Viszontlátásra!

Sploorky

Reaction score
Christ, Marnixxie, you're awesome. You are like THE person to talk to when you're unsure of something, if something is bugging you, whatever. You've completely blown me away on how great you've done a job, how down to earth and genuine you've been. Hanging out with you on irc has been such a pleasure. You're a role model to me and the community, and I'm even more glad you're a friend. I can't stress enough how much I'm glad to have known you. Thanks for buying me minecraft, and thanks for...well, everything.

LOL MARNIXXIE

• Thank You
  • Agree
Reactions: Marnixxie and ealev
D

DarkHender

OMG CUTEST HIPPPO EVVVEEER. Good luck in hungary Marn!

But for real. We've fought and yelled at eachother, been annoyed but still came out friends.
You helped me a lot and I hope I've at least helped you in some way.
Thank you so much Marnix, look luck in life and you were a wonderful singer/director!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I will miss you, you've certainly helped me a lot and that can not repaid! I know you've done more for this community than anyone knows and you will admit, and we as a community can't repay you for any of it. Good luck in future endeavors with your lovely woman and job in Hungary!

I'll save you the emotional crap, because we're staying in touch to LOL together, but I will leave you with my initial reaction to this thread:

[17:17] <Barny> LOL

Reactions: asaechao
Reaction score
Website
souncloud.com
The contributions you've made to the community are massive. It very sobering to see you resign, you've been around for so long. I'll never forget the fun and akward times on Erik's Server. I wish you the best for your new job, rekindled love, and best of opportunities.
Farewell for now Majestic Hippo.

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
I heard hints of it coming, but I forgot it would actually happen.

Marnixxie, you're amazing. You're such an inspiration to the other staff and me, and you're a good friend to lots from what I can tell, since I haven't been able to talk to you much. Whenever you were around, though, you were fun and cool person, and I can understand why you're resigning. You've made a lot of amazing contributions to this community, and me, and all the other staff, appreciate all the work you've done for the servers. Good luck in real life, and I hope you can return to us someday, and then I could get to know you more no I'm kidding get in the torture room.

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
You were a fantastic Director! =D I hope your job(s) go(es) well, especially that one in Hungary! =p Looking forward to seeing you around the server (and you need to come on ZS, like you did today. ;))

See ya! =D

copycat16

the lava god follower
Reaction score
You have always been a amazing person, my fellow lava op buddy. You been staff for so long i cant think of not seeing you as staff anymore lol. Either lava,zombie,tnt or smp op and then director for JTE WOW. Good luck in your future plans and hope too see you from time to time MEOWWWW.

Reactions: Undefined User 7

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
Good-bye, Hippo. To keep it short and sweet, you were an awesome TNT staff member, not to mention an awesome TNTer (those grenades...). I can't thank you enough for helping me become a better staff member way back when.

I hope to see you on PTNT sometime.

LOL.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But but but, :cry:
The good times we shared will never be forgotten, as maybe few as they are compared to others. I think one thing I'll never forget though is this-
and this-
LOL Marnixxie

On a more serious note though, you were a great director and I feel we were good friends too, its sad to see you leave and I hope one day you are able to make a return. I always looked up to and respected your judgement as well as your thoughts, I wish you the best of luck with both your work, your partner and your life in general and I'm sure one day you will be back to share more lol's with everyone. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Marnixxie

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Take care Marnixxie, you have come a long way since first joining the community. And you have made a difference to this place.
It was you getting controller on SMP which finally forced me to give it a proper chance so thank you for that. Planning Elysium with you was a great experience, and I am glad it came into fruition so successfully.

I can tell you I don't know whether your job will be for you... but what I do know is that you have a very particular set of skills. Skills you have acquired over a very long career staffing in Blocktopia. Skills that make you a nightmare for people who have to fire workers.

It has been good fun talking to you over the years, and I'm sure it will continue!

So this isn't goodbye, just a chance for me to say thank you for your time staffing here!

LetterP

The 16th
Reaction score
I will never forget you Marnixxie. You had such a big impact on my time in Blocktopia. It has been such a pleasure staffing with you, talking with you. I hope we can still talk on Steam or something....
PS I shed a not-so-manly tear while writing this.... maaan the moments we've had...

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Thank you for all work that you did, since you were Lava Operator... Trough Zombie and TNT.... Helping Gaia on Primordia... Turning ugly frog that was SMP 4 into almighty prince - Elysium.
You were greatest staff member since I joined Blocktopia.
We will miss you, Marnixxie the Holy Hippo.

MacTarvish

Reaction score
Marn, I remember the first time we met. I was quite a fresh trusted back then, i went on the tnt irc looking for someone and ended up arguing with you. (I know I've apologized for it before, but hey SORRY :C) Straight after that i approached you and we talked for a little while, little did you know that, THAT talk impacted me a lot. It's hard to express how your words can literally change a persons heart. Even if we dont always see eye to eye, you were someone anyone could go to talk to for anything and i will never forget that. Thank you for your time and effort on blocktopia, they will never ever ever ever ever ever ever be forgotten. You will be missed and i wish you luck on any of your future endeavors. :D Cheers to you marnixxie, the grandest hippo