Your Top 5 Video Games

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
I took a gander down the back alleys of the forums and couldn't find a thread similar to this. Which was odd. So, this will fill the void.

Title says all; what are your top five video games, ever? What entertained you - made you think - or otherwise stuck with you, even to this day? They don't have to be in any order.

Personally;
  • Alan Wake (The soundtrack, oh my)
  • Starcraft: Brood War
  • Castle Crashers
  • Persona 3
  • Pandemonium! (Brings all the childhood memories)

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
All time? I have absolutely no idea. My tastes change, so I'll just put the game I've poured hours of my life into.
  • Blocktopia Zombie Survival. Oh, yes, I've put 1000 hours into that. In February, I think I put around 120 hours. If this wasn't on the list, I'd be lying to my heart.
  • World of Warcraft. I don't play it any more, but I spent a few years playing that game.
  • Starcraft 2. I still play it sometimes, and I've put a lot of time into it. I still follow the eSports scene, which personally I think is the best type of sport.
  • Team Fortress 2. 288.4 hours of fun, in my opinion the best FPS by far.
  • DotA 2. The newest game, despite not playing it much now, I only got it in September, and broke the 100 hour barrier insanely quickly. I'm sitting at 213.2 hours.
Honorable mentions go to Pokemon Gens 3/4/5, but I'm not sure I could find a place for them in this list. Also, my current addiction, Europa Universalis 3.

• Agree
Reactions: ReyvnNova

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
My top 5 games are a bit nostalgic.

- Donkey Kong Country
- Super Mario
- Street Fighter
- Mortal Kombat
- Sonic the Hedgehog
Will always love these games!

As for today's games:
- Assassins Creed - Adore the storylines
- Portal - GlaDos, best villain ever!
- Minecraft - Dreams are endless
- Left 4 Dead - The witch
- Dance Central - For competitive reasons I enjoy this game

Reactions: Pikmon2

RaneofPane

Zombie
Reaction score
-Borderlands 2
-Ni No Kuni
-Golden Sun
-The World Ends With You
-Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
1. Blinx: The Time Sweeper - If you don't know this, then you clearly don't know me well enough

2. Pikmin 2 - A very close second, I found the strategy when playing the game really fun, and it's pretty easy for beginners to pick up

3. Sonic Adventure 2 - So many features that were done right. Near flawless controls, fair difficulty, Chao garden, good story, and great level design.

4. Monster Tale - One of the most obscure games I know. Normally they are either really bad or really good. It's a lot like 2D Metroid and Pokemon.

5. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 - The first pokemon game where they put more than 10 seconds of thought in the story. One of only two games that made me cry, the other being Mother 3 (for obvious reasons).
------------------------------------
Honorable Mentions (not in order):

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Best licensed game I've ever played. One of my all time favorite platformers.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggles - Controls well, loved all but 3 bosses (Million Gunman, New Destroyman, Matt Helms) and a pretty good message near the end.

The Munchables - Another obscure gem. Think of it like Katamari Damacy except with combat and bosses.

Banjo-Kazooie - Another great platformer, the game's humor, music and gameplay make it. Could have done a little more, though, since I find SS:BFBB more fun.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - Some of the best gameplay, one of the the best stories, and some of the most entertaining characters found in a Mario game.

Age of Empires 2: One of the first games that I've poured hours upon hours on. My favorite RTS.

Reactions: Pikmon2 and Kattzen

Sploorky

Reaction score
Oh wow. I'm going to look at my top 5 for purely nostalgic reasons, because I don't play video games much anymore.

5. League of Legends(Not nostalgic, but I couldn't think of a fifth and its the only game I still regularly play)
4. Metal Gear Solid 2(I own the copy with all the vr missions. Woo!)
3. Paper Mario 2(Not as nostalgic as 4, 2, and 1, but this is an RPG done really well)
2. Kingdom Hearts 2(THE TIMES I PLAYED THIS AS A KID. GAME COMPLETED AFTER GAME COMPLETED AFTER GAME COMPLETED)
1. Sly cooper 3(My childhood in a nutshell)

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
I'm going to have to post series of games because just picking one is too hard.

1.Pokemon - One of my childhood games that I still pick up and play. One of the few games that are worth it going back to the older versions.
2.Sly Cooper - Also one of my childhood games. It holds up well in time, too.
3.Mystery Dungeon - I loved these games and they will always have a place in my heart. Probably the only game that made me shed a tear; on BOTH of the games (Red/blue and darkness/light/sky.)
4.Borderlands/2 - Eeveon and I played the CRAP out of these games. I couldn't imagine playing them without him, to be honest. Great 2 player games.
5.Super Smash Bros. Brawl - This is the only fighting game I actually enjoyed playing and still play to this day. Also one of the few games that I actively watch tourney videos on, which are always fun.

The placement can really change here. I love all these games pretty much equally and I still left a few out. Oh well...

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well mine may or may not be telling about myself, depends on how you look at it really.
But mine are:
  • Age of Empires
  • Comapany of Heroes
  • Minecraft
  • Harvest Moon
  • Super Smash Brothers
You want to know something funny, the first computer game I played was Age of Empires at the age of 3, has that game withstood the test of time, I damn well think so!

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
1. Minecraft - I've been playing it for over a year now, has truly withstood the test of time
2. Adventure Quest Worlds - While this is a bit of a pay-to-win, whenever I got bored of a game I would come back to this.
3. Minions of Mirth - Possibly one of the best computer games I've ever played, although I was probably too young; it's an old-style RPG that is still going now.
4. Kid Icarus: Uprising - Probably the best portable game I ever played, unique and has a few humorous elements in it.
5. Fossil Fighters - Absolutely LOVED this a year or two ago, I played nearly 5 hours every day. Summed up to about 200 hours across 3 files.

Edit:
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
1. Settlers
2. Heroes of Might and Magic
3. Age of Wonders
4. Civilization IV with Caveman2Cosmos mod
5. Minecraft

I could place SimCity but no space left here...

Games are in random order BTW.
I love strategies, RPGs and simulators - they are fun.

GodzEater

Reaction score
1.) Okami
2.) TWEWY (The World Ends With You)
3.) Animal Crossing
4.) No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
5.) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
(I could go on and on for days but this is only a top 5 list.)

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Hm... I have to think about this one...

I usually move from game to game, and go back to them after an extent of time. I don't usually pick favorites, but Minecraft, Mabinogi, and Maplestory are definitely games I always go back to... Hm...

... Well, here's what I got. It's definitely not going to stay like this, but this is what I can say it currently is right now.
  1. Animal Crossing: City Folk [Wish I still had this.]
  2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  3. FTL: Faster Than Light
  4. Ghost Trick
  5. Minecraft
And as you can see, I much prefer calmer games... Usually.

Reactions: AvantGarde

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hrm, my tastes are probably quite different to all yours but my 5 are:

5: Scribblenauts / Super Scribblenauts
4: Minecraft
3: Kirby Super Star Ultra & Kirby Sqeak Squad [Just cause they have similar gameplay
2: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
1: Drawn to Life
:bounce:
More favourites would probabaly be Kirby's Adventure Wii, Super Smash Bros games, and Final Fantasy IV. [wish I still had it]
I pretty much like anything of a colourful, fun, and often quirky nature, and I also like games with a bit more depth.
I still don't understand why Drawn to Life has so few people who know and love it.
:unsure:

:laugh::bounce::sleep: