Why Colonize Mars?...

Reaction score
But then if earth turns into a dry desert, how would everyone make it to Mars alive? It would take years and Mars has dust storms and not as much water as Earth. Therefore, we rule :D

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
No, We just build an Very, very, VERY big space ship. we put plants, animals, water, Much humanz, and air in it.
We go into space, and go to the closest planet with air. Yes there are planets with air.
This will take some lightyears. So we are traveling for like 1000 years? thats like 9 generations of people. Then everyone will live on on the other planet. PROBLEM SOLVED.
This is possible right? =3

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
No, We just build an Very, very, VERY big space ship. we put plants, animals, water, Much humanz, and air in it.
We go into space, and go to the closest planet with air. Yes there are planets with air.
This will take some lightyears. So we are traveling for like 1000 years? thats like 9 generations of people. Then everyone will live on on the other planet. PROBLEM SOLVED.
This is possible right? =3
Not yet, and it would cost like million millions of dollars

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Why go to Mars? According to most people who support it here: BECAUSE WE'RE APPARENTLY TOO LAZY TO TRY AND STOP OURSELVES FROM TURNING OUR OWN PLANET INTO A SHITHOLE.

Yep, no point in recycling, let's just go spend all our remaining resources COLONIZING MARS WOOOOOOO :V

*Post written at 4:40 a.m. Post may not accurately reflect temperament of poster. Poster probably does not give a single shit.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
What about colonizing mars in 2070 year, and fixing our Worlds Economy before?

We can build giant, rotating space station in 2030, but not Mars, its too early for it!

We could have use of having 10 times larger middle class, than we have now.

TL;TR We have too few money and resources.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
But what if we find aliens and then they destroy the human race :U
Ok, le' serious topic.
If the world is going to end anytime soon (next thousand years) we might want to start now to have an optimal number of spaceships and whatnot, but I'm not sure if that'll end too well.

silkshadow

Reaction score
onl
What about colonizing mars in 2070 year, and fixing our Worlds Economy before?

We can build giant, rotating space station in 2030, but not Mars, its too early for it!

We could have use of having 10 times larger middle class, than we have now.

TL;TR We have too few money and resources.
only enough oil in the world to last atleast 150 years >.>

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
IMO it will be a repeat of another great exploration age when they found North America. Lots of countries will be trying to start up their own colonies and slowly grow them on other colonies. Heh, weird idea but that's just what I think.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
what do you suggest we'll have lol? "thinks back to starwars movies"
Close enough, just we won't have Warp, Teleportation and we still chilling mainly on earth, healthier and richer, if idiots wont make wasteland here. I read recently a book about it.

Posting title of the book is advertisment?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
From what I heard, there's some sort of agreement that nobody can colonize Antartica. I think if that agreement is debated over and possibly taken away / revised, we'll have a new place to try and live in.

Also, the better part of Australia is in unfavorable conditions, but with a little work we could probably spread humans out in that area. Both of these options, Australia and Antartica, have a much higher chance of being colonized than Mars, with probably less money and less resources used up than the latter.

• Agree
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
From what I heard, there's some sort of agreement that nobody can colonize Antartica. I think if that agreement is debated over and possibly taken away / revised, we'll have a new place to try and live in.

Also, the better part of Australia is in unfavorable conditions, but with a little work we could probably spread humans out in that area. Both of these options, Australia and Antartica, have a much higher chance of being colonized than Mars, with probably less money and less resources used up than the latter.
yeah, Mars is for later time, close to end of century.

silkshadow

Reaction score
Close enough, just we won't have Warp, Teleportation and we still chilling mainly on earth, healthier and richer, if idiots wont make wasteland here. I read recently a book about it.
Posting title of the book is advertisment?
suprised we dont have holograms yet lol. I wouldnt mind talking to a fellow blocktopian over a hologram :p

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Before the moon, go after Antarctica and Australia as before-mentioned. Besides, as least Mars had traces of water, the moon doesn't have any.
Africa has lot of potential. We can mine in oceans. There is lot of stuff to colonize/build here. Antarctica/Siberia/Australia are good places to start colonize. After it we should go for Earths orbit and then moon.