Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
((Draft for a readme as the program nears completion every minute~))

[accordion]
{slide=Introduction}Hello, and thank you for downloading the GCN tool V1.0. This readme will introduce you to the program and give you the basics. If you wish to get started, please refer to the quick version of the readme named "README[QUICK].txt"

DISCLAIMER: This program is not intended to be used for 'Guardians of the Elements' only. Although that roleplay was the incentive for this program, the flexibility and extensive configuration allows this program to format all kinds of IRC logs.
{/slide}

{slide=Chapter 1. Setting up}First, you have to setup the program. Luckily, you need to do barely anything. It's literally as easy as running, pressing a button and watching the little numbers and letters scroll by. This program will automatically download all components from the developer's dropbox. These files are public and can be downloaded individually if you so prefer. If you do not want the program downloading random stuff to your PC, not a problem (I understand your paranoia). You can download a pre-packaged .zip version from <LINK TO BE INSERTED>

The setup, of course, needs a stable internet connection to download the files. It will install to the same directory the program is located in. At this point in time, directory is not yet changeable.

There are three setup modes:
------------------
1.1 Minimum
------------------
Absolute barebones, will download the program and essential files. Do not expect anythign spectacular from this. What you should however expect, are manual package and patch installations if you choose this! ~UNKNOWN KB

------------------
1.2 Custom
------------------
Will launch a menu where you can decide what packages are to be downloaded. Essential packages are labeled '[ESSENTIAL]',
disable at your own risk! ~UNKNOWN to ~UNKNOWN KB

------------------
1.3 Full
------------------
Will install all programs and additional packages. Recommended for full experience. ~UNKNOWN KB

After setting up, you can run the GCN.exe and it will launch, don't get shocked by the looks. It's not particularily shiny or fabulous. This program is a straight-to-the-point formatter, not an easter-egg ridden fun play-thing.{/slide}

{slide=Chapter 2. Getting started}On the main menu you have 6 options:

[1] Convert a file
[2] Create a configuration
[3] Manage configurations
[4] Update GDN files
[5] Options
[6] Exit

------------------
2.1 Convert
------------------
The main function, this program will let you pick a configuration, will read the Input.txt file, format the logs and save them to the Output.txt file. Simple as that.

------------------
2.2 Config
------------------
Allows you to create configurations, here you have three options:

[1] Basic configuration
[2] Advanced configuration
[3] Argumentative configuration

-------------
2.2.1 Basic
-------------
The basic, list the users, list their colors, list your timestamp, namestamp and bam, config done.

-------------
2.2.2 Adv
-------------
Advanced configuration. List users, select standard aliases, select custom colorcodes, format BBCodes, advanced timestamp creator and pattern lister.

-------------
2.2.3 Arg
-------------
Argumentative configuration. Enter specific patterns to configure the configuration file's order, PForce influence and package management, specify advanced I/O paths and extension management, including all the above listed.

------------------
2.3 Manage configs
------------------
Rename, edit and delete existing configurations.

------------------
2.4 Update GDN
------------------
Look for updates and install if available.

------------------
2.5 Options
------------------
Edit the options of the program.

[1] Enable/Disable Quickrun
[2] Enable/Disable Packages
[3] Check GDN Fiels for errors
[4] Exit

-------------
2.5.1 Q-run
-------------
Enable or disable quickrun; quickrun is a simple .exe file which formats logs from QInput.txt to QOutput.txt using the default configuration.

-------------
2.5.2 Pack
-------------
Allows you to enable/disable additional packages (more on those later) and view info on them.

-------------
2.5.3 Errors
-------------
Checks all files to see if any are broken and/or need repairs. If a file is broken, it will first re-install it, then try an older version, and if none work, it will be disabled and an error log will be uploaded.

{/slide}
[/accordion]
))
((Hello yes this is still a thing. I'm working on it during school and it's renamed to "Thermos Text Formatter"))

G

Guest35486

Guardian of Corruption
"So your temper has nothing to do with the corruption? Either that, or that didn't work at all."
Cyra looked to the side at a peacefully sleeping Endal, then back at the angered Light holding a knife. This reminded her of that time where she had just corrupted him and he decided to strangle her. Pleasant times, wasn't it? Either way, everyone knows she's the evil bad horrible blah blah Guardian of Corruption now.
"Anyways, I'm the Guardian of Corruption."

(( Fiestaguy ))

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Guardian of Wind

"Airis" -A women's voice said.

"That voice. I've heard it before. M-mom?" -Airis asked.

"We have not much time to talk. Listen, there's still much more you need to learn about yourself. About your personality and ability. You will soon see what I'm talking about. Your sister will too."

"W-wait! Just tell me if you're my mom." -Airis said eagerly.

"Yes. Now wake up, Airis." -She said in a peaceful tone.

----

*Airis quickly opened his eyes. Just to see himself under a pile of dirt. His body hurted so much. His wings and whole body were all dirty*

"I must've fall asleep while flying." -He said to himself. "Good job, Airis."

*He slowly got up to his feet. Struggling, he opened his wings. And he kept flying. Thinking about the dream he just had. What she was trying to tell him. But he smiled... because he knew he had a mom*

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Guardian of Corruption
"So your temper has nothing to do with the corruption? Either that, or that didn't work at all."
Cyra looked to the side at a peacefully sleeping Endal, then back at the angered Light holding a knife. This reminded her of that time where she had just corrupted him and he decided to strangle her. Pleasant times, wasn't it? Either way, everyone knows she's the evil bad horrible blah blah Guardian of Corruption now.
"Anyways, I'm the Guardian of Corruption."

(( Fiestaguy ))
Light frowns, gripping the knife tightly in his hand. "Corrupt-" histhoughts cut him off mid-sentence, as reality sinks in who this girl was: "That fucking voice of yours." He ran towards the hooded girl and gripped her by the neck, raising her up ever so slightly "You were that bitch who corrupted me, weren't you?" his confused frown turned into one of anger, as his hands gripped her neck more tightly.

((Claireblarghgdfgfufhuger))

G

Guest35486

Guardian of Corruption
"We already went through this. In the darkness the Guardian of Darkness summoned, remember? I mean, if you want to strangle me again, sure, go for it. Yes, I was the one that corrupted you. Then you cured yourself. Then you recorrupted yourself. Then you had clones or whatever. Then just a minute ago you ran into this glowy circle and here we are." Cyra gave a small wave.

(( Fiestaguy ))

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Guardian of Corruption
"We already went through this. In the darkness the Guardian of Darkness summoned, remember? I mean, if you want to strangle me again, sure, go for it. Yes, I was the one that corrupted you. Then you cured yourself. Then you recorrupted yourself. Then you had clones or whatever. Then just a minute ago you ran into this glowy circle and here we are." Cyra gave a small wave.

(( Fiestaguy ))
((Omg I'm just picturing her saying that as dry as possible. Holy crap X'D Will reply once I reply to Wonderful Minds.

And increase my ZNC buffer size. Like, jesus fuck, Zezmi takes up 47 of the 50 messages my ZNC Stores))
His eyes squinted as he looked at the hooded girl, his hands tightening around her neck, as he angrily scowled "Really, fuck you. Fuck. You." after a small while, she smiled as the last few breaths escaped her lips, and she fell to the floor unconscious. He spat on her, turned around, and headed into the jungle...

((Yes, I got Claireblsfgkewkjoiik4rejiofjkeriguiergreoi's permission to strangle her unconscious. Yay.))

Last edited:
G

Guest35486

Guardian of Corruption
Again, apparently. Dark spots appeared in her vision as Light strangled her unconscious. Cyra smiled as she fell into the darkness.
She then stood up, facing Corruption.

"So," she started.
"So?"
"You're trying to get Magic to cure others of me?"
"It's been doing more harm than good," Cyra stated, not caring if Corruption would hurt her.
The two stood there for some time.
"Well okay, have fun!" Corruption said, waved, and left.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
"...
Well, if you can't remember how you became a kitten, you might as well try doing trial and error, that always seems to work!
Maybe try chanting words or, imagining yourself in your default form... or maybe try flying circles around trees until you cras- oh right, you're a cat."
Well, I recommend doing something.
Maybe you could... summon some kind of herbivore or something... perhaps an elephant could sit the chaos plant?"

• Confusing
Reactions: Hunter and Naoh

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
The walk through the jungle didn't go as smooth as expected. So there he sat, his leg tangled in a knot of vines, with a bush of - probably poisonous - thorns a bit too close by for comfort. 'His' pocket knife laid a few metres from him in a puddle of mud. A long, wooden branch was in his hands, as he tried to pry the vines off of him.

No avail. He looked around once more, seeing nothing but plants, bushes and trees. "Seriously, fuck nature." he mumbled to himself, before throwing the stick aside, and yelling at the top of his lungs "Hello?! I'm fucking stuck here! Some help would be nice!" Light sighed, lying down on his back, looking at the green forestation above him.

((Pretty sure that's your cue to go fuck things up, CaffeinatedKitty c: ))

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
The walk through the jungle didn't go as smooth as expected. So there he sat, his leg tangled in a knot of vines, with a bush of - probably poisonous - thorns a bit too close by for comfort. 'His' pocket knife laid a few metres from him in a puddle of mud. A long, wooden branch was in his hands, as he tried to pry the vines off of him.

No avail. He looked around once more, seeing nothing but plants, bushes and trees. "Seriously, fuck nature." he mumbled to himself, before throwing the stick aside, and yelling at the top of his lungs "Hello?! I'm fucking stuck here! Some help would be nice!" Light sighed, lying down on his back, looking at the green forestation above him.

((Pretty sure that's your cue to go fuck things up, CaffeinatedKitty c: ))
(( SUSPENSE ))

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
"Hello?! I'm fucking stuck here! Some help would be nice!"
A cry barely reaches her ears... Shouted by a familiar voice.
"Light?!"
"..."
"Oh god..."
Her first reaction- excitement- is remarkably different from her second... Fear.
She cringes, pulling her knees to her chest.
"Zwn..." She whispers to the girl beside her, "Do you hear him?"
She knows he's far away, barely close enough to hear, but still she trembles violently, trying almost in vain to keep her thoughts on the present world.

("no, don't... stop, Light, stop it!")
She shakes her head quickly. "I-I think he needs help..."
Even though she's quite literally petrified, she still cares.

(even through the cracking of bones that are straining to hold, with no regard for her own well-being, she still cares)
"I-I can't help him though..." She stutters, the feathers on her wings rustling as she tries to keep calm. "C-Can you please...?"
(she can't breathe. the delicate skin of her throat is bruising and she can't breathe-)
In a weak attempt to fix that, she shifts onto her knees, though she keeps her head down, her fingers clutching at the grass in an endeavor to keep herself grounded. Her chest heaves with sharp, shallow breaths, not enough to fill her lungs, not enough to clear her head, not enough at all.
"Just... Help..."
Help who?
She isn't sure.
She doesn't notice the tears dotting the ground in front of her, doesn't notice even the shift in color, though her eyes are wide, staring.
His face is all she sees, one blue eye cold and hard as ice, the other defiled to the point of being unrecognizable- the red iris rage-filled, evil, surrounded by the deep black of his corrupted sclera.
If she cries out, she doesn't hear; if someone tries to comfort her, she doesn't recognize the gesture.

(it's only her and him and terror and pain.)
((...
rage and panic are the most fun emotions to voice for some reason ^^' this went on longer than I expected tbh.
Zwn Cairne Tora Ark @anyoneIforgot))

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
"Hello?! I'm fucking stuck here? Some help would be nice!" A cry from an unfamiliar voice pierces my ears and arouses me from my peaceful state. Eyes springing open and darting around, I begin to groggily remember my existence in my little room. I raise my upper body and knee, but I get dizzy from the movement and my head and arm falls on my knee. I sit like that for a while, mulling over some thoughts. After a little while, I remember the voice and decide to help the mystery man. Suddenly, I think of how much time has passed since then, and I get a pang of fear in my chest. An image of a man and a woman flash in my mind, and I immediately get up, get ready and open the tent flap, walking out into the bright sun.

When my eyes adjust, I twist my head to the right and see Zwn and Alouette again. However, something is different; Alouette is curled into a ball, tears cascading from her eyes, fingers white and shakily grabbing the grass. A whisper escapes my lips: "Oh my god."

I run faster than I have ever ran before. I cross the distance in bounds and leaps, feet flying under me. In seconds, I slow to a halt next to Zwn and Alouette. Voice shaking, I ask, "Alouette, are you okay!?"

No response. Her hands continue to clutch to the grass as if they were her lifeline. Tentatively, I put my hands on her shoulders and give her a little shake. Still, she doesn't respond. Eyes wide and filled with fear, I look over to Zwn and mouth, What do I do!?

(( CaffeinatedKitty Toiletprincess and caff how do you do that with writing the character name and still tagging the user thx caff ))

Last edited:

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
The girl frowns as Alouette asks her whether she can hear the call for help, but notices the panic rising in her demeanor.
"Alouette, calm down, calm down," she tries to soothe as the winged girl grips onto the grass, tears splattering before her face. Ark runs over and Zwn looks at him with a concerned and helpless expression. "S-she can't seem to h-hear us," The girl stutters, rubbing the part of Alouette's back just below her wings. "Alouette, Alouette," she mumbles kindly, "Alouette are you okay, Alouette listen." She looks back up at Ark, tears welling up in her eyes, "I-I can't c-calm her," she mumbles, "I-it's not wor-rking."
"M-maybe helping th-hat person w-will help," she suggests, shrugging. "I-If you can help tha-at g-guy maybe she'll feel b-better. I'll sta-ay here."
((S_swimmer))

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
(soft helping hands grasp hers, helping her up, pulling her to safety; away from him, away from the fight, into the comfort of a sphere of Airis's wind)
Finally
slowly
her breath evens out and she stills, motionless but for the slightest shaking in her hands.
Cautious fingertips still brush her shoulders, and she looks up hesitantly.
"Ark," She whispers, realizing that Zwn too is still there, and that they'd both been trying to help... "Zwn..."
She rubs her eyes, her nose, knowing that she looks a mess--a perfect representation of her thoughts and feelings. "Thanks, guys..." She manages a weak half-smile, trying to assure not only Ark and Zwn, but herself as well, that she's fine. "I-I don't know what that was..." she says, voice still shaking, "But I...I really hope it doesn't happen again..."

((it probably will :(
Ark Zwn))

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
((Someone poke me if something happens that's relevant to me. Or if someone wants to recap the last few pages, that's cool too. GotE is blocked at school, and I don't have time to read it at home ;-; ))

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
"Any bloody help would be very fucking nice! Either my leg is bleeding or this vine is filled with cranberry juice!" he yelled, trying to make sarcasm and annoyance as apparent in his voice as possible. He sits up once again, trying to rip the vines off.

Again, no luck.

"God fucking damnit." he mumbles to himself.

((CaffeinatedKitty S_swimmer Toiletprincess))

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
((jeez, tim, no need to be a dick about it. could you at least add a storypost?))

[also, if, at any point in the future, cairne's death should need to happen to advance the story, feel free to attempt a PK.]
[no rocks fall bullshit though]

Left to his own devices, Cairne wanders through the woods without regard for his well-being. Tree branches stir in an ominous wind.
He arrives at a clearing. Dead grass crackles under his feet. Twigs snap. A tree bordering the grove's edge appears scorched.
-------------------------------------
Cairne passes through. The land isn't familiar. The underbrush thickens and recedes as he travels.
The jungle ends; desert begins.