Your Story on how you found Blocktopia.

Zeus42000

Reaction score
This thread's purpose is to tell your story on how you found this community. Here's mine:

It was a average day. I was browsing YouTube looking for MC videos, when I found a video saying, "Blocktopia Zombie Survival." I watched it and decided, "Hey, this place looks cool. Let's give it a try." I came on, and was welcomed in right away. After that, I found the forums and the Non-Classic Servers. 3 months later, I joined BuildBox for the first time.

There's my story. I can't wait to read yours! :D

*Post has been heavily edited to fix errors in spelling and grammar.*

Last edited:

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I was just a normal person, playing on a friend's Minecraft account in order to have a skin. I would go to Classic build servers, build some things, and clear up some grief due to my early OCDness from Minecraft.

I then run into someone by the name of 'Ghoul47', who I still have as a friend on Hotmail. We talked and built things together, and it was cool. He then told me of a server he had recently found...

TheOne's Zombie Survival

I went with him to get on this server, and I quite enjoyed it. I only really talked with Ghoul, and it was fun.

I stopped playing for a while, as I tried making my own Build Classic server. (which just had 3 completely random people come on and make an AWESOME airstrip. xD) A couple weeks or so later, I find myself finding Zombie Survival again. I join in on my friend's Minecraft account, and play some Zombie Survival.

After playing for a couple hours, I open up with the players. I always enjoyed coming back to Zombie Survival, jumping around on the old WoM client, with awesome jump physics.

I stop playing again, and end up going to a specific build server, which I forget the name of. I grew attached to the players there, and even got my own account. I found a Kairi skin online, thought it would be unoriginal to use it as my own, and edited it to look like Mizore Shirayuki. I was quite proud of it.

After some time, I found myself finding Zombie Survival, yet again, and I hop on. I stay quiet for a while, enjoying myself, and noticing some old faces. I then say hi to Jowe, an oldie that I'm sure some of you remember. He suggests me to check out the forums, and... That's how it all started!

I then just made my account, got a Mizore picture for my avatar, took my time on my first Trusted application for Zombie Survival, got accepted in one day, then getting referred to be chosen to be an Operator in less than a week. I spent at least a month as a Zombie Survival Operator, until my internet was taken away from my grandmother. I had no means of saying I would be away, and I was soon demoted for inactivity. I lost interest in Zombie Survival soon after, especially after the banishment of using the WoM physics.

With tons of free time, I went on the forums a lot more often, and frequented the Forum Games board. I had played many games, such as @KingSam's famous "Be the Last to Post Within 24 Hours WITH PRIZE" It was full of spam sometimes, but I always found it to be a quirky chatroom of glory.

As time passed, many things occurred then; SMP was introduced, the Classic Build Server going down, Creative Multiplayer going up (way before Creative was even a feature in Minecraft!), and a bunch of other jazz. But suddenly, san00b (I believe he's the one who posted the thread) had placed a poll on a new name for the forums, as well as servers. TheOne had mysteriously up and left, from my knowledge, and we were going to keep moving forward. As you can see today, you can no doubt guess what name we had come up with;

Blocktopia.

And that, my friends... Is how I came to find Blocktopia.

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
I feel like we had a thread like this, or maybe I'm getting old. Maybe probably the later.

Me and Avant were searching for servers to play on together, and we found TheOne's Zombie Survival. Played a little, then left. While I moved on, Avant returned and became a VetOp before roping me in to play again. I fell in love with the community, and all else is history.

Gasy_Europeon

SURVIIIIVVVVVVOOOOOOORRRRRR
Reaction score
I first found a lava survival video on youtube, and decided to make a minecraft account after watching UberHaxorNova and Sp00nerism play minecraft, then I used CTRL + V and type lava, then came lava survival. :D
After playing on it for a while, I got bored and and CTRL + V'd again and typed 'Blocktopia' then I found the best server in the whole wide world and the entire universe. : D

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe it was through my younger brother I found out about Blocktopia. I spent some time on Zombie first and sucked at that, but became addicted. Then I moved on to Lava and became obsessed with that server. Initially I was too lazy to learn the TNT tutorial, but once I got the hang of it, through the help of staff, it just became another server I loved. Please, do not get me started on Premium, because once I got that, well...

Reactions: ReyvnNova

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
There's a thread like this in the Lava forums, it was called "How did you find lava survival" or something like that. I also remember something else like this, but I have no idea where it is.

So, one day, my weird and hilarious big brother was talking about a new indie game that was getting very popular. He said it was new, and said that the website was minecraft.net. So, I decided I wanted to try it for myself, so I went on the website and clicked "Play multiplayer". I chose a random server and built my very own little brick house, it was very small, and it had some flowers in front of it. I was very proud.

Soon, I got premium. So I played on it for a little, and soon I decided to go and play on classic a little. As I was looking at the servers, one of the servers were on the top of the list; "[Blocktopia] Zombie Survival". I decided to click on it and I found it rather entertaining. I played on it for a little while, though I sucked at surviving. Now, as an average 9-10 year old back then, I had no sense of humor, and didn't talk much. I rarely talked at all.

I soon discovered "[Blocktopia] Lava Survival" after zombies while searching for zombies. I decided to give it a try. I discovered how different it was from Zombies; you could just relax in a house. You could talk to other people. So I stayed there for a while. Before it was made illegal to donate to players to help them rank it, some of my friends donated me the remaining money I needed for Builder, and from what I remember, it took a month. A few days after I got Builder, I got off and lost interest for around 5 months.

In October-September 2011, I rediscovered Lava. I met some interesting people, and my current best friend ever that I Skype with everyday, Toiletprincess. I also met Neon_penguin, Wilson654646, and peckypeck92(I think). We became a group of best friends, and we are all still good friends. We played together. In September, I signed up on the forums, and then I considered my self a true, official Blocktopian. And that is the story of how I discovered this community. c:

Reactions: digi

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
Ehh, for me I don't know the full story, but I was getting bored of my second WoW phase in late 2010, and I found Minecraft Classic and began hanging around build servers. I guess I just found [Blocktopia] Lava Survival in January 2011 and [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival a month following, and just stuck to those above all other servers. Zombie is the most addicting thing I've ever played in my entire life.

Reactions: JKangaroo

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I feel like we had a thread like this, or maybe I'm getting old. Maybe probably the later..
Actually both!
There was in fact a thread like this!
In fact... two threads! (though one was Theo being wonderful Theo)
Theo's Closed Thread: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/how-did-you-discover-blocktopia.5396/
Original Thread (that I can remember to be Original): http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/how-did-you-find-blocktopia.1637/
And yes, you are also getting old, you silly Blocktopian goose. *does an "Oh you" gesture*

Anyways, my story is in the later link as well as in that... "How'd you find Zombies" thread? I don't quite remember actually. ^_^
(I think it was during this time period, but I'm bad at keeping track of time or the dates of things so I may be slightly off but!...)
I kind of found Minecraft thanks to a "First Impressions" video done by a member of TheGameStation on Youtube since I was kind of into World of Warcraft at the time, and enjoyed the Cataclysm coverage. Since I couldn't afford Minecraft at the time, I settled for 1)Online video's, and 2) Minecraft Classic... And Oh boy, Classic it indeed is.

I essentially I guess began as I guess anyone else did I guess? I kind of saw Minecraft as a building tool as it was essentially made of blocks... And you build with blocks.. Right? That's what I thought at the time, so I essentially hopped around a bunch of Freebuild servers for a week or two (hating the griefer and wondering with ecstasy how so many other players could fly and not I, oh the nostalgia). However, through it all I constantly saw a group of popular servers show up in the server list. Those servers were continually "Lava Survival" servers.
I tried looking up video's of Lava Survival servers, but I never really found any, so It kind of piqued my interest.

I decided to join "TheOne's Lava Survival Beta Server" (since it happened to be beta at the time, I don't remember it's actual name, don't judge me).
I enjoyed it for a little while, though the process got kind of boring quickly for me (that's why you don't see me on any of the Lava Servers sadly), and so I went back to Freebuild jumping and then getting sucked back into World of Warcraft and it's (and other games) Role-playing scene.

That's kind of my introduction to Blocktopia.. Though I came back thanks to rediscovering the servers and the inclusion of the "Zombies" server, returning to the Role-playing scene, then returning to the community to find out it being dubbed "Blocktopia" instead of "TheOne's" and rejoining early in my Freshman year since I couldn't keep up with the schedule of Role-play due to silly timezones between Mainland U.S. / Europe and Hawaii.
And... I am here today.

D

Deleted member 4601

I was just searching for 'lava' when blocktopia lava classic came up. Long story cut short. :3

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well... I heard about the game after reading a bunch of forums back in February 2011 and I played on a multiple amount of freebuild servers untill April 2011, somebody on a freebuild server told me about Blocktopia Zombie Survival. I joined it and got instantly hooked, earning about 100 hours on the server. (before the reset) after that, I checked out the other classic servers. I dissapeared for a month and I realized the forums weren't up anymore. I asked Zillionair which was on my steam friends list what happened to it and she/he told me that brohoster shut down or whatever. I refreshed every few days untill I saw it was up again and I signed up on the new forums. Later I got hooked on TNT and later the Premium servers. Lately I haven't been playing on the servers because I'm mostly playing League of Legends and Guild Wars 2 on teamspeak with other blocktopians.

My name is Jolteon42, and that was my story.

Reactions: digi

Vatowski

Reaction score
The old community I loved closed, I tried to join several other communities but they always closed due to the lack of funds and donations. However, I saw that this community was still alive so I was like: "What the heck! Why do I search for shitty communities when I have a awesome one right in front of me?" That day I connected to Blocktopia TeamSpeak for the first time of my life and I met GearZX and we talked about trolls.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I was bored in December 2011 and wanted to play something new. I got a gamer magazine in the mail and was reading reviews and saw one for this game called "Minecraft". It gave a great review and it sounded exciting! I particularly liked the idea of zombie survival, so I made my free minecraft account under the same name I'd used on the internet for months (Da_Jinks) and, after fooling around for a few days on singleplayer, looked up in the multiplayer bar "zombie survival". I saw [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival and clicked on it and found it fun! I really wasn't playing a huge amount for a few months but once I started I finally joined the forums and here I am!

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
My close friend actually got me into playing Minecraft, I would have never found any interest in it without her. My friend discovered Minecraft, and kept pestering me about it for about 2 years. But Minecraft was something looked down upon where I used to live, so all the games I played were kept a secret. After living there for a long time, I moved to a whole different country with my family and my close friend, so I could study abroad there.

She gave me one last push, and I began to think about how I gave her a rough time about it. Then I started to think about the "What-if's" this was a problem with my anxiety issues, I always over think my issues, get confused, lose sleep, etc. I thought "What if I don't do it, and she hates me forever?" then I definitely gave in after that last question. Funny thing is, the exact day we moved I gave in, but starting life in a whole different community where everything to me is alien, it was tough. I changed and went through a tough time- even still. I always tried to act like those who were actually from the country. But my friend was always there for me, and she was my support every step of the way.

I couldn't ask for anything more, so I started to play seriously. Then got my younger brother to play as well, then I discovered [Blocktopia] Lava Survival and searched through the other servers, and how lovely everything was. So I stayed. This coming June, will be my first anniversary, celebrating my move and my life with Blocktopia!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Forseti

Sploorky

Reaction score
I watched ElectricalBeast play blocktopia zombie survival ages ago. I registered on minecraft, tried some random zombie survival server, then remembered the name of blocktopia. Played on zombie for around 5 days, quit in frustration, then tried lava.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I'd played Minecraft since it came out in 2009, just on random build servers. This all changed though, when my best friend at the time Araination (A Lava Op) told me to check out this server called TheOne's. The second time I got on, I got banned for arguing with staff. (I think LG banned me) After being unbanned (I appealed) it was only about a month later that I started staffing as a Trusted. The rest is history. :)

Reactions: Zeus42000

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I found Zombie Survival through ElectricalBeast on youtube. Then I started finding other Blocktopia servers and the community really grew on me. No seriously. Please stop growing on me.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
I started playing Minecraft in January of 2012, I believe. I played it for quite a while, but I never found any good servers, so I got bored. A while later, I started watching some Adventure Map videos, but I had no clue how to install them into Minecraft, and so began the search for an Adventure Map server.
A day or so after I started searching, I found A&T. I made some friends, one of whom introduced me to BuildBox, where I've spent, most likely, close to 200 hours at this point.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
In my time playing minecraft I constantly ended up changing servers (half of them kept falling ) the others I just didn't like as much. Finally I find an amazing server, it was unlike any I'd ever played the server itself was survival however it had A very creative feel due to some of the Plugins and features as well as its awesome economy, (more creative than build box) though it too fell due to some ddos attacks. At this point I was really sick of minecraft. So I went to classic minecraft on my wom I saw TNT wars,this seemed like it might be fun so I clicked on it. It was so much fun I joined it, a few days in though I got warn kicked for entering enemy spawn accidently. The warn bothered me so much it became obvious to me that if I didn't leave the server I would end up banned. I'd remembered hearing about blocktopias other servers and guess I wanted to try premium lava so I went there, and got hooked completely.(i think it was well over a month before I even logged into TNT wars again)

Reactions: MustabearXD

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
I used to like Lava Survival servers so I tried different ones, I ended up finding Blocktopia Lava Survival and thoguht it was OKay, I found Blocktopia "interesting" out of the other Lava Survival Servers and searched "Blocktopia." I found Blocktopia Classic TNT Wars and loved it.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
This is actually quite a funny story.

My friend bought minecraft a while back with the username Chillingworth as per my suggestion. Yup. Apparently the both of us thought that you couldn't play classic online without a paid account, so he stuck to single player while I played with Chillingworth on classic online. Eventually, after around 1-2 months, I was getting bored with the average build servers so I decided to look up something interesting. The first thing that popped into my head was 'lava!' So I looked up Lava, and tested all of the various servers. Blocktopia was the only one that I really had fun on, but after a month or so of sporadically logging on there I got bored with that as well. However, noticing how professional Blocktopia was with Lava made me want to search for other Blocktopia servers; the second I saw Zombie, I joined and was immediately hooked. Eventually, as I applied for Trusted, I bought my friend a new minecraft account and took over this one permanently so I could play classic and premium. The rest is history, and I'm approaching almost two years in the community. :]

radman573

Reaction score
Well...... this is actually pretty bad.....

I used to play on the classic zombie server every once in a while (I just found it while looking for servers) but for some reason one day I sorta kinda you know..... yeah, you can find it if you want.

Anyway, after I was banned for a few months, I came back ironically after the previous server I was on was hacked and everyone left. And yeah, pretty stupid on my part XD