Motto Poll

Which of the following do you prefer as a motto?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
You have escaperestart as the URL and escrestart as the title. You'll most likely have it on sub-forums and thread titles. Even by the way you advertise it Escape Restart will be there. The slogan/motto (though it may not be a suitable one to some) won't make a difference. "Where it's never game over" is a representation of how constant and consistent things are around here. There's always something to do. Adding a URL upon the title based on the URL is overkill.

Last edited:

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
You have escaperestart as the URL and escrestart as the title. You'll most likely have it on sub-forums and thread titles. Even by the way you advertise it Escape Restart will be there. The slogan/motto (though it may not be a suitable one to some) won't make a difference. "Where it's never game over" is a representation of how constant and consistent things are around here. There's always something to do. Adding a URL upon the title based on the URL is overkill.
If I linked the image on a site like Imgur/MinecraftForums/GameServers, the first thing that catches someone's eye is the logo, and with that it needs the shortest flow possible from a player to this site. I think that's why the URL is in place, just so players don't have to see the logo, sift through an info page about us, then come to the site. We can just cut that sifting through the info page step out and let them come straight here.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If I linked the image on a site like Imgur/MinecraftForums/GameServers, the first thing that catches someone's eye is the logo, and with that it needs the shortest flow possible from a player to this site. I think that's why the URL is in place, just so players don't have to see the logo, sift through an info page about us, then come to the site. We can just cut that sifting through the info page step out and let them come straight here.
the thing is, does escaperestart truly encapsulate a gaming community in an advertisement? the title is eye catching, and people are familiar with the Escape key and Restart button. You have the URL there, but what are you selling? Information is pivotal in order to entice/persuade and explain to people who and what Esc/Restart is. and something as small as a motto/slogan is there to give some insight towards the product. you cannot depend solely on your logo and URL to stir curiosity when being advertised amongst hundreds of other gaming forums.

Last edited:

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
the thing is, does escaperestart truly encapsulate a gaming community in an advertisement? the title is eye catching, and people are familiar with the Escape key and Restart button. You have the URL there, but what are you selling? Information is pivotal in order to entice/persuade and explain to people who and what Esc/Restart is. and something as small as a motto/slogan is there to give some insight towards the product. you cannot depend solely on your logo and URL to stir curiosity when being advertised amongst hundreds of other gaming forums.
Hits are hits though and being impressionable to the largest audience possible ensures the greatest amount of potential newcomers. Advertising for the most part will only be on sites associated with gaming/internet stuff, so by being on those sites most users will already understand what they're getting into. Heck, even looking at Blocktopia, when telling my friends about it, they only ask me what the website is (due to them trying blocktopia.com) and then talk about the name as they understand the medium in which I am talking about (gaming communities). I agree that information is pivotal, but sometimes the consumer understands a bunch of information already and just needs navigation.

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
Honestly if it's between those two, I'd rather not have one. Too cheesy in my opinion. I think "Rock Out With Your Block Out!" wasn't the best, but at least it was still fun.
Agreed. Those two sound really generic, especially "where it's never game over". I think no motto would be preferable, but that's just my opinion.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Well, that arrow has to point to something. How it is right now just seems redundant because we're already on the website (I know I said that before). The logo with the url should have been saved for advertising on other sites instead.

And I would understand if they're doing it so people who still use the blocktopia.net link will know that there's an escaperestart.com link, but no one has mentioned that.

Also, you guys probably haven't done it yet, but will there be official advertisement material that everyone can use to help promote the site? Maybe an image or two so we can toss it onto a youtube video, screenshot, or for someone to put it on their twitch stream?