Voting Rewards

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Sometimes I see the Minestatus voting link (https://minestatus.net/62384-rituals-of-fire-lava-survival) in RoF and I usually click on it and vote. What really confuses me is that the registered votes on there is quite low during the times that I've seen it. Right now there are 4 votes-- and I'm certain that 2 of those are mine. The confusion comes from seeing a lot of players in the RoF server, but a low amount of votes in that link. I just vote because really, it's right there and that human verification test is great to know if you're human or not...

First, is the Minestatus link still necessary? Are you guys still using it and waiting for something to happen from it? Or did you guys completely forget that there was a voting link?

Second, would it be possible to include a reward for voting on there? I was thinking that a certain amount of cookies would suffice. Maybe the amount would be dependent on the rank? If that's complex, then how about a stack of blocks that are good for Angry rounds?

I'm sure that we could all list a few good rewards, but I guess the real question is whether that voting link should still be there and if there should be rewards for voting.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: Friendy and Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Ummm no one even remembered, thats it here.

Also it should be community suggestion as all servers are in lobby.

What about making it reward players for voting on most of servers?
RoF - 100 cookies
AoD - 100 brains (should be souls after infection gets released)
Infection - 100 brains
DoD - 100 topians
A+T - cake
BB - diamond (vanity reward)

Last edited:
W

Wimali

First, is the Minestatus link still necessary? Are you guys still using it and waiting for something to happen from it? Or did you guys completely forget that there was a voting link?
August 4, 2014:
[05:17:33] [Primarch] Ogarci: why is the minestatus tip there
[05:17:36] [Primarch] Ogarci: someone remove that please

I'm assuming they won't be doing anything with it. I'm also pretty sure one of the high staff said something along the lines of "we want people to vote because they want to, not for a reward". I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, I suggested this a few weeks after it was added (in-game) but it was denied because of the reason I mentioned. I still think it should get added though.

Y

YouWould

Hmm... Shouldn't people vote if they want to and not be bribed?

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I definitely think this should be added because although players should vote if they wanted to I'm not entirely sure it is being advertised anymore so players aren't voting because they do not know about it.. I'm sure players would vote as often as they could if it was advertised on the server more often, however an incentive would definitely boost the votes.

Sure the staff may not agree with it, but to increase the servers popularity would be a very good thing as the new players might join the other servers and realise how good the community is; infact why isn't a minestatus page made for the Lobby, that way every server can be included in the page and every player that plays each server can vote on the minestatus page for the Lobby which will most definitely boost player activity on the servers which I've noticed, is something Blocktopia needs.

Just my two cents, I really think a Lobby page should be made.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Something I've been thinking for a while: why don't we make a rewards system for the lobby? A lot of communities have pets or trails and stuff for their donors. Why don't we implement a similar idea to our lobby on a points system? I suspect most people might be against giving perks to donators, so I'll say we could avoid giving them points for donating (even though they really do deserve the points) we could use this system to reward players who vote or do other things to help support our server. I know rewards systems have been suggested in the past and shot down for good reasons I feel a lobby based system could work well because it isn't in any specific server so people shouldn't feel like it is something they absolutely need to play the game, and it's entirely devoid of any actual gameplay alterations, Since it cannot alter the economies of any server people won't feel left out.

W

Wimali

Something I've been thinking for a while: why don't we make a rewards system for the lobby? A lot of communities have pets or trails and stuff for their donors. Why don't we implement a similar idea to our lobby on a points system? I suspect most people might be against giving perks to donators, so I'll say we could avoid giving them points for donating (even though they really do deserve the points) we could use this system to reward players who vote or do other things to help support our server. I know rewards systems have been suggested in the past and shot down for good reasons I feel a lobby based system could work well because it isn't in any specific server so people shouldn't feel like it is something they absolutely need to play the game, and it's entirely devoid of any actual gameplay alterations, Since it cannot alter the economies of any server people won't feel left out.
Giving perks to donators is against Minecraft's EULA.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Giving perks to donators is against Minecraft's EULA.
not where those items are cosmetic.

"You are allowed to sell in-game items so long as they don’t affect gameplay
We don’t mind you selling items in game, but they must be purely cosmetic. Pets, hats, and particle effects are OK, but swords, invincibility potions, and man-eating pigs are not. We want all players to be presented with the same gameplay features, whether they decide to pay or not."

https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Buycraft/Ejiin have teethin security issues concering payouts/payment, from a purely technical standpoint would like to avoid using those.

I do like the idea of lobby only rewards thougj - but be honest: How much time do you spend in the lobby?

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Buycraft/Ejiin have teethin security issues concering payouts/payment, from a purely technical standpoint would like to avoid using those.

I do like the idea of lobby only rewards thougj - but be honest: How much time do you spend in the lobby?
2 hours when waiting for server opening or when it several minutes when it finishes restaring XD