The Chronicles of Mafia - GAME OVER - MASONS WIN

Faliara

Reaction score
nghhh
you know what

The Fence is shown to be able to use paragraphs, right? With proper spacing. Assuming the ominous messages about possession and whatnot is also from the Fence, it clearly doesn't have separate paragraphs. If that were me, I'd use separate paragraphs. I'd do it something like this (I'm crossreferencing from my own convo and the start of the game's flavour text, by the way);

[Purple fog begins to fill the area. Looking down, you realize it's coming from below the platform- and that's when the lights go out.

You feel something breathe down your neck.

"I have no choice..." A voice whispers anxiously. "One of you... I have to take one of you..."

The lights flash on again, blinding you for a moment. Whatever presence was there earlier, it has left.

You shake. Looking around, you see that many others share your agitation.]

[It was dark. Of course it was; all the lights were off.

Through the darkness, however, you see a creature appear in the middle of the platform. Something was circling around it- you soon realize that it was the soul of Unusual_dood.

"One..." the creature whispers. You recognize its voice from before. "I have to take one... To please my master..." The creature reached out, and grabbed the deceased jailer's soul with its clawed, gnarled hand. "This one will suffice for today..."

Suddenly, the creature let out a growl. A spotlight flickered on, resting its light on Arelic.

"You," it snarled, its glare resting on her. "Why didn't you use the gun? Runemen4, Dess, TheWeakGuy48_... They all deserved to die".

The creature began to fade. "They failed the tasks bestowed upon them," it hissed. And then it was gone- the soul of Unu taken along with it.

You worry what the night will bring.]

the point is

i wouldn't type it the way this person is typing it

... also, i don't think i would have gone for a creature. i think i'd have gone for a spirit, or a demon. this one isn't bad, though! maybe even works a little nicer with the setting, considering the ginger person and the crusty alien were actually sitting on thrones in the flavour text at the start of the game. maybe... use the elevator mentioned? maybe, uh, walk out through the elevator after collecting unu's soul. or maybe the middle of the platform was a trap door and the creature jumps through it, or something.

oh god im supposed to be asleep its 4am i have school

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But others players won't be able to know if its a direct quote from the PM if they can't see it:thinking:
That isn't why the rule was added

But tbh I thought about it some more and my reasoning behind asking for it to fog is sort of flawed and unlikely to help, so I think we'll remove it and let you copy paste again (just need fog to confirm that but I imagine he will since I don't think he even understood my reasoning to ban it to begin with)

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score

But tbh I thought about it some more and my reasoning behind asking for it to fog is sort of flawed and unlikely to help, so I think we'll remove it and let you copy paste again (just need fog to confirm that but I imagine he will since I don't think he even understood my reasoning to ban it to begin with)
why did you even want to ban it

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com

10/10

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Let's all refuse to do what inf and fog say they can't modkill all of us!
RIGHT THAT IS IT I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU YOUNG MAN!!!

Aqua Has been modkilled by the hosts

Your memory becomes a little more disturbed

This is a joke... well I mean Aqua himself is a joke but it isn't a real modkill <3

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
RIGHT THAT IS IT I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU YOUNG MAN!!!

Aqua Has been modkilled by the hosts

Your memory becomes a little more disturbed

This is a joke... well I mean Aqua himself is a joke but it isn't a real modkill <3

I think this is the nicest thing you've ever done for me :inlove:

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
this tbh
in an ideal world claire is town and rune is mafia BUT im thinking the real scenario is more likely claire is the fence and rune is town
like i know what rune did was extremely suspicious but truthfully if people have not learnt by now to not trust messenger roles in exposing their alignment as mafia then idk
only thing holding me back from thinking rune is town is that his whole explanation of the thing has been so over the place and im pretty sure stuff hasn't ligned up™ properly but i havent studied them in detail

onto me drama
fence sent me a message (they literally signed 'the fence' and the post format mimics those that inf sent raxo that i linked before (them saying 'dear [name]' and stuff))
they admitted to being fence, told me that they dont know what to do and what advice: to side with town put town in next message, with mafia put mafia & warned me to not share their message since it wouldn't benefit me & said that i can reveal my own alignment if i want by writing blue for town and red for mafia

this message feels kinda off to me tbh
i dont get why the whole 'which alignment should i side with???' was separate to 'what alignment are you???' like surely i would pick the same thing or what
also i felt minorly threatened by the whole 'it wont benefit you!!!' thing and so you can trot off i will do what i want!
and in one scenario where i am town i would be scared to put town & blue in the fear that the fence just wants to mess with me for exposing them as the fence (maybe im just self absorbed here tbh) and then side with mafia instead, and likewise in another scenario where im mafia
also they didnt give me an option for third party which i found interesting

back onto the arelic/rune/dess/twg drama
Arelic Runemen4 Dess (twg said he didnt get a message so i guess i wont tag him)
can ALL OF YOU paraphrase the fence messages you received & rune especially can you type up a proper post where you explain everything you've done included the paraphrased message since honestly you've been so suspicious currently but i feel like you being mafia is too easy

also i have a feeling on aqua being scum by how easily hes gone along with the unu vote yesterday (he said stuff about sploorky being too hard on unu but then completely disregarded it saying he read sploorkys posts wrong) as well as the rune vote today
Might as well claim, I am the Citizen; I have a 2 out of 5 chance of being a dissident (scum) on cop reports.

I was supposed to in my message claim my role, which I didn't because it was too early to claim tbh. I pretty much figured out what Arelic's task was because she talked about alignment which wasn't my task. What happened was that the spooky monster came to me, asked for my role and to include it in the post and said if I didn't do the task, it would do something to me at the night (I assumed to kill me). There's not really a lot to talk about the task itself tbf.

So when I did post, I pretty much for fun included an anagram of MAFIA and included 3p because it's day 0 and everyone fucks and I like to see what people would react to if they did see the anagram since Inf done it before and it was pretty funny. So, because I didn't complete my task; I'm guessing that Arelic did her task first which got her the gun.

Secondly, I was a bit confused because I personally thought that if someone did complete the task first; it would apply it to everyone which is what it sounds like because the message that Arelic talks about is singular, meaning that Fence is now considering it as a single task. If this is the case, I would have failed anyway because the fence would have seen both the anagram which is pretty bloody obvious and also saw 3p; making me fail the task as I didn't put town as the alignment. It would have also failed me because I mention serial killer in the post; which isn't my role and would therefore disqualify me.

What confuses me about Arelic is that she's super willing to trust this Fence, because she completed said task first and yet STILL hasn't revealed her alignment, I'll keep going on about this, but she STILL hasn't revealed it so I can see her being the Fence because she would have to claim 3p. Also, I didn't really read properly but Weak never apparently got a task; in which he's a) lying about it b) proves that everyone got different tasks but the monster just ignored Weak?

Cop can go ahead and investigate me, because of the ability of my role. If it shows up as scum, I don't care being lynched because I bet that it'll show as inno and getting scum would be 2/5; which is pretty unlucky for me.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua
G

Guest35486

What confuses me about Arelic is that she's super willing to trust this Fence, because she completed said task first and yet STILL hasn't revealed her alignment, I'll keep going on about this, but she STILL hasn't revealed it so I can see her being the Fence because she would have to claim 3p. Also, I didn't really read properly but Weak never apparently got a task; in which he's a) lying about it b) proves that everyone got different tasks but the monster just ignored Weak?
ok im town what now

idk how you think im very trusting of this fence when i literally answered their question without revealing anything. you’re the only one that wants an answer out of me even though answering it basically solves nothing

i also explained why im not the fence like twice

does anyone recognize rune’s claim from any game

also @fence ur actually the worst why can’t you send that latest message to more people (that will admit they got it) ik you’re undecided as a 3p or just using that as a tactic really but i thought if you used my name instead of directly addressing me in a message, someone else got it too

G

Guest35486

here’s that message btw

"Dear Arelic,

Dess and Runemen4 are both lying. I gave Dess and Runemen4 the same task as I gave Arelic: claiming their allignment by mentioning it in their next post. What reason Dess and Runemen4 could have for lying about their task I am not sure. I only send the task to Dess, Runemen4 and Arelic. In later posts I also said I send the task to TheWeakGuy48_, but this is not true.

Also, Arelic got the gun for completing the task first, not because the others failed to do so.

-The Fence"
Dess Runemen4

• Informative
Reactions: digi

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
that sounds like a really convenient claim from the previous game
just because it was last game doesn't mean it isn't possible for it to be in this one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ plus as someone who had it I was gonna scream if I got investigated and lynched while playing a distinctly uninteresting role because I happened to be one of the two, so any frustration makes sense.

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_
G

Guest35486

just because it was last game doesn't mean it isn't possible for it to be in this one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ plus as someone who had it I was gonna scream if I got investigated and lynched while playing a distinctly uninteresting role because I happened to be one of the two, so any frustration makes sense.
while i agree that the role can be frustrating to play, his role doesn’t explain his posts or reasoning. the main reasons for lynching him are not based on this claim. (i also feel like the latest game would not be included based on how long it takes to set up a game but i can be wrong)

• Agree
Reactions: Mooglie