The Chronicles of Mafia - GAME OVER - MASONS WIN

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
while i agree that the role can be frustrating to play, his role doesn’t explain his posts or reasoning. the main reasons for lynching him are not based on this claim. (i also feel like the latest game would not be included based on how long it takes to set up a game but i can be wrong)
fair point; it's been a while since my attempt to set one up so I forgot about that. though it has been roughly two months since that game first started, there's still a definite chance that it's not involved at all.

however, in regards to the fence, they're a 3p and they could definitely be lying just to try and off people, especially considering that they confessed to lying about something else in the message you received.

G

Guest35486

however, in regards to the fence, they're a 3p and they could definitely be lying just to try and off people, especially considering that they confessed to lying about something else in the message you received.
im aware, but rune's response to the whole situation makes me more inclined to believe that the fence gave out the same task and rune is trying to defend himself because he spelt mafia in his post

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
like i know foggys game was being set up before both instances of republic but it's still possible that he put that form of citizen in the set up but i also don't know the logistics of rune getting that role in both games but at the same time it's such a lazy fake bad claim that maybe it's real (tbh 99% of my rune defense is that he can't possibly be this suspicious if he was scum)

also a lot of people voting rune are the same that voted unu (from memory) and although mafia are in a good position to bus someone probably it just seems off

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also rune isn't doing his typical town defense of like screenshotting things then putting a red ring around it which is also weird

but then why would a mafia fake claim citizen and not like something that people would care about mislynching -> 'wifom' i guess BUT DOES THAT SEEM LIKE RUNE

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I still think people are focusing too much on what the fence is saying, but despite that citizen isn't really a great claim to make - if anyone has a gun can they shoot rune instead? He could be grandfather if he's happy to be investigated? That or he is actually citizen idk

G

Guest35486

I still think people are focusing too much on what the fence is saying, but despite that citizen isn't really a great claim to make - if anyone has a gun can they shoot rune instead? He could be grandfather if he's happy to be investigated? That or he is actually citizen idk
imo it's not really what the fence is saying but rather the people's responses to them

it's likely that the fence hasn't given out a gun or a mafia member has it if nothing's been mentioned so far

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
here’s that message btw

Dess Runemen4
Now I don't know about this but I can promise you that I am not lying about what my task was. In doing a quick review of the game that the fence was introduced in it said they joint win with mafia right? I think it could be a logical assumption (if they can send pm's to only mafia members without knowing who they are) that they are working with mafia atm and are trying to eliminate as many townies as they possibly can.

I don't know what benefit they would get from lying to you especially if they haven't given a gun to anybody today.

Sploorky

Reaction score
I was supposed to in my message claim my role, which I didn't because it was too early to claim tbh. I pretty much figured out what Arelic's task was because she talked about alignment which wasn't my task. What happened was that the spooky monster came to me, asked for my role and to include it in the post and said if I didn't do the task, it would do something to me at the night (I assumed to kill me). There's not really a lot to talk about the task itself tbf.
I thought your task was to claim a role that wasn't yours?

I've said already that my task is different from your own; since it's no longer the night; I guess I'll say that my task is that I had to claim a role which wasn't my own or be killed. Which is why I didn't want to do the task as someone could just CC me and I'll look fishy asf and again had no time.
Why does your story not match up?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
if they can send pm's to only mafia members without knowing who they are
in the original game the fence could send a message to a role without knowing who had that role (since it was an open setup) so im wondering if that whole mechanic was removed for the closed setup, or if it's been modified to alignment or if the mechanic still exists and they could, for example if we believe runes claim, they could send it to 'citizen' and rune would receive the message

i doubt the mechanic still exists unmodified since if the fence chose to side with town, then a mass claim would lead to the fence being able to validate each role in a day by sending them something to put in their next post to confirm they actually have that role which is fairly OP but it is down to what the fence wants to do

Sploorky

Reaction score
in the original game the fence could send a message to a role without knowing who had that role (since it was an open setup) so im wondering if that whole mechanic was removed for the closed setup, or if it's been modified to alignment or if the mechanic still exists and they could, for example if we believe runes claim, they could send it to 'citizen' and rune would receive the message

i doubt the mechanic still exists unmodified since if the fence chose to side with town, then a mass claim would lead to the fence being able to validate each role in a day by sending them something to put in their next post to confirm they actually have that role which is fairly OP but it is down to what the fence wants to do
The fence sent both of us a message directly addressed to us

It's definitely modified to target specific players now

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
also rune isn't doing his typical town defense of like screenshotting things then putting a red ring around it which is also weird

but then why would a mafia fake claim citizen and not like something that people would care about mislynching -> 'wifom' i guess BUT DOES THAT SEEM LIKE RUNE

In all seriousness, I didn't screenshot because I made the post pretty late; so no time to actually make screenshots etc.
I thought your task was to claim a role that wasn't yours?

Why does your story not match up?

I still don't know if the threat of the monster is still valid, and if you revealed your task etc; you would be killed by the monster; sorta like a serial killer + fence role who can decide to kill someone IF they fail a task etc.

G

Guest35486

I still don't know if the threat of the monster is still valid, and if you revealed your task etc; you would be killed by the monster; sorta like a serial killer + fence role who can decide to kill someone IF they fail a task etc.
but also idk why you're still unsure when it's pretty much confirmed that the roles are the same as previous games and you already "failed the task" according to yourself because you didn't claim a role?

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I did mention earlier that I was for a rune lynch. His actions are continuously going against what he said initially saying that first he had to claim a role that wasn't his. Then he said he was surprised it didn't work when he named an alignment. This in addition to pushing arelic when we have no reason to push her makes me VERY suspicious of you. As such I'm going to go ahead and

vote runemen