CAPITALISM MAFIA

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I mean he was just not talking for a while it's hardly that much of scum move. He probably stopped it since it's Inf and he wanted to spam the thread again. I actually town-read Inf so yeah no I don't think he's scummy.
It's not the fact he "didn't" talk, it's the fact he pretended to be silenced to apparently "instigate" discussion.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok since I haven't spoken in a while I guess it's time for me to talk. First of, I don't think that there's a connection between the countries ppl belong to and their alignment. I think we're reading way too much into it and at maximum there is a limited connection between country/alignment.

Also I'm gonna list who I think are most scum.

1. Inffy, because how he didn't talk at the beginning and excused it off as 'didnt have anything to contribute' and the other stuff he said.

2. Unu, Out of nowhere he starts to say how 'suspicious' he is of me. He said that he has been right with my alignment every game so he is likely to be right this time too (bs). I think he wants to lynch me because: 1. He knows me good 2. Literally every game I've played I have been pushed for a lynch so ppl can easily recognize me as scum

3. Notty, basically because she started a discussion with iggish because of a minor mistake. Not really suspicious but just feels like she could want to derail(is that a word?) the discussion.

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok since I haven't spoken in a while I guess it's time for me to talk. First of, I don't think that there's a connection between the countries ppl belong to and their alignment. I think we're reading way too much into it and at maximum there is a limited connection between country/alignment.

Also I'm gonna list who I think are most scum.

1. Inffy, because how he didn't talk at the beginning and excused it off as 'didnt have anything to contribute' and the other stuff he said.

2. Unu, Out of nowhere he starts to say how 'suspicious' he is of me. He said that he has been right with my alignment every game so he is likely to be right this time too (bs). I think he wants to lynch me because: 1. He knows me good 2. Literally every game I've played I have been pushed for a lynch so ppl can easily recognize me as scum

3. Notty, basically because she started a discussion with iggish because of a minor mistake. Not really suspicious but just feels like she could want to derail(is that a word?) the discussion.
there isn't a single original good idea in here

• Love
Reactions: Iggish

Iggish

Reaction score
Gonna point this out since I've seen this said twice now and forgot to mention it before, but Rune actually claimed Canadian before you mentioned Canada, but you didn't see him say it, so he said it again after you talked about Canada.
So far all the claims have been for English speaking countries. I find it hard to believe that there is no Putin or Kim Jong Un in this game.

Just a theory but maybe the mafia are all foreign leaders with suspicious tactics. Like maybe on a four man team you'd have Putin, KJU, the Venezuelan guy and the Kenyan guy or something. Maybe Aun Suu Kyi or whatever her name is as well.

Also, if Jivvi included an Irish person he almost definitely included a Canadian.
Yeah, you're right, that's a mistake on my part. Looking back though, I did mention Canada even before his claim ^.
...Unless you did see it, and that's why you specifically mentioned Canada, as a way to seem like, although you missed rune's claim, you were on the ball about the nature of the setup and helpful to town???!11//
But if I missed Rune's role then I couldn't have known for sure if Canada was in the game or not (I heavily presumed it was, but wasn't sure) so that wouldn't make it seem like I was on the ball about the set up. Also, as notty pointed out, me supposedly knowing more about the set up would be a bad thing because people would wonder why I knew more about it then them and it would draw suspicion, so I wouldn't see the point in doing this.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i got an inquiry about using last-online timestamps as evidence

this is:
-against the rules i stole from gmk
-potentially misleading cause i'm not above using other means of communication for the sake of convenience if i was out or something since i've been without consistent wifi for a while and don't like loading the site on data more than necessary
-I've been fooling around with my boyfriend in bales of hay, so haven't been actively checking mafia

Last edited by a moderator:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
How does this generate discussion? All you did was derail the thread with people hypothesising about a censor, nothing of value was gained.It's weirdly reminiscent of when Jolterino posted that dumb poem to throw people off when Notty was bandwagoning him, but there was no focus on you; so unless the intended discussion was your lynching or somehow the bandwagon of someone else for no real reason other than your lies then...

well the point is it was dumb even if that was your intention.
It generated discussion because it became an event, a conversation starter. It doesn't matter what the content of the discussion is about, we just need people to speak so we can read vibes, notice patterns/interactions etc.

to quickly answer first point, since when does agreeing with someone enough to influence your vote = bandwagon? Besides it was more to apply pressure to you to see what you would do. I honestly wish more people would have done then you would be confirmed scum as soon as you broke and jumped out of this shit charade.
What? How would I have been confirmed scum if I jumped out of the charade? Why would I not do that as town, if I faked the whole thing? And why do you wish that happened? So you wish something happened which would make me look scum, even though it doesn't prove that I am or not. Ok Aqua.

And the reason it seems like a bandwagon is because your opinion on me suddenly had a drastic change after oog/twg said they had doubts about me genuinely being silenced, which you've still yet to answer about actually. Why did you change from doubting that I was faking it, saying that I didn't have enough forethought, to suddenly saying that it was "exactly like something inf would do tbh"?

Likewise if there were a censorer, they would definitely target inf due to his... bombastic posting. Then again, infs equally aware of this, so could be some dumb plan but I don't see inf have enough forethought to think of something like this.

As Claire was the first accuser I guess we should point the spotlight on her.
NGL this does seem exactly like something inf would do tbh

• Lynching inf would determine whether or not there is a silencer

• I don't think just because arelic was the first to accuse inf that she's scummy, at this point we're grasping at straws and infs silence is definitely the most fishy thing here.

• It's day 1 so we have to stick to tradition

All that in mind I'm in favour of an inf vote (unless anything else comes up):

vote inf
And:
...And to the epitome of dumb questions. No, ofc it doesn't.
:thinking: so your theory that I wanted to remain silent for several days, is still a legitimate theory, despite the fact that I'm speaking. Ok Aqua. **

Firstly just wanna point out your original post was a shittily made excuse for why breaking this whole act somehow proves you can't be scum. This is a stupidly bold claim for a townie, especially when their argument is so thin. Honestly it seems like you tried to sweep the whole "why" thing under the rug with your massive walls of text.
I never said anywhere that my behaviour "proves I'm not scum". I defended why what I did wasn't a scummy move, because it'd make no sense for scum to do that.

But the reason why you could have had that intention was either you realised it was dumb and changed your mind, or the more likely thing. You wanted to do something SO stupidly suspicious people would pass it off as not scummy as no mafia or 3p regardless of how much experience they had would want to draw that much attention to themselves without any reason for people to believe their innocence. People seem to have forgotten about the whole thing because, I assume, they've just passed it off as a dumb inf thing...
** I mean fair enough theory I guess.

i mean i think we're forgetting inf is inf and things work differently in his mind
he's....
special
I mean say what you want about me being special but my strategy got me my read on Aqua at least and made some patterns emerge so you guys can all thank me later

First of, I don't think that there's a connection between the countries ppl belong to and their alignment. I think we're reading way too much into it and at maximum there is a limited connection between country/alignment.
Why not? What is your reason for that?

Ok since I haven't spoken in a while I guess it's time for me to talk.
So your reason for talking isn't because you want to help town by contributing your reads, it's because you haven't spoken in a while so ought to, really, so that you're not suspicious????

Yeah, you're right, that's a mistake on my part. Looking back though, I did mention Canada even before his claim ^.
Oh yeah, didn't see that, woops.

And yeah well my point was that maybe you didn't genuinely miss rune's claim and just pretended to, but yeah your argument about it making you look more suspicious rather than helpful makes sense.

But if I missed Rune's role then I couldn't have known for sure if Canada was in the game or not (I heavily presumed it was, but wasn't sure) so that wouldn't make it seem like I was on the ball about the set up. Also, as notty pointed out, me supposedly knowing more about the set up would be a bad thing because people would wonder why I knew more about it then them and it would draw suspicion, so I wouldn't see the point in doing this.
As for the cl*p thing, personally I'm pretty sceptical.

how dank are we talking here

also, keep clapping, i can feel the power surging
as the day progressed, however, other people said it in the thread after i asked around about it, and would you look at that, after some time i received another message from jivvi, saying something along the lines of "the sustained applause has given you increased power to ward off trump's attacks" and explaining that i now had a bulletproof vest
First of all, Ender why did you decide to ask people to clap? Seems like a massive coincidence that you'd just so happen to conveniently guess exactly what you needed to do to get these powers, despite having no information about it. Why did you decide that getting people to say cl*p would be a good idea?

Also you even said "i can feel the power surging" - was this before or after you were told by Jivvi that you were becoming more powerful?

It just seems like you've randomly been EXACTLY right about how to use the clap situation and I can't understand how you managed to do that if what you're saying is the whole truth.

Also, when do you get to use the lie detector? How does that work?

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
It generated discussion because it became an event, a conversation starter. It doesn't matter what the content of the discussion is about, we just need people to speak so we can read vibes, notice patterns/interactions etc.
But you can start conversation in ways that don't potentially add elements to the game that don't exist. I'll give you that you did drop the charade before it became too harmful, but the added elements that you presented could have been threatening to the town and resulted in a townie lynch. Besides most vibes people got from others become obsolete as we now know there wasn't a censor (I.E my thoughts on Claire possibly being a censor and doing a bad job at hiding it by being the one to announce infs unusual silence (that being said it was a very superficial vibe anyway, personally the only thing I got from this is terrible vibes from you)).

What? How would I have been confirmed scum if I jumped out of the charade?
Because it would prove you weren't actually silenced, pretending to be silenced for no reason IS NOT A TOWN THING TO DO.

Why would I not do that as town, if I faked the whole thing?
Because once again, a townie WOULD NOT do that

And the reason it seems like a bandwagon is because your opinion on me suddenly had a drastic change after oog/twg said they had doubts about me genuinely being silenced, which you've still yet to answer about actually. Why did you change from doubting that I was faking it, saying that I didn't have enough forethought, to suddenly saying that it was "exactly like something inf would do tbh"?
Alright, I'll give you that I did contradict myself. The first post about you not being smart enough held no value it was just banter like oog calling you special, so there's no need to read into that <3

:thinking: so your theory that I wanted to remain silent for several days, is still a legitimate theory, despite the fact that I'm speaking. Ok Aqua. **
I cba since ur trying to undermine me by misquoting and belittling me

If anyone's wondering why it would be a really bad idea for a mafia member to do what I did, it's because, there are two likely possible endings to my little plan, if I kept it going:

1) The following day, when nobody else was silenced (because the silencer doesn't exist, and I made him up as mafia[ha slip XD]), it'd be really suspicious of me to be the only silenced person, people would think I did the same tactic as last time where I made up an attack on myself so that I'd look innocent, and I'd be lynched

2) The way to ensure that ^ doesn't happen is for the entire mafia team to take it in turns pretending to be silenced so that it looks legit, but then, once one of us is revealed to be mafia, which would inevitably happen at some point, it'd be pretty obvious what was going on and the lynch list would consist of all of us who pretended to be silenced, because the silencer only really makes sense as a mafia role so they wouldn't target their own team so it'd look like a staged plan, and we'd all die and lose
I never said anywhere that my behaviour "proves I'm not scum". I defended why what I did wasn't a scummy move, because it'd make no sense for scum to do that.
Prove may be the wrong word but like you say you did try and paint a picture for us that it would be stupid for scum to do it followed with an awful argument to explain it, to try and convince people what you did could not be seen as scummy even tho ofc it could (like regardless of if you are townie, which im confident you're not, you would still be able to see how scummy that looks).

but Alright, I shouldn't have said prove. My bad.

also @paige you've been rather inactive but seemed to have some strongish points, whats ur current take :eyes:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But you can start conversation in ways that don't potentially add elements to the game that don't exist. I'll give you that you did drop the charade before it became too harmful, but the added elements that you presented could have been threatening to the town and resulted in a townie lynch. Besides most vibes people got from others become obsolete as we now know there wasn't a censor (I.E my thoughts on Claire possibly being a censor and doing a bad job at hiding it by being the one to announce infs unusual silence (that being said it was a very superficial vibe anyway, personally the only thing I got from this is terrible vibes from you)).
There was no deadline so it didn't matter to me that I may be falsely leading people into incorrect suspicions, since I always planned to speak at some point and clear everything up. I made sure I spoke before anything bad happened like you said, so I don't understand why you're still convinced that what I did was scummy. Usually I try to evoke conversation by prodding everyone and tagging people but I decided to switch things up this game, mostly because I didn't have anything to prod anyone about yet.

I cba since ur trying to undermine me by misquoting and belittling me
How am I misquoting you?

Prove may be the wrong word but like you say you did try and paint a picture for us that it would be stupid for scum to do it followed with an awful argument to explain it, to try and convince people what you did could not be seen as scummy even tho ofc it could (like regardless of if you are townie, which im confident you're not, you would still be able to see how scummy that looks).

but Alright, I shouldn't have said prove. My bad.
How is it an "awful argument"? I would gain 0 from doing this as scum. The only possible gain I'd get would be if I continued to do it, which I didn't. I admitted that it could look scummy and that I knew it was a risk that I may look suspicious, but as I said, I also knew that I had a good defence for it, which I could just put forward if I became a target.

also @paige you've been rather inactive but seemed to have some strongish points, whats ur current take :eyes:
Which points of hers have you considered strong?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
There was no deadline so it didn't matter to me that I may be falsely leading people into incorrect suspicions, since I always planned to speak at some point and clear everything up. I made sure I spoke before anything bad happened like you said, so I don't understand why you're still convinced that what I did was scummy. Usually I try to evoke conversation by prodding everyone and tagging people but I decided to switch things up this game, mostly because I didn't have anything to prod anyone about yet.
And just because a conversation is about a theory that is incorrect, that doesn't mean we can't get reads from it. Like right now I think you're scum because of your reaction to what I did.