Emoji Mafia - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Edited some posts to remove PM mechanics/reliance on host confirmation.

If you are unsure about any aspect of your role, PM me - do not state your uncertainties in this thread.

Winking

Reaction score
I just woke up again to some interesting claims; haven’t fully caught up with the thread, but uhhhh there was something about my role I completely forgot about until I went to check my account details again that people might want to know straight away, so;

I’m the Defender. I defend people’s accounts from being stolen each night.

I, uh- I completely forgot another factor of my role and it took me looking back at the Discord message that told me what my role does, but-

Whoever I defend from getting account-stolen also ends up getting roleblocked, so;

In this order, I had defended; Expressionless, Hearts and Thinking. So if any one of you found yourselves unable to do anything, that was me. sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.

• Haha
Reactions: Sob

Thinking

Reaction score
oh
uh
haha
fuck

Thinking i’m so sorry, that was me, roleblocking isn’t my role’s main purpose i swear
if anything the roleblock confirmation means im not full of shit about my own claim so that actually helps

your claim is pretty believable imo, but that means between you and blush there is apparently two roles that are town sided capable of roleblocking which doesnt make much sense...

one of you and blush might be maf, and i would disagree about your roleblocking not being the main purpose. it seems you're closer to a jailkeeper, and also never underestimate roleblocking;

the fact you visited expressionless n1 and hearts n2 is interesting and could potentially explain why n1 and n2 had no kills from the mafia, id like tohea

Thinking

Reaction score
'id like to hear hearts claim' is what that sentence should have finished with

Winking

Reaction score
I had felt that both Expressionless and Hearts were trustworthy on the nights I had defended them; Hearts seems to have gone quiet as of late, though.

none of my actions’ targets thus far have been based on the roleblocking aspect of my role, and had i remembered its side effect last night i would not have aimed it at you

Winking

Reaction score
oh god, if i had remembered my role roleblocked earlier, i could have weaponized that

instead i blocked a cop on night one

Thinking

Reaction score
oh god, if i had remembered my role roleblocked earlier, i could have weaponized that

instead i blocked a cop on night one
you are towntelling very well right now

n1 is mostly random anyway and its better to use your action than to not use it when blocking is considered. also we dont know if expressionless really was a cop, winking. expressionless could have been the disguiser and night 3 just disguised themself as the cop.

Winking

Reaction score
n1 is mostly random anyway and its better to use your action than to not use it when blocking is considered. also we dont know if expressionless really was a cop, winking. expressionless could have been the disguiser and night 3 just disguised themself as the cop.
that’s true. that is true. that’s something i’ll have to keep in mind.

there’s something about the last few pages that really rub me the wrong way, but when i try to type it out it just ends up a scrambled mess. i’ll try to get it into a cohesive post, though.

Blush

Reaction score
Well dang, Expressionless should've claimed in retrospect. It'd be good if we could guess at who's guilty or inno based on their posts in previous days, but it always sucks when cop dies before claiming.

We should be wary of expressionless possibly being guiser though, so be careful today.

I said I'd claim, I'm Item Distributor. Regret giving Shades the 100 gun first night, as I was expecting town to not use it, and went with the thinking that if it was shot the first night, the player was mafia.

Didn't give anything away night two, as I didn't trust anyone enough, but Blush should have received a emoji bulletproof vest last night.
Yep!

How does your role work? Can you only give away bulletproof vests and guns? Can you give the same player multiple items through nights?

There's a lot of contradicting statements going around so far but I want Angry , Hearts , Sob , and Sweat to claim before I can give an educated opinion. I think those are the only 4 who have not claimed yet?

Reactions: Halo and Yum

Blush

Reaction score
Oh and for Joy to reveal their other two targets once everyone else has claimed.

Yum

Reaction score
I can only give one of the two items to a player once, meaning I cannot give a player more than one item unless bus shenanigans are involved.

• Useful
Reactions: Blush

Yum

Reaction score
damn if there's this number of power roles, then what were the chances of three consecutive villager deaths. geez

Unamused

Reaction score
why would i claim now despite being better when guiser didnt know about me: i think mafia already know about me since i was blocked n3 (ill get to that), and i cant be much help if maf control the town votes anyway and there have been two mislynches already
I'm thinking that it's fairly likely mafia has a stalker seeing as how they hit the cop who wasn't really the focus of anything on previous days.

I'm looking back through right now and it really doesn't seem like Expressionless left us anything to go off. They didn't post very much at all and were strong advocates for both villager mislynches.

Joy is that your full claim? The name seems to have nothing to do with the role itself, which strikes me as a little odd!

Also
Yum was my intended choice for my night visit, and thats interesting because Unamused has claimed i visited myself that night. so one of the two of you is lying as its impossible for me to be in multiple places at once
I'm thinking the more likely explanation for this is that I was redirected, not you. My results don't specify the person, just "target".

Unamused

Reaction score
Okay, so this isn't the most damning of evidence but I feel like Joy has been using slightly different language today? Mainly the heavy use of hyphens instead of just using commas or starting a new sentence. Additionally, before today their punctuation was consistently lower case but now it's kind of inconsistent. They also seem much less blunt than before, at least to me. I also had a brief look at Mask and Blush, but Mask hasn't posted much and doesn't have many prominent typing habits from what I can tell. Blush seems fairly similar also but the consistently upbeat tone wouldn't be hard to imitate, to be fair. I've included my table of Joy posts below.

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=312x@}
before{/td}

{td=312x@}
after{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=312x@}
· why would you claim day one?

which type of vigilante are you?

· shades claiming as the day starts was compulsive and dumb. shades why would you claim to be a vigilante, instead of claiming to have received a gun?
· a vig would never counterclaim just nightkill them
· weary, you are way to trigger happy. from your point of view you are a villager, the mafia wont claim roleblocker out of nowhere just to frame a random villager. im not saying you are maf but this is genuine scummy behaviour.

i suggest we wait for everyone to share their opinions, and i want to hear from uused

· theres no reason to, and even if they did they would risk the chance of the real roleblocker ccing them which could get them lynch. theres no point in outing themselves to lynch a town.
· no item here either.
· looks like nobody had anything to add.

Vote Weary
{/td}

{td=312x@}
· (oops didnt see this before now so sorry for not making a post)

since we're doing a massclaim, ill also claim

I am the balancer, each night I can visit a player. if they have a night action i'll get a yes, if they dont have a night action i'll get a no.

im confirming masks watcher claim because night 2 I visited yum and got an 'yes', aka they have/used (see above) an night action.

Im not gonna say who else I visited, because that would spoil all the fun about my role - I would rather everyone claim first, and I'll call out bs if I find any.

· nvm oops pretty sure my role tells me if they utilize a night action or not - in that case Yum is lying
· i either get a 'yes' or a 'no, as I got a 'yes' that clearly indicates you utilized an action night 2.
· just to be clear we shouldnt focus on yum right now - as my role is somewhat unclear. We should rather focus on the blantantly false claim by unamused earlier in the game;
1. According to unamused - yum visited nobody during the first day, which, according to yum, is untrue (see their claim higher up in this thread)
2. I cannot find any scenario where thinking is able to target himself - even with busdriver involved, it wouldn't be possible (if i did my maths right), only scenario where this would be possible is where theres a one-way busdriver.

· wait nvm I misred this - but the second point still stands!{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Unamused

Reaction score
Alright, so my highlighting in the second column didn't show up so if you want it it's here:
I also did up this table to try and wrap my head around the actions:

Do note that I forgot to include myself targeting Yum N1 and receiving no report.

The things that don't add up are as follows:​
  1. Joy claims to have received a report indicating that Yum used their night action (item giving) on night 2, when they claim they did not, and no players claimed to have received one.​
  2. Unamused (me) claimed to have received a report indicating that Thinking visited themselves. This can be explained by my action being redirected by a bus-driver-esque role. I believe confusion was aroused by the fact that i didn't specify that my reports only state "target", leaving some ambiguity.​
  3. I'm like 70% sure there was another one but I forgot so I'll throw in a short post later if I remember!​

• Informative
Reactions: Yum

Yum

Reaction score
Would a bus swapping Thinking and I during the second night explain the apparent self visit of Thinking and the Action Used result Joy claims?

Winking

Reaction score
because i swear, there had been posts after the chart unamused set out, but they’re gone

and i thought i was imagining it, and kept refreshing the page

but no, it’s gone, and i’m wondering if i dreamed up the whole thing, but i swear there had been more posts earlier

• Agree
Reactions: Halo and Sob

Sob

Reaction score
because i swear, there had been posts after the chart unamused set out, but they’re gone

and i thought i was imagining it, and kept refreshing the page

but no, it’s gone, and i’m wondering if i dreamed up the whole thing, but i swear there had been more posts earlier
I feel the same way. I’m sure there were other posts.

Sob

Reaction score
Before anyone points out my lurker behaviour or inactivity, know that I am here. I have nothing of value to add at this moment. Allow me to catch up.
Thank you

Thinking

Reaction score
Unamused could you please address the fact that mask knew who i visited n2 (yum), when you claimed i visited myself

its strange that you just ignored it when you posted that interesting chart

also im down with lynching unamused because the only evidence redirection even exists in this setup is their word on it, and at this rate im more willing to trust mask since they knew my n2 visit while in hindsight it seems anyone could claim redirection to get around not knowing who visited who

i think ill kick things off this time since a deadline was posted

vote unamused

Status
Not open for further replies.