CAPITALISM MAFIA

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Why the 180? I'm pretty sure like 2 pages ago I was your strongest town-read
That's how the game works, especially in open setups.
And what "scummy things" have I done exactly?
Immediately voting Rune today, trolling town by not talking for a long time on day 1, kinda starting shit with other ppl which creates a lot of confusion.
And why are you actually believing rune's Canadian claim?
Because it kinda makes sense, for now that's enough for me.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
That's how the game works, especially in open setups.
:thinking:

Or is it that you forgot you town-read me earlier and slipped?

Immediately voting Rune today,
I voted rune because he's my next suspect. How is that scummy?
trolling town by not talking for a long time on day 1
Me not talking gave me several reads, including my read on Aqua. Me not speaking made me lead a lynch on the Godfather. How exactly is me not speaking scummy again?

kinda starting shit with other ppl which creates a lot of confusion.
I get reads from people speaking. I get people to speak by speaking to them and provoking them. I'm sorry if it causes confusion, personally I don't think it does but I guess it's easier to understand what's being said if you're in the thick of it, but I do think it's helpful to town because ultimately it gets me reads. The Godfather is dead. If I didn't a) not speak or b) not interrogate Aqua, I'm not sure if that would have happened.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well looks like it's a new day!
The reason I suspect TWG is because Unu always magically knows his alignment
So your main reason for a lynch on me is that unu "had a feeling about me"? (which btw is totally incorrect!) Just because he has been right all previous times, doesn't mean that he is right this time?

Also for who I think is suspicious, I don't really suspect anyone right now (maybe danni because he has played so passive and is trying to be friends with most)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well looks like it's a new day!

So your main reason for a lynch on me is that unu "had a feeling about me"? (which btw is totally incorrect!) Just because he has been right all previous times, doesn't mean that he is right this time?

Also for who I think is suspicious, I don't really suspect anyone right now (maybe danni because he has played so passive and is trying to be friends with most)
My reason for being suspicious of you is that yes. I know it's kind of a trash reason but we haven't got much else besides Rune's scummy behavior.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Im pretty certain Inffy is town..

..JOKE

I think he's actually a strong suspect for autocrat or SK (assuming they are in) and maybe even mafia.
Been doing quite scummy things even though he has helped hunt down Aqua, it wouldn't surprise me he's 3rd party taking out maf or mafia team with Aqua mindgaming us. Until Infected_alien8_ claims his role I'm keeping my vote.

vote Infected_alien8_
This really surprised me, mostly becuase it was exactly like you were reading mymind.

I have been thinking a bit about who the autocrat could be and the only one who came to mind was inffy, weird we had the same thought

erik5456

Reaction score
I never get email notifications from the forums anymore RIP.
Anyways, it is quite late and I'm very tired so I'll try my best to formulate an actual response to everything to the best of my ability.

First of all, something that I feel we really need to determine here is the autocrat. They've missed townies twice now which I'm sure they're not too happy about either. We have to figure out who the autocrat is and kill them soon. How soon is the question? Can we ignore them for now and focus on the problem that is the mafia? Well I think that requires a bit more game analysis regarding game size. If we had 18 players, I'd personally guess around 4-5 of them in total would be mafia (Not some crazy voodoo number I've conjured because I'm mafia but more just some thing I'd personally implement if I were running a game with 18 players). This means that we need to make sure that at any given night, we have at least 2 mafia alive. This is because of the fact that if the autocrat manages to kill the last remaining mafia in the night then they steal the win from the town.

Personally, I'd say we do some detective work and figure out who it is before all else. From there, we let them live and hope they'll benefit the town since they still want to win by trying to kill mafia during the night. Then when we have approx 2 mafia's left, we lynch the autocrat and try to move on from there. This is looking a solid 2-3 days deeper though which means that we will eventually need a PR or two to come forward and help us with more information since otherwise we're just shooting blanks in the dark. My best guess has already been voiced for who the autocrat is: Infected_Alien.

It would make sense to attempt to lay low at first as the autocrat. Not pull much attention to yourself and try to seem like an ordinary townie. But if Infy is the autocrat then he accidentally took it 1 step too far. He stayed silent for a while attempting to even push discussion about why he was silenced. Honestly if it hadn't been for the day grinding to a stop discussion wise, I think he may have gone even longer without speaking. But then he instantly jumps into action and pushes town into discussion and trying to do things. An extremely unconventional tactic that then simply leads into Infy doing what he seems to regularly do in mafia games? Fine I'd believe it meant nothing IF nothing like an autocrat were present. Alongside this, what better place to hide from the town then at the front leading it? When everyone seems to believe you're 100% confirmed townie, no one would suddenly flip and call you out as the autocrat.

For now, I'm gonna stick to that as my best guess as to who the autocrat is. If Infy isn't the autocrat well then there may be a point that comes along in the game where the town is losing hard enough that the autocrat has to out themselves and either force someone like Infy to claim or cooperate as the towns "hired killer" so to speak.

Onto Rune, I've already mentioned how i feel like it's TOO convenient that he claims canadian right after Iggish mentions the possibility of Canada being in the game. Easy way for someone to hide and avoid any CC. And then you just say you're the one globally recognized canadian politician (Justin Trudeau) and since no one else seemed to claim canadian there's no way anyone can prove or disprove you. Some of his other behaviour (as mentioned by both Iggish and Infy above) has also looked suspicious. One final thing I'd like to point out, maybe it's my pride (since I am a canadian citizen in real life) or maybe it's because a distinctive lack of any sort of PR influence has occurred, but the odds that someone like Justin Trudeau would be a vanilla townie are near nothing. Rune may have just done that to try and protect himself as a PR and I may be exposing one of our own but it's an important point that needs to be made. If you're going to claim right now when the spotlight is on you, then personally I'm looking for a hard claim with all info including (if this doesn't break PM mechanics) the bolded flavour text you got describing what role you are. You seem the most suspicious and are the most likely to get lynched right now. If you are a town PR then claim, we all pray a doctor exists and tries to save you, and start giving us some info to go off of instead of nothing but hidden town PR's making moves with their knowledge and the rest of us trying to make some sense of everyone's back and forth discussion.

As for Ender's vote on me, hell honestly I don't know what to make of it and don't particularly care (although I still think it's amazing that you won the most extravagant 3rd party way possible). If he's still in the game then all we can do is hope that he decides to side with town and help us instead of randomly bandwagoning and possibly confusing us (pls don't troll us Ender).

Last but certainly not least, TheWeakGuy. I think we're grasping at straws trying to say he's mafia just because Unu claimed so. I mean even Infy says he's grasping at straws when mentioning it but that we don't have more to go off of. Well if we don't have much to go off of, why are we going off of some random strange pattern that's happened over the past few games? Saying TWG has to be mafia this game because of Unu's feelings being right every game before this is like saying that after flipping a coin 4 times and it landing heads, the 5th time also has to land heads. It's not guaranteed and not worth the risk of losing another townie. That being said, I have not read too much into TWG's posts and I feel like i want to go back and see a recap of it all to maybe try and put together what Unu did before he died.

That is all from me. Some thing's I will try to address sometime tomorrow either in school or once I get back are the autocrat's decision in who to kill, a contradiction in my own post here (which I'm not gonna point out till tomorrow for the sake of suspense and as to not push away discussion or thoughts from what I've already brought up), and whatever else comes to mind. If possible, people try and already discuss this so I don't have only my own thoughts to rely on pls

TL;DR: I think we can use the autocrat to our advantage and that Inf is the autocrat, Rune seems suspicious and i want him to hard claim, Ender pls don't troll us, TWG doesn't seem suspicious to me but i need to read more into it, and expect more from me tomorrow.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
About the autocrat, I don't think we should go and look around for him/her. I think this because we shouldn't go around and divert our lynches, in this moment mafia is enemy number one and should take most priority. There's also a chance that the mafia/sk will kill autocrat. When(if) we lynch 2-3 mafia more we should pritize autocrat.

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
About the autocrat, I don't think we should go and look around for him/her. I think this because we shouldn't go around and divert our lynches, in this moment mafia is enemy number one and should take most priority. There's also a chance that the mafia/sk will kill autocrat. When(if) we lynch 2-3 mafia more we should pritize autocrat.
We've already lynched 1 mafia, 2-3 more means 3-4 total which sounds about right for a game this size- which would mean autocrat wins. The problem with lynching mafia is that we can be sure that there's probably a few more, but if we gamble incorrectly we end up giving the victory to the autocrat instead. If we want to target mafia, it's safer to lynch 1-2 then go for autocrat and hope sk/vig doesn't wipe out the last one before autocrat dies.

Iggish

Reaction score
very important detail I forgot

there's an autocrat in the game that is a 3rd party role where if town wins and they're alive they win instead so u gotta find em and every day they're alive I tell y'all so you know (BUT I FORGOT yikes)
erik5456 , how did you jump to the conclusion that the autocrat can kill people? Do you know something we don't?
He mentioned it a few times so it wasn't just a one-off accident or anything. IIRC he also has never mentioned the possibility of the autocrat being able to kill people before now.
This is because of the fact that if the autocrat manages to kill the last remaining mafia in the night
since they still want to win by trying to kill mafia during the night.
Some thing's I will try to address sometime tomorrow either in school or once I get back are the autocrat's decision in who to kill
You also said:
Personally, I'd say we do some detective work and figure out who it is before all else. From there, we let them live and hope they'll benefit the town since they still want to win by trying to kill mafia during the night.
So, we just let the autocrat drift through the game once identifying them and then lynch them towards the end of the day when anything can happen lynch wise and a lot more people are taken out of the equation. Tbh, this is exactly the way the autocrat would think. If he makes the town think that they have falsely identified the autocrat, then there won't be any pressure on him and then he can snatch the game at the end.

Just before this post of yours, the idea that Inffy could be the autocrat had picked up a bit of steam. It could just be a coincidence but I find it a bit too convenient that you made this post when you did.
I think he's actually a strong suspect for autocrat or SK (assuming they are in) and maybe even mafia.
This really surprised me, mostly becuase it was exactly like you were reading mymind.

I have been thinking a bit about who the autocrat could be and the only one who came to mind was inffy, weird we had the same thought
Also you said this:
Anyways, it is quite late and I'm very tired
Which makes me think even more that you slipped. I know I said that I strongly town read you but I think this is a slip.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Rune and Vatumok

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
erik5456 , how did you jump to the conclusion that the autocrat can kill people? Do you know something we don't?
He mentioned it a few times so it wasn't just a one-off accident or anything. IIRC he also has never mentioned the possibility of the autocrat being able to kill people before now.

You also said:

So, we just let the autocrat drift through the game once identifying them and then lynch them towards the end of the day when anything can happen lynch wise and a lot more people are taken out of the equation. Tbh, this is exactly the way the autocrat would think. If he makes the town think that they have falsely identified the autocrat, then there won't be any pressure on him and then he can snatch the game at the end.

Just before this post of yours, the idea that Inffy could be the autocrat had picked up a bit of steam. It could just be a coincidence but I find it a bit too convenient that you made this post when you did.

Also you said this:

Which makes me think even more that you slipped. I know I said that I strongly town read you but I think this is a slip.
Agreed, for me Inffy read as strongly town, not as Autocrat. I would have thought an autocrat would be more quiet and more out of the way than what Inf is currently acting.

If anything, it would make sense to try to have Mafia switch to have Inffy lynched as he is the most vocal and having the excuse as Inf = autocrat could have had the potential of swaying towns mind in lynching Inf in Mafias head.

Currently, the three who were vocal about this theory of Inf being Autocrat were:

Danni - Quiet in the game and doesn't input a lot into the current matter

Vatumok - Also quiet but less 'memey' than Danni.

Erik - He town read to me personally so I don't understand if he was scum to out himself like this. Maybe he thought that because town think he isn't scum; that he would have a bigger say and potentially sway people's mind?

This seems very out of the blue and VERY dodgy indeed.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Way to make yourself seem super pro-kill-Mafia TWG!!!!!!

Agreed, for me Inffy read as strongly town, not as Autocrat. I would have thought an autocrat would be more quiet and more out of the way than what Inf is currently acting.

If anything, it would make sense to try to have Mafia switch to have Inffy lynched as he is the most vocal and having the excuse as Inf = autocrat could have had the potential of swaying towns mind in lynching Inf in Mafias head.

Currently, the three who were vocal about this theory of Inf being Autocrat were:

Danni - Quiet in the game and doesn't input a lot into the current matter

Vatumok - Also quiet but less 'memey' than Danni.

Erik - He town read to me personally so I don't understand if he was scum to out himself like this. Maybe he thought that because town think he isn't scum; that he would have a bigger say and potentially sway people's mind?

This seems very out of the blue and VERY dodgy indeed.
Pf you're just saying that because you want me to unvote you <3

Why would Mafia try to switch lynch to me rune? Only to save one of their own, surely. Otherwise they'd rejoice in you being lynched and avoid risking looking scummy by leading a lynch on me. But that thought didn't occur to you did it. Wonder why???!!!

And you killed comp/unu to make my reads look less reliable didn't you?!! (Because everything the Mafia does revolves around me totally)

No but seriously maybe I'm just tunnel visioning a townie but your defence of me seems forced - why did you quote Iggish and instead of focusing on what Iggish was actually getting at (erik's SK=autocrat thing) focus entirely on me being strongly town? And why would Mafia switch to me? Did you have that thought process because it makes sense in your head because you're Mafia and so it makes sense to you that Mafia would want switch right now, not considering that others didn't share the same knowledge?

Your Canadian claim is all too convenient, your attempt at bandwagoning Iggish yesterday was all too suspicious and unless something more convincing comes up, I'm not unvoting you, sorry.

Really sorry if you're town though <3

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you think I'm autocrat?
Mostly same reasons as Vat, and if you were an autocrat, I could see you playing it out like you currently are.

I honestly don’t know who else it could be, no one else that comes to mind.

This is not a vote, just found it interesting that Vatu had similar thoughts.

I don’t have a strong belief for anyone being an autocrat currently, if I was it myself I would probably just try and be a bit quiet and not attract too much attention, so it might be a hard role to figure out.

This was not a way to point fingers at inffy, It was merely me wanting to share the thoughts I have.

I would personally say we wait to tomorrow to try and get autocrat anyway, unless we get some good reason not to go for mafia today.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
So what's your opinion of erik then? Do you not think he slipped?
I got no idea who the guy is, so I find it very hard to read him.

Regarding if the slip up, could just be that he misunderstood the role maybe? I honestly don’t know if the autocrat can kill people or not, but I just assumed he couldn’t, and the role would in general seem overpowered imo if it could, so I would assume it does not, and that Erik just misunderstood me.

If anyone else can tell me a bit more about your thought on the autocrat role please do.

Also interested to hear what Erik has to say

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Regarding erik's post, I dont think he slipped but rather just thought autocrat could kill for some reason. I think there being an autocrat with also kill abilities (basically a way more OP serial killer) it would be too strong. Also as autocrat I think he would've been way more careful with his wording and not bring so much attention to it.

One thing he says about Rune, I also thought that Trudeau is likely a PR and therefore wanted to easy the pressure on him for a while. (before we just push a town power role out of the game) It is rather weird that erik does make notice of this as if he's hinting the mafia.

Inf still decent candidate for autocrat or maybe SK, erik is very likely neither but has a chance of being mafia. The things he called out in his post seem rather random and not very anti-mafia at all but only anti-3rd party.

• Confusing
Reactions: Iggish

Iggish

Reaction score
Regarding if the slip up, could just be that he misunderstood the role maybe? I honestly don’t know if the autocrat can kill people or not, but I just assumed he couldn’t, and the role would in general seem overpowered imo if it could, so I would assume it does not, and that Erik just misunderstood me.
What do you mean that he misunderstood you?

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_