Other Where We Are, Moving Forward, and an Apology

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Feel free to post any questions or concerns that you have in this thread - I know you all are full of opinions, and I'd love to hear them.
Jayfeather
Not everything has been decided, it would seem, and the people of the community also get a say (through voting, discussion, bickering, or otherwise).
That, or the people in charge risk backlash.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Jayfeather
Not everything has been decided, it would seem, and the people of the community also get a say (through voting, discussion, bickering, or otherwise).
That, or the people in charge risk backlash.
Well I mean the thing is this has all been stated before and I don't think anyone has any particular qualms about nillbug's new attempt is all. The only reason I could tell that the entire community had randomly turned to mutiny was that the Head Admins hadn't made an official statement yet on the state of Esc Restart

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
This is going to get me some hate, isn't it? Don't worry, I didn't say this all myself.
So I was chatting on Create earlier, and here's a few quotes about what came out.

Things would have gone much differently if GmK and Malc hadn't resigned.

GmK and Malc were pressurized by the community.

If the community would shut up, it might work.

This basically means we need to stop giving the admins such a hard time. They're probably going on "leave" to escape from this stress you're causing them. As long as they put the effort in to making this work, which is happening now, we should respect them for that, and stop bickering, in a thread about moving forward, about if the League TS group is a group or a clique.

The idea of EscRes being community-led was also touched on, and we discussed that you need someone to make the decisions, and also if we were community-led, we wouldn't get anywhere, especially with this bickering. We also talked about how people should stop putting in ideas without thinking of their consequences, and they should also respond to responses that relate to their idea instead of just the ones criticising the incentive behind the idea. Don't worry, this isn't aimed at one person.

Just a few thoughts from a little discussion.

paceboys

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I'd like to ask the League group how many people they've accepted into their lines in the past year. Because honestly I think if you were a bit more open (or at least, more open than you describe, since I don't know how your clique works), you could bring in a lot of people.
Very well know that I missed the boat here but uh

I know that you're not familar with teamspeak and I'm not at all trying to target the other groups, the private rooms are there for a reason, but there seems to be a lingering hate of the League of Legends players in this community and this might be one of the few situations where we're not at fault, AND I can back it up.

Once again, not targeting anyone. Just showing that it's not a teamspeak-related problem as to why we're not getting any members, especially in relation to the League of Legends group.

• Thank You
Reactions: 755someone755

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Very well know that I missed the boat here but uh

I know that you're not familar with teamspeak and I'm not at all trying to target the other groups, the private rooms are there for a reason, but there seems to be a lingering hate of the League of Legends players in this community and this might be one of the few situations where we're not at fault, AND I can back it up.

Once again, not targeting anyone. Just showing that it's not a teamspeak-related problem as to why we're not getting any members, especially in relation to the League of Legends group.
truuuu
I'll admit that in the past, fuck idk, year?, after the whole he-who-shall-not-be-named fiasco, that we (Other Games 5/3) haven't let anyone external in our little "group"; not to say necessarily because we didn't feel like letting them in (besides maybe 1-2 regulars), but because there wasn't anyone new that came to the TS server and asked to be let in. the people we don't let in today are people who we didnt have a strong opinion of in the first place, and they already know that, so there's no true issue with that, we aren't "bullying" considering the feeling is mutual. The League channel, honestly, is one of the chillest channels (besides a select couple).

And I don't want this to bring up the entire argument of "oh we should get rid of user rooms or set a member limit to these rooms" because that argument, personally, was silly and i'm glad it got stomped into the ground as fast as it did. The analogy has been brought up before, but I'll bring it up one more time for those in back. TeamSpeak, in a way, is like a lunch room. There's groups of people hanging out, chilling, minding their own business right? These people know each other real well, they know what they're like, what they like to talk about, their hobbies, etc. Then, little Kenny comes along, he's a new student here, and he doesn't have a place to sit. He really wants to find a place, though, because it'd just be boring with no one to talk to, right? well, how should Kenny approach these other groups, class?

Should he:
A) Barge in, ask to be friends, and leave as soon as he realizes he made things awkward?
B) Ask someone to come in and take things slow?
C) Just leave?

The answer is B. All you have to do is ask. Or if Kenny doesn't want to be subjected to such a large group at once, maybe he can ask one member of the group to step aside and chat with him, and then if all goes well, he can ask to be let into the larger portion of the group.

The only issue is...

Are people busy? Probably.

The solution? Be patient, or move on to someone else. Don't be annoying with it.

I'm sure I have more but I'm all doped up soooo yeah

Reactions: Nottykitten

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Coming from someone who now manages a garry's mod server where the owner is a coder, it's pretty handy to have a coder who's motivated to code. If you don't pay your coders and their code isn't theirs at the end of the day, they're probably not going to be motivated to code. And if you don't have any motivated coders, you won't have any new content.