Dota 2

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
Wow....I must say that this Grand Finals was extremely boring to watch..
>only 21 heroes picked over 4 games
>all games less than 30 mins, only 1 barracks pushed overall
>all games were one sided stomps
>vici drafted basically the same thing in games 3 and 4
>vici called gg early three times before even barracks was taken, once before even a tier 2 was taken

I guess what really happened was that Newbee just adapted to Vici Gaming's fast-push style of play and Vici didn't have anything else prepared. The lesson is, you can't only prepare one strategy against such a disciplined team like Newbee. After game one which was a fast stomp, Vici just crumbled to the point where it was downright boring to watch.

I'm just going to be happy that my $1.20 (the value of the items decreased over the tournament) bet on Newbee paid off. I'll buy myself a game on sale with that.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Bristleback, go the fuck away.
Haven't played a single game today without Bristleback being on the other team and then getting to mid game and just snowballing.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
There are three heros I can not stand. Bloodseeker, Viper, and Bristleback. All of them are just ridiculous to me.
Bloodseeker and Viper I can handle, but Bristleback has become a right pain in the arse, especially since Hex no longer removes his damage block. Without that counter its just far too easy for him to snowball mid game unless you have some incredibly heavy cc.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
No. Never.
THAT HERO IS JUST AS BAD.

Bloodseeker and Viper I can handle, but Bristleback has become a right pain in the arse, especially since Hex no longer removes his damage block. Without that counter its just far too easy for him to snowball mid game unless you have some incredibly heavy cc.
Bristleback is the worst? Viper takes the cake here for me. Bloodseeker is flick of the shoulder. But these are just somethings to consider when fighting a BB:
  • I always start with magic wand to counter his quills. They stack up fast and if you have enough regen in lane to let your wand hit 15 then you should be able to avoid dying quickly if he goes to kill you.
  • Otherwise you need lots of magic damage and nukes early on. Take him out early so he struggles later.
  • Another thing he relies on is mana. Having a good mana drain like KOTL or Diffusal Blade is just as good.
  • Think of him like Bloodseeker. He has no disable so carry a tp if he comes for a gank. Peace out bro.
  • Legion Commander is a great counter to him since her ult forces him to face you in the duel. No ult for him then. Also Axe with his Beserker Call. Also thinking Timber for his amazing early damage and awesome passive. Undying also being good, steal that mofo's life and then smack a tombstone is his face.
  • Riki is THE WORST THING YOU COULD EVER PICK EVER so avoid that.
That's all I can think of.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
In other news I'm stuck in low priority for awhile, so I've been practicing legion commander, who I have to say is really rather strong if you can get her to snowball. Now if only I can get her to that point before bristleback gets fed in his solo offlane >.>

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
I'd never really played Dota 2 until a week ago, now I'm quite hooked to say the least. My forte/"main" is Juggernaut but I'm trying to get into Invoker.. it's not really a beginner class from what I see, but I've memorised the formulae for the ten spells. Now I just need the common sense and experience to know when to use each one, and also knowing what good combos are.

This helped me massively, if you haven't seen it already:
http://www.invokergame.com/
It's a game where you have to quickly pull off combos of Invoker spells in succession that it gives you, you have to get the right orbs+invoke+activate for each one 0.o
My record is 17 on Random mode, which is my favourite. You try it :eek:ooo

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
In other news I'm stuck in low priority for awhile, so I've been practicing legion commander, who I have to say is really rather strong if you can get her to snowball. Now if only I can get her to that point before bristleback gets fed in his solo offlane >.>
Hahaha, what did you do? Good time to practice new heroes though is there. I love Lesbian Commander, she's so balanced. c: But her ult is a piss off for squishy supports such as myself. Faced a LC one time that was a $#%#$ and ult'd me everytime a fight broke out.

I realize not many people actually play this game right. The supports never roam, not many actually pull, stack, pull through, ganks don't happen as much as they should. People are rather selfish when they play so as long as things are going well for themselves, they stick to what they are doing but no! You need to focus on everyone!

- Autobiography of Support, SparklyMuffinz

I'd never really played Dota 2 until a week ago, now I'm quite hooked to say the least. My forte/"main" is Juggernaut but I'm trying to get into Invoker.. it's not really a beginner class from what I see, but I've memorised the formulae for the ten spells. Now I just need the common sense and experience to know when to use each one, and also knowing what good combos are.

This helped me massively, if you haven't seen it already:
http://www.invokergame.com/
It's a game where you have to quickly pull off combos of Invoker spells in succession that it gives you, you have to get the right orbs+invoke+activate for each one 0.o
My record is 17 on Random mode, which is my favourite. You try it :eek:ooo
Welcome to the hell, my friend!

I actually found that site too when I was trying to learn Invoker. Let's just say I am not longer trying to do that. :p But if you really have learned them all already, props to you. Seriously. Any person who actually knows how to play their hero - especially one like Invoker - in low level pubs will pub stomp. Interesting pick though!

• Thank You
Reactions: Swate

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SparklyMuffinz

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
Hate when someone else gets mek when I'm Crystal Maiden. She really needs all that good stuff. Usually I see if Pipe is useful after that - which in this case, hell yes. Against ES and Rubick, what more could you ask for? :p

I'm really more questioning the Meepo and Phantom Lancer pick here. I'm sure Faceless had his fun with both of them. I've always hated that hero.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hate when someone else gets mek when I'm Crystal Maiden. She really needs all that good stuff. Usually I see if Pipe is useful after that - which in this case, hell yes. Against ES and Rubick, what more could you ask for? :p

I'm really more questioning the Meepo and Phantom Lancer pick here. I'm sure Faceless had his fun with both of them. I've always hated that hero.
I was more annoyed to discover that Kunkka built a set of drums AFTER I built mine, i mean comon :(
Also I had forgotten but the other players on my team were a 4 stack, and they still managed to pick pl and meepo >.>

• Haha

Sasher

Reaction score
Woo 4k MMR. Now I'm never going to touch ranked solo queue ever again after the hell I went through with the teammates I got.

Last edited:

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Woo 4k MMR. Now I'm ever going to touch ranked solo queue ever again after the hell I went through with the teammates I got.
Nice work, I sit in scrub tier with about 2.8k last i checked but then i dont play a lot of ranked to begin with.
In other news I'd taken a couple of days break from Dota, I was pretty frustrated with it I reckon. But after coming back I had what could have been a horrible game and turned it into a brilliant one.
It was a hard slog but after stacking a staggering 270 bonus damage from duels I was able to topple over the juggernaut terror. This game would have been a complete loss if the enemy hadn't spread out to farm allowing our team to start picking them off.

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Ahmagad.
I just had the best game I've had yet.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/837710646

It was back and forth, back and forth CONSTANTLY, some beautiful ganks by moi, etc. You know how like 1hp on buildings and stuff looks like 0hp, just a completely grayed out bar? That's what our ancient was at the very end. We killed everything trying to attack the ancient, so it was left like that, I picked up an enemy's gem that they dropped and instantly saw riki going for the final blow. So I did the right thing.

I denied the ancient.
oooooh yeaaaaah

Riketr

Reaction score
nerf riki pls. played a game against him recently, his ult makes him eternally invisible.
EDIT: Mundo sees that they added Techies, but why didn't they add Mundo? Oh wait, Mundo is already in Dota 2, because Mundo goes where he pleases.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
nerf riki pls. played a game against him recently, his ult makes him eternally invisible.
EDIT: Mundo sees that they added Techies, but why didn't they add Mundo? Oh wait, Mundo is already in Dota 2, because Mundo goes where he pleases.
sentry wards, dust, gem, these all make riki's life miserable
EDIT: on thinking a bit further, his ulti is also canceled by being silenced, so silencer is often a strong pick against riki.
EDIT2: Of course the hard counter for riki is always bounty hunter, track him and gain true sight =)

Last edited:

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
I'm really starting to like these mid lane midas heros. Kunkka 1 shot rampages for days.
divine rapier all day every day
crit = 1.8k
rip sniper and drow in back line

Ahmagad.
I just had the best game I've had yet.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/837710646

It was back and forth, back and forth CONSTANTLY, some beautiful ganks by moi, etc. You know how like 1hp on buildings and stuff looks like 0hp, just a completely grayed out bar? That's what our ancient was at the very end. We killed everything trying to attack the ancient, so it was left like that, I picked up an enemy's gem that they dropped and instantly saw riki going for the final blow. So I did the right thing.

I denied the ancient.
oooooh yeaaaaah
I was about to say something about MoM Viper, then I saw Riki's build. Gotta get that... extra damage and regen?