Your Top 5 Video Games

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
I spent awhile thinking about this as it was a hard choice... but I think I have it settled.
  1. Kingdom Hearts (I preferred 1 and 2, naturally, rather then the sides. 358/2 days and Chain of Memories were still fun to play though - just not as interesting to me!)
  2. Tales of Symphonia (Tales of Abyss was right up there though from the 'Tales' series.)
  3. Any Super Smash Bros. (Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  4. Team Fortress 2
  5. Animal Crossing: City Folk or Pokemon Fire Red or Soulcalibur 2. I don't know.
Geesh, I spent a lot of time playing these games... @_@
1,) Duck Hunt
2.) Mario Kart 64
3.) Legend of Zelda
4.) Pokemon Snap/Stadium
5,) Harvest Moon
How can you choose?
I like the wide variety of ones mentioned so far though. :)

eviltomb

Reaction score
How can you choose?
I like the wide variety of ones mentioned so far though. :)
quoted for truth! i'll try my best to though.

after staring at my game library for five minutes i've decided to break it into two lists. one for narrative, the other for gameplay.

gameplay (funnest to play)
5. elder scrolls: oblivion (i left out skyrim because i don't have it.)
4. super smash bros. brawl.
3. legend of zelda: wind waker
2. borderlands 2
1. team fortress 2

narrative (personal favorite story)
5. tales of vesperia
4. legend of zelda: wind waker (only one to make both lists.)
3. metal gear solid 3
2. final fantasy X
1. mass effect 2

i'm not entirely happy with the second list, but i'll go with it.

Reactions: SparklyMuffinz

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
NOT GONNA THINK JUST GONNA POST
1.) League of Legends [Everything about it is fun, EVERYTHIIING]
2.) Guild Wars 2 [Pretty much the most well made game, especially if you're switching from inferior MMO's]
3.) Team Fortress 2 [How can you not like this game. It has hats]
4.) Dark Souls [I can't say a lot about it, just that it's really really good mechanic wise and risk reward wise, it's also hitting on a game concept I've been wanting for a while and never found]
5.) Terraria [You can have this spot Terraria, you're a pretty swag game overall, however much I despise you for being too hard]

Voraxis Look into Lock's Quest

Reactions: AvantGarde

machinamazing

Reaction score
MGS4 (if you have a ps3 and havent played this, you're doing an injustice)
GTA San Andreas (2 player jetpack 6 stars anyone?)
Pokemon Silver (nostalgia zomg)
PES 6 (THIS was the football game back in the day)
Toy Story 2 (NOSTALGIA on the ps1, nothing more needs to be said xD)

Reaction score
1. Portal 2 (SPACE!) (also its fun to play multiplayer because spamming the emotes to piss GLaDOS off is too much fun)
2. Tales of Vesperia (only reason it isn't #1 is because of the ps3 fiasco for the game)
3. Resonance of Fate (simply because of the level of difficulty involved in the game, its not you average "in-and-out" rpg. If you don't plan your moves carefully; you're screwed.)
4. Beat Hazard Ultra/Symphony (Who doesn't like games controlled by your own music?)
5. Legend of Dragoon (An rpg on the PSone that could easily rival FF7)

Tales of Vesperia is pretty fun and is one of the very few rpgs on the Xbox360 that I actually enjoy playing. It was supposed to be a xbox360 exclusive game, but Namco Bandai went behind Microsoft's back and made a super deluxe special edition for the ps3 with a ton of extra content and then refused to add any of the extra content for the xbox360 so Microsoft banned the ps3 version's export into the USA. RPGs need to have the right level of difficulty combined with a good storyline and good game mechanics or they get boring for me quickly.

Reaction score
5. Lost Odyssey.
Lost Odyssey, while fun, left me hating it after fighting the final boss. For all the boasting he made throughout the game, he sure couldn't take a beating. Once all the fancy stuff got out of the way and the real fight began, I beat him in like 2-3 turns; highly disappointing. Both Tales of Vesperia and Resonance of Fate rate high on my scale for good rpgs mainly because the final fights are challenging. I have beat the boss of Tales of Vesperia several times and he is a pain in the butt at times. As for Resonance of Fate, I am still fighting my way to the final boss to be able to fight him. I have like 6 more rooms filled with powerful enemies to wade through before I can even think of fighting him. That includes 2 boss fights and all the normal enemies can drop one of my characters like nothing despite my characters having a higher level than them. One thing you will quickly find out about Resonance of Fate is that level means nothing when fighting an enemy. There have been boss fights where the boss was level 28 and my characters were level 7-8 and I destroyed the boss.

• Informative
Reactions: MDooley15

radman573

Reaction score
1. Tie between Star Wars Battlefront and Kingdom Hearts 2
2. Tie among: Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, GTA series, Uncharted series, GoW 3
3. Tie between Portal 2 and Just Cause 2
4. Pokemon Crystal
5. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team

Pikmon2

Reaction score
1. Pikmin Series
2. Pikmin Franchise
3. Pikmin collection
4. Pikmin trilogy
5. Pikmin games

(Actual list):
1. Pikmin 2 - My favorite game of all time ever. (Pikmin 1 is here as well, not sure if Pikmin 3 will be.)
2. Super Mario Sunshine - Technically other then Starfox adventure, my first game! Played it when I was 3!
3. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Favorite Zelda game, just awesome.
4. Earthbound - If it weren't for Wind Waker, best RPG of all time. I actually talked to NPC's and enjoyed it!
5. Little Big Planet 2 - Shear brilliance.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
  • Call of Duty Black Ops 2
  • InFamous 2 (One of the only PS3 games I have at this time but looking to get the first infamous)
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
  • UFC Undisputed 2010 (What? If I'm ever mad and punching a wall doesn't work, I can just go beat someone up in the octagon)

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
I shall be going from number five (bottom) to number one (top) in a countdown style.

5. Minecraft
Yes, it is number five. It is a great game, by far, and of all places I'm sure you're all familiar with why it's good so I won't go into detail. :p

4. Portal 2
This game... boy. Great characters, great voice-acting, Valve playtested the crap out of it and by far one of the most captivating and unique storylines in a game I have ever encountered. Not to mention little things are still popping up which give you that tingling sensation. You know the one. OOHOOOHOO

3. Super Monkey Ball 2
A personal favourite, mostly for nostalgia. It is quite challenging to get the hang of, but boy is it a rewarding (if not slightly underrated) game once you master it.

2. Team Fortress 2
Many notches above all other FPS games in my opinion, not so much because of its art style and humour (which I do love as well), but the fact that it's not completely serious. I like this unique game because it makes you appreciate the fact that you can be running for your life aiming crosshairs at people on the opposite team and also laughing at the sheer stupidity of the situation. Golly.

1. Sonic Adventure 2
I don't know what to say. I'm glad I'm not the only one ( HarmakPaul ;) ) who is into it. This was the very first console video game I ever played, the second being Super Monkey Ball 2. It has an appreciative storyline, it was one of the first games to include a story following the perspective of both the good and bad side, the Chao Garden is just plain mesmerising and it has plenty of A-ranks and stuff to do after you finish the main game. I really love the treasure hunting stages, and being an idiot in the Chao Walkers in the Battle Stages. Asdf hide-and-seek in Mad Space. And hell yes I'm biased, Sonic fan twelve years and coming. Hehe

Boy, do I love them number 2 games.