the spotlight lately, I don't think the Mafia would bring this much attention up to one of their one, which makes me believe they are town.
Just bear in mind that we don't know for sure if the mafia know who each other are yet, so that could explain the lack of resistance to voting him - although there was some resistance but personally they felt townie

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just bear in mind that we don't know for sure if the mafia know who each other are yet, so that could explain the lack of resistance to voting him - although there was some resistance but personally they felt townie
I believe the Mafia and the masons know who they are. If you refer to the MafiaScum Wiki here: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9++

The example role PMs stated down there show who the other members of the Mafia and masons are.

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, we can't really go on what those say because it'd be meta.
But I do think that knowing your partners would qualify as something the player would need to know, and thus they'd be told at the beginning of the game, according to HK's last post.

• Agree
Reactions: ChocoFox

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, we can't really go on what those say because it'd be meta.
But I do think that knowing your partners would qualify as something the player would need to know, and thus they'd be told at the beginning of the game, according to HK's last post.
Oh, I interpreted that as 'if I wanted you to know whether or not the mafia know their team, I'd have told you, so if I didn't tell you at the start of day 0 then you're not meant to know', but your interpretation makes more sense bearing in mind there's a wiki for what players should be told

• Informative
Reactions: Timdood3