Zombie returns, now as your server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Hello fellow blocktopians, i'm here today to talk about our old zombie server.

Loved by many since its release, the zombie server has brought many players and fun for years.

But sadly, those fun days came to an end, with the shutdown of the server a few months ago.

Here's where the plan start! Some of you probably noted the last status updated on my profile, telling that something old, related to zombie server, would return. Not as a blocktopia server, but as something different, something we have never seen before, something that never happened.
I give you: MCZombLite

In an attempt to bring back those old days of happyness and fun, we're releasing a lite version of our server software. For those who still love the server, host it on their own computer and play with friends!

The main purpose of this server is to play with your friends to remember those old good days, not to start hosting a public server. With that in mind, we removed some of the core features and added some others.
You can find a list with all the modifications here.
You can also find information about it here.

Download: Server.rar
Latest version: 1.0.1.1
We really hope you all who like the zombie server enjoy this gift we give you!
If you have any question/suggestion/bugs to report, just port it!
Extra note: For now, it's Windows only

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Glad they found a balance. Very happy with decision. Make the zombie people happy, and make the others happy that the next big server isn't just zombie again. Very good job admins/Winx!

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I thought there will be official server, hence new lobby...
This isn't the project Malcovent is talking of.
So what was Malcovent's project? Only new lobby?

Malcovent said:
Preferably keep to the initial specification/shape where possible. I think its vital to understand there will be "six" of the above placeholders side by side, so if they look too different it will somewhat ruin things. With that said there is room to change the dimensions 'slightly', but preferably nothing too drastic.

So tl;dr, you can do what you want, just if it looks too out of place it may not be chosen.
Or? some old server is actually coming back?

raxo2222 is confused, as Winx releases classic ZS server files to public.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I thought there will be official server, hence new lobby...
This isn't the project Malcovent is talking of.
So what was Malcovent's project? Only new lobby?

Malcovent said:
Preferably keep to the initial specification/shape where possible. I think its vital to understand there will be "six" of the above placeholders side by side, so if they look too different it will somewhat ruin things. With that said there is room to change the dimensions 'slightly', but preferably nothing too drastic.

So tl;dr, you can do what you want, just if it looks too out of place it may not be chosen.
Or? some old server is actually coming back?

raxo2222 is confused, as Winx releases classic ZS server files to public.
Malcovents project is a secreeeeeeet. It's not releeeeaaaaaased.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

Terre936

Reaction score
Was hoping for an smp-related premium server. Oh well, guess I can try out zombie. See if I like it like I use to in 2011...
EDIT:
Wait, this isn't the 'new server' Malcovent was talking about?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.