CAPITALISM MAFIA

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Because it would prove you weren't actually silenced, pretending to be silenced for no reason IS NOT A TOWN THING TO DO.

Because once again, a townie WOULD NOT do that
And a Mafia would? Inf did something that isn't really home to either side(CONFIRMED THIRD PARTY YOU GUYS), it isn't a town thing to do but it's not a Mafia thing to do either unless you're gonna cry 'aaaaah confusion aaaaaaaah he's mafia trying to confuse the town and bring chaoss!!!1!1!!'. I'd say let it go but instead I'm just gonna do this instead.

Unvote
Vote Aqua

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Also to answer the paige question, if you must know she hasnt made many good points. She made a decent one about your stupid "why would a mafia ever do this" post, but other than that all she's done is joked about unu calling her a him iirc.

I was being polite to get someone who I know is decent at this game's opinion since they've been lurking as I don't fully trust them.

but ofc ur gonna call me out on literally EVERYTHING I do as if it's scummy so I'm done for now since it's pointless will check maf later.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, but you are:

"I think you copied what Oak said as a way to fit in with town"

Firstly you accuse me of being scummy and copying Oak to fit in with town, now you're saying that my post was thing like Oaks.

I made the mistake of not going back and rereading mine and oaks post and yes, I can now see it looks pretty scummy. But at the time I hadn't realised.

However, right now it seems ur changing ur argument to make me look suspicious whatever the outcome. You forcing suspicion onto me as if you want me to be lynched regardless of whether I'm townie or not.
??? What? How did I change my argument? I've consistently believed that you jumped onto Arelic because you thought Oak was doing so after he tagged her. That argument hasn't changed.

Tbh I went back to my original post about this and to be fair I did say this:
This is the first time it happens, where he says we should focus on Arelic as the first 'accuser', right after Oak tags her, then says that he didn't see that Oak said it and blames it on him being tired. Two things I find weird here. One, why did he call Arelic the first 'accuser'? What did Arelic accuse me of exactly? She just pointed out that I wasn't speaking, I don't see how that's an accusation. Two, how did you notice what Oak said, after you posted, not before, and blame this on being tired? I just can't see how that would happen tbh. On top of that I just get vibes that you're lying. It just feels really inauthentic, and I think you copied what Oak said as a way to fit in with town.
So I can see why it might look like I thought you genuinely did say the same thing as Oak, but I'm pretty sure I meant that, from your POV, you thought you were copying oak, and you did that to fit in with the town.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also to answer the paige question, if you must know she hasnt made many good points. She made a decent one about your stupid "why would a mafia ever do this" post, but other than that all she's done is joked about unu calling her a him iirc.

I was being polite to get someone who I know is decent at this game's opinion since they've been lurking as I don't fully trust them.

but ofc ur gonna call me out on literally EVERYTHING I do as if it's scummy so I'm done for now since it's pointless will check maf later.
So you're gonna ignore my other questions, including the fact that you town-read a third party claim, okay

And what was her decent point about my "why would a mafia ever do this post"?

I'm not trying to call everything you do out as if it's scummy, it's just that everything you're doing is something that seems scummy, so that's how I'm interpreting it. The point of these questions is that it gives you the opportunity to defend your perspective, explain why you did these things as a townie, and change my mind. But of course you're avoiding that, probably because you don't really have any genuine answers because you're a liar liar pants on fire mafia scum <3

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I think you copied what Oak said as a way to fit in with town.
But you didn't post a similar thing to him. You posted something which you thought was similar to him, because you somehow thought that Oak was accusing Arelic of being an accuser of me, even though he wasn't.
kys.

If I'm lynched cus of a tired morning mafia post I swear to god >:/

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
kys.

If I'm lynched cus of a tired morning mafia post I swear to god >:/
??? What? How did I change my argument? I've consistently believed that you jumped onto Arelic because you thought Oak was doing so after he tagged her. That argument hasn't changed.

Tbh I went back to my original post about this and to be fair I did say this:

So I can see why it might look like I thought you genuinely did say the same thing as Oak, but I'm pretty sure I meant that, from your POV, you thought you were copying oak, and you did that to fit in with the town.
And yeah I already addressed that here

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If I have it shows the extent I've been paying attention to this game lmao
Yes, Ender claimed third party and that he can help us kill trump if people say "cl*p" which I think is a lie because Jivvi doesn't seem like he'd include a role in the setup where he has to constantly check to see if people say the word "cl*p" in every post

Now can you answer my other questions?

• Informative
Reactions: Aqua

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yes, Ender claimed third party and that he can help us kill trump if people say "cl*p" which I think is a lie because Jivvi doesn't seem like he'd include a role in the setup where he has to constantly check to see if people say the word "cl*p" in every post
And also the whole things seems too convenient that he just so happened to guess what he needed to do to get the powers (he says he didn't know about the cl*p thing and guessed that maybe people have to say cl*ap and just so happened to be correct, which I also don't buy)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
When have I ever misquoted you?

Why do you suspect HK?

And two new questions:

Do you still town-read Oak now that you know he didn't say what you said?

Why did you contradict yourself by saying that the reason you thought Oak's post was similar to yours was because I said so recently, when you said that you posted the same thing as Oak ages ago, right after your post that was supposedly similar?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
When have I ever misquoted you?

Why do you suspect HK?

And two new questions:

Do you still town-read Oak now that you know he didn't say what you said?

Why did you contradict yourself by saying that the reason you thought Oak's post was similar to yours was because I said so recently, when you said that you posted the same thing as Oak ages ago, right after your post that was supposedly similar?
On your first large pos to emphasise the fact I was band wagoning you unfairly compared my points illustrating why I was suspicious of you to TWG's post when actually it was a reply to Oog's post:
https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/capitalism-mafia.20920/page-6#post-404699

um inf rated my post oh no but idk he was supposed to do that to aqua so it might be a get out of jail free card in the future when he's like 'lol i wasnt ACTUALLY silence and i never lied cos i rated oogs post and not aquas!!!!!!!!'

tbh i havent checked aquas post either so brb
When I said "I could see inf doing this" it was in response to the "it might be a get out of jail free card in the future when he's like 'lol i wasnt ACTUALLY silence and i never lied cos i rated oogs post and not aquas!!!!!!!!'"

Which I can't remember who (think it might have been HK but unsure) actually brought up and said he wasn't lying cus he didn't rate my post or something I'm not sure.

You then go on to use a quote out of context in this post with

":thinking: so your theory that I wanted to remain silent for several days, is still a legitimate theory, despite the fact that I'm speaking. Ok Aqua. **"
https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/capitalism-mafia.20920/page-14#post-404898

But the reason why you could have had that intention was either you realised it was dumb and changed your mind, or the more likely thing. You wanted to do something SO stupidly suspicious people would pass it off as not scummy as no mafia or 3p regardless of how much experience they had would want to draw that much attention to themselves without any reason for people to believe their innocence. People seem to have forgotten about the whole thing because, I assume, they've just passed it off as a dumb inf thing...
You fail to quote this bit of text explaining why you speaking now doesn't disprove you having those intentions, instead just quoting the one line and giving a manipulative and belittling response that has nothing to do with my point. (I'd also like to point out that no townie would do this as townies want to find out the truth and carefully choose and lynch the right person not force someone to look suspicious using basic manipulation tactics).

I suspect HK from some of the shit earlier it was mostly vibe stuff, I'd go and get quotes but the quoting on the forum is weird and I wasn't paying much attention at the time so maybe it was just vibe I cant really remember tbh.

I do somewhat town read oak, he's very inactive but he's played like this in the past.

BECAUSE I HAD JUST WOKEN UP, TURNED MY PC ON AND CHECKED MAFIA HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I WASN'T THINKING STRAIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAVE YOU NEVER DONE SOMETHING FIRST THING AFTER WAKING UP THAT WAS REALLY FUCKING DUMB LIKE GONE TO GET COFFEE GET A MUG OUT AND JUST GO BACK UPSTAIRS WITH AN EMPTY MUG OR SOMETHING STUPID AND MORNING-Y I'M NOT A MORNING PERSON REEEEEEEEEEE

Iggish

Reaction score
Ok, this whole Aqua + Inffy this is tedious to read so I'll have to re-read it.

One thing I will say though that from my perspective it would make sense for a mafia to do what Inffy did, likewise with a town, if you follow specific reasoning.

For a town (like inffy claims he is), you would use inffy's argument, that he wanted to start a conversation. While this doesn't necessarily sound like a town thing to do, I can understand the reasoning to get reads on people, regardless of the matter by judging their reactions. Then for any mafia who thought it could be an easy lynch, inffy would try hard to lynch them as he would believe they are / were mafia.

For a mafia, he would break his silence early and then claim to be town because of that. He would use this justification to make himself appear town and then become useful to reinforce him being a townie in people's minds. He would say why would a mafia do this etc. for the exact reason of concealment. Then he would hope no-one would try to pursue it further so he could kind of stay hidden in plain sight. If a town did try and press it more, Inffy would use this as an excuse for a lynch and if it flipped on him, he could weasel out of it by saying that he was wholly justified and it was just a town bashing a town.
This seems quite a risky tactic but IMO it can't be ruled out and the pay-out would be good if it worked well. I think inffy's argument of "why would I do this if I was mafia" is void because of this but I think the majority of his points and arguments have been good and make sense.

This is why I have said previously that I feel Inffy could easily either be mafia or town.

Iggish

Reaction score
However, right now it seems ur changing ur argument to make me look suspicious whatever the outcome. You forcing suspicion onto me as if you want me to be lynched regardless of whether I'm townie or not.
This is exactly what I felt was happening to me :C
BECAUSE I HAD JUST WOKEN UP, TURNED MY PC ON AND CHECKED MAFIA HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I WASN'T THINKING STRAIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAVE YOU NEVER DONE SOMETHING FIRST THING AFTER WAKING UP THAT WAS REALLY FUCKING DUMB LIKE GONE TO GET COFFEE GET A MUG OUT AND JUST GO BACK UPSTAIRS WITH AN EMPTY MUG OR SOMETHING STUPID AND MORNING-Y I'M NOT A MORNING PERSON REEEEEEEEEEE
Yeah but you're mistake could be interpreted as an innocent little mistake caused by tiredness or as a slip caused by tiredness.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
On your first large pos to emphasise the fact I was band wagoning you unfairly compared my points illustrating why I was suspicious of you to TWG's post when actually it was a reply to Oog's post:
https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/capitalism-mafia.20920/page-6#post-404699
How is that "misquoting" you?

You then go on to use a quote out of context in this post with

https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/capitalism-mafia.20920/page-14#post-404898

You fail to quote this bit of text explaining why you speaking now doesn't disprove you having those intentions, instead just quoting the one line and giving a manipulative and belittling response that has nothing to do with my point. (I'd also like to point out that no townie would do this as townies want to find out the truth and carefully choose and lynch the right person not force someone to look suspicious using basic manipulation tactics).
Except no I don't, I leave two ** there and come back to that later and say fair enough.

:thinking: so your theory that I wanted to remain silent for several days, is still a legitimate theory, despite the fact that I'm speaking. Ok Aqua. **

I never said anywhere that my behaviour "proves I'm not scum". I defended why what I did wasn't a scummy move, because it'd make no sense for scum to do that.

** I mean fair enough theory I guess.

That doesn't answer my question. I'm not asking why you didn't notice your post was "similar" to Oak's (even though it wasn't), I'm asking why you're saying that you didn't realize your post was similar to Oak's and that you assumed it was just because I said it was, when in reality, you already pointed out yourself that it was similar. Maybe you just forgot about knowing your post was similar to oak's but it's easier to forget something if you lied about it in the first place, which is what makes me suspicious.

And please answer my other question:

Oh and another question which you didn't answer:

And what was her (paige's) decent point about my "why would a mafia ever do this post"?

Iggish

Reaction score
Enderfive One thing (among many, see inffy's points) I don't understand about your claim is how you'll know who Donald Trump is. I mean, I think at this stage we have kind of unanimously, silently agreed upon that he is indeed mafia, correct me if I'm wrong. I mean, iirc no-one even suggested that he could be town when ender said this. I have reasons for believing so as well.

Are you saying that if you get enough "claps", he'll just drop dead or will be revealed to you or what. You were given body armour so maybe you'll be given a gun? But then you wouldn't know who to aim it at? Would you just shoot someone suspicious?

This sounds really wacky to me and I'd urge anyone else who hasn't said it yet, not to. It doesn't make sense, as Inffy said, you somehow knew to get everyone to start clapping (if you're even telling the truth), which is suspicious.