[POLL] What server would you most like to see back?

[POLL] What server would you most like to see back?

• Zombie

Votes: 42 27.8%
  • Lava

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • TNT

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Primordia

Votes: 22 14.6%
  • Adventure & Tournaments [A&T]

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • Solitude

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Hunger Games

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Vampire

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • I don't want to see an old server return

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I wouldn't know about the older servers (NOOB FOR THE WIN) but I've heard a lot of good things about A&T. I doubt that any classic servers will come back but, I voted truthfully for TNT.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Its an easy choice for me. I would say zombie but that will never come back the way it was.

So I said Primordia. Basicly because the server only had 4 clans (families). It brought people closer together. Newer people made friends because they were accepted in any of the clans. I like that idea. And also it had some awesome plugins/rules!

storm886

Reaction score
Now that zombie is gone..... I realize how much I loved it. I miss playing on it with a packed server. Those were fun times. I just don't know if it would ever reach that activity level again, doubt it. I don't know if this would work or whatever. But I'd be happy having the server for like a month/week (depending upon how you guys pay for the servers (idk)) a year. Maybe we could have Zombie up in July and December as a special event.

My second choice would be Primordia. I never actually got to really play this server to its full extent due to the fact that I just started playing it like 2 weeks before its end. When I was there though, I thought it was really fun. I really love the idea of having the four clans and I like the PvP there. I do understand though that the developers had problems with all the plugins. I don't think all of the plugins are necessary. I would be happy with only a few. I just loved the four clan scenario. But if it is reintroduced, both it and JtE could not survive. Only one would come out victorious. I have a feeling it would be Primordia.

• Optimistic
Reactions: omgitsathong

Riketr

Reaction score
I'd really like to see SMP 4 gone forever, because of how it ended.
Seriously. It pretty much ended with the whole server being about PVP.
And whenever I actually had what I usually had (iron armor, diamond sword) I got killed.
And it was usually by another player.
RECAP TO LAST TIME IT HAPPENED
So I was just heading back down from SBG base, and Baker was nearby. I meant peace, but out of nowhere, he just started attacking me. I tried to defend myself, but I died. I did not get my stuff back, and since then, I did not play it that much.

Spencer75

Reaction score
On that list the only servers I've really played on were Lava, Zombie and TNT. I'd played Solitude once before, but after my farm got raided and I died I didn't bother playing again.

I've heard a lot of good things about A&T, so I voted for that.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
As a person who also never played Primordia, what are the main differences between it and JtE, what it was about, etc.
It was amazing.

http://blocktopia.net/wiki/Primordia

The main appeal of the server was the existence of a family system. Four families, by the names of Dagon, Aeres, Gaia and Primus all had different governments run by players and individual towns within. There were merchants, raiders, an online shop, and ports to take you to different lands.

All in all, my favorite SMP experience by far. Myself? I was originally an Aerite, a member of Aeres that specialized in fighting and defending the family. However, I loved raiding other families more than anything, which Aeres (mostly) disapproved of; subsequently, I decided to go rogue and live off the land in one of the few freebuild zones, making my living by stealing and killing.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
As a person who also never played Primordia, what are the main differences between it and JtE, what it was about, etc.
It was amazing.

http://blocktopia.net/wiki/Primordia

The main appeal of the server was the existence of a family system. Four families, by the names of Dagon, Aeres, Gaia and Primus all had different governments run by players and individual towns within. There were merchants, raiders, an online shop, and ports to take you to different lands.

All in all, my favorite SMP experience by far. Myself? I was originally an Aerite, a member of Aeres that specialized in fighting and defending the family. However, I loved raiding other families more than anything, which Aeres (mostly) disapproved of; subsequently, I decided to go rogue and live off the land in one of the few freebuild zones, making my living by stealing and killing.
The main appeal for me was the RPG aspect.

Ssonicmovies

Reaction score
My first server was zombie survival and it was my favourite ever since.
I was 13 and had a decent english. I discovered minecraft 2 months before I found classic servers and zombie survival as my FIRST server. When I started playing, I was a complete noob. I was playing with people I didn't know and was trying to understand the rules and what to do. Then I started to play better and better and wanted to be noticed like the pro players there, so I started saying hi to everyone and start random conversations. I spoke to ops and they were just simply awesome. They were nice and cool, not greedy like in many other servers. I then got gradually popular and people started to say hi everytime i logged in. I made a lot of friends. After a while, I had a LOT of arguments and got banned several times. Good and bad things happened, but it was one of the best experiences i ever had in gaming.
After two years, here I am, after being gone for months, finally returned to blocktopia and... this happens. Classic servers... GONE. Many friends I made... GONE. A lot of things happened, and after i got back, seeing all this just made me realise how much this community changed my life. How much I cared about you guys. And it all started on zombie survival. That's why I would want it back.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
... I wouldn't say that. Well, in my opinion.

I was the starting leader of Gaia, and I just ruined everything. Never again will I be a leader of an extremely large group of people. ;~;

Trust me, it's much easier to be the leader of 3 ~ 6 people than it is 80 ~ 100 or so people.

... Although, I did quite like the RPG aspect of the server. Classes, skills to unlock, secondary classes with further changed what you could craft... JtE somewhat has classes, but it's not nearly the same as Primordia.

The only problem with the system, though, was that there would be some people who would just be overpowered, extremely.

I believe they changed something later on, that later tiers can't fight anyone but their own tiers, kind of like EverQuest 2's system where if you're too high leveled, you can't attack lower levels. I don't think that worked well, either.

-~-~-~-

Onto my vote. What I voted for was Solitude... But only if there were some things fixed on it.

Many people left Solitude, probably for the fact it was always empty... But, how do you fix a server being empty because no one wants to play in an empty server? Many people died from permadeath, waiting for the next time they could go on (which I would love to keep on there) and there would be times people just didn't come back. But for the people who wanted to come back, there wasn't much to come back to... So the server would stay empty.

We currently have this problem with others servers I suppose, so there's not much we could do with it, except advertise, maybe on Reddit. When we had the server advertised on Reddit from using that one mod the server was based around, tons and tons of people logged on to play it. Even afterwards, plenty of players logged onto the server, thinking it was still Solitude. Obviously, they didn't pay attention to chat, but they came for Solitude nonetheless.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My list, 1st being the server I want back most:
1) Primordia
2) Solitude
3) A+T
4) Zombie
5) TnT
6) Vampire (I went inactive when this server was around so I don't really know much about it)
7) Lava
8) Hunger Games (the idea was good but it didn't work so well in my opinion :p )
But i'm guessing that A+T will be the server that actually comes back. :p
EDIT: Okay the Vampire server sounds really cool :eek:

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Honestly, I don't think we should have another Hunger Games server, really. Have you seen how many there are out there? There are even some that have changes in it, such as Shotbow Games!

Vampire was a bit of a 'why the hell not?' server, as it was just to fill in for an upcoming server, which I believe was SMP4.
Vampire was just a small server, as I said above. It had no intention of staying, as it was just a fill in server, something for us to do while we wait for them to fix some things before releasing SMP4.

Vampire had 3 (technically 4) races;
Human - Always needed. Humans played as normal, but were prone to becoming the next 3 races.

Vampire - Obvious one. Vampires could hit Humans, giving them a chance to become vampires. Vampires would be hurt in sunlight, and I believe could only eat specific things... Or maybe they didn't regenerate? I don't remember if this server was around when there was hunger or not... I dunno. Basically, you were a vampire, and you were stronger, but you had some weaknesses.

Lychin (Werewolf) - I do believe these guys came from a different mod than vampires did. They were special, and came around near end of the server, before closing down. They had a cool transformation at night, which made them faster and more powerful, they just couldn't use a weapon... I think. I wasn't around during the time, but I just know they had a different look, which was really different at the time, as I've never seen any mods that changed the player to a completely different mob at the time.

Zombie - Yes, you'd turn into a zombie. You don't play as one, though... It's basically death. Everytime you get hit by a zombie, the mob, you have a chance to be infected. If you're infected, after some time, you instantly die. I do believe there was a cure, but I forget what it was exactly... Might have been mushroom stew, but I'm just thinking of Solitude at this point.

Once again, this server was just for the hell of it at the time. I doubt they would bring it back. :p
A&T was put down due to low popularity, but it was probably not so popular do to its buggy state. There's always a chance for return, as long as we can find supporting mods/plugins that won't go out for some time.

Don't forget that we also hosted a Tekkit server, too! Not many people played it, but it was fun. You can always play Tekkit/Technic alone, or with a small group of friends, but they're not always available. Then you have me, where I lag like crazy, but lag less on servers as they're hosted by someone else. It would be a nice thing to have, I suppose... Just don't know about griefers. I think it would be harder to rollback the things in Tekkit than in, say, JtE.

~-~-~-~

I think I'm still on the Solitude boat, but I would be completely fine with Primordia returning, too. I would explain about Primordia, what I know, but you have a wiki and the archives. Go look at those.

Reactions: JKangaroo
Status
Not open for further replies.