The Pearled Bridge - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I see lots of votes against inf, so I guess i'll share this: I inspected inf last night and his power is "Jail"
(my power is power inspection!)
well I can confirm matty is correct, I do have the power to jail, so he's telling the truth about his power at least
OK, now this messes with my head.

It's not likely that matty & inf are both mafia and matty because: if inffy flips mafia; then matty would be suspected, matty would have to claim a power; which someone else likely has, or he would claim that inffy had a power that someone else has.

Therefore it's likely that Matty actually is speaking the truth, and Inffy has the power jail (it's too unlikely that he was swapped even if we had a busdriver in the setup). Inffy said he protected(<3) and blocked me last night. I don't have anything that points against him telling the truth about blocking me, so it's likely hes telling the truth. The only possibly outcome that I can think of, where inffy is mafia, is where he is a mafia with the Jail power, but I find that to be unlikely.

That's why I'm just gonna drop my vote for now, I'm prolly gonna read more into this later. I actually needed to go 2 minutes ago, so sorry if this post feels rushed.

unvote

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
I say we look at another unrelated lynch such as Rune depending on whatever Unu has to say on that matter and leave Notty/Inf at least until tomorrow.

Its possible that Matty and Inf are in cahoots (though I doubt it) but if we can another person ability-inspected it should go a long way to confirming both of them.

I'm not too sure about Notty being a 1-shot arsonist vigilante and not just a normal 3rd party arsonist but since Omni is on my list of suspicions I think we should at least let that kill go through and reassess tomorrow.

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Shadow_Hunter3

Shadow_Hunter3
Reaction score
last night I jailed TWG, and there's only 1 kill. I don't think that's a coincidence, and unless there's a second roleblocker/a third protection role that somehow got involved, or multiple kills targeted faliara (which I doubt since fali seems a weird choice as a target since she was so quiet), that means I was probably involved in that somehow, meaning either
So how did you jail TWG if I blocked you last night?

Vote Inffy

• Informative
Reactions: HKCaper

Shadow_Hunter3

Shadow_Hunter3
Reaction score
So the reason why there is only 1 kill could be because you were blocked, and you and Matty are trying to make it look like it was because of you.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Honestly at this point we could do a massclaim as several PRs has claimed already
I disagree and think we should keep some powers secret untill tomorrow. We have a decent amount of information to work with so the only ones that should claim are people who have important info about someone we might lynch, or who have a better lynch target.

Just curious did you attempt an action tonight weak?

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I disagree and think we should keep some powers secret untill tomorrow. We have a decent amount of information to work with so the only ones that should claim are people who have important info about someone we might lynch, or who have a better lynch target.
I agree we shouldn't massclaim right now, but we've already lost our doctor and our cop and the jailer, roleblocker and power inspector has all outed themselves - I don't see many power roles remaining.
Just curious did you attempt an action tonight weak?
Yes I did, not sure if it went through or not.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
notty not supporting a mass claim INTERESTING want to give your MAFIA TEAMMATES some FAKE CLAIMS huh
I actually have this great claim lined up where my Mafia buddy Claire is going to claim speech compulsion where she has to somehow get atleast 5 people to say the number '4' every day or our other Mafia buddy Duffie dies whereas claires role is the sharded trait together with Duffie who actually also has speech compulsion and has to get 3 people to say the number '10' every day or Claire dies but she succeeded aswell.

Reactions: HKCaper

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Ok, so first I will take a look into how roles are constructed – how traits and powers are combined. This is something we intentionally have been uninformed about and I believe Aquas role is a good indicator of how roles could be determined. He had the power guard (will redirect the targets lethal attacks to yourself) and the trait Lucky 2 (can twice survive lethal attacks). Basically, that meant that Aqua could save himself and a chose player twice, and the last time redirect a kill of his target to himself. As the Lucky trait fits perfectly with that power, it is highly likely that the traits and powers are handpicked to make the role balanced, more interesting and the traits more useful to the power. This is something my role also confirms. That’s why we should perhaps watch out for when people claim traits and powers; If their trait matches badly to their power, it might be because they are antitown.

Now onto my suspicions.

My biggest suspicion at the time is Rune. This first began when I put my vote on him, after making a post about that I rather lynch the inactives. This seemed to get little attraction, however, when Infected voted Comp sometime later people were quickly joining him to establish that lurking will get you in a tough spot. This sudden increase of willingness to vote on Comp for the same reason made me suspicious of Rune while began to townread Comp. I am however aware that this may also be because of Infs speech about voting Comp, while I wasn’t fully clear about it.

Let's go for rune!
you're really desperate to get me lynched, why?

This post responding to this jokish post by me increased my suspicion as he already seems on the defensive while having just 1 vote on him. I would also say it is worth to mention that he hasn’t seemed to try to help town at all, and his inactivity plus his unexplained vote on Aqua certainly doesn’t help on his case, so I would really enjoy to at least see his role.

I seriously have big issues understanding how you after yesterdays lynch, where you were convinced Aqua was scum which turned out to be completly wrong, can again be so convinced another player is, when there is barely anything to go out from. On top of that I don’t see why you ONLY found him suspicious of being mafia after that lynch and ignore the rest of the players

I have also been suspicious of Infected. It was mainly the two points I pointed out here. I really didn’t understand how you could find TWG so extremely suspicious just due to Aqua flipping town, while finding the 9 others equally or less suspicious when you figured they had voted a townie. It just felt very unnatural, so until Matty outed your supposed role I was decently suspicious. However, your actions did immediately make more sense after knowing your (supposed) role. Both the suspicion towards Aquas claim (though I wouldn’t have done the same) and the sudden increase in suspicion of TWG, as you believed to have blocked a lethal attack, were more reasonable. I would also highly doubt some of your mafia buddies would risk getting both them and you killed by ‘saving’ you like Matty did, so after that I town read both you and Matty.

When it comes to TWG I have really been unsure of the alignment the entire time, and I still sorta is. After Infected supposedly turned out to jailer be my suspicion quickly increased, just to get lowered again after Shadow claimed to have blocked Infected. Essentially that means that Infected couldn’t have blocked a kill from TWG nevertheless, unless Shadow is lying (or some other block/redirect mechanics have been in play). At this point I think I am slight leaning towards mafia, but still way behind Rune.

I have also gotten slightly suspicious of HKCaper, perhaps mostly due to vibes but also that many of his posts has included things like “(chill its a joke im a pro player)”, “(in my eyes)”, (no this is not a response to inffy calling me out)», like if he is afraid that the messages will be misinterpreted wrong something I believe a mafia would be more likely to do, but it might also be how he speaks?

The last real read I have is on Shadow_Hunter3. From what I understood he was entirely new to mafia, and nothing he has done has struck me as antitown. I feel like he has acted been calm and tried to be helpful. His claim has especially make me believe he is town, since I highly doubt a completely new player would jump out like that as mafia.

The rest players I’m unsure of.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
"wE wIlL GaIN ValUAbLE iNfoRmaTIoN"
OK IM GONNA WRITE THE REST IN CAPS.
lol you struck a nerve

anyhow, bit overdue, but the fact inffy was 100% sure
TWG is scum 10000000000000%
(and more like these) told me something was going on. I've been down this road before (not sure if it was with inffy but possibly) and I did not see inf throwing round claims like that without a decent argument to back it up. While we are on topic, im still not sure about inffy. While it seems he is falling back into a more town like player, its sometimes a bit too off for inf. vibes <o>

It was either that or a no lynch and 0 good reads. Difference is we didn't actively lynch a town member just because we wanted to get reads, we tried to get a Mafia and failed with our concelation price being atleast one good read.
notty makes some sense (in my eyes (back off unu i read your post i always do cheeky notes inside brackets, also the pro player is a running jok between me and aqua tyvm)) so i got a slight town read on her for now.

but i am here to confirm two people do have a speech compulsion and you are all going to help me hunt them down.
excuse me what is this, next thing you are going to tell me is that you get 'culty upgrades' if you uncover them. i'm not saying i dont believe you, cus it sounds like a fun side quest, and I could see this being a thing, just comes a bit out of the blue (or am i mistaken here). wondering if this is a 3rd party dealio. id say its a cult thing over law thing tho (if its real). my vibes are neutral on you for now.

good morning my fellow cult friends
oof arelic, its hard to make a sophisticated read, neutral for now, but my vibes are watching you

I see lots of votes against inf, so I guess i'll share this: I inspected inf last night and his power is "Jail"
(my power is power inspection!)
I am the cults 1-shot vigilante
So how did you jail TWG if I blocked you last night?
ah claims. may i remind that there are possibly PID kills out there. I wanted to question there being a jail and a block claim out there, but seeing how there isnt rlly a doc (aqua was kinda a 2 shot doc) and jailer is both doc and block, id say these claims make sense.

I doubt matty and inffy would make such a bold play together esp how both their claims are quite strong, and very prone to cc's if fake (tbf we dont know whats out there, but still id assume this game is well balanced).

anyhow lets wrap it up, i believe inffy's, matty's and shadow's claim for now. I'm not sure on notty (her role), but i guess we'll find out more about that one as we go.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I already claimed 1-shot vigilante yesterday though

Also hip literally claimed trait cencus so this theory is kinda really stupid also I rated Hip's post winner since he was right on the money
actually yeah since there's only 1 power at a time, hip couldn't have known your role if he used trait consensus

but maybe you didn't realize that until now - or figured hip must have been lying since you didn't think he'd magically guess your power like that

but yeah that makes my theory less believable to me

Also Matty literally claimed to have power inspection are you ok
doesn't mean there's only one?

So the reason why there is only 1 kill could be because you were blocked, and you and Matty are trying to make it look like it was because of you.
sure it could be. it wasn't, but I don't have anything to prove that

don't have time to read UNU's post yet so I'll read that later, but even if TWG wasn't jailed last night I still am confident he's scum so want him lynched

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
nevermind I changed my mind and read UNU's post

I don't really find the argument against rune very convincing tbh, like I said before I don't think rune piles on in the way he did like that as mafia, it'd be too much of a bold move for someone who's whole goal of the game is to avoid suspicion - that being said I'm willing to be proven wrong, maybe he just didn't think about it like that and piled on mindlessly I dunno, and if people don't want to lynch TWG then I'll jump on rune instead

also I kinda get where you're coming from with hk, he's been very quiet this game, and also:

notty makes some sense (in my eyes (back off unu i read your post i always do cheeky notes inside brackets, also the pro player is a running jok between me and aqua tyvm)) so i got a slight town read on her for now.
this feels like a really weird notty read? like I don't understand why hk would town read notty based on this, he's played with her loads and so knows notty is capable of making sense like this as mafia as well. the read feels fake

so yeah I can see hk as mafia

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
nevermind I changed my mind and read UNU's post

I don't really find the argument against rune very convincing tbh, like I said before I don't think rune piles on in the way he did like that as mafia, it'd be too much of a bold move for someone who's whole goal of the game is to avoid suspicion - that being said I'm willing to be proven wrong, maybe he just didn't think about it like that and piled on mindlessly I dunno, and if people don't want to lynch TWG then I'll jump on rune instead
Although it may not seem very convincing yet, you can't argue that he has in no way tried to help town. Litterally all he did yesterday except being inactive was to vote aqua. And while you may think he wouldn't risk putting his vote on that late since it would gain suspicion, doing so in past games (in day 0) have barely even been noticable. Every time people will next day blame those who faught for lynching that player. I have in fact never seen someone been punished by staying inactive day 0 just to put their vote on a townie, they always get away with it.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
To be honest I'll be quite satisfied with a Rune lynch. We won't lynch an active player which is a big plus, + I don't think anyone particularly townreads him so it feels like we have a lot to gain and little to lose. He also voted Aqua, a town, which plenty of people did but its still something against him. I'm happy to put off this weak/inf/whomever stuff untill tomorrow.

And ofcourse also hope to prove myself tonight by roasting Omni and him flipping Mafia and quell these rumours of me being third party.

Vote Rune

Reactions: Unusual_Dood

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Although it may not seem very convincing yet, you can't argue that he has in no way tried to help town. Litterally all he did yesterday except being inactive was to vote aqua. And while you may think he wouldn't risk putting his vote on that late since it would gain suspicion, doing so in past games (in day 0) have barely even been noticable. Every time people will next day blame those who faught for lynching that player. I have in fact never seen someone been punished by staying inactive day 0 just to put their vote on a townie, they always get away with it.
well yeah he wasn't helping town at all but as mafia I think rune would at least try to fake that since not being helpful isn't gonna let you live long term and rune is experienced enough to know that

I see your point about maybe he thought he could get away with it but I don't remember that being a thing, I'm pretty sure people who just mindlessly vote get grilled usually, but I don't remember any specific examples, I just have it in my mind that that's what happens

I dunno, it's rune and I've been very wrong about him in the past because I've struggled to understand where he's coming from so maybe this is just another example of me failing to understand his true scummy thought process but I just don't feel like he's mafia, he feels town to me

Status
Not open for further replies.