Republic - Completed

Sploorky

Reaction score
What about his lies he told + his lack of contribution? Don't you find that suspicious?
I forgot about the lies so I reread the last few pages and it can lend itself to being scummy and is definitely something to keep an open mind for, but I don't think the severity of the lies immediately insinuates that he is mafia. I might be missing something though, if you want to summarize what happened exactly I would appreciate that. Lack of contribution I can give the benefit of a doubt for on the first day, there's a lot of people who haven't contributed a lot today.

Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I forgot about the lies so I reread the last few pages and it can lend itself to being scummy and is definitely something to keep an open mind for, but I don't think the severity of the lies immediately insinuates that he is mafia. I might be missing something though, if you want to summarize what happened exactly I would appreciate that. Lack of contribution I can give the benefit of a doubt for on the first day, there's a lot of people who haven't contributed a lot today.
I don't think you're missing anything

He's just got a completely different attitude to last game + has lied when it made him look town

I ask mostly because I think you and him could be mafia together and I find it interesting how you both had 'no opinion' and how you 'forgot' he lied when I feel like an actively scum-hunting townie would kind of make a mental note of that kind of thing

I could just be tunnel-visioning but you're both suspicious to me

• Disagree

Sploorky

Reaction score
I don't think you're missing anything

He's just got a completely different attitude to last game + has lied when it made him look town

I ask mostly because I think you and him could be mafia together and I find it interesting how you both had 'no opinion' and how you 'forgot' he lied when I feel like an actively scum-hunting townie would kind of make a mental note of that kind of thing

I could just be tunnel-visioning but you're both suspicious to me
I think you're tunnel-visioning. I genuinely forgot, I was playing video games the past hour, checked the forums, saw you tagged me, and responded with my initial feelings(no strong feelings either way).

I don't think scrable ever said he had no opinion of me? Quote if I'm wrong but I don't remember that, and if he didn't say that then I just want to bring up that multiple times you've claimed I've said or believed things that I never said, which is just insanely frustrating.

I didn't pay attention to scrable last game, and I think while looking at patterns between games is fine, you can't rely on that alone because real life stuff affects attitude too. I'm pretty sure Scrable said he had finals and hadn't slept?

To be clear, I'm not defending him, and you're right that the lying isn't something we should ignore, but you're trying to create a link between us that just isn't there

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think you're tunnel-visioning. I genuinely forgot, I was playing video games the past hour, checked the forums, saw you tagged me, and responded with my initial feelings(no strong feelings either way).

I don't think scrable ever said he had no opinion of me? Quote if I'm wrong but I don't remember that, and if he didn't say that then I just want to bring up that multiple times you've claimed I've said or believed things that I never said, which is just insanely frustrating.
Also what's your opinion on Sploorky?
No opinion on him currently.
Also when did I claim you said something which you didn't? The only time you said that happened was when I said you said that I suddenly thought autocracy was the way to win, and you said you didn't say that, even though you did (because by 'the way to win' was me saying the only way, so that's what I was saying), so I thought that was cleared up since you didn't mention it again?

I didn't pay attention to scrable last game, and I think while looking at patterns between games is fine, you can't rely on that alone because real life stuff affects attitude too. I'm pretty sure Scrable said he had finals and hadn't slept?
That's fair enough but I think it's good to still look into drastic changes, and that combined with his lying makes him more suspicious to me

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Tbh, and I fully regret saying this, inf's current attitude is reading town to me. I am aware his play style has changed drastically this game so whether all of this is to try and feign innocence. But he is acting like townie inf especially with his relationship with sploorky who is reading kinda scummy atm.

Notty's still scum af tho

Sploorky

Reaction score
Also when did I claim you said something which you didn't? The only time you said that happened was when I said you said that I suddenly thought autocracy was the way to win, and you said you didn't say that, even though you did (because by 'the way to win' was me saying the only way, so that's what I was saying), so I thought that was cleared up since you didn't mention it again?
That exchange was what I was talking about, I didn't respond because I wasn't going to argue if 'the way to win' meant the best or the only

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Tbh, and I fully regret saying this, inf's current attitude is reading town to me. I am aware his play style has changed drastically this game so whether all of this is to try and feign innocence. But he is acting like townie inf especially with his relationship with sploorky who is reading kinda scummy atm.

Notty's still scum af tho
Thats ok I'm going to be the dictator tonight and personally murder you

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Jivvi myusername22 if you could pls vote for ender so council doesn't have an aneurysm tonight that'd be a++
My reads so far based entirely on gut feelings are aqua and danni are anti town. This is really early and could easily be wrong, but i'm on page 25.

Currently thinking ender's a good choice. I'll vote for him and myself to the council just let me finish catching up in case something crazy happened in the next 15 pages.

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My reads so far based entirely on gut feelings are aqua and danni are anti town. This is really early and could easily be wrong, but i'm on page 25.

Currently thinking ender's a good choice. I'll vote for him and myself to the council just let me finish catching up in case something crazy happened in the next 15 pages.
WHY ARE YOU SO INSISTENT ON BEING IN THE COUNCIL

also you have like 0 votes so it will be a waste so you should vote notty to secure her place!

Sploorky

Reaction score
see that democracy is better for you (maybe since you just see your mafia buddies like sploorky cough going for democracy since you haven't read the thread so surely wouldn't be able to form an actual opinion on democracy)
I was going to call this out because I never went for democracy, I wanted to be able to naturally switch between democracy and autocracy, but I realized I was splitting hairs

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
WHY ARE YOU SO INSISTENT ON BEING IN THE COUNCIL

also you have like 0 votes so it will be a waste so you should vote notty to secure her place!
That's a fair point, but i'd like to vote against notty. She's probably town, but i don't feel confident on that read at this time, plus I'd like to vote myself onto the council because from my point of view i'm 100% town, but I guess that's meaningless if nobody else can trust me fmpov. Plus, being on the council sounds like fun. Will still consider voting myself, but let me check the current votes first.

Scrable

Reaction score
I swear inffy, I'm going to murder you

I gave you my thoughts, tried to explain them but in the end I don't care enough.

Again I told you, I read the thread, no I did not read the thread for three times, but I did three attempts.

I now am on the same level as last time, also... you want scumreads? Wait till next day and I will give you a full list.
Although your drilling bothers me a lot

Mafia killing dictator immediately will likely only happen once because otherwise they risk the 3p winning but I've said this a thousand times so I'm not about to get into that again
3p winning might be preferred over town winning, keep that in mind.

I still trust my intuition, but it needs something to work with. Currently I'm too uncertain of what roles people here have. Although somehow it does make me suspicious of you inffy. Your heavy posting as well as your nosy attitude are quite different from last time.

Actually this is quite funny how on the one hand you are telling me that i didn't read anything and just intuitively go for democracy because obviously Sploorky is an ol pal of mine and what he says I say too... But on the other you ask where my intuition is.
What is your aim here?

tbf i got lazy with quotes, so insert them yourself

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Ok I think I've finally caught up. Well, I've mostly read through everything, took me about 2 hours, although I didn't really read a lot of the back and forwards style arguments. Actually Infected_alien8_ can you actually get a proper bed time because its much easier to keep when its day time and not waking up to 20 pages kthx

Pretty much I have no clue what strat is best out of whats been suggested - its really difficult to follow all the arguments for each different strategy, especially as they span 30 pages. Whatever strategy we go with, I do think it would be useful to have 1 person (maybe more?) on the council who's suspicious. We don't really know whats going to happen in the council (think back to previously). If they choose to go directly for a dictatorship, then even if we had a mafia it doesn't matter, town still have enough votes. If they went for a democracy then at least we'd have one suspicious person to lynch the next day.

I can't really say who's particularly suspicious right now, but I do feel like a fair few people are kinda just slipping under the radar a bit (Scrable, Sploorky, weak, UNU, myu, listings, 77th, fog, roob)...though I swear its like 6 or so players that just post everything

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
can you actually get a proper bed time because its much easier to keep when its day time and not waking up to 20 pages kthx
I mean it would only be 10 pages if you didnt sleep for 48 hours

(kinda singeling you out here but theres only 8 new pages in the last 24 hours and people should read instead of coming into the thread after 2+ days and saying 30 pages appear overnight since youre like the 5th person to say this)