Republic - Completed

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
also if we're going democracy is it better to have 3 town in the council to allow the subpoenad player to claim safely or have 2 town and 1 of the scumreads so that one of the scumreads is blocked, since i also don't think theres a way that both 2 town players can die in the same night under democracy so we just trust the alignment that the remaining town guy claims the subpoenad guy was
3 town is the bare minumum for our council as I said like 30 pages back.

You must have a majority vote within the council so you must have 3 confirmed town. Velz may be town, but I don't think they even know themselves so I'm not voting them in.
Also if we're going autocracy the dictator can just outright murder Inf doesn't that sound appealing Hunter
As great as that would be, I'd rather have 3 potential dissidents forced to skip their night actions. That's a big plus for town.

All this talk about autocracy is a little worrying, maybe my faith in you was misplaced? Who wouldn't want to disable the dudes who can kill us? Plus the way the votes are going it looks like Inf will be the pick of the representatives to be killed for the sacrifice if the democracy holds anyway... Hunter/Velz/Fal have it pretty set, I'm assuming Ender is on there as he's suspect too, will have to read back but inf seems to have stuck their neck out too far with all the posting. I don't think it will end well.

I'll put HK or Aquas name forward for a subpoena, want to know I can back them as I'm not sure right now.

Scrable

Reaction score
scrable's been so ODD and different compared to last game and extra useless & rune has literally done nothing
also on the scrable subject he posted something about rereading the thread again which means he would have read through the entirety of it 3 times and i genuinely dont think anyone is sad enough to do that & he has made literally 0 useful posts on anything (from memory) so i feel like he's just saying that to maintain a perception of him being active so he stays out of the limelight and out of the lurker pool which seems to be the safe zone of not being elected to a democratic council at least
You're correct that I'm behaving "odd". I didn't sleep well for the past 3 days and also still have lots of catching up to do with physics. And rereading the thread three times, yeah as if I would be doing that. No I wrote that and then tried to reread it, got bored, and proceeded to do something else.

Although my activity and usefulness: This is the "second" time I play mafia and if you would kindly compare how I behaved previously and behave now, that is: Write random shit, write my opinion barely explaining it and that's it.
Sometimes you might consider it useful, sometimes useless. What can I say?
Afterall inffy mentioned how "different" acting I am. Maybe I am employing a new strategy, maybe I'm just intuitively reacting to things like right now or maybe this "different acting" is actually not true.

Because what is there to talk about? Somehow for me this stuff is irrelevant.
So you want something "useful" from me? Here:
I'll just say democracy because we will have better chances there, or at least that depends on who appears in the council.
Reconsidering: Having only town in council might give a good reason to go dictator, but for that all 5 reps would have to be known townies.(or someone fucking up the game) Be it Democracy or Authocracy in the end will depend on the Council anyway, since they will have more or less the full information to act upon.

Btw, democracy into dictatorship means skipping one potential mafiakill
And then killing dictator will mean skipping another potential mafiakill
We already had talked about that thing last game as well

Also I'm kinda done with this Com, didn't want to ruin the game by simply disappearing though.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i think he's talking about the court

You must have a majority vote within the council so you must have 3 confirmed town. Velz may be town, but I don't think they even know themselves so I'm not voting them in.
velz is uncc'd what are you talking about

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Opinions from the last 5 pages before I go to uni:

Sploorky acting weirdly defensive, I know he's being drilled by inf which can be infuriating but still think it's notable

Ltin is being dumb and doing nonsensical dumb things, HOWEVER, this shouts townie to me usually because mafia Ltin tends to sheep hard so him actually having a voice, even if it's a bad one seems more townie.

Fog is maf with inf

scrable is really weird but that's just scrable. Finding it hard to read him tbh.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Also I believe keeping ender in a democratic council if he is the rev (which that will prove as there won't be a rev kill tonight if we're in a democracy) is our best move, it will stop him from being able to nightkill or win. He'll basically become a cute mascot <3

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Also I believe keeping ender in a democratic council if he is the rev (which that will prove as there won't be a rev kill tonight if we're in a democracy) is our best move, it will stop him from being able to nightkill or win. He'll basically become a cute mascot <3
We all know HK is the rev Aqua

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Elect: Scrable, Sploorky

I agree with Aqua that ltin seems town this game

I'll do the rest of my votes later

I think having 2 confirmed and 1 Mafia is probs the best idea since whilst blocking Mafia is useful the only time it's going to help us find Mafia is if we block poisoned but Mafia could just choose not to poison to frame someone too so

But Ive just woken up so my opinion on that might change

• Informative
Reactions: Aqua

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You're correct that I'm behaving "odd". I didn't sleep well for the past 3 days and also still have lots of catching up to do with physics. And rereading the thread three times, yeah as if I would be doing that. No I wrote that and then tried to reread it, got bored, and proceeded to do something else.
So you decided to lie about re-reading the thread already before giving your opinion on democracy vs autocracy, and funnily enough siding with democracy

Why would you even lie about that

Scrable

Reaction score
So you decided to lie about re-reading the thread already before giving your opinion on democracy vs autocracy, and funnily enough siding with democracy

Why would you even lie about that
Because I was tired, also I already was convinced that democracy will be the best way to go.
Just didn't know what people wrote previously.
Is it really lying though? Anyway, with the third time I actually managed to force myself to read your posts.
I mean jesus, the amount you write.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Because I was tired, also I already was convinced that democracy will be the best way to go.
Just didn't know what people wrote previously.
Is it really lying though? Anyway, with the third time I actually managed to force myself to read your posts.
It is lying yes, when you literally tell everyone you've re-read the thread, are presumably informed about the different arguments, and then take a side of democracy

Being convinced democracy is the way to go without even reading the thread sounds like mafia who's just trying to go with the lesser option

So you've now read it a third time???

Also what's your opinion on Sploorky?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also now that I'm actually awake I think blocking mafia poisoner should be our #1 priority and I think we should ditch the 100% instant-accurate reports (we'll know if they're likely accurate later on anyway) in an attempt to isolate the poisoner because in democracy without the poisoner dead, even with a decent cop system, I can't see us realistically winning

Having poisoner dead actually gives us a shot

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Scrable

Reaction score
It is lying yes, when you literally tell everyone you've re-read the thread, are presumably informed about the different arguments, and then take a side of democracy

Being convinced democracy is the way to go without even reading the thread sounds like mafia who's just trying to go with the lesser option

So you've now read it a third time???

Also what's your opinion on Sploorky?
:shrug:
Ofc everything has to sound like mafia. This is just my intuition speaking, why exactly should democracy be better? I pointed it out in one of my posts, pretty major actually.
Not really going with the lesser option, otherwise why would I go with it? How would you handle a dictatorship, which will implicate a no lynch for town + a dictator which will highly likely die on the same day...

I read it a first time, I can understand though how you can mishear "first" as "third".

No opinion on him currently.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I read it a first time, I can understand though how you can mishear "first" as "third".
Yeah I must have misheard you my bad???

I mean I don't really understand how that even makes sense if you replace 'third' with 'first' since you said it as if you didn't read my posts before but then managed to make yourself

Not really going with the lesser option, otherwise why would I go with it?
To make your life easier if you're mafia

No opinion on him currently.
Have you got an opinion on anyone? Since last game you had reads on people, this game you seem to have done no scumhunting at all

• Agree
Reactions: HKCaper

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score

velz is 100% town unless one of the 3 roles we're having people claim to be one of has chosen to throw the game

3 town is the bare minimum to make up the representatives (of the 5 people), but only 3 of these people go to court along with whoever they choose to subpoena & only those 4 people (3 representatives + subpoenad person) are blocked, so the other 2 representatives can just go do whatever their night actions are

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Also now that I'm actually awake I think blocking mafia poisoner should be our #1 priority and I think we should ditch the 100% instant-accurate reports (we'll know if they're likely accurate later on anyway) in an attempt to isolate the poisoner because in democracy without the poisoner dead, even with a decent cop system, I can't see us realistically winning

Having poisoner dead actually gives us a shot
tbh this is an interesting thought
we've all been looking at the council as a group cop but what if it was a group ROLEBLOCK (this idea even feels dumb as im typing it)

when the 5 representatives (hunter/fali/velz/???/???) are elected, in their evening chat thing they choose which one of the 3 proven go to court and who to subpoena, then they take both unproven people to form the 3 person council

best case scenario, the two ??? and the subpoenad player are all mafia (one being gula) and choose to not kill the proven representative with them for whatever reason (maybe the subpoenad player is the godfather) resulting in 5 mafia being blocked in total (2 ???, subpoenad, 2 more carrying out the mafia night kill) and an 'accurate' report from the representative (i mean it would show the godfather as innocent but whatever the representative is still alive!!)

it's probably likely that the representative going with them will be killed off BUT this would also suggest that one of the two ??? are mafia since who would they know to kill but we do lose a report by doing this

i just dont know if in this setup where 2 citizens appear mafia & 2 scum appear town (godfather + revo) if getting peoples alignment outweighs the benefits of possibly blocking 5 mafia (i mean this is pretty unlikely it would really be like 1 probably) since this setup's mafia are very strong power roles

• Winner
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh this is an interesting thought
we've all been looking at the council as a group cop but what if it was a group ROLEBLOCK (this idea even feels dumb as im typing it)

when the 5 representatives (hunter/fali/velz/???/???) are elected, in their evening chat thing they choose which one of the 3 proven go to court and who to subpoena, then they take both unproven people to form the 3 person council

best case scenario, the two ??? and the subpoenad player are all mafia (one being gula) and choose to not kill the proven representative with them for whatever reason (maybe the subpoenad player is the godfather) resulting in 5 mafia being blocked in total (2 ???, subpoenad, 2 more carrying out the mafia night kill) and an 'accurate' report from the representative (i mean it would show the godfather as innocent but whatever the representative is still alive!!)

it's probably likely that the representative going with them will be killed off BUT this would also suggest that one of the two ??? are mafia since who would they know to kill but we do lose a report by doing this

i just dont know if in this setup where 2 citizens appear mafia & 2 scum appear town (godfather + revo) if getting peoples alignment outweighs the benefits of possibly blocking 5 mafia (i mean this is pretty unlikely it would really be like 1 probably) since this setup's mafia are very strong power roles
Yeah I think this would be the best way to use the council actually

I think Listings has been trying to say something similar but I remember saying about how we'd end up not getting a report but if we manage to block the poisonor then we get more mislynches = reports aren't as valuable anyway

If we don't find poisonor and we get accurate reports it's highly unlikely to get us mafia each time anyway either, meaning it'd probably be better to do it like this