General Quarters [Game Over]

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
VOTECOUNT
[BCOLOR=#000000]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ff0000]L[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ff0000]R[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]M[/BCOLOR]
This is not an emergency. If this was a real emergency, you would probably not be informed by the votecount on a forum mafia game.
Notme - 6 - Foggy2406, Infected_alien8_, Webpaige, Enderfive, Myusername22, K1nghoward
Infected_alien8_ - 1 - Unusual_Dood
With 12 players it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no lynch.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
VOTECOUNT
[BCOLOR=#000000]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ff0000]L[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ff0000]R[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]M[/BCOLOR]
This is not an emergency. If this was a real emergency, you would probably not be informed by the votecount on a forum mafia game.
Notme - 6 - Foggy2406, Infected_alien8_, Webpaige, Enderfive, Myusername22, K1nghoward
With 12 players it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no lynch.
I am getting pretty concerned by your role playing Lyon. Maybe we are on to something about him being mafia!

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I would use my second vote... but we are close to the deadline and I don't want to be overly responsible if he flips town...

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
FINAL VOTECOUNT
Notme - 7 - Foggy2406, Infected_alien8_, Webpaige, Enderfive, Myusername22, K1nghoward, ooglie101

"I'll prove to you I am on your side" said Notme. "I will go out in an air suit and report back." The consensus agreed this seemed like a good idea.

A few minutes later Notme was out the airlock tethered to the ship.

"It looks like we are being held in a tractor beam. They have plenty of ships. Surely they could have boarded us. What gives?" A gasp was heard over the radio. "I'VE BEEN SPOTTED!" he yelled over the radio, peaking the microphone.

He couldn't be pulled back in time.

Ensign Notme, a crewman, has been lynched.
Vanilla townie

It is now Night 3. Please send in your actions.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The only sound heard coming from the medical bay was a muffled thump.

Lieutenant K1nghoward, the Chief Medical Officer, has been killed.
Doctor; Heads science department.

It is now Day 3. With 10 players it takes 6 to lynch and 5 to no lynch.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Can you tell me why please
I have been suspicious of you from the beginning, mainly because Inffy is still alive and that makes me feel as though either you or he are the Mafia. Furthermore, if we are to believe that there is at least one mafia in each of the general quarters groups (although this could be a wrong assumption) I for some reason trust JK more than I trust you. Also I guess *vibes* as Inf would say. I mean my vote is subject to change and if anybody has any useful information I am all ears.

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I have been suspicious of you from the beginning, mainly because Inffy is still alive and that makes me feel as though either you or he are the Mafia. Furthermore, if we are to believe that there is at least one mafia in each of the general quarters groups (although this could be a wrong assumption) I for some reason trust JK more than I trust you. Also I guess *vibes* as Inf would say. I mean my vote is subject to change and if anybody has any useful information I am all ears.
But we don't know that there's mafia? It might be a mafia-free group. When I flip town, are you going to lynch the last officer? And what if JK is town too?

Besides you've made it clear that having us both alive makes you think one of us is mafia. If we're both town, wouldn't mafia want us alive for that reason, since you're the single most trusted player in the game at the moment?

G

Guest35486

Furthermore, if we are to believe that there is at least one mafia in each of the general quarters groups (although this could be a wrong assumption)
Engineering
- Nottykitten
- TheWeakGuy48
- Enderfive
- Myusername22

Operations
- Arelic
- Infected_alien_8
- Mulbery
- Ooglie

Science
- HKCaper
- Unusual_dude
- K1ngHoward

Officers
- Foggy2406
- JKangaroo
- Notme
- webpaige

Others/Not confirmed
- hipman500 (Possibly Science?)
With that assumption, Unu would be mafia as he's the last member of the Science department, even though he has claimed earlier as Cop. Though maybe hip was part of Science and his third party status could have affected it? At first I had the same guess about each department having at least one mafia member when General Quarters was activated, but now I'm not so sure.

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
To be honest if there was a bad person in Officer's chat, it was probably hip
"Bridge to XO"
Silence.
"XO do you copy?"
Still no response.
A quick search found the body of Hipman500 stuffed in a corner.

Commander Hipman500, the Executive Officer, has been killed.
He appears to be third party with a goal of reaching Fog's rank?
Allowed to take an anonymous poll each night; Wins if alive at end of game with acting rank of Captain.
I dunno, but there's a good chance an Executive Officer would be in Officer's chat no? Especially if the definition is "the officer who is second in command to the captain or commanding officer."

G

Guest35486

What are you operating
To be honest, I have no clue. This ship is doomed.
I dunno, but there's a good chance an Executive Officer would be in Officer's chat no? Especially if the definition is "the officer who is second in command to the captain or commanding officer."
I thought so too, but Science chat was missing a person. Seems odd to put him with Officers since that would give the department 5 people. So right now he's just "Others/Not confirmed"

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
To be honest, I have no clue. This ship is doomed.

I thought so too, but Science chat was missing a person. Seems odd to put him with Officers since that would give the department 5 people. So right now he's just "Others/Not confirmed"
Was Science chat missing a person? Or could it have been possible that not every chat had four people? Although I wouldn't be surprised if he was in no group, either.

Also, could we get a cop report from Unu today? Or possible clarification on the "Won't tell" bit? And the post that was promised from Mulb? And any proof that Ender is still alive? AndlynchMoogandInfpleaseandthanks

D

Deleted member 4601

I failed to deliver my promise of making a post yesterday, sorry 'bout that. Anyway -

Regarding raxo's lynch:

Something stood out that was particularly intriguing was how town eventually got around to vote raxo off the stage even after he stepped up his activity on the thread (albeit marginally) and even after the apparent claim the push for his lynch never really slowed down. I believe we were in the middle of trying to figure out the events on the previous day primarily due to the lack of any sort of concrete evidence – in particular HK’s comments on the previous day about myu as well as the rising suspicion on unu, inffy and myu himself. Something that struck me as totally uncalled for, however, was the sudden attack on raxo on page 18, starting with Inffy first voting for raxo despite stating that he has greater suspicions and the fact that as with any other lynch, it comes with its inherent risks.

I’d rather be slightly reserved here since it would not be completely beneficial to mafia to raise suspicion against someone out of the blue like that, especially when several players in the game have already gained traction, unless they were trying to intentionally divert attention away from the ongoing topic (which I’d say succeeded partially due to how this thread hasn’t been getting the amount of attention that it should). Rather interestingly, however, was how the rest of the players followed suit, first with Foggy voting raxo out despite acknowledging his suspicion on other players, then more importantly after raxo’s claim to be a vanilla townie – the votes from web and ender and so on. Granted, the first two votes were made under the valid (not good, but understandable) standpoint that a policy lynch would do little harm even if a mislynch were to happen, but the votes that followed that were certainly eye raising.

From the perspective of raxo, it certainly is understandable that he did what he did – now that we do know that raxo is town, it only makes sense for him to claim and defend himself in that manner, for he had no other means to defend himself especially in that kind of a situation. It seems somewhat reasonable that the initial voters of raxo continue to interrogate him, but the tone of it all seems to suggest no form of backing down whatsoever. Without the knowledge of raxo’s alignment, it makes sense to do so, yet if one were mafia you would expect an argument that would be more sophisticated than emotional ramblings if one were to be pushed to the edge of being lynched.

More importantly, I’ve been wondering why raxo out of all people was targeted.

Besides foggy who is more or less town, I am especially suspicious of inffy and perhaps myu to some extent, though it is only a mild suspicion at this point since voting patterns don’t say much.

Quarter chats and stuff:

So far it seems to me that the chats were just randomly assigned to every player in the game such that there were four chats with four players in each. hip is probably in science, though when it comes to the question of whether there is a mafia member in every single chat, I would say that if there was, it probably wasn't intentional, since that would provide quite a lot of power to mafia.

Nevertheless, I am growing increasingly suspicious of the members in my chat simply because they're all alive, and this is supported by the numbers as well - assuming that there are 3 mafia members left in the game (4 including notty), that means that there is a 96% chance of there being at least one mafia among arelic, oog and inffy (and really, just about any other three person combination in the game), which means that having talked to them at night before, any suspicions I gain will likely be on one of those three (right now I'm suspicious of inffy but I have questions)

• Confusing
D

Deleted member 4601

I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AND THERE'S A BLACKMAILER ROLE/MECHANIC

Okay so, let me explain some stuff since I'm finally free to speak and actually tell you what happened. Night 1 I was sent a message from someone who wrote a very loving letter about how I was to be their toy for the rest of the game and they would force me to do stuff each day, and that if I didn't, I'd die (Ltin confirmed this so it's an official part of the mechanic, not an empty threat). They said that since they didn't have anything planned for me yet they'd have some fun and make me Rhyme (this was in bold in the letter). Then Ltin gave me a list of rules that came with my task (and this tied with the fact the 'rhyme' was in bold makes me think this role/mechanic chooses from a list of official things to blackmail someone with, not just freely made up ones, like foggy's role chooses from a list for his role), told me that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone that I was being blackmailed during any day/night cycle that succeeded the night that I had been blackmailed (so if I was blackmailed n1 I couldn't speak about it D1 or N2 for example [and the fact that he detailed this made me think there were night chats which is why I believed foggy's claim when he mentioned the general quarters thing]) and made it clear that I'd be killed n2 if I failed.

ANYWAYS since I didn't wanna be suspicious using weird rhymes I made up the story about my room losing air and getting brain damaged. I expected that I'd be blackmailed for the rest of the game but tonight I have been left no letters and ltin has confirmed that I can now speak about my blackmail so I GUESS I'M FREE.

To prove my claims and show I'm not lying for whatever reason about it, last night I was in a chat with Mulbery Ooglie101 and Arelic and I spoke without rhyme there (since I only have to do my blackmail task in the day, as confirmed by ltin). I told them at the time that Ltin had just told me I could now speak freely and wasn't sure why but I lied there too since I had to, but the fact I could rhyme there, I'd argue, kinda proves that I didn't have brain damage, since you'd expect brain damage to carry over into the night I guess.

SO the fact that I'm now free suggests either

1) The blackmailer moved on from me and onto someone else, meaning someone else is being blackmailed as we speak (idk what with though since like I said, the 'Rhyme' thing felt like just an option for them, but keep on the look out for strange stuff, like weird votes or something)
2) The blackmailer was blocked, which means a roleblocker here could have blocked them (and so if you're a roleblocker and you're town and you blocked someone alive, maybe they're the blackmailer, but it's possible that HK blocked whoever did it*****) - I'm kinda inclined to believe this because with the blackmailer leaving me and going to someone else, we now know about their existence (because I'm free to tell everyone and I assume the blackmailer person would know this), which is probably a disadvantage, but maybe they had reasons.
3) The blackmailer didn't do their action - not sure why this would be but Notme has been inactive so maybe he ran out of time to do his action, but at the same time the writing style of the letter does not match with Notme in the slightest so I doubt it's this.

BUT I can't say for sure it was even a player who sent me the letter and that a role did it since ltin wouldn't confirm it when I asked but it seems very likely since the writing style seemed different to Ltin's, like less "[] [] []" and more sideways "S" (I know, more weird corridor-cloud stuff but maybe someone will understand, like it was more fluent and swirly, less 'this is my point and I will say it with the least amount of words as possible and be really to-the-point' like I kinda get from ltin sometimes)

******ALSO I myself was blocked last night, which means either there are 2 blockers and the second blocker (either HK or the one alive) blocked the blackmailer, or the blackmailer was not blocked, and I was the only person who was blocked last night. As I said, I'm inclined to believe that there's another blocker out there, whether town or third party or maybe mafia and the blackmailer is third party, and that they blocked the blackmailer last night.

One thing that I'm noticing now is how this post is self-contradictory. If you read through the entire claim Inffy first talks about how said blackmailer claimed that Inffy would be their "toy" for the rest of the game, but further down the message he says that he is no longer being attacked by the blackmailer.

While it is certainly valid to argue that the blackmailer was perhaps blocked on the second day, the fact that we haven't seen any blackmailing action since day 1 kinda makes this slightly suspicious. Moreover, your argument that you were able to chat with us without any restrictions last night - that didn't quite make sense since despite being free you carried on with your lie throughout the night, not once mentioning the idea of a blackmailer. You said that you "had to" lie but you didn't really explain it, so I'd like to get a clarification.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I failed to deliver my promise of making a post yesterday, sorry 'bout that. Anyway -

Regarding raxo's lynch:

Something stood out that was particularly intriguing was how town eventually got around to vote raxo off the stage even after he stepped up his activity on the thread (albeit marginally) and even after the apparent claim the push for his lynch never really slowed down.
Probably because his activity increased in that he called people idiots, didn't help, and he claimed 'Vanilla Townie', which 1) doesn't sit right with the setup/the fact he was in the Officer's chat, and 2) for those people who were also Vanilla Townie and were actually named Crewman, it's a pretty big hint that Raxo was lying.

Something that struck me as totally uncalled for, however, was the sudden attack on raxo on page 18, starting with Inffy first voting for raxo despite stating that he has greater suspicions and the fact that as with any other lynch, it comes with its inherent risks.
It wasn't "sudden" though, many people had stated previously on, especially in the answer to those questions myuser asked, that we were suspicious of Raxo. It certainly wasn't 'sudden' on my part either, since I'd make it clear he was my third suspicion earlier on, and Unu was un-cc cop and he had reason to believe myuser was innocent, so, as I outlined in my post when I voted him, the next natural step was to vote for Raxo. And yes, of course a lynch comes with risks but no-lynching forever is worse.

I’d rather be slightly reserved here since it would not be completely beneficial to mafia to raise suspicion against someone out of the blue like that
Again, I wouldn't say it was 'out of the blue'.

Rather interestingly, however, was how the rest of the players followed suit, first with Foggy voting raxo out despite acknowledging his suspicion on other players, then more importantly after raxo’s claim to be a vanilla townie – the votes from web and ender and so on.
So just because Foggy had suspicions on other players, he had to vote those rather than Raxo? I'm pretty sure everyone who voted Raxo gave valid reasons. And again, Raxo claiming vanilla townie only made things worse because it didn't fit with what we knew.

Granted, the first two votes were made under the valid (not good, but understandable) standpoint that a policy lynch would do little harm even if a mislynch were to happen, but the votes that followed that were certainly eye raising.
It wasn't simply a 'policy lynch', Raxo was suspicious and inactive. Again, I'm not sure why the others voting Raxo are 'eye raising' to you? Feels like you're just trying to make people who voted Raxo suspicious because you weren't involved in it or something to be honest.
Without the knowledge of raxo’s alignment, it makes sense to do so, yet if one were mafia you would expect an argument that would be more sophisticated than emotional ramblings if one were to be pushed to the edge of being lynched.
Depends on who it is that's getting lynched. Raxo's reactions were perfectly aligned with how I'd expect him to react as mafia.

More importantly, I’ve been wondering why raxo out of all people was targeted.
Because...he was suspicious? Again, pretty much everyone gave reasons for why they voted for him:
Why would he do that, and what made you think he'd do that?

Anyway I struggle to see how HK could somehow know myuser's alignment but it could be some weird mechanic I guess so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for today.

And since a deadline is coming and myuser was my #1 suspicion and you're my #2 yet you seem to be uncc cop (wow such great suspicions I have this game) I'm going with the next chap on my list, who has contributed nothing to the game if he's town anyway.

vote Notme
I'm going to

Vote Notme

Apart from Inf and Paige, Notme is the only person I am suspicious of and he hasn't contributed much at this point so I don't think losing him would make too much difference, just remember I have my suspicions on both Paige and Inffy... because Inf is still alive... it doesn't make sense
Vote Notme
although what if he's been blackmailed into this
tip top lel

possible blackmailer shenanigans aside, these three posts:

are incompatible with each other as far as i'm concerned

raxo is pretty much a weight on the town's shoulders whichever way his alignment goes anyway, so we might as well get this over with imo

vote Notme
Right, this is the detail I was overlooking. I haven't been following as closely so I'd forgotten he'd claimed vanilla townie.

Like I said, I'm hesitant to put infected, so this makes more sense.

Unvote

Vote Notme
Update on vote: I am more confident in voting notme than the three most talkative guys who have made themselves suspicious of each other. Those three being infected, Myusername22, and unusual_dood.
The only person who didn't, and which I could see as being suspicious in there is webpaige's, which I will get onto later because she's slowly climbing higher and higher on the suspicion ladder for me.
Quarter chats and stuff:

So far it seems to me that the chats were just randomly assigned to every player in the game such that there were four chats with four players in each. hip is probably in science, though when it comes to the question of whether there is a mafia member in every single chat, I would say that if there was, it probably wasn't intentional, since that would provide quite a lot of power to mafia.

Nevertheless, I am growing increasingly suspicious of the members in my chat simply because they're all alive, and this is supported by the numbers as well - assuming that there are 3 mafia members left in the game (4 including notty), that means that there is a 96% chance of there being at least one mafia among arelic, oog and inffy (and really, just about any other three person combination in the game), which means that having talked to them at night before, any suspicions I gain will likely be on one of those three (right now I'm suspicious of inffy but I have questions)
Except:

Lieutenant K1nghoward, the Chief Medical Officer, has been killed.
Doctor; Heads science department.
Clearly the chats are linked with our roles, so rather than being random, it seems tied to your role (which in itself is random I guess but yeah).
though when it comes to the question of whether there is a mafia member in every single chat, I would say that if there was, it probably wasn't intentional, since that would provide quite a lot of power to mafia.
Why does it give a lot of power to the mafia?

Why are you assuming there are 3 mafia members left in the game?

One thing that I'm noticing now is how this post is self-contradictory. If you read through the entire claim Inffy first talks about how said blackmailer claimed that Inffy would be their "toy" for the rest of the game, but further down the message he says that he is no longer being attacked by the blackmailer.
Yes, which is why I thought they were probably roleblocked.
While it is certainly valid to argue that the blackmailer was perhaps blocked on the second day, the fact that we haven't seen any blackmailing action since day 1 kinda makes this slightly suspicious.
How would we 'see blackmailing action', unless what happened to be happens where they stop blackmailing someone and they can reveal it? Also, Unu said yesterday they wouldn't comment on whether or not they were visited last night, which smells of potential blackmail to me. And again, the blackmailer could have been blocked.

Moreover, your argument that you were able to chat with us without any restrictions last night - that didn't quite make sense since despite being free you carried on with your lie throughout the night, not once mentioning the idea of a blackmailer. You said that you "had to" lie but you didn't really explain it, so I'd like to get a clarification.
I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AND THERE'S A BLACKMAILER ROLE/MECHANIC

Ltin told me that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone that I was being blackmailed during any day/night cycle that succeeded the night that I had been blackmailed (so if I was blackmailed n1 I couldn't speak about it D1 or N2 for example [and the fact that he detailed this made me think there were night chats which is why I believed foggy's claim when he mentioned the general quarters thing]) and made it clear that I'd be killed n2 if I failed.

To prove my claims and show I'm not lying for whatever reason about it, last night I was in a chat with Mulbery Ooglie101 and Arelic and I spoke without rhyme there (since I only have to do my blackmail task in the day, as confirmed by ltin). I told them at the time that Ltin had just told me I could now speak freely and wasn't sure why but I lied there too since I had to, but the fact I could rhyme there, I'd argue, kinda proves that I didn't have brain damage, since you'd expect brain damage to carry over into the night I guess.
I'm gonna move onto making a post about paige now so expect that soon!

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score

While it is certainly valid to argue that the blackmailer was perhaps blocked on the second day, the fact that we haven't seen any blackmailing action since day 1 kinda makes this slightly suspicious. Moreover, your argument that you were able to chat with us without any restrictions last night - that didn't quite make sense since despite being free you carried on with your lie throughout the night, not once mentioning the idea of a blackmailer. You said that you "had to" lie but you didn't really explain it, so I'd like to get a clarification.
Since it is a day later, does anybody want to come forward about being 'blackmailed' yesterday or is there nobody willing to step forward?