Other Where We Are, Moving Forward, and an Apology

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I don't think Minecraft is nearly as viable as people seem to think, on top of requiring developers which we severely lack for the most part Minecraft isn't even as popular as the last time we had this conversation, I couldn't even tell you who the big names on YouTube or Twitch are.

Since the overhaul we've had a TTT server and a Starbound server and no others to my knowledge, I'd like to see servers of other games under the Escape Restart umbrella meaning that it is publicly endorsed by our Admins and information regarding those servers is available to the community even if those servers aren't necessarily being run by a SA or CA (Though I think it probably should be), having our name in other games even as a foothold is important, there's no reason why we can't have our own guild in WoW or our own crew in GTA Online.

A lot of people seem to be hammering in the idea of fortifying our Minecraft servers but do most people even want a new Minecraft server?
I always see people talking about losing interest in Minecraft and I am definitely one of those people but I would jump at the opportunity to get on, say a Terraria server.
We don't have a solid foothold anywhere. create seems to be doing pretty well lately, but that's about it. A lot of our sIfomewhat regulars are minecraft players though and a heavy amount of our forum users are minecraft players who really don't have the time to play due to college and work. Abandoning the servers at this point in time would alienate a large portion of our current userbase. I'm not saying hey let's freaking invest everything in minecraft! that would be stupid and I think you're right to point out there are also a large number of people who'd like to move into something else. I'd love to see a terraria server (though I think that would have to be an event server?) If the time comes where we have strong footholds in TTT and CS:GO and all those other awesome games then sure, cut minecraft if we're still struggling, but until that time comes we're going to need to rely on and keep building our minecraft servers alongside the others. It's very unrealistic to think that too many of our minecraft players would just join TTT or something. Instead, It's much more likely they will feel alienated and eventually end up leaving the community entirely to find other minecraft communities. At this point in time we can't afford to exclude a larger section of our players.

as far as the viability of Minecraft goes: It may not be the most popular game out there but it's not impossible. I think a large amount of our problems lately have come from the administrations extreme unresponsiveness. I think if we actually put in some effort we would see an increase in players

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
We don't have a solid foothold anywhere. create seems to be doing pretty well lately, but that's about it. A lot of our sIfomewhat regulars are minecraft players though and a heavy amount of our forum users are minecraft players who really don't have the time to play due to college and work. Abandoning the servers at this point in time would alienate a large portion of our current userbase. I'm not saying hey let's freaking invest everything in minecraft! that would be stupid and I think you're right to point out there are also a large number of people who'd like to move into something else. I'd love to see a terraria server (though I think that would have to be an event server?) If the time comes where we have strong footholds in TTT and CS:GO and all those other awesome games then sure, cut minecraft if we're still struggling, but until that time comes we're going to need to rely on and keep building our minecraft servers alongside the others. It's very unrealistic to think that too many of our minecraft players would just join TTT or something. Instead, It's much more likely they will feel alienated and eventually end up leaving the community entirely to find other minecraft communities. At this point in time we can't afford to exclude a larger section of our players.

as far as the viability of Minecraft goes: It may not be the most popular game out there but it's not impossible. I think a large amount of our problems lately have come from the administrations extreme unresponsiveness. I think if we actually put in some effort we would see an increase in players
IT
ISN'T
FUCKING
ABANDONING

IT
ISN'T
ALIENATION

Sure, let's focus on the Minecraft servers for right now but soon the time will come where we have MORE servers to tend to, and we won't always have the time to focus on Minecraft. And as of right now the Minecraft servers need very little tending to. There are no new updates, there's no extremely broken plug-ins as far as I know. We have ample time to fucking TRY to maintain the other half of the community THAT THE OVERHAUL WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING US ANYWAY.

In this thread the first five responses (four if you don't want to include mine) state that no one goes on Kami's is due to loss of interest in one way or another. And there's bound to be more.

So tell me again how a "heavy amount" of people don't play because of school or work.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I posted this elsewhere but here's me paraphrasing:

I think if we're chained to this game for life we may as well go all the way. Considering we can't escape being drowned by the weight of Minecraft we may as well grow gills and become a community as big as Shotbow or The Hive. That's really the only way we can make it now, if this is the route that we have to choose

Reactions: les_morts_vivants

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
IT
ISN'T
FUCKING
ABANDONING

IT
ISN'T
ALIENATION

Sure, let's focus on the Minecraft servers for right now but soon the time will come where we have MORE servers to tend to, and we won't always have the time to focus on Minecraft. And as of right now the Minecraft servers need very little tending to. There are no new updates, there's no extremely broken plug-ins as far as I know. We have ample time to fucking TRY to maintain the other half of the community THAT THE OVERHAUL WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING US ANYWAY.

So tell me again how a "heavy amount" of people don't play because of school or work.
You really have strong feelings regarding this.
A lot of people are saying ER should ditch MC ("bcoze MC is ded!1!!") and move onto other servers. This is wrong, and we know it, because a lot of the current members are still Minecraft players. If you close down all the MC servers, you are going to alienate Minecraft users, and they will end up going to a different community. Should we let that happen? Yes, but only if we're prepared to accept the fact that people will leave, and that not many people may arrive (and I don't think we're prepared to risk that just yet, that is why slowly working on our MC lineup as well as branching out to different games is the right choice to make).
The one and only issue with our MC servers isn't that they're broken or need much effort to keep up, it's the fact that people quickly get bored. RoF was doing well but at one point people started leaving because it all turned into a big grind-fest where the goal wasn't to have fun but instead to get scookies. I honestly don't know what happened to Kami since I stopped playing (and caring) very early on (I think it may be the raiding that drove people off, and the lack of people to be raided that drove the raiders off). But my point is the same and can be applied to every server -- something happens that makes the servers less attractive.

People don't play because of school/work -> other people don't play because the server gets less and less traffic -> when the working/studying people return, there is nobody on the servers anymore, so they don't play. I left in ~February because of school, only to return in ~June and see that everything has been abandoned.
Our #1 server is Create, and the #2 is the lobby.

• Agree
Reactions: Willchill

paceboys

Reaction score
A lot of people are saying ER should ditch MC ("bcoze MC is ded!1!!") and move onto other servers. This is wrong, and we know it, because a lot of the current members are still Minecraft players.
TIL (Today I Learned) 20 players makes a game 'alive', well jeez guys I guess the Cars 2 game for the gameboy color is alive maybe we should base the community on that?

The game's past its prime, moving on isn't a terrible idea. It's just not nearly as viable as other games.

EDIT: Woah hold on I didn't read past that point, are you high?
If you close down all the MC servers, you are going to alienate Minecraft users, and they will end up going to a different community.
Dude no one's here for the minecraft, our servers suck compared to all of the others. If you're here for minecraft you're here for create, or the SLIM potential that any new server would be good enough.
and that not many people may arrive
Minecraft doesn't attract NEARLY as many players as other potential games, and it's not like members are flowing in at the moment
I honestly don't know what happened to Kami since I stopped playing (and caring) very early on (I think it may be the raiding that drove people off, and the lack of people to be raided that drove the raiders off).
Rules were poor, it was a PvP server based in a clearly PvE community, we were forced into pre-made towns, people tried to make politics and drama and wasted everyones time, I could go on :1 it coulda been so much better
Our #1 server is Create, and the #2 is the lobby.
Keep create, ditch everything else, MAYBE make a good SMP server since it's pretty generic for a minecraft server, fairly low maintenance too, and then branch out to games that are still climbing, unlike minecraft which is on a massive decline.

JtTorso

Reaction score

I didn't mean to imply we should cut Minecraft as a whole, but rather that Minecraft shouldn't be our main focus.

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
TIL (Today I Learned) 20 players makes a game 'alive', well jeez guys I guess the Cars 2 game for the gameboy color is alive maybe we should base the community on that?
The millions of players playing Minecraft make it alive...

paceboys said:
The game's past its prime, moving on isn't a terrible idea. It's just not nearly as viable as other games.
Unsure what you are basing this notion that Minecraft is "past its prime" on. Just because you may not particularly have an interest in it anymore doesn't mean it still isn't growing.

paceboys said:
Dude no one's here for the minecraft, our servers suck compared to all of the others. If you're here for minecraft you're here for create, or the SLIM potential that any new server would be good enough.

Considering the fact that this entire community exists because of Minecraft, I would argue that point. Yes we may have added in other game servers but at the core of this community still is Minecraft. Doesn't mean the entire community has to be 100% focused on MC (as was pointed out previously), its just a good method to get people into the community. There is no doubt the MC server needs work but if it gets done it could kick-start the "restart" to the community.

paceboys said:
Minecraft doesn't attract NEARLY as many players as other potential games, and it's not like members are flowing in at the moment
Again I have no idea where you are getting this from.. Maybe not for this server are members flowing it but thats due to the basically null advertising and lackluster/un-maintained games. Minecraft itself is doing fine and even survived the 1.8/Microsoft "drama".

paceboys said:
Keep create, ditch everything else, MAYBE make a good SMP server since it's pretty generic for a minecraft server, fairly low maintenance too, and then branch out to games that are still climbing, unlike minecraft which is on a massive decline.

So ditch the unique and at this stage almost trademark RoF server for 2 generic servers which you can get everywhere? No. Unless there is a spin put on the SMP server then it won't fly. Why do you even want to ditch everything else? RoF and the SMP are okay, they just need a good bit of work to improve them. I don't see how downsizing is a good channel to go down in order to try increase our popularity.

Replies are in Bold.
Replying like this as I've no idea how to work around this quote format.

Mod-edit: There you go streamlines your responses with partitioned quotes

Last edited by a moderator:

paceboys

Reaction score
Replies are in Bold.
Replying like this as I've no idea how to work around this quote format.
Are you saying that minecraft is a vastly popular, continuously growing game, and is the main reason the majority of people are still in blocktopia? As well as that minecraft is a good game to use to continue to attempt to make our community grow? Minecraft's not the right game for this. Everyone's found their minecraft server, all of the ideas have been used, every popular server is advertised for, there's such a small market that a 'restarting' community can look for. Past that, our servers haven't been successful in quite some time now, and the chances of a fresh new server attracting a bunch of people are slim to none. Literally everything you said can be reversed, like 'Just because you like minecraft doesn't mean it's still growing' and 'I don't know why you think minecraft is the best most popular game for custom servers'.

Go back and reaid Aika 's posts. Everything said is completely correct. Minecraft isn't the game to rebuild this community.

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
Are you saying that minecraft is a vastly popular, continuously growing game, and is the main reason the majority of people are still in blocktopia? As well as that minecraft is a good game to use to continue to attempt to make our community grow? Minecraft's not the right game for this. Everyone's found their minecraft server, all of the ideas have been used, every popular server is advertised for, there's such a small market that a 'restarting' community can look for. Past that, our servers haven't been successful in quite some time now, and the chances of a fresh new server attracting a bunch of people are slim to none. Literally everything you said can be reversed, like 'Just because you like minecraft doesn't mean it's still growing' and 'I don't know why you think minecraft is the best most popular game for custom servers'.

Go back and reaid Aika 's posts. Everything said is completely correct. Minecraft isn't the game to rebuild this community.
Yes to the first two at least, I've no idea and can't assume why people are still in Blocktopia as it would vary person to person. For a lot of people I imagine habit/nostalgia plays a big part, that habit which started with the Minecraft server.

As regards the popularity of Minecraft, I think if you saw this years E3 (at which Minecraft was featured on stage) you would see it very clearly is still highly popular and the introduction of this new HoloLens will probably do nothing but increase its popularity. Microsoft wouldn't be investing or even had bought a company/game which they thought was going to die or was dying.

Minecraft is the perfect game to use to make the community grow. I've seen recent "new" servers constantly grow, in-fact one I helped setup (which is just a vanilla server) now has an average of 60 players daily which for a community is plenty. Other games are much more niched and way harder to break into their market than Minecraft. Minecraft appeals to people of all ages and from all walks of life (and due to its relatively low requirements, many people can play it) unlike previous games mentioned.

I'm not saying we should 100% focus on Minecraft and completely be a Minecraft community again (since people seem to be against that) but rather start off with Minecraft and build up. Heck, as was pointed out earlier you wouldn't even have to like Minecraft to still be a part of the community as the T.S is there to be used for all games... It just is an easier way to attract more people to the community, the gateway so to speak.

• Thank You
Reactions: 755someone755

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Honestly i dont care if you all want to try and resurrect the minecraft part of this community. Donations are low, playerbase for minecraft servers here are low, activity is low. If you all want to try and come up with some original idea and actually advertise it go ahead. But i can guarantee you, if you dont find a way to fund the server, it wont last. Donations wont keep the servers afloat, you will need microtransactions, you will need server rewards for voting, you will need to make a gamemode they wont get stale to players quickly. (Seriously, how many SMP based servers have we had so far.)

Minecraft has grown old and boring for a large portion of the community, a lot of us moved on after playing it since 2010 or so. We enjoy new things now, League of legends, PoE, Payday, terraria, TTT, csgo. Hop on TS and see how many people do this and still have a sense of community.

Yes the league community has this huge stigma of being the cancer of the community, but honestly we are probally the biggest tight-knit group on here. We have at least 10 of us on at all times. We dont all play the same game all the time, we dont all agree on everything, hell some of us even dont get along very well, but even without a single game, even without a community based server (TS doesnt count) we still have an extremely strong sense of community without a need for a game server.

I understand why a lot of you are so afraid of the community dieing, but honestly, the community is made up of the friendships and cliques inside of it, not the servers we host. We dont need servers to be a community. We dont need more people to join us. Just look around, find some friends, and just find some game, or some server to play on. The community is run by friendship and communication, and is not relient on specific servers to keep it alive

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
The community is run by friendship and communication, and is not relient on specific servers to keep it alive
So all that would be left would be the Forums and TS?
The goal is to bring people in, not to look at how the number of active members slowly decreases. I'm sorry but I just don't see how a group of "at least 10" people can bring an Internet community together and to life.

paceboys I'm not saying Minecraft has got to be our only (or main) focus. But a lot of people still hang around because of Minecraft.
Branch out, but at the same time improve the Minecraft server(s). Only close them if you have to, but only when the playerbase on the other game servers is high enough.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
So all that would be left would be the Forums and TS?
The goal is to bring people in, not to look at how the number of active members slowly decreases. I'm sorry but I just don't see how a group of "at least 10" people can bring an Internet community together and to life.

paceboys I'm not saying Minecraft has got to be our only (or main) focus. But a lot of people still hang around because of Minecraft.
Branch out, but at the same time improve the Minecraft server(s). Only close them if you have to, but only when the playerbase on the other game servers is high enough.
Or you know read my post and see how I said the league group maintained a sense of community for about 4-5 years now, even without playing one game specifically.

Maybe you should look around the friends you have now and enjoy your time with them instead of looking to pull new people into a server of our own.

I understand you want to expand the community, but why is there so much fear and reluctance to just leave it the way it is. Just talk to the friends you made on the servers and form a clique, or just join a room on ts and get to know people.

Just because ts cliques are big already doesn't mean more people can't join. Just don't try to take over the conversation and listen to us. Even if you are muted 24/7, just being in a room with other people does something.

• Thank You
Reactions: paceboys

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
Or you know read my post and see how I said the league group maintained a sense of community for about 4-5 years now, even without playing one game specifically.

Maybe you should look around the friends you have now and enjoy your time with them instead of looking to pull new people into a server of our own.

I understand you want to expand the community, but why is there so much fear and reluctance to just leave it the way it is. Just talk to the friends you made on the servers and form a clique, or just join a room on ts and get to know people.

Just because ts cliques are big already doesn't mean more people can't join. Just don't try to take over the conversation and listen to us. Even if you are muted 24/7, just being in a room with other people does something.
So you want just the forums and TS? No official EscRestart game servers? That's what I'm reading it as so correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally, I don't really like that idea. I think having a game server (wherever it is) that belong to the community is important and it would serve as a dedicated place to play. Without one everyone would be pretty much scattered..

I don't think there is fear to leave things as they are but realistically having new blood in the community is a good thing and we should promote that. Also the forums and TS will still need to be paid for so more members = greater chance of them staying up.

Joining a random TS server sounds all fine and dandy but typically the people in their would be gaming I assume and probably wouldn't appreciate some randomer trying to start a conversation with them. Not to mention that can be pretty intimidating for any new person whereas a Minecraft server is the perfect place to chat and get to know people as talking over text can be a lot easier for the majority of people.

Anyway unless there is enough people that agree with you I'd say game servers will continue to feature here.

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
I did read what you posted, and I replied to it. Don't see what you're trying to say.
My point is that a clique isn't a good idea if we want to keep existing.

Just talk to the friends you made on the servers and form a clique, or just join a room on ts and get to know people.
The people around me have mostly disappeared -- over half of the friends I had here (even a year ago) are now gone.
The way you described your League group makes it seem like you're out of touch with people outside of the clique, with your only contacts being within that clique (whether that's true or not, I don't know, that's how your presentation of it looks to me). Being muted and listening 24/7 isn't exactly what I'd call "getting to know people", I'd leave within 15 minutes of being ignored (as that's an obvious sign that I am not wanted).

And maybe read my own reply:
The goal is to bring people in, not to look at how the number of active members slowly decreases
Unless we do that, all you're going to have is a bunch of groups that "belong" to something bigger, but that "bigger" will long have died out.

EDIT: This is just a big shitfest. It's me and spiderman (sorry i cant spell it) vs inferno and pace, and since we started this "argument" we have come up with ~0 new and valid points.
4 people are not enough to debate the future of a beloved community, especially not if we continue the debate like this.

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Fair enough, but I strayed a bit from the point I originally wanted to make. Just make sure that whatever server you do make isn't something boring and static. Make sure it's something that can grow big and make revenue or it will die. Something like a jail server, factions, headhunters, etc. (directing this more towards upper staff than players)

• Agree
Reactions: froyd and Friendy

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Fair enough, but I strayed a bit from the point I originally wanted to make. Just make sure that whatever server you do make isn't something boring and static. Make sure it's something that can grow big and make revenue or it will die. Something like a jail server, factions, headhunters, etc.
(something to keep people entertained for a long time, create excitement which eventually leads to more people joining
and this isnt the first time this has been said in this thread)

Fatalis

Reaction score
Now, I've been here on and off for many years, from when it was TheOne's servers, up to now. I haven't been around over the past few months due to a few issues, from not having a computer, to simply being too busy between work and college.

I don't claim to know the entire story behind this topic, or any specifics within it, so I won't try to butt in where I don't know what's going on.

What I can say, though, is that the first step to fixing a problem is identifying that there is a problem. It can only get better from there.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Generally there are a few angles this can be approached from:

We can drop everything and become a Steam/Teamspeak/Forums community, which to the League community (though the general consensus is that we won't care either way) is basically how we've operated for 5 years straight, but would be new. This notion would be to finally kill the idea that we need to be a hosting empire like everyone suggests.

We can keep Minecraft and do 1 of 2 things, those being what I suggested earlier about becoming a top tier elite server, and number 2 being to take all those creative juices that we apparently have (?) and turn it into something successful. (With this one, I guess it's what we're going through with, considering the recent promotions and Nillbug's decree)

We can move to a different game but still host, this could include TF2, Starbound, TTT, etc. This one "alienates" the Minecraft "players" (all 4 of you) but is more accessible to the community that left because 6 or so years of Minecraft is utterly unbearable.

Now, lemme see if I can get some infographs in here, or at least some information on player stats

Here is the number for The Hive's minecraft community, which was the last server I had fun on and one of the ones that I know are high tier
http://hivemc.com/

This is a portion of an infograph for League of Legends, which was released last year, so obviously there's a few more people EDIT: This is slightly flawed, partially because it's old, partially because The Hive's is over 1 second and this is over 24 hours. Read the one's below for a better comparison
http://www.riotgames.com/articles/20121015/138/league-legends-growth-spells-bad-news-teemo

This is average amount of players shown on TF2 in the past 30 days EDIT: Just take that top number, this argument is flawed except for the first number "Playing 31 min. ago"
http://steamcharts.com/app/440

This is the average amount of players shown on CS:GO in the past 30 days EDIT: Read the number, "playing 34 min. ago" otherwise my argument is flawed due to unfair comparison.
http://steamcharts.com/app/730

Now, not most of these games are able to be server hosted (I worded that like shit but stay with me here), but it shows that there's SOME way to pull off Minecraft, but a lot of ways to pull off other games as well, maybe even better. Finally, this leads to my last point, there are a lot of people in this community, and a lot of people that have left, and of all of them there at this point are probably more that would rather not play Minecraft. We might be able to grab back at people that have left in search of other games if we expanded out from Minecraft and you would grab some people (probably the majority) already in the community.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The people around me have mostly disappeared -- over half of the friends I had here (even a year ago) are now gone.
The way you described your League group makes it seem like you're out of touch with people outside of the clique, with your only contacts being within that clique (whether that's true or not, I don't know, that's how your presentation of it looks to me). Being muted and listening 24/7 isn't exactly what I'd call "getting to know people", I'd leave within 15 minutes of being ignored (as that's an obvious sign that I am not wanted).
One thing I want to touch on here, because I've seen a lot of people sortof misconstrue exactly how they can communicate with our "hard to reach" inner circle but here's the bottom line. We have not over history accepted everyone. Sometimes it was more of a defense against people purposefully trying to aggravate us, and sometimes it was an absolute necessity, but what you have to understand is that we've all known each other for a very long amount of years. Naturally, it'll take a little bit to get used to use and for us to get used to you, but as long as you share SOME interests with us (Payday 2, League of Legends, L4d2, CS:GO), we can probably make it work. But it does take time, a lot longer than most people expect, and we can not accommodate every person that raises their voice above our usual din. The reason you often see the suggestion to drop the servers from the League group (Iguana, Sploorky, myself) is that we have functioned our tiny community literally just because we're all friends so we know it can work to some level

And one other thing about this, when we seem out of touch, it isn't all of us. Some don't care, some do. I continue to participate in discussions about community direction because the community basically helped me find this League group which I would give back for. I can't speak for everyone, I just know more or less what they might be thinking

Last edited:

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I still think CS:GO deathrun would be a perfect server, similar to what RoF is right now (mainly based on a community and playing a relaxed game).

Reactions: Vino

Terre936

Reaction score
Ok, this will probably coin some eye-rolls and sound overly repetitive, but I beg you, bring back AoD.

I think that getting AoD back has to do more with the actual developers of the server than yelling at the server admins, and I don't know who to talk to. I unfortunately can't do anything about developing and coding, but honestly, the ideas for AoD 2.0 were great and I will lead the way to get it back into our servers if I have to. I didn't realize how much it meant to me when it was still there, but I've lost most of my interest in minecraft and I will still come back for AoD.

I'd love to talk to the devs and/or admins about getting AoD back and I'll definitely help, but please bring it back i love it so (also sorry for the shitty post idk if this was confusing or not but I'm a bit tired)
I'd come back too and I'm sure others would too

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I like how the "League" group are trying to decide what's best for the community when they made a community of their own excluding anyone who isn't a part of their group. Why should we drop what we want to make a few people happy, rather than do what is best for the community. There are more people who want to see previous servers back or still want to play Minecraft here than there is of you guys, and not to mention the players who play our servers who haven't signed up on here so a poll would be irrelevant, not every here can adapt to the other games, or may not enjoy them so why should they, we, or even myself have to adapt for your needs? We shouldn't.

Nobody suggests these branches out to other games may never happen, just rather that we focus on Minecraft for the time being, rather than bitching and creating a load of shit, if you don't play minecraft, then you can all stay in touch through teamspeak and/or skype, whatever, but it doesn't mean you have to take a say in what goes with the minecraft servers, especially as a lot of you are so negative towards anyone who suggests otherwise.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
I like how the "League" group are trying to decide what's best for the community when they made a community of their own excluding anyone who isn't a part of their group. Why should we drop what we want to make a few people happy, rather than do what is best for the community. There are more people who want to see previous servers back or still want to play Minecraft here than there is of you guys, and not to mention the players who play our servers who haven't signed up on here so a poll would be irrelevant, not every here can adapt to the other games, or may not enjoy them so why should they, we, or even myself have to adapt for your needs? We shouldn't.

Nobody suggests these branches out to other games may never happen, just rather that we focus on Minecraft for the time being, rather than bitching and creating a load of shit, if you don't play minecraft, then you can all stay in touch through teamspeak and/or skype, whatever, but it doesn't mean you have to take a say in what goes with the minecraft servers, especially as a lot of you are so negative towards anyone who suggests otherwise.
Let's get some things straight:

1) You generalize the League group through the posts of like 3 of them in which they totally share the same opinion due to the shitposting hivemind KappaHD
2) We as a whole are being bashed for the actions of like 3 users
3) We as a whole are being bashed for providing our own views and suggestions as to what to do with the community? wtf

A few of us are suggesting our ideas because we're looking at the bigger picture. If we want to put up like 3 Minecraft servers and maybe get a whole 3 new users in the span of the month then is the money put into the servers really worth it for the community as a whole? Most of the "league community" were ex-staff so we aren't totally unhinged from the community yet. Of course, we'd love to see this place thrive, but as it stands from an economic standpoint, it doesn't seem possible to sustain the servers. Of course we have a say what goes into the Minecraft servers, because the Minecraft servers are run on the same community that the Teamspeak and forums are, both services which we use. All the servers draw their resources from the same pool, we all drink from the same fountain. You're generalizing the "negative attitude" of 3 users to blanket the entirety of a group and then saying that their opinions and legitimate concerns are negated. It's like generalizing all black people as gangsters and thugs, or all CIS white males as shitlords who want to rape women. Makes 110% sense