Viszontlátásra!

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
After a long while, I am glad to announce my resignation. It has been a good run with a lot of experiences.

Funnily enough, without Stieben introducing me to Minecraft, no one here would have ever known about my name nor existance. After a while we discovered this community and enjoyed ourselves on any classic server. In return of our joy we started to aim for a staff role within the community, and look where it brought both Stieben and myself. Even though I am sure that Stieben after so long still will enjoy himself at the new TNT server, I will now enjoy myself without the stress of directing servers.

When I am at telling stories, it is also a fun coincidence that I have ever became the hippo I am known as in this community. Once I ever won a staff contest of staff that don't own full minecraft, One_Survivor offered me to make a skin. The skin I was walking in as of then, was just a stupid villager, seeing that I had no idea what I was doing. The skin I asked for was a hippy, but as per usual I got misunderstood and he made me a hippo instead. No questions asked, love at first sight.

Now as some know, I have fallen in love with a beautiful woman. We met each other at our job interview a long 3 years ago. By accident got in touch with each other at our trip back home 4 months ago. Now we are one of the most happiest people we could imagine with each other, and hopefully I could say that till forever.

Currently, I am dealing with 3 jobs and one of them will take place from the 28th of June in Hungary. I want to spend more time with my family, my woman and concentrate on my jobs. Without in need of a forecast, you can assume that resigning from a responsible position is the only appropiate thing to do.

Like I said at the start of this announcement, it has been a good run and I am sure that Qube and the rest of the Elysium staff will treat you and the server well. And of course, there are a lot of people that would deserve a thank you, but any person here should be thanked. Without any of you, I would not have had a fantastic time here nor being in need to be held responsible for a server.

I wish you all a good time here, and hopefully this can help you whenever you are in need of me.

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
WHAT
NO
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS ;-;

In all seriousness, Marnixxie, you've been a great friend from the very start. We've had good laughs on Skype and Teamspeak, and even though I haven't spoken to you on that level recently, you've been doing an AMAZING job at JtE director. You are a wonderful person, and I am sure you will do well with your jobs. Take care, hippo <3

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
It didn't happen much, but whenever I had a question, I would turn to you. You were, in a way, a role model. You were friendly, and at the same time a great staff member. I really hope you are not leaving the community altogether.
If so, one last lol.
LOL
Bye, marn. :c

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Marny... the things you brought to this community was pure joy. Zombie, Lava, TNT, Primordia, the SMPs, Elysium and on the forums you just was this spark that would never go out. I am so happy I was able to properly work as a staff on the server you directed before you resigned and get to know you better. It is saddening that you must leave us after all you've done yet I'm also happy you're being offered this job. Whether it be you drunk or normal you were always a cool guy to be around and caused no (well, barely any xP) distress at all. Everyone heard about this but it's unfortunate you must leave so soon - at least you're not resigning EXACTLY ONE WEEK BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY NOW >:C. I admire you've chosen to spend more time with family and friends than staying glued to this as it's those people who can make a difference in the real world. May you have a happy time in Hungary and still be happy up until then. I'm sure Qube will do a fine job running Elysium without you, and I hope you stay in touch with Stieb c:.

May you live long, hippo, and goodbye. (oh snap I used so many n's even though cows aren't supposed to)

Reactions: LizzzyxD

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I've known you for a long while now, and it was a great pleasure. You've always been there for me and I thank you for that. I remember stalking you on zombies because I was a nub and you sounded awesome =3. And you have grown to a great director since then. And I'm sure you will live a good life!

Not sure if you are leaving or just resigning. Atleast I hope you will stay at the forums.
Ily <3

[Yes it looks like an elephant but it is a hippo!]

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
But we'll miss you, don't go ;-;
Don't think you're going that easily, hippo.
Marny, you silly hippo. You were a great friend, probably among everyone, you were so fun and spectacular to hang around. Those fun moments we had together on Lava will be even more cherished! You were did an amazing job supporting Blocktopia and its servers (especially with JtE), you will surely be missed. But now it's time to say see ya! For you have a greater journey to take. We all would like to wish you good luck in life! Make sure to visit! c:​

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
My word, even though I've known this was coming for quite a while, it still makes me sad to see you go. We've only become friends relatively recently, but it really has been an amazing laugh being around you Marnix.

I have lost count of the number of times we have LOL'd together. No. Seriously. I searched for the keyword lol in my IRC logs and got 6900 results. It is ridiculous.

[05:20.03] <@Marnixxie> LOL BAKER
[10:06.25] <@Marn> Lol
[10:06.25] <@Marn> Lol
[09:49.49] <@Marn> LOL
[10:06.36] <@Marn> lol
[09:49.49] <@Marn> LOL
[10:06.36] <@Marn> lol
[09:50.56] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[09:50.56] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[09:22.56] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[09:35.11] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[09:22.56] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[09:35.11] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[11:52.42] <@Marnixxie> LOL QUBE
[11:54.00] <@Marnixxie> LOLOL
[11:56.36] <@Marnixxie> YOU CANT RESIST ANYWAYS LOL
[07:36.45] <@Marnixxie> I WILL DO IT ANYWAYS LOL
[07:48.24] <@Marnixxie> lol
[08:02.51] <@Marnixxie> LOL
[08:05.43] <@Marnixxie> Oh lol
[05:14.37] <@Marn> LOL
[05:23.52] <@Marn> LOL
[05:49.55] <@Marn> HEY LOL
[10:06.02] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[10:22.57] <@Marn> I lol'd
[05:25.44] <@Marnixxie> LOL
[05:47.10] <@Marnixxie> LOL
[06:51.12] <@Marnixxie> LOL QUBE
[07:16.13] <@Marnixxie> LOL
[08:02.15] <@Marnixxie> Lol Qube
[10:06.02] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[10:22.57] <@Marn> I lol'd
[04:30.16] <@Marnixxie> LOL
[04:30.16] <@Marnixxie> LOL
[11:39.36] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[02:08.38] <@Marnixxie> LOL
[04:13.13] <@Marn> LOL QUBE
[04:13.14] <@Marn> LOL BAKER93
[04:13.17] <@Marn> LOL KINGSAM
[04:40.21] <@Marn> Lol
[05:35.16] <@Marnixxie> Trolololo
[06:54.04] <@Marn> LOL
[11:39.36] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[04:29.45] <@Marnixxie> LOL
[05:19.50] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[07:33.33] <@Marnixxie> Lol
[07:35.24] <@Marnixxie> lol
[07:52.11] <@Marnixxie> What lol?
[07:56.31] <@Marnixxie> LOL BAKER93
[08:11.00] <@Marnixxie> LOL QUBE

Helping you build Elysium up all the way from just a crazy idea was great fun, even if I was your plugin testing slave (Although revenge was had once Punishmental entered the picture!)

Looking slightly farther back, your energy, enthusiasm and uhh....Dutch-ness was shown through your alchohol fueled SMP party

You are somewhat...unorthadox, but I think that is what gave you such a unique character. Don't worry, I will spare people the pages upon pages of *CENSORED*.

I know you'll still be hopping in on us for a while longer, so it isn't a complete goodbye by any means, but..

IF YOU SQUINT YOUR EYES IT LOOKS LIKE A HIPPO K

Stay awesome, you tricksy Dutchman! And remember, you always have my email ;) (But pls no *CENSORED* LOL spam) (Ok fine then. A little bit of spam :( )

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
I can say I'm quite surprised, but at the same time happy for what's ahead of you in life and I hope that you will prosper in everything you're hoping to do. I had a nice time whenever you were around so I expect you to come around to visit us every now and then. c:

Good luck in life, Marnixxie! :D

Eeveon

Reaction score
Wow, did not see this coming at all. While I'm not good at goodbyes at all, it's still sad to see my first TNT reference go. You were a amazing staff when I did see you. (timezones, argh)

But anyways, sounds like have your work cut out for you in your life and I wish you the best of luck. Don't forget to come back and visit if you can!

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
You kind of...ruined my day Marn. I'm sorry to see you go, your resignation is a huge blow to all of us. Not only have we lost an adept director, but we have also lost a great person. Best of luck in real life Marn.

• Agree
Reactions: mariosatr

Mccuish

The Canadian Nightmare
Contributor
Reaction score
Well marn its suck that your leaving blocktopia cause you were 1 of my first references when i went for tnt trusted :D so good luck with your job and i hope you come back and visit us :D

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I remember the first time a met you, as I recall you were a SMP VetOp helping me out with a grief to steal in my house, unfortunately at that time I happened to think you were a girl (don't ask me why) so my first encounter with you went rather awkwardly. Since then I've had a huge enjoyment of staffing under you, you always were rather understanding (even when I fouled up terribly). I'm sure lots of people agree with me when I say you always seemed to brighten up the server with your humor and friendliness. You'll be missed a great deal! Good luck in life Marn!

Reactions: LizzzyxD

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
It has been a blast with you in this community. Partially thanks to you, I am who I am. The things you said to me and the conversations we had, made me change. To me, you were an amazing friend that I will never forget. You were sorta my "boss" but we had an amazing time. Pointless conversations in Skype, just repeating the same word over and and over, I have got to many great memories of you to put them all here.

Back in 2011 I remember I was sort of afraid of you, you were this big scary staffmember on TNT and I was a normal player. But later on you have been a real friend to me. When I finally got premium, you were already a SMP controller and shortly after, you started: Project Sexy (Elyium). After my second apply for Trusted on Elysium I got accepted and the times that we staffed together (not many sadly) were awesome. You got my Skype and I will be happy to hear from you ones in a while, to hear how you're holding up. I know you will do great at your new job and hope you and your lady have a happy life,
Have fun in life Marnix
Van je goede vriend,
Michael.

• Love
Reactions: Stieben

tnm

Reaction score
Sad to se you resign, and from the small amount I chatted with you, you seemed like a brilliant HC. I remember you mentioning this a week go, but didnt realise you'd be resigning so soon. You've ben a masive help to the comunity, and helped me many times.
*waves*

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Sorry, this is not June. Denied until then.

On a more serious note:

Wow. So you're not glued to Blocktopia? :confused: You've really done a lot during your time here, getting name banned as a new player to Director of JtE. I started learning from you the moment I met you. Literally. I was just a poor little noob joining [Blocktopia] TNT Wars for the first time and even after taking the tutorial, I still had to ask you, [Op] Marnixxie, for help on Snowed-In. Which was the first time I assumed you were a female. :'] (The next time was after when you were on IRC and I had no idea what IRC was so I thought you were demoted.) You contributed to me applying when I did and gave me confidence as a Trusted, then as Operator and VetOp following. I won't forget our many chats on IRC (can't forget since they're logged), we truly had a lot of laughs and good talks. The advice you gave me all those times are still applicable now and I have always looked up to you since. Now go use all those amazing qualities you have in real life and go be awesome somewhere else! Thank you for everything.

I was going to say more but apparently I am not allowed to write an essay?
Bye for now and I wish you all the luck with your future.
Hugs for the hippo.

P.S. I still have that post card.

Reactions: 123 and EggNog

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
My gosh Marn, you've been a awesome member of this community for a loooooooong time. I still remember when I first started playing SMP a lot, being that nub that if I remember right you gave me the warning to for setting traps near Luck? x) I've had a wonderful time staffing along side you and with you as my boss for... Good lord, how many months now? Thank you for all the opportunity's you have given me, and may the legend of the hippo live long forever!

Jinks.