Motto Poll

Which of the following do you prefer as a motto?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First off - thank you for being patient with the changes in recent days (Included but not limited to - all text becoming white, the forums redirecting to our host for twenty minutes & so so so much more), I wish I could say it would be the last of developments but the rush to get this theme out as has us hot on the heels of fixing bugs and inconsistencies.

The following poll contains what was the considered some of the favourite 'acceptable' three motto suggestions - based mostly off what we are comfortable putting in the title and what people in the community seemed to like on feedback. This will be the last round of voting before we open up current discussion forums to allow player input on the overhaul whilst we start to transfer some servers to a new home.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Reactions: davidjl123 and GmK

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Due to the logo and the website URL not being identical, I believe that having the website url where a motto would normally be would be helping those unfamiliar with our community get online if we were to advertise using that logo
In my own opinion I would prefer using the full render of 'Escape' in the top banner, for looks and practicality
(and it fills more of the top space please we have to be efficient)

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
In my own opinion I would prefer using the full render of 'Escape' in the top banner, for looks and practicality
(and it fills more of the top space please we have to be efficient)
son that idea is

escape very foolish or stupid.
Staff edit, use a different word

Last edited:

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
bless that particular staff member

edit:
If "big names" don't use mottos, then that only means having a motto will be unique to us and make it more homely

Duffie since I have been getting confusing ratings from all types of people over the past two days I'd like to know what about this could possibly be hard to interpret so I can edit my speech in the future to be more accommodating

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Well, how I see it, I think having that random motto idea that was floating about would have been better than just one static motto.
Also, I think just having the logo and the website url without the motto would seem redundant if the person is already on the website.
I would understand it if the logo and url combo were placed as a profile icon or banner that was posted on other websites to promote this site though.

Do we even have a Favicon yet?

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Right, poll's pretty close but between one changed vote for no-motto (DarkHender ? ) and one person who voted for the second option deleting their account, outcome will be called as #1.

With that said - We may, from time to time - Incorporate temporary motto's (such as quicksaving private ryan). Picking no mottos and and moving to temporary motto's gives us the benefit of flexibility.