The Chronicles of Mafia - GAME OVER - MASONS WIN

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
night 3 i investigated jivvi (50/50 on, leaning towards town but)
my report came back as mafia!

but yeah i wanted to wait through this day to see who jivvi would try and lynch but so far it was the obviously town dog so no real result there but

vote Jivvi
hahahahahaha i got framed what a brilliant setup

i don't really expect a great deal of success arguing this but i will anyway for the sake of not throwing

if i was mafia i:
a) would have lurked and just let the past 2 days stagnate on their own; i'd like to take a lot of the credit for the discussions today and yesterday happening
b) would have pushed mulb more
c) wouldn't have pushed velz for being useless (if i'd known about the dog role i obviously wouldn't have even bothered)

i'm a/the vampire, can't find what game i'm from cause when i searched the subforum all the posts are talking about a role where they start 3p and convert to mafia somehow. this isn't at all like my role which is basically just bulletproof (role pm calls it 'resurrecting') which turns into vig when shot (which is the explanation for my playstyle this game - i was actively trying to get killed). foggy said i don't convert to vig when i get shot during they day which seems silly and inconsistent but hey whatever right. anyway trying to get killed so i could be vig was basically the only reason i was active so now that's gone n i'm really disappointed

Reactions: digi

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
hahahahahaha i got framed what a brilliant setup

i don't really expect a great deal of success arguing this but i will anyway for the sake of not throwing

if i was mafia i:
a) would have lurked and just let the past 2 days stagnate on their own; i'd like to take a lot of the credit for the discussions today and yesterday happening
b) would have pushed mulb more
c) wouldn't have pushed velz for being useless (if i'd known about the dog role i obviously wouldn't have even bothered)

i'm a/the vampire, can't find what game i'm from cause when i searched the subforum all the posts are talking about a role where they start 3p and convert to mafia somehow. this isn't at all like my role which is basically just bulletproof (role pm calls it 'resurrecting') which turns into vig when shot (which is the explanation for my playstyle this game - i was actively trying to get killed). foggy said i don't convert to vig when i get shot during they day which seems silly and inconsistent but hey whatever right. anyway trying to get killed so i could be vig was basically the only reason i was active so now that's gone n i'm really disappointed
So then is there even any benefit for keeping you alive? I'm confused as to what your role is even going to do when/if you die

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So then is there even any benefit for keeping you alive? I'm confused as to what your role is even going to do when/if you die
wow this is some awful logic but yeah my role isn't super useful so whatever

if i managed to get another mafia, sk or another townie to kill me we'd have had a vig which would have helped sift through the lurking players who mafia are hiding in pretty easily but the dumb inconsistent mechanic means shooting me during the day won't let me live on as a proven townie so it doesn't really matter honestly

Faliara

Reaction score
uhhh, right

i had posted a ‘never mind’ post just now
but then i deleted it with the reason being ‘never mind that never mind’
but then i thought ‘wait, what if that’s against the rules?’ but i already did it
so i’m saying it here just in case i shouldn’t have

But anyways

Jivvi i did, in fact, find that role after a bit of searching, but i wanted to ask how did you find that a minute after saying you couldn’t find it? i figure you might have had a tab dedicated to it though, so never mind that question

You turn into a vigilante when shot, right? In that case, would you mind Later_Gator shooting you?

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Jivvi i did, in fact, find that role after a bit of searching, but i wanted to ask how did you find that a minute after saying you couldn’t find it? i figure you might have had a tab dedicated to it though, so never mind that question
took me a second to realise that searching doesn't include subsections. i searched archived games (other role came up), then the whole mafia subforum (nothing came up). so i went through gmk's archives individually and found it.

wait, no, jivv said he won’t turn into a vigilante during the day

Digitalmez Does the role work this way? You were the one who had this role, right?
i literally asked fog to clarify (cause the role pm didn't specify) and he said it won't so if digi's did i'm gonna be salty

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
bloody masquerade. it didn't show up in the search cause gmk's
Unu's role (town) was also from Bloody Masquerade. That would mean either there can be more roles from one game or you are lying.

Let's not forget Oog still claims to have a mafia report on you. I did find you quite susp yesterday with the whole mulb situation, buuut

this isn't at all like my role which is basically just bulletproof (role pm calls it 'resurrecting') which turns into vig when shot (which is the explanation for my playstyle this game - i was actively trying to get killed). foggy said i don't convert to vig when i get shot during they day which seems silly and inconsistent but hey whatever right. anyway trying to get killed so i could be vig was basically the only reason i was active so now that's gone n i'm really disappointed
I dont find it unlikely the role is different from original since more people have claimed this, but two things dont feel right.

1. This one might be a bit silly, but how does that ability fit the name vampire.
2. It is all too convenient that you get to be a vig if you get killed, but not if you get shot, when people are in favor of shooting you.

Anyway, my opinion, you gotta go. Im not set on shooting or lynching yet since, if you are telling the truth, lynching you would give us a vig. But, this just seems unlikely, esp with oog's report. Shooting you might be a better option then, but who knows, anything is possible in a closed setup.

D

Deleted member 4601

This does boil down to which of the two conflicting claims we can trust though - and between Oog and Jivvi it's definitely Jivvi who has the more believable one, especially with Oog and his incomplete claim (+the stuff Digi mentioned)

That's the thing that's troubling right now

D

Deleted member 4601

There is a vanilla cop role from Samlen's C9++ game though, hmm...

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Unu's role (town) was also from Bloody Masquerade. That would mean either there can be more roles from one game or you are lying.
have we even had enough games to fill the setup with only one role from each game? even if there was, restricting the role choices like that would make it even harder to make a reasonable setup
Let's not forget Oog still claims to have a mafia report on you. I did find you quite susp yesterday with the whole mulb situation, buuut
i don't think anyone has forgotten? plus with a janitor and tailor, it's easy to imagine that there could be a framer.

I dont find it unlikely the role is different from original since more people have claimed this,
probably not that it's different, just that BM didnt have day kills

This one might be a bit silly, but how does that ability fit the name vampire.
it doesnt. i could argue that i would have fake claimed a better name if i was mafia but then it's just a wifom

It is all too convenient that you get to be a vig if you get killed, but not if you get shot, when people are in favor of shooting you.
yeah it's clunky and thats part of the reason why i've been complaining about the setup

lynching you would give us a vig
night kills only remember lol

Anyway, my opinion, you gotta go
im offended but im not gonna complain about being out of this game

Reactions: HKCaper

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
night kills only remember lol
Oh my bad I misunderstood. Eitherway I think we still have 2 choices: shooting you or shooting oog. Then well know if the other is telling the truth. However, if we shoot oog and he is telling the truth we loose a cop. If he isnt, youll be 'confirmed', but with what you explained, you wont likely be killed at night anymore.On the other hand if we shoot you and you are lying, we have a 'confirmed' cop, if you are telling the truth we lynch oog. So i think shooting you is the way to go.

Deadline is near so it would be nice if we decide soon.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Unu's role (town) was also from Bloody Masquerade
im almost 86% sure that there will only be one role from each game (unless anyone else wants to CC that by going against any of the other dead people's games) so if you dont believe my cop report this should be enough tbh

also i dont believe the convenient timing of magically finding the role right after claiming to look more innocent

also i dont like the fact that, if jivvi is the vampire, he doesnt turn into a good role when he's shot during day since that's kinda bad design imo

i'm still down for the shoot jivvi lynch me if he is somehow not mafia plan since im now 99% sure hes mafia when i was worried about being insane/paranoid before (also i only looked so far back like 2-3 pages in archived games and lost in fog + c9++ were the only games i found with a vanilla cop and they had no modifiers so)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also who has an idea for a lynch target other than me when jivvi flips MAFIA
i vote digi since i think they were overly suspicious of my cop claim so i'll just

vote Digitalmez

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
WOOF

i investigated the death of unu, the killer is among these people:

Enderfive
Nottykitten
Faliara
Ooglie101
CaffeinatedKitty
TheWeakGuy48_
77thShad
erik5456
Comp
Arelic
Lator_Gator

i investigated notty, the killer is among these people:

Faliara
TheWeakGuy48_
Lator_Gator
Hipman500
CaffeinatedKitty
77thShad
erik5456
Aqua

Reactions: Jivvi
D

Deleted member 4601

Buuuut........ Unu got lynched?
It's not like he had any other choice... I think? I'd thought perhaps that list would match up with the list of people who voted for unu, but apparently not.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Eitherway I think we still have 2 choices: shooting you or shooting oog. Then well know if the other is telling the truth. However, if we shoot oog and he is telling the truth we loose a cop. If he isnt, youll be 'confirmed', but with what you explained, you wont likely be killed at night anymore.On the other hand if we shoot you and you are lying, we have a 'confirmed' cop, if you are telling the truth we lynch oog. So i think shooting you is the way to go.
this is objectively the better option but since i know im town im obliged to try and prove my innocence/live until it comes to that point

im almost 86% sure that there will only be one role from each game
based on what evidence?

anyone else wants to CC that by going against any of the other dead people's games
yes please

so if you dont believe my cop report this should be enough tbh
i dont understand how

also i dont believe the convenient timing of magically finding the role right after claiming to look more innocent
this is a wifom and you know it

also i dont like the fact that, if jivvi is the vampire, he doesnt turn into a good role when he's shot during day since that's kinda bad design imo
i've been saying this since my claim post. if i wanted a more convincing claim i would have said that i still convert from daykills. a large portion of my frustration with this setup comes from my janky-ass role (as i already said)

i was worried about being insane/paranoid before (also i only looked so far back like 2-3 pages in archived games and lost in fog + c9++ were the only games i found with a vanilla cop and they had no modifiers so)
i definitely remember one or two games with non vanilla cops (i was lazy cop in pirates vs cowboys, there might have been an insane one too icr)