Mafia Lite 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Who do you find most suspicious, and why?: Jinks. When I called out as a joke it is jinks because jinks always kills ooglie first he got pretty defensive. Which is the most suspicious thing I have to go on.
Who do you not find suspicious, and why?: Digi, not a realy idea as to why.
What do you think of yourself in this game?: Oh I'm always suspicious.

• Love
Reactions: digi
Reaction score
Just a question... what would be wrong with a no-lynch? (Not straight away...)

It seems like right now we are going in circles! We could get some useful copformation (cop information) too.

Obviously there's the daunting idea that one of us will die tonight (unless doc makes us proud... if there is a doc .-. ), but that would happen anyway? This way we avoid having 2 villagers killed in such a short span of time.

(Just my 2 cents)

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Just a question... what would be wrong with a no-lynch? (Not straight away...)

It seems like right now we are going in circles! We could get some useful copformation (cop information) too.

Obviously there's the daunting idea that one of us will die tonight (unless doc makes us proud... if there is a doc .-. ), but that would happen anyway? This way we avoid having 2 villagers killed in such a short span of time.

(Just my 2 cents)
We'd basicly give the mafia a night to kill someone. Which would probabily be me since I didn't get CC'd. So I assume ooglie was the doc. In which case I would die and tomorrow you have nothing more to go on then today.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Who do you find most suspicious, and why?:
Ultimate Budgie-- I don't recall playing with him in other Mafia Games, so I can't get an idea of how his game style is.
77_is_the_best-- For some reason I think 77 is analytical, and only has something to say when it's worth saying.
I don't necessarily suspect Sploorky or Notty, but I find them threats in a way where what they say can prove to be very influential. Which is dangerous if they're Mafia.
Who do you not find suspicious, and why?:
Ansoro-- Which could come back and bite me in the arse if he turns out to be Mafia.
What do you think of yourself in this game?:
I'm usually very reserved and tend to bandwagon a lot because I'm lazy. Not anymore. My way of voting is usually based on gut feeling rather than logic. Which is reckless, I know.
Still I'm sticking with my vote.
Unless anyone is willing to come out with something...anything.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
A no-lynch would only be useful in a jailer setup. Considering we don't have any, it would be unwise.

Who do you find most suspicious, and why?: Infernofox. Up to this point, he's been lurking like a pro. He's only made two small appearances on the front page, all of them concerning cop claims.
Who do you not find suspicious, and why?: It's an EpicMafia game. Nobody is not suspicious.
What do you think about yourself in this game?: Town unity man. We need town unity. MarsKid for presidential candidate plz.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
A no-lynch would only be useful in a jailer setup. Considering we don't have any, it would be unwise.

Who do you find most suspicious, and why?: Infernofox. Up to this point, he's been lurking like a pro. He's only made two small appearances on the front page, all of them concerning cop claims.
Who do you not find suspicious, and why?: It's an EpicMafia game. Nobody is not suspicious.
What do you think about yourself in this game?: Town unity man. We need town unity. MarsKid for presidential candidate plz.
I'd like to run against you as a candidate. Currently I am a cop so I know the laws. So I also know the little flaws in them. With me as your leader I can make sure those little flaws won't exist anymore. First order of business: No more janitors!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Also I am unsure how this day should continue. I'm going to vote for my main suspicion: Jinks.
Jinks responded pretty defensive in a way which sounded mafia-like to me.

A no-lynch would be bad. But we don't really have any leads. So I'm going to vote for my main suspicion.

Vote Da_jinks

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I only responded the way I did because I know you've played Mafia with me before and know I often kill you or Ooglie night 1 since I know you guys are good. I am not Mafia, and have been trying to help as much as I can this day.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Who do you find most suspicious, and why?: No one at the moment, i don't have much to go off of for actual suspicion, most of it would be based on person knowledge and feeling towards other, but i dont want that to get in the way so for no i fos (Finger of Suspicion) no one.

Who do you not find suspicious, and why?: Obviously myself, and since no one CC'd notty im gonna predict the worse case scenerio and either the cop or doc was killed last night.

What do you think of yourself in this game?: I'm gonna keep reading everyones post and scumhunt, but as of now i dont have much.

In an unrelated note i made a new account on epic mafia so if you play on that add me.
http://www.epicmafia.com/user/318390#/

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Who do you find most suspicious, and why?: No one at the moment, i don't have much to go off of for actual suspicion, most of it would be based on person knowledge and feeling towards other, but i dont want that to get in the way so for no i fos (Finger of Suspicion) no one.

Who do you not find suspicious, and why?: Obviously myself, and since no one CC'd notty im gonna predict the worse case scenerio and either the cop or doc was killed last night.

What do you think of yourself in this game?: I'm gonna keep reading everyones post and scumhunt, but as of now i dont have much.

In an unrelated note i made a new account on epic mafia so if you play on that add me.
*completely ignores my post and continues to try and fly under the radar*

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score

For someone who has suspicion on him for lurking, I kinda felt there would be more to this...

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Alrighty so I am sceptical that Notty could be mafia since he would have had no idea of Ooglie's role and a cop would have of CC'd. I am indeed a civilian as he says. Sooo lets begin!

Infernofox has only asked for a CC from another cop and hasn't said anything else. Flying under the radar!

vote Infernofox

I asked for a CC so we can verify what situation we are in

If the cop is CC'd that means doc and cop are both still alive, unless the janitor isn't good and CC'd anyway.

Now because no one has CC'd the role of cop we can confirm for a fact that one of 2 things are gonna happen
Notty is the real cop so he is going to die tonight because the doc is dead
Notty is the Janitor posing as cop because the janitor knows he killed the cop N1

As for the reason i havn't said anything else is because their isnt anything else to say. Am i supposed to jump to out a fos on another player based on so little evidence every has put out, or because of their history as mafia players. The short answer is no.

As for the part where you claimed civilian, that is unconfirmed since notty can be the Janitor who is protecting another mafia, prob lawyer in your case.

Until we can confirm if notty is the janitor or actual cop, you are not clear.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Also i would like to add that there are 9 people total, 3 mafia and 6 town. If we ml(Miss-lynch) and then mafia kills, then it would be 3 maf and 4 town so we can afford to ml.

I would recommend a rl (Random Lynch) today because we can afford to do it today and that works in towns favor. We shouldnt lynch notty or his clear and otherwise we can either hunt down someone today and hope for the best if we lynch.

Now if we nl (no-Lynch) then the game would progress as so
D1 (9 total 6 Town - 3 Maf)
D2 (8 Total 5 Town - 3 Maf)

This makes another nl possible on day 2, however we cant afford to miss-lynch on day 2 making it a mylo (Miss-lynch and lose)

Since i dont like long posts ill say my suspicions up to this point in the next post

Sploorky

Reaction score
infernofox Thank you for the post, I get where you're coming from now.

In most games with this setup, 90% of the time, a claimed cop would get counter claimed. The fact that there was no counter claim is out of the ordinary, and suspecting notty because of it is actually really valid.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
My FOS

Infernofox - Im a blue (Villager) so of course i view myself as inno (innocent)

77_is_the_best - A little suspicious on how aggressive he is acting and how he is tunneling on me as a single player, however since he is claimed inno by notty, i have to put my fos aside on him for a while. If notty dies tonight i can safely confirm 77 as clear, but otherwise my suspicion on him is still existent.

ansoro2112 - Seems to not be very experienced in this setup at the least. Most of what he posted is filler and aggression, but thats nothing to fos over too much. Only issue i see is that he seems to jump to conclusions way too fast

Da Jinks - You seem experienced in mafia so i should have a right to fear you a little. As you said that you play mafia with 77 and oog, that gives me reason to suspect one of you two are mafia and one of you killed oog. This fact is gonna be my main figure of suspicion for the time being. I cant 100% garuntee that this is the case, but i am sure one of you two are mafia, and im leaning towards you because of Notty's claim

Nottykitten - Only cop claim meaning your either the real cop, or the janitor. No way of knowing until tonight, but if you live expect a lot of suspicion against you. If you die we lose a cop, however it clears 77 as a player making him a good leader for the group

Sploorky - Nothing you posted makes me suspicious and i realy have no evidence against you. I dont fos you, however you are not clear at this point

MarsKid - Same as sploorky, i have nothing to really fos you with and your posts dont make you seem scummy.

Digitalmez - Either you are new to mafia and don't understand how important the day 1 lynch is, or you are maf trying to get a bw (Bandwagon) on sploorky. I'm gonna settle for the first scenerio for now, however i do find you suspicious for trying to start a bandwagon with a poor reason
You should never lynch another player because of performance from another game

UltimateBudgie - You honestly seem like a typical mafia player to me. Nothing too much to suspect, but nothing that really clears you up. 50/50 on you.

Now from my perspective Lynching DJ would be towns best bet on day 1 due to the highlighted evidence. I can almost garuntee unless the first kill knew that information beforehand, that one of you two are guilty.

Before any BW starts, i highly reccomend that people discuss their opinions first and to stop filler posting and tunneling.

Sploorky

Reaction score
The fact that there was no counter claim is out of the ordinary, and suspecting notty because of it is actually really valid.
Yet despite the obvious suspicion, it would be very unwise to lynch the only chance at a cop that we have got at d1!
Nah, wasn't jumping to that. I just don't think inferno's behavior was whack or that he was trying to fly under the radar.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Also let me make a post with common mafia terminology since i use them a lot

nl - No lynch
ml - Miss Lynch (Accidently lynching a townie)
rl - Random Lynch (Lynching a player at random, or with minimal evidence)
Mylo - Miss-Lynch and lose (A case where miss-lynching will cause a loss)
Lylo - Lynch or lose (A case where a mafia needs to be lyncher or else town loses)
fos - Finger of suspicion (A person who is primarily suspected)
Clear - A player who is confirmed town
Naked - A Player who's role is revealed by an oracle
bw - Bandwagon (When one person votes someone and everyone else follows for no reason)
Hammer - The last vote needed to make a lynch or a no-lynch
Claim/Out - Claiming your role
CC - Counter Claim (Claiming a role that has already been called)
Blue - A villager

I think thats everything

• Thank You
Reactions: Ansoro2112

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Thanks for those mafia terminology. Helps a lot.

And lynching someone is fine with me. The thing is that we don't really have enough information about everyone at this point. Does claiming roles would help with something? Or that's just a dumb thing to do at this point? I know several will lie about their role but I bet something will come up if we do that.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Thanks for those mafia terminology. Helps a lot.

And lynching someone is fine with me. The thing is that we don't really have enough information about everyone at this point. Does claiming roles would help with something? Or that's just a dumb thing to do at this point? I know several will lie about their role but I bet something will come up if we do that.

no problem, if you have a question on terminology feel free to ask.

Claiming roles would be pointless other than cop since everyone will prob claim blue.

I guess another approach we could take is have the oracle claim their role if they are on someone who is alive and then lynch them to have a clear to work with tomorrow.

Otherwise i would recommend lynching Da Links for the reasons posted above

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Claiming does nothing. All we'll get is a bunch of people saying random roles and arguing over who is the best candidate for them. Also, it gives the Janitor a huge advantage, considering he can't be CC'd.

So I guess we review the two prime suspicions: Da Jinks and infernofox, Jinks for his defensive mannerisms and inferno for his pro-lurking for a chunk of the game.

Overly-defensive isn't a typical mafia strategy; it puts you under too much town scrutiny. But, Jinks could be a naturally defensive person, or is frustrated at being picked out. Pushing that aside, however, I don't have too much suspicion on him admittedly.

Inferno, however, was doing well avoiding conflict by using the most popular EpicMafia scum strategy: lurking. I've played EpicMafia enough to know nearly all scummy players lurk. Considering this is an Epic setup, that strategy is definitely in play. Also, this is a small game; the vocal players can easily take center stage, blocking the more quiet players from view.

My current two cents. Jinks and Inferno are our prime suspects in my opinion. Digi is only acting on a vendetta, and something like that just screams angry town player. Throwing yourself out there as a mafia member would be an awful move, as it puts you in right in the center of the spotlight.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Claiming does nothing. All we'll get is a bunch of people saying random roles and arguing over who is the best candidate for them. Also, it gives the Janitor a huge advantage, considering he can't be CC'd.

So I guess we review the two prime suspicions: Da Jinks and infernofox, Jinks for his defensive mannerisms and inferno for his pro-lurking for a chunk of the game.

Overly-defensive isn't a typical mafia strategy; it puts you under too much town scrutiny. But, Jinks could be a naturally defensive person, or is frustrated at being picked out. Pushing that aside, however, I don't have too much suspicion on him admittedly.

Inferno, however, was doing well avoiding conflict by using the most popular EpicMafia scum strategy: lurking. I've played EpicMafia enough to know nearly all scummy players lurk. Considering this is an Epic setup, that strategy is definitely in play. Also, this is a small game; the vocal players can easily take center stage, blocking the more quiet players from view.

My current two cents. Jinks and Inferno are our prime suspects in my opinion. Digi is only acting on a vendetta, and something like that just screams angry town player. Throwing yourself out there as a mafia member would be an awful move, as it puts you in right in the center of the spotlight.

Let me defend myself against this. I am in school on weekdays, I get a lot of work because of hard classes and midterms so i don't have a lot of time to really look over the posts until now. Thats why i seemed to lurk a lot when in reality i simply didnt even look at the thread.

Now my next thing is how i would like to re-mention my point on Jinks
As you said that you play mafia with 77 and oog, that gives me reason to suspect one of you two are mafia and one of you killed oog.

This makes him a prime suspect for mafia. Am i saying BW lynch him right now? No, just im saying be careful of him and keep lynching him in concideration.

Now the other way we can rl today is by lynching the oracle. If the oracle is on a living person, we can lynch the oracle to have their role revealed
the next day that makes these scenarios possible
4/7 chance of getting a clear on town
3/7 chance of getting a guilty on a mafia

If we get a clear we can all claim to them, have them make a decision, and then have them hammer if need be. A clear can also reveal a CC or could also help pinpoint a mafia member or confim a power role.

If we find a mafia member naked, we can lynch them and reduce their number to 2.

I would reccomend one of the two approaches above, the Lycnh on Jink's is a high risk high reward move, where as lynching an oracle can be just as rewarding with a little bit of luck.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Hmm, I am mostly suspicious of Digi and Budgie at the moment. Voting infernofox straight up was mostly a reaction test, and I believe he speaks sense so i'll leave him alone for now.

Originally I wasnt going to claim and cause up a bit of disturbance to try and catch a mafia but when Notty pretty much said I was innocent I decided to claim. I dont think we should lynch Notty today because he has a high chance of being the cop however we should definitely keep him in our sights over the coming days.

As for who to lynch I am thinking Digi at the moment but for now...

unvote

Status
Not open for further replies.