• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

Zombie Apocalypse RP Game

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
OCC: Let us try again shall we? Thank you computer for restarting for me as I am about to press Post Reply.

I walk the main streets, hopeful to find another survivor. Its been getting rough on my own. I'm down to 1 week left of food and just that gallon of water left. I don't even know if the water is safe to drink yet. I don't care if a zombie comes, I've proved to myself that I can handle them. Surprisingly I am faced with no zombies. Then I am startled by several gunshots. I approach the building from which they were fired. I find an entrance to the air duct system and start to crawl through. I peer through a grate and spot a man, with 1 zombie charging at him. I watch as he shoots the zombie's arms off. Before I know it the zombie is on top of him. The man struggles, fighting him off. He pulls and a knife and ends the zombie. I think about going over to him, but he doesn't look in the best of moods. As I crawl off, I hear a noice. Sounded like a bark of some sort.

"Was that a dog?"

It was too faint to tell. I reach a small room, appears to be a janitor's closet. There might be some supplies in here, but I am too tired right now. I quickly fall asleep.

(Another Dream): It's the last Christmas I will spend with my family (not knowing at the time). My family didn't have much money, so it was a small Christmas. I had made my parents presents in wood shop. For my mother, a wooden necklace. For my father, a baseball bat. He used to play baseball. They both thanked me, then gave me my 3 presents. The first present was my 2 throwing knives I have now. My father later taught me how to throw. Next was an ax, that again I still have with me, to make some money cutting down trees. Who knew they would turn into zombie killing weapons. My final gift was a framed picture of my family. I hung it in my room as soon as I opened it, and came back to join my family

I wake up thinking about that picture. Missing home. Then I think about my mother. Is she still alive? Has the apocalypse reached her? Does she miss us? Too much to think about. Now homesick, I set out to explore this building. I walk out into a small hallway to be greeted by 10 zombies.

*I quickly pull out my pistol firing 5 shots before running out of bullets.*

"Fuck, I forgot I used that one earlier."

The shots only took out 3 zombies.

*I Pull out my other pistol firing off the whole round, dropping 6 more zombies. I stare at the last zombie as it charges at me.*

"Time to have my own fun with you."

*I throw both of my knives, hitting it in the legs, sending it to its knees. I then I pull out my bat. With one good swing i hit it in the head. It's head flies off.*

Then it hits me. The bat. Baseball. My father. Christmas. My dreams. ARRRGGGHHH!! What the hell is this. Is my father watching over me? Is he sending me stuff in my dreams? It's just too weird. I remember to search the closet. I don't find much at all. In fact, I find nothing of use and head out to explore this building.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
OCC: Geeze, this is a zombie apocalypse guys, no need to get all serious about it, it's just a roleplaying forum game!
[[OOC: It's not exactly serious. The main problem is that sometimes a lot of things don't entirely make a lot of sense, and need to be clarified. When some people aren't clarified with certain circumstances, especially when it may or may not be a major factor, can frustrate people and generally lead to larger confusion later down the line. I feel that is the case, and is simply what vati is really looking for in terms of certain events. I myself, tend to take writing seriously as I'm slightly passionate about it, and I too, wish some clarification so I'm not confused and frustrated at where the story is (an example was the helicopter, at least for me. That scenario kind of dropped off the priority list randomly, and I'm not entirely certain what happened with it; but forget about that.)

This feels like it's turning into a fight, and is basically ruining the integrity of the thread in my opinion. I suggest that anything that needs an answer to be answered quickly and concisely so we can actually get the story back on track. Once all the Out-of-character is all out of the way, the main story will actually be better, and we don't have to worry about all of this. But seriously though, whenever we make a post, try to explain what's going on in their posts, and everyone should read each post thoroughly so we don't end up in situations like this were it feels like we are down each other's throats. (which is a complete overstatement, but I feel it was a good analogy.)

Summary: Just... try and answer each others questions so we can get back to the meat of what this is supposed to be: Thanks. I'm still kind of wondering about the heater though since I don't have any experience with them, and it doesn't quite make sense to me, and my personal opinion on the Day Cycle wants to come out and be posted, but I really just want all of this to be cleared up so the story can actually continue realistically and in a way that makes sense since RP is extremely enjoyable... And this really kind of drags it down.
Again, Please, and very much Thank you for reading this post. Good day to you sirs and or madams.]]

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
[[OOC: It's not exactly serious. The main problem is that sometimes a lot of things don't entirely make a lot of sense, and need to be clarified. When some people aren't clarified with certain circumstances, especially when it may or may not be a major factor, can frustrate people and generally lead to larger confusion later down the line. I feel that is the case, and is simply what vati is really looking for in terms of certain events. I myself, tend to take writing seriously as I'm slightly passionate about it, and I too, wish some clarification so I'm not confused and frustrated at where the story is (an example was the helicopter, at least for me. That scenario kind of dropped off the priority list randomly, and I'm not entirely certain what happened with it; but forget about that.)

This feels like it's turning into a fight, and is basically ruining the integrity of the thread in my opinion. I suggest that anything that needs an answer to be answered quickly and concisely so we can actually get the story back on track. Once all the Out-of-character is all out of the way, the main story will actually be better, and we don't have to worry about all of this. But seriously though, whenever we make a post, try to explain what's going on in their posts, and everyone should read each post thoroughly so we don't end up in situations like this were it feels like we are down each other's throats. (which is a complete overstatement, but I feel it was a good analogy.)

Summary: Just... try and answer each others questions so we can get back to the meat of what this is supposed to be: Thanks. I'm still kind of wondering about the heater though since I don't have any experience with them, and it doesn't quite make sense to me, and my personal opinion on the Day Cycle wants to come out and be posted, but I really just want all of this to be cleared up so the story can actually continue realistically and in a way that makes sense since RP is extremely enjoyable... And this really kind of drags it down.
Again, Please, and very much Thank you for reading this post. Good day to you sirs and or madams.]]
In response to your question about the heater JK it should have been a kerosene heater not a paraffin i would have thought however you dont have to worry as the paraffin heater would still work as described by fox.
In response to vati about the flashbang grenades, they were made from homemade gunpowder (gunpowder is easily made with sulfur, charcoal and saltpeter, all still obtainable in the apocalypse just to let u know.) and the gunpowder was discovered by my charachter in a factory where is was evident someone was working on making gunpowder. What happened to them will remain a mystery, unless someone feels compelled to make a story about that person.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Jack watches the sun rise as his watch comes to an end, a new day in this bleak and dangerous world was unfolding. The rain had ended overnight, but the actions of the previous night were still evident. Several buildings were damaged from the strange fire and explosion, Jack could only put the fault to a damaged kerosene heater prehaps? It was just one part of a series of events that just made no sense, and Jack hated not being able to make sense of a situation. His stomach grumbling in protest, Jack reached into his bag for some food, finding a packet of old biscuits. They offered little sustainance, after finishing the bag his stomach then rumbled in protest again. His nerves stretched to breaking point, Jack was startled by a larged rumbling sound behind him. Turning around on the spot with his hand at his sword, Jack prepares to hit his new found foe hard, only to find it is Bill snoring loudly in his sleep. "Gah, you could wake up the undead with that snoring." Smiling at his own joke, Jack then proceded to wake his two new allies from their sleep, with little success.

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
OOC : I think i missed alot from this RP. My character is still at the first day, so i may have to write a veeeeeeery long post to sync up with you guys. And gladly, my post will NOT have any character interaction whatsoever. So i'd expect my post to be done in around eh... 3-4 days maybe? We'll see. Also, it's okay if you guys want to do day 2. I'll just put in an explicitly visible "DAY 1" sign so that people will know that my post will refer to the first day.

note to self : do not stay away from RPs for a long time.

Reactions: JKangaroo

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
Name: Nicholas
Last Name: Vaughn
Nickname (optional): Nick, Frosty, Snowman
Age (near 18-60, not a 12 child): 21
Equipment (weapons and that stuff):
-2 Recurve aka traditional Bows (1 unstrung kept on top of pack the other on hand. unstrung bow is 40 lbs. strung bow is 60 lbs.)
-Quiver full of arrows (Quiver holds 10. so i have 10 arrows for those who dont get it.) +5 extras (15 total made arrows)
-1 ranch-hand (6+1) with 3 bullets left (all 3 loaded)
-1 machete
-1 combat knife
Physical Appearance:
- Height: 5'10
- Body Type: Athletic, but flexible
- Aesthetics: Short-trimmed Brown hair, Black Combat Boots, BDU(camo pants with black green and brown for all those who are not familiar) Pants and Jacket w/ sleeves rolled up, pure black beanie, and dog tags with silencers on them.
- Personality: Cold and emotionless on first sight because of the 2 tours of duty he served in Afghanistan(yes there is a reason i put this on here :)) but actually caring and has a strong sense of loyalty and justice. Loves the outdoors and is an Epinephrine aka adrenaline junkie. Was all varsity in football and wrestling in high school and a beginner in free running.
Skills: Advanced Military training, Expert in hand to hand, close quarters, and tracker good with pistols and master marksman also a survivalist (skills because of military training and being a pro bow hunter)
Supplies:
-leg holster, extra quiver, iodine, cantine, flint, MREs for 2 weeks, spare arrow tips, shafts, and fletching for arrows if needed, first aid kit, blade sharpener, survivalist dairy(personal notes on tips and tricks on surviving), 2 tabs and 2 arm guards
Nationality: Born and rasied Texan
Backpack: Large w/ waist strap
OOC: starting a few hours before day 1 ends
Day 1 happenings: (so you know i dont just pop out of nowhere) (its going to be a paragraph so just suffer through til day 2 which is when i will write proper but in a hurry right now)
on a 2 month hunting trip when i came upon the city about a month and a half into my trip, looking for more supplies
i entered the ruined city, (i am now in the city) finally saw someone a yelled for directions it came at me, after trying to reason i killed it with my knife. (so i know zombies are here) "forget this im going back out" (into woods) hear a cry for help. "There are people in there. Damn it." i head back towards the city.(now looking for survivors) staying in the shadows i go through city streets. i see someone near a VW, i follow to see if they are alive or one of them. they enter a building i scout around the building first i find out its diner, Danny's Diner according to the sign, but i hear moans of the undead so i dart across the street and hide. I hear a crash from inside the building. "damn they are alive but they are attracting unwanted attention." i unbuckle my pack and set it on the ground next to me.

Deciding to stay hidden and watch. a dozen undead surround the diner and start trying to enter. i hear rustling from in side suddenly...... BAM the front window is in flames. "ok i think its time for me to intervien." I ready an arrow, "I hope this goes well." I nock an arrow and ready myself for the first shot. i shoot, and take out the closest zombie to me, i have another arrow ready before the body hits the ground, i hear a crash from inside the diner. " time to hurry this up." I take my shot the arrow goes through one zoms head and get stuck in another. "3 down 9 to go." i set my bow near my pack and put the machete in my right hand and combat knife in my left. i charge forward silently take out 2 zoms at once do a twist and take out a 3rd. but by that time the others were aware of my presence and they start charging at me i hack the first zom to charge at me with my machete the second with my knife but the both stick "ive been in the wildness to long ive forgot to sharpen my blades." luckily the zoms go down but i got 4 more charging at me, i see a pipe laying on the ground behind the zoms. "this should be fun," i smirk, "lets do this." i charge forward, juke to the left, run on the wall past 1, into a hurtle over another, juke past the third but the 4th was in my way so i side step and close line the last(hit him hard enough to make him land on his neck and break it) i get within reach of the pipe i do a dive roll grab the pipe and roll onto my feet, but the zoms are already on me. As the first of the rain started to fall, i take a swing at the first and take it out. "shit. i dont have time to make another swing." i trip the second zom, "ill deal with you later." i prep the pipe to stab the 3rd zom but loose my footing in the puddles starting to form. i stab it in the chest it still trying to get me, in quick thinking, i spin it around grab his head from behind and snap its neck. "man that was clo.........." i didnt have time to finish my sentence for the zom i had tripped had charged me from behind, but as we were falling i was able to spin to land on my back i grab its face right before it tried to bite me. while we were fumbling on the ground i reach down to my leg holster and grab my ranchhand with my right hand and hit the zom in the head with the butt of the gun. i drop the gun and start wailing on it with my fists, i was covered in blood by the time i realized it was dead, but luckily the BDUs have micro fiber so all the blood was rolling off with the rain. I go and recover my items (ranch-hand, 2 arrows, knife, machete, bow, and pack)

After i have my gear i move quickly move towards the doors of the diner and try and open them, "damn it locked, this place is burning i need to get in there quick, i have to make noise damn it." i bust though a side window and scan the room quickly the door was blocked by a tire iron and i see a man on the floor, i go over to check him. to the left i see a dark room with blood coming from inside "he mustve found one, probably what the noise came from." i get to the man check his pulse, he is alive but out of it, i scan the room i see a pack, "it must be his." i run grab the pack and tire iron from the door (i attatch the iron to the bag) run back to the man and pic him up, while throwing him over my shoulder i notice the dent in the oven, i couldnt help but laugh, "Ill be sure to remind him of that later." I head out through the window and slung the mans pack over him, "I will be slow with all this weight i need to find somewhere close.......the hotel!" So sticking to the shadows, i made my way back to the hotel, i head up to the second story and find one of the few rooms without decay. I enter the room and set the man on the bed turn around and lock and barricade the door with the other items in the room and make sure the window is locked and covered, i cover the man with a blanket and then sit and rest in the chair in the dark corner i take out my blade sharpener and sharpen my knife "i wont have that happen again(thinking back to the earlier events)" i finish sharpening the knife and grab the machete and look at the man, (a little bit of light from the moon shines in through a crack in the curtains) i smile, "Weird he looks alot like my brother." i close the curtain, sit back down, and start to sharpen the machete

END DAY 1!!!!
OOC: AvantGarde ill let you pick it up now that you cannot die! And sorry for it being so long had to catch up and excuse any spelling, gramatic, or storyline mistakes had to do this quick next one will be better, and before you say anything i carry all of that when i go out bow hunting (with the exception of a machete) so yes that is a legit bag

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
[[OOC:
I wouldn't really say the thread is dead.
I think people are just waiting for Day 2 to actually fully start.
There have been no additional post besides Zippy's, which was really just to catch up on recent events to Day2.
There has been no story progression, nothing to base anything on. The story is at a standstill because of this. You did say that no one should go on ahead until everyone finishes Day 1.
I myself wrote my story into the morning of Day 2 already, so I can't really go on ahead because of that, as well as Duffie's equivalent since we're together in the story. This could be the reason he isn't posting a follow-up, but as I am not him, I cannot speak for Duffie.
I'm certain others also have good reasons for not posting yet, either by that idea of not posting until everyone finishes Day 1, or real-life issues can be in order of effect, stunting their posts or ideas.

If this is indeed the cause of it, this was probably one reason I don't quite support the Day 1, Day 2, Day etc cycle, since it stops the thread and causes the RP to die, which no one wants if their invested in the story and the people behind those characters. Its an experience; and we should let them have it. Honestly, I do want to post. I already have my next post drawn out, planned, and written down, but I can't really post it until something is done, and I'll be really sad if this thread really does die out as I do feel a Zombie Apocalypse is truly a great setting and can draw out powerful drama, and bring out the human emotion that spurs us on in life.

And honestly, although it causes some confusion and trouble, and personally I don't really like it when ideas conflict in terms of the time and place, not everyone has to be exactly at the same point in time in the story. We catch up, draw up our own stories in the process. Unless this RP is being actively portrayed in a visible world, such as in an MMO, RPG, RTS, Table-top Board, or any series of object or place that people can RP in and know that the world is at a specific time or date, I don't feel we should be completely worried about it.
There were many events that transpired in the work of the previous day in the story. The story continues to flow on despite our varied differences, just as the world does. This is why I so greatly feel the Day 1/2 cycle shouldn't have been implemented earlier. I couldn't state this before, as I could not think of it until reading your latest post. Honestly, this very well not be the case, and there is an extremely high chance it isn't!... But I feel it may be a factor though.

This is just my opinion, and mine alone unless someone agrees in their own thoughts, but I do feel something should happen. This is a great thread, and I do not want it to die out like so many threads across many forums and websites like it before. I do want to see something to happen. I don't want to see mine, and others interests die out. Hopefully something happens before it truly does fall to ashes.
Again, just my opinion on the matter.]]

FoxMccloud64

Reaction score
[[OOC:
I wouldn't really say the thread is dead.
I think people are just waiting for Day 2 to actually fully start.
There have been no additional post besides Zippy's, which was really just to catch up on recent events to Day2.
There has been no story progression, nothing to base anything on. The story is at a standstill because of this. You did say that no one should go on ahead until everyone finishes Day 1.
I myself wrote my story into the morning of Day 2 already, so I can't really go on ahead because of that, as well as Duffie's equivalent since we're together in the story. This could be the reason he isn't posting a follow-up, but as I am not him, I cannot speak for Duffie.
I'm certain others also have good reasons for not posting yet, either by that idea of not posting until everyone finishes Day 1, or real-life issues can be in order of effect, stunting their posts or ideas.

If this is indeed the cause of it, this was probably one reason I don't quite support the Day 1, Day 2, Day etc cycle, since it stops the thread and causes the RP to die, which no one wants if their invested in the story and the people behind those characters. Its an experience; and we should let them have it. Honestly, I do want to post. I already have my next post drawn out, planned, and written down, but I can't really post it until something is done, and I'll be really sad if this thread really does die out as I do feel a Zombie Apocalypse is truly a great setting and can draw out powerful drama, and bring out the human emotion that spurs us on in life.

And honestly, although it causes some confusion and trouble, and personally I don't really like it when ideas conflict in terms of the time and place, not everyone has to be exactly at the same point in time in the story. We catch up, draw up our own stories in the process. Unless this RP is being actively portrayed in a visible world, such as in an MMO, RPG, RTS, Table-top Board, or any series of object or place that people can RP in and know that the world is at a specific time or date, I don't feel we should be completely worried about it.
There were many events that transpired in the work of the previous day in the story. The story continues to flow on despite our varied differences, just as the world does. This is why I so greatly feel the Day 1/2 cycle shouldn't have been implemented earlier. I couldn't state this before, as I could not think of it until reading your latest post. Honestly, this very well not be the case, and there is an extremely high chance it isn't!... But I feel it may be a factor though.

This is just my opinion, and mine alone unless someone agrees in their own thoughts, but I do feel something should happen. This is a great thread, and I do not want it to die out like so many threads across many forums and websites like it before. I do want to see something to happen. I don't want to see mine, and others interests die out. Hopefully something happens before it truly does fall to ashes.
Again, just my opinion on the matter.]]

OCC: THIS <3
Yeah, now i'm dissapointed of putting the day cycle so, just everyone post starting a new day without the day cycle, i'm gonna post my Journal Diary* later

*= The posts that everyone makes, it's a Diary written by our characters at the end of the day, besides, our characters ae reading it in a safe shelter in England (If we get the "Good Ending" , or, other survivors found our Diary in out dead bodies (If we get the "Bad Ending")

Also, i'm gonna put a new rule, check it out

FoxMccloud64

Reaction score
OCC: OH LOOK THIS THREAD IS A ZOMBIE NOW!

I had a dream tonight, i was in a bridge, with a group of people, and three helicopters were there to rescue us, then i though to myself.

"That would be a premonition.?"

I did not give importance to the case, when i was about to sleep again, i heard shooting, a AKM with another weapon ((No one of us is making the gunfire)) When it ended, i fell asleep again.

It was another day, i took out a bottle of water from my backpack.

"New day, more survival."

Everyone was sleeping, then i gave a look at the window, i saw a body of a dead survivor.

"Ouch, bad look friend."

I left the apartment, then i saw the body and looked if he had weapons

"Holy ghoulies! This guys have good weapons!"

He had a AKM and a L96A1.

"Where someone could find those weapons now?"

I took the weapons, and left my M4, AK-74U and Glock near the body, i got inside the aparment again, fearing that he could turn in a zombie.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
OOC: I am back however kinda disapointed that this RP is kinda dead. I'm gonna leave this but Jack isn't gonna die! Might consider making a new one after looking at this one, I think it kinda needed more happening Fox sorry.