Other Where We Are, Moving Forward, and an Apology

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Let's get some things straight:

1) You generalize the League group through the posts of like 3 of them in which they totally share the same opinion due to the shitposting hivemind KappaHD
2) We as a whole are being bashed for the actions of like 3 users
3) We as a whole are being bashed for providing our own views and suggestions as to what to do with the community? wtf

A few of us are suggesting our ideas because we're looking at the bigger picture. If we want to put up like 3 Minecraft servers and maybe get a whole 3 new users in the span of the month then is the money put into the servers really worth it for the community as a whole? Most of the "league community" were ex-staff so we aren't totally unhinged from the community yet. Of course, we'd love to see this place thrive, but as it stands from an economic standpoint, it doesn't seem possible to sustain the servers. Of course we have a say what goes into the Minecraft servers, because the Minecraft servers are run on the same community that the Teamspeak and forums are, both services which we use. All the servers draw their resources from the same pool, we all drink from the same fountain. You're generalizing the "negative attitude" of 3 users to blanket the entirety of a group and then saying that their opinions and legitimate concerns are negated. It's like generalizing all black people as gangsters and thugs, or all CIS white males as shitlords who want to rape women. Makes 110% sense
I'm sorry for making it seem as if I was blaming the whole league group, but quite a few times those who've posted who are a part of the group spoke as if they are representing the group, and yes some are ex-staff, so they should know better.

As for the servers, I've no idea what you are on about. Quite clearly, many times it has been stated that we focus on ONE server, bring in a healthy, dedicated and active userbase before expanding the servers, then once the community has bulked up THEN we branch out to other games to prevent thinning out the playerbase across multiple games and servers.

If you, and others are so bothered about the resources, then feel free to donate, because you seem to forget that is what the community is run off, donations. Otherwise, you can always feel free to start your own teamspeak or join any other public, free to use teamspeak community out there. You're essentially saying "Close minecraft servers because we want to be able to talk on teamspeak", when the only people who reeeeeally use teamspeak are the LoL group, otherwise it is a couple users here and there sitting in a convo room, either that or it is dead.

At the end of the day, the community is divided and from what I've seen, no matter what route is taken the community will be at a loss because people won't be happy.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
I'm sorry for making it seem as if I was blaming the whole league group, but quite a few times those who've posted who are a part of the group spoke as if they are representing the group, and yes some are ex-staff, so they should know better.
If a man shoots up a school and claims that he works for the CIA then I guess the CIA must atone for their sins
We are ex-staff, we do no better, that's why the rest of us hardly post on the forums
As for the servers, I've no idea what you are on about. Quite clearly, many times it has been stated that we focus on ONE server, bring in a healthy, dedicated and active userbase before expanding the servers, then once the community has bulked up THEN we branch out to other games to prevent thinning out the playerbase across multiple games and servers.
We suggested to close servers BECAUSE we don't have enough money right now. Sure, I would love having 1 server, having 3 servers, having like 10 servers, but looking at how much money our donation bar has reached doesn't really provide a solid argument for allowing us to even sustain 1 server.
If you, and others are so bothered about the resources, then feel free to donate, because you seem to forget that is what the community is run off, donations. Otherwise, you can always feel free to start your own teamspeak or join any other public, free to use teamspeak community out there. You're essentially saying "Close minecraft servers because we want to be able to talk on teamspeak", when the only people who reeeeeally use teamspeak are the LoL group, otherwise it is a couple users here and there sitting in a convo room, either that or it is dead.
I'm fairly sure most of us in the "league group" have donated already. We 100% know the community is run off donations, hence our suggestions on what to do with what little money we have. If we had more money we would totally suggest "ok, throw up 5 more servers!" but as it stands now we can't really. You are telling the league community to fuck right off and calling the league community the most closed-minded sheltered place? Your "essentially saying" part also makes no sense as well because we already stated we could run Teamspeak for ourselves anyways. It's hardly because of our selfish desires, there are other people that use Teamspeak aside from us, we just happen to be the most consistent.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Like what? What one brilliant server do you have in mind that could interrest enough people currently in the community to play on it, would last longer than 5 days and could also bring in new people? The only server that we had that I could see being that is TNT.

Also remember that this thread isn't here to hate on the "league group". Their suggestion to close the servers is the best suggestion i've seen so far. Just leave the forums and TS up seems like the best thing to do right now in my opinion. However I don't think that should be the permanent option.
I understand why a lot of you are so afraid of the community dieing, but honestly, the community is made up of the friendships and cliques inside of it, not the servers we host. We dont need servers to be a community. We dont need more people to join us. Just look around, find some friends, and just find some game, or some server to play on. The community is run by friendship and communication, and is not relient on specific servers to keep it alive
While this is true, I think that eventually putting a server up on a game that could get more people to join would be a good option. New people are new friends and give more life to the community. Atleast thats my opinion.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Congratulations you found something none other than to help add fuel to an already burning shit storm. Entirely irrelevant, but please feel free to also take a peek at the dates too. I quit two years ago so why would I donate when I no longer play it as a hobby?

Every single thread made either has a couple users turning it into a shit storm and someone has to insult someone, but to be realistic the head staff should be on top of this so god knows why they are ignoring the shit that is going on.

EDIT: It is amazing how spiteful and narcissistic a lot of the members are.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations you found something none other than to help add fuel to an already burning shit storm. Entirely irrelevant, but please feel free to also take a peek at the dates too. I quit two years ago so why would I donate when I no longer play it as a hobby?

Every single thread made either has a couple users turning it into a shit storm and someone has to insult someone, but to be realistic the head staff should be on top of this so god knows why they are ignoring the shit that is going on.

This does nothing of what you suggest. You considered that the League group should be donating because otherwise we're just trying to take down the community, so we came up with the proof that suggests otherwise to your point. If this is spiteful and narcissistic then maybe you shouldn't enter into the argument to begin with. Also, I don't know what the headstaff are ignoring but probably what you're trying to start here would be a good place to look

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
This pathetic bickering and clique mentality is totally self-destructive.

Kind of ironic seeing how this is a thread about "moving forward".

Well I've said my bit. All the good debate and discussion lasted a solid day and I guess all that's left is to go completely off topic and personal.

Best of luck chaps/chappies, by the look of all this hostility you'll need it although I'm not sure some of you actually deserve it.

Last edited:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score

You are the one creating conflict with everyone in the League group, every post you've made in this thread has had at least one sentence that's aggressive towards them. More subtly in the beginning, more openly as the thread progressed. And then you wonder why they're responding with actually fairly valid points that undermine your own provocations, even if they don't always bother to check every fact?

Notty's got it - this thread wasn't made to bitch about the League group. How about you try to keep that in mind and try to get along?

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score

Spiteful and narcissistic? Listen I can understand your anger but you need to learn when to stop. If you think that keep attacking a group of people is gonna prove any point and put you in a better position, then you need to take a second before your post and see if its worth it.

Anyway now that im home from vacation i can actual make a decent post about this issue. Here are the issues the community has with making a successful server.
  • Lack of money to pay for server space
  • Lack of interest due to repetitive game play with little progression
  • Lack of developers
  • Lack of people intrested in staff who are good at staffing
  • Lack of ideas for a new server
  • People being too busy shitposting and throwing blame at anyone who steps in their sights to come up with legitimate suggestions
  • Probably more

So now if the community wants to stick to its roots and make a minecraft server, go ahead, but maybe instead of constantly harassing staff, maybe you can throw out some new and fresh ideas in the mix that arent along the lines of "BRING BACK AOD/TNT/SOLITUDE/SMP" or such.

But remember the concerns and how we can handle them. As for money issues, my suggestion is to limit the community to ONE server and to expand it. IE make a prison server with a 30 person cap or so. Add donor perks such as dyed armor, special storage, ranked names, etc for donors. After people start playing more, hopefully money will come in allowing us to grow the server. THEN we can start funding more servers or smaller servers like SMP, until then its better to use things like that as event servers, otherwise we are throwing money at false hopes.

As for lack of intrest, this creates a problem in both players, AND STAFF. create something new, something competitive. This is why things like raids or jailbreak works. They have a feeling of competitive progression. Bi-monthly or so resets keep things fresh.

Now onto the staff issue here is why the above style of servers work. They are easy to staff since rules are concrete and hard to directly break since they are all micromanaged with plugins. Aside from language rules, hacking rules, and glitch abusing, staff pretty much doesnt have much else to worry about.

Developers is the hard part, cant help much here.

But my suggestion is shut down Kamis, its dead and stale atm with a bad ruleset. Shut down RoF since we had lava servers for almost 6 years now, it gets old. Shut down Create for the same reason as RoF, or just make the size of it much smaller.

Before i go back to no-lifing PoE/League/whatever ill post some server suggestions in staff forums. But for the bottom line, can community members just stop complaining about every single fucking thing and actually try giving advice and ideas for servers. We have a a whole forum for that.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
can we take a moment to appreciate that the 'league clique' is not only probably the vast majority of people who are making legitimate posts that aren't inflammatory or dredging up old cries for aged minecraft servers, but at this stage is pretty much the lifeblood of the community. like goldenvalley pointed out, they provide a lot of the donations as well as giving the servers occasional jolts of activity. it should be mentioned also that you can't really pin the clique tag to people who are friends because they're friends; they've protested plenty that they're not that fussed about people introducing themselves and that people who have taken the time to grow into the group's existing bonds have come through astonishingly non-rejected.

tbh old man oak you should take your dota scunge and stop poisoning the community with your cliqueity too.

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
If only we had a TNT server so y'all can just blow each other
ftfy

In all seriousness, I'd like to ask the League group how many people they've accepted into their lines in the past year. Because honestly I think if you were a bit more open (or at least, more open than you describe, since I don't know how your clique works), you could bring in a lot of people.
If indeed bringing people in is our goal.
As a community we need to decide what the problem even is, because if not, posts always turn into some hostile shit. If we close down our servers, and remain only a TS/Forum community, we all need to accept the fact that people would never even sign up after seeing threads like this. And there always will be (and have been) threads like this.

Make a list of the (possible) issues, then vote on the one you think is the biggest one. After that, decide how to approach it.
Though petty arguments like this, where two groups just argue without a cause, won't allow for a vote or fixing the issue -- I don't see how we can fix something as a community if we're divided into several small groups.

• Thank You
Reactions: Iguana

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I'd like to ask the League group how many people they've accepted into their lines in the past year. Because honestly I think if you were a bit more open (or at least, more open than you describe, since I don't know how your clique works), you could bring in a lot of people.
You obviously don't go on TeamSpeak...

☃Dr. Bob

Reaction score
The thing is, as I have recently seen, no one really plays on the Minecraft servers anymore. The most people use is creative and I NEVER see anyone on RoF. I just wonder as to why, though. Everyone said it was a gradual decrease due to many causes, but I wouldn't know of a single one. Maybe it just deteriorated on its own. In any case, your land that once shined among it all is now in ruin to unseen causes as well as to what you do know. I can only hope for the best of yez.

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
ftfy
If indeed bringing people in is our goal.
And yet there is a glaringly obvious divide between those who are "in the club" and those who are not. Look around at recent threads, it is impossible to miss.

Reaction score
We could balance minecraft and other game severs too like take down kamis let lee work on it and when that server is down have servers like terraria, starbound team fortress or others in a semi weekly rotation period and maybe have polls on what to do next game since some of you like polls instead of RAZE ALL MINECRAFT SERVERS OR RAZE ALL NON MINECRAFT SERVER

Last edited:
Reaction score
The way you described your League group makes it seem like you're out of touch with people outside of the clique, with your only contacts being within that clique (whether that's true or not, I don't know, that's how your presentation of it looks to me). Being muted and listening 24/7 isn't exactly what I'd call "getting to know people", I'd leave within 15 minutes of being ignored (as that's an obvious sign that I am not wanted).
There was once a little feud between the "League Clique" and the clique that I was associated in (who had zero knowledge about League of Legends) during Blocktopia. One day, I decided to join the League room to troll and piss off people (ha), and I ended up making a few new friends and sharing some good laughs. The reason why is because I have played the game before and can relate to the people in the room (some of them have actually persuaded me to play the game again). You can't go to a comic convention, with having no intention of ever being interested in comics, and expect to have a good interaction with people there.

I've heard the issue of "I tried joining rooms, but everyone just kept to themselves" many times. This is usually caused because the person who tries joining would barely introduce themselves, or would hardly give an effort to interact with others. They would join the room, say "Hi", and sit there quietly waiting for someone to say "Hey! Come play a game with us!". The thing is, that's not how life works at all. When I'm busy playing a game with a group of friends in an open room, and some randomly new person decides to join, I don't drop whatever I'm doing and make sure that person should play a game with us immediately. If they make the effort to talk to us and let us know that they want to join us, we will return the same amount of effort towards them. If the group you try joining responds with "FUCK OFF", then realize that their group is full of shitheads anyways, ignore them knowing that you're most likely NEVER going to interact with them again (I mean what are they going to do, steal your lunch money?....or paypal account?...), and find a group that is filled with better people.

TLDR: If you're new to a group of people, show them that you have the effort get to know the people there. If you're into League of Legends, join the League room expecting to talk about League. If you're not into League of Legends.........don't join a League room unless you personally know certain people already in the room....?

By the way, I wrote this at 4 in the morning. I have proofread it a million times, but I'm 100% sure I fucked up somewhere.

Last edited:

TheWalruz

Reaction score
My problem with this is that AoD isn't a good server to bring in people. If someone went looking for a PvP server, they'd find AoD, try it, realise that it's not actually PvP, and leave. It's unbalanced kits and gimmicky maps; they're looking for kit PvP servers, where gear is at an equal and it is 100% skill based, not hide and seek with iron armor against someone with a wood sword and 5 arrows. That server will never be balanced because of the nature of it, that hunter kits are supposed to be weaker. It relies on the survivors to be idiots and kill themselves, or have there be a huge imbalance of skill between the hunters and the survivors. Maybe that's just the way I see it but I put a lot of time into it when it was relatively new, then more time later into the server and it was still just finding iron armor then putting everyone on a tower and just waiting for a hunter to go kill themselves into you. It's just not PvP, and definitely not the PvP potential new community members are looking for.
Well I think that it was quite a good introductory server, because look at the other servers:

KR= Clan Politics. 'Nuff said.
RoF= Fun, but a lot of people just build a base and AFK, which can make it quite boring for new players.
Create= Good, but the whole warps and rank abilities and whatnot can confuse/disillusion newcomers. I would say it is ER's best MC server ATM.

On AoD, you could hop on, and it would be relatively simple. Try to survive the Pumpkin headed people.

So I hope you catch my drift.

And A TF2 server would be amazing.

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
It's nice to see you've noticed me saying several times that I don't know how the clique really works.
It's also nice to see an admin add their thoughts and opinions on the future of the community to the pile...

This isn't a matter of the LoL group vs everyone else, and how I view the clique is completely irrelevant. I'm just trying to continue the civilized conversation about how we intend to save a community, but I guess that was over somewhere on page 3...

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
For fuck sake stop calling each other "cliques". Y'all are a community so act like it.

Its natural for groups to form as people with the same interests (e.g Minecraft, LoL, Dota (which is better than LoL - have some free fuel) will of course be drawn together and there isn't anything wrong with that, but to imply and blatantly state that its "Us against them" etc. is just stupid. The future of EscRestart and its servers (forums, ts, game servers etc.) affects EVERYONE regardless of their "clique" so really it doesn't matter what "clique" you are actually in (bitches me making me use that word fml).

This thread wasn't even about the different cliques but how to get new people into the community (which some people opposed and made good points on). Also some Admin dropping completely unneeded and kind of sassy (love some sass don't get me wrong) posts on a thread that is about trying to improve the state of the server is a bit... whack imo.. instead of getting involved in the petty arguments (which should be left to forum Mods surely?) why not share your views on the variety of different views and opinions raised as to where to go from here?

ffs even jesus couldn't save some of y'all.

Txboy1234

Reaction score
Aw come on y'all, yesterday I was skimming over the thread thinking to myself that I didn't see anyone appearing too angry and such so I was gonna make a post about it (got too late) then about 18 hours later I continue reading and just BAM I sigh...

Sure the average age of a person on Minecraft has appeared to of dropped from lets say 3 years ago however is this communities average age 11-12? I doubt it and it really doesn't seem so. If you are someone who is really trying to work on internal fighting within the community then you certainly shouldn't be swearing. Back in classic zombies I was quite frequent in saying "Fuck, Shit" but I only said it because it was allowed, if I went to another place where they don't allow it well then I just didn't say it and it did not effect the game play. I really think that part needs to be reviewed now, people might question what is wrong with swearing but I have seen it run players off. If someone can't play without swearing then they are most likely a troll and you don't want them in the first place.

You can't expect the staff here to change the community and expect it to happen overnight. You can't expect to isolate yourself from new players and expect them to stay (was never a fan of TS). Everyone that is still active and plays these servers are the ones that are going to be the ones that change the community if you really want to change it.

Minecraft is certainly not dead, mineplex still gets over 30,000 players daily. People love challenges and love something they can achieve, if you plan on making a new server it has to have something that will keep players interesting without becoming to repetitive.

I might have said things that others have said and it might be redundant but it's just my 2 cents.

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
ffs even jesus couldn't save some of y'all.

sorry i just couldnt contain myself
EDIT:
If someone can't play without swearing then they are most likely a troll and you don't want them in the first place.
Today I tried going onto the Hive servers (never been there before, and this thread makes it look like something big). I got muted for saying shit one time. If I can't mention excrement or intercourse (in rage or just casually) I may as well not be here.
We have a rule against excessive swearing anyways, don't we?

rosekill

Reaction score
It's nice to see you've noticed me saying several times that I don't know how the clique really works.
It's also nice to see an admin add their thoughts and opinions on the future of the community to the pile...

This isn't a matter of the LoL group vs everyone else, and how I view the clique is completely irrelevant. I'm just trying to continue the civilized conversation about how we intend to save a community, but I guess that was over somewhere on page 3...
Its called the "LEAGUE group" for a reason, its not a clique its a group of people with a common interest.

• Confusing
Reactions: 755someone755

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Cliques form in everything, it is natural and good so long as that instance of socialization is not abused or out of control. I mean we have for example, private rooms in Teamspeak and those make it beyond obvious the cliques that have formed. A server like RoF also has many cliques (though I may be using the word loosely here, as I'm fairly sure it refers to common interest and RoF friend groups aren't necessarily cliques) and those have been debated over since day 1 as well. I don't think it's necessarily cliques we need to be reviewing here, but if someone considers them an important issue then of course they can make a thread and a lively discussion on that could be in order.

As a side note, Nillbug has already stated the direction the community will take for an undetermined amount of time, so this whole thread is speculations and musings anyways, but I'm glad we at least had a much needed discussion about Teamspeak and sorted out everyone's reputations - good job ^_~

(If someone can't play because there's swearing, they're probably a troll too :angel:)

• Winner
Reactions: 755someone755