Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Continue the thread as is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"...I'm the Guardian of Chaos. Usually, the name Chaos puts people off, so this time around I had introduced myself as Order."
Cairne raised his arms in mock surrender.
"Lying about our identities does more harm than good, no?"

A wispy, hardly visible, darkish orb grew from his outstretched palms and flew off towards the scythe, briefly encasing it in a murky shroud, which fades after a moment.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
((Jegus fuck people
If he feels an elemental chart is the best way to explain his magical weaknesses/etc., he's allowed to make a freaking elemental chart

Fire:
fire is considered by most to be the bane of cold, as cold is the absence of heat. However, while fire can take Catcocomics down quickly, his frost fire turns heat into light.

Flight can normally give/take flight from other creatures, but Catcocomics technically isn't a creature, and an attempt to take this ability may lose both of them more than just their flight...
Oh gosh you should've seen my face at the first one
Thought process: "does that mean he can surround himself in frost fire and become somewhat immune holy shit that's cool"
As for the second...I'm sorry I laughed X'D I just imagined them like flailing away from each other like "WHOAH BUDDY"
Do I win lol))

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
((Jegus fuck people
If he feels an elemental chart is the best way to explain his magical weaknesses/etc., he's allowed to make a freaking elemental chart

Oh gosh you should've seen my face at the first one
Thought process: "does that mean he can surround himself in frost fire and become somewhat immune holy shit that's cool"
As for the second...I'm sorry I laughed X'D I just imagined them like flailing away from each other like "WHOAH BUDDY"
Do I win lol))
((Oh for fuck's sake.

1.) This ain't pokémon.
2.) Who cares if he's made out of/the element of ice. A -50 celsius rock of Ice is going to cause him just as much as a concussion as it will to anyone else.
Their Element only defines their arsenal to fight other attacks with. Ross could use his water to extinguish Topaz' fire before it reaches him. But being the element of water doesn't mean fire won't burn a hole in his face any less than it would burn someone else.))

• Thank You
Reactions: Hunter

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Edit: Fiesta said what I wanted to say better than I could, so I'm just gonna edit it out.

Although I wouldn't go so far as to say that being the element of water wouldn't stop fire. don't think there's anything wrong with rping your character as a physical manifestation of your element (or in some characteristics, at least) as long as you give prior notice. That's just a personal preference thing.

"Things are that bad? That we would kill each other, rather than do our duty?" She pauses, stares off towards the barren horizon.

"Perhaps we are meant to die, if things are that broken, and pave the way for our better suited successors." She turns back to Ross, eyes glowing. "But if our time is limited as you say, then we need to do as much as we can in that period."

Timdood3

Last edited:

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
((As for Fiesta's question about why I'm giving control of Endal to Hunter once Light's cured, I feel like he's the best man for the job. That's all.))
((I have many objections. But oh well, I guess >.> I'll be off for a long time myself, anyway. Need to set my priorities straight.))

Catcocomics

Reaction score
((The 'pokemon style' list of strengths and weaknesses felt kind of necessary, as well as an explanation for each one.
Most of the strengths and weaknesses are based on how effective they'd be per successful hit with/against that kind of element.
These ratings are only for when Catcocomics is facing the element alone, without alterations like making the element solid being considered, since a giant slab of stone will probably be just as effective as a giant slab of ice, or solidified fire.
'Weak to' also pays less attention to what would happen if Catcocomics were to try blocking these abilities, and he does have two different kinds of shields that defend differently against different elements.
Tell me if I should say how effective my character's different shields and attacks are to different elements, as the first list of strengths/weaknesses was more of an over-all.

I also found the time to try explaining each one with something that could make sense, like light not being able to use his element to cause actual damage to Catcocomics, just blind him (the light spheres can damage Catcocomics, they're just less effective than normal because they're a mixture of light damage and projectile damage).

Few things, like projectile damage, are rated for their notable chances of hitting or missing.
Some factors, like 'chaos', are more or less effective for reasons people familiar with D&D would call 'will'.

It is also worth noting that [BCOLOR=#0000ff]Technology[/BCOLOR] and elements associated with life and [BCOLOR=#003300]nature[/BCOLOR] are particularly effective against Catcocomics' magical abilities, technology being a simple -less easily explained- trump-card against him and the other 4 having to do with the fact that Catcocomics is technically 'dead'.))

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
this is not even pokemon
this is a worldbuilding activity, not fighters of the elements: battle royale
CaffeinatedKitty i seriously do not understand any of your thought processes behind your posts
also, nearly all of these supposed "weaknesses" have no relevance to the rp scenario
and what the hell is this about jalapenos

^all of this should not even have to be said

not that it matters anyway as literally nothing about your character has been changed

Last edited:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
((Oh hi Hunter, your recent posts regarding my character kind of remind me of how your character would likely react to mine.
this is not even pokemon
this is a worldbuilding activity, not fighters of the elements: battle royale
I know this isn't pokemon. In fact, I haven't even played an actual pokemon game. I also know that this isn't a 'battle royale', no one has treated it or thought of it as such (unless you want to be the first), but because some characters have been having conflicts that often led to combat, it'll be better that we know what m character can/can't fight/defend against.
In case you didn't notice me try to tell you or others, my character's goal on this planet is to try and prevent the select few characters who have gone insane from preventing the other people from building the world.
also, nearly all of these supposed "weaknesses" have no relevance to the rp scenario
maybe they don't now that my character is split into 3 different forms, each with new sets of strengths/weaknesses, but then, my character isn't supposed to be this way for the rest of the RP, it's more just another chapter in another book for him.
That, and almost all of the elements in the chart have an active guardian that can use them, whether or not they're currently on good terms with Catcocomics.
Explain to me again how these weaknesses have no relevance to the main RP scenario, which is of most people trying to build a planet while a select few distract them from their tasks by fighting.
and what the hell is this about jalapenos
What? Am I not allowed to make my character actually be more than some guy who can fly and fight?
A character isn't a character without various traits to give them some kind of personality, and all though it may have no relevance at present, flora growing jalapenos some time in the future doesn't sound far fetched to me.

...if you're going to make a type matchup chart, at least have the forethought to fill it out completely
I did.
Any element not shown on the chart is of normal effectiveness/resistance.
I shouldn't have to say that, but apparently I do.
Now, if what you meant by that is "why didn't you have the forethought to put a chart for everything essential", call it human factor.))

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Guardian of Wind

*Airis kept holding his sister. Tryng not to tear up even more*

"Yes, Alouette. Don't ever forget that we'll always be there for each other."

*He then used his left arm to wipe his tears*

"Want to go back to the group?"

---------------

(( CaffeinatedKitty ))

Last edited:

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
I'm just going to point out, once again, that you've already been told to change your character or make a new one by the moderator of this roleplay and you have neglected to do that.))

I also had a long rant prepared about how your character is a problem because he's this weird completely out of place thing in the roleplay, which means he has to have all these special corollaries and whatever and make him such a ridiculous, obvious, mary sue, but i remembered that i'm not good at putting together well constructed arguments in the heat of the moment so i'm just gonna drop that tack for now.))

edit: oh and hunter replied to thing, preparing a response now because I didn't notice that when talking to Tim.))

"Lying only delays what must be done." she says, turning away from Ross to Cairne. "But it's a forgivable lapse. I don't understand why you would do so, but admitting it to us was the smart thing to do." She frowns, looking at him with her features strained. "I can't... remember, what your purpose is, but I doubt you can help me and Ross right now."

Hunter

Last edited:
  • Agree

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
((WHATS UP ITS TIME TO INTRODUCE MY CHARACTER
I hope none of you are pissed that I'm going to be entering right now but I'm really excited to hop in so HERE WE GO))

The planet's gravity began to hook onto Ark and pull him towards it. After everything that happened, he was much too tired to protest and let his body slowly drag toward the giant sphere, picking up speed. Soon enough, he felt the familiar feeling of breathing, but the same air began to lick at his body and burn with a horrible sensation. However, Ark was already in enough pain, and his body wasn't going to burn away any time soon.

Ark always wondered what it was like falling from space. He thought it would take years, but it was surprisingly short. Struggling against the air, he lifted his chin upward, positioning his face toward the ground in his nosedive. He was surprised to be able to already make out some details in the ground. As he plummeted further, he noticed little dots that he identified as people. He hoped he wouldn't crash into any of them, but he was definitely going to land close. Suddenly, he felt cold. He knew this could only mean one thing. Ark tried to sit back up, desperately grabbing for his tattered and ripped clothes. It seems that they were so worn that the fall ripped them right off. Ark knew his efforts were futile and he watched in sorrow as his garments flew away from him in a millisecond. Everything went horribly wrong, but Ark couldn't help but let a weak laugh slip through his lips and fade into the atmosphere above him. "This is going to take some explaining." Ark closed his eyes and let his weariness lull him to sleep as he prepared for impact.

((How's that for a plot twist~
I look forward to roleplaying with all of you!

Name: Ark
Guardian type: Unknown
Race: Human
Height: 6'7”
Weight: 217 lbs.
Build: Skinny, muscular, like a swimmer :-----) (just choosing it because its familiar to me mmk)
Origin: Unknown
Languages: English, German, Latin
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White (Sorry)
Eyes (iris color): Piercing white (very bright, think of the black pupil and then the outline and details of an iris but very light and without color)
Hair: Black
Attire: Well, currently nothing huehue
Other notable features: Long eyelashes and other small details giving him an ever-so-slightly young/feminine face, has two very large scars on his shoulder blades
Accessories: Jewelry: (right arm/hand) 2 small gold wristbands, 1 thick gold wristband with inscriptions, 3 medium gold wristbands, 1 white ring on pinky, 3 rings on ring finger (1 silver with inscriptions, 1 black with inscriptions, 1 gold), 2 gold rings on pointer finger - - - (left hand) 1 thick black wristband, 1 gold ring on pointer finger
Weapons: golden staff imbued with strengthening magic to make it able to be used as a weapon
Personality: Very innocent and morally upstanding. He is opposed to violence and bad feelings. He is a bit uninformed and curious and is normally serious, although he does have a humorous side. A very soft talker with a normally-pitched voice.
Special skills: Small beginner magic
Weaknesses: Harsh scolding, heavy gore, fire
Fears: His visions, spiders, darkness, solitude, [and obviously] harsh scolding, heavy gore, fire
Likes: Other people, peace, quiet, books, food, and maybe another Guardian by the time I'm done because I'm a sucker for romance aspects I mean come on guys
Dislikes: Hatred, evil, pain, spicy foods
Tell me if I'm not doin it right guys))

Last edited:

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"Well.....Everything needs a little bit of Chaos. Do you want your trees and flowers to be in a grid pattern? Chaos isn't strictly a bad thing. It can definitely be used to make things difficult, but it can also allow things to mingle in ways they otherwise wouldn't be able to be. I propose this: You create an array of plant life, as far as you can reach. I'll help support it with water. And then Cairne sprinkles a little Chaos in there. What do you guys say?"
Kloud_Strife Hunter

Catcocomics

Reaction score
((The planet was kind of sentient from the start... And I suppose it is plausible, but I'd like to see how others think this will go.

Never said you had to change your character, just that you need to be a Guardian or you need to leave.

It's not the non-Guardian thing that bothers people, it's just that your character's too OP as one.))
((Could you please state your latest changes because unless you meant the profile from earlier, I didn't notice them .-.))
((So uh, Faliara never said these things?
Or maybe you two don't recall how my character was before I made the profile, where his frost fire would destroy virtually any spell and he had less weaknesses.
Now, I do know that a frequent complaint is my character's Omnipotence, which really just consisted of showing abilities as they came along (introducing frost fire when entering a dark cave), and a few other things (like the blizzard beacon creating a massive blizzard, or frost fire being a literal trump card).
With the new profile, we see that I have done something to nerf frost fire, making it only effective against three elements, and the "omnipotence" where my character knew exactly what to do/what was going on has not been seen past the blizzard beacon.))

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
A loud thump sounds as a shape lands right beside Zwn. Concerned, she turns to look a it and is greeted by a young boy who appears to be--- oh gOD NO. "W-WHAT TH-THE," she screeches, immediately covering her face with her hands, "N-NO ARRGGHHH!!"
The small girl runs a short distance and squeaks softly, her face flushing red as she turns her back to the newcomer. "Noooo-ooooooooooooooooo," she whines, "what th-the heeeeeelllllllll!??????????" The embarrassed guardian shakes her head vigorously while still keeping her hands glued to her red face. "Mmmnnnggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

(That reaction tho S_swimmer )

Catcocomics

Reaction score
((Ok, first of all, that quote is from at least two pages ago, therefore at least one page before the posts I quoted, so your quote holds less validity.
Any how, I'm starting to find it to be way too much trouble to continue even looking at this thread, for how hell-bent you and Hunter seem to be at completely rejecting me.))

BYE

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
((Ok, first of all, that quote is from at least two pages ago, therefore at least one page before the posts I quoted, so your quote holds less validity.
Any how, I'm starting to find it to be way too much trouble to continue even looking at this thread, for how hell-bent you and Hunter seem to be at completely rejecting me.))

BYE
((I don't see that quote being any less valid than it was before. You were given a bottom line. Then continued arguing fruitlessly. I fare thee well. Know that you are welcome to return as a Guardian whenever you wish. But to prevent conflict later: There is no Guardian of Ice.))