Unusable after round rewards...

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
Have you ever had a round where you have mown through 9 or so hunters???
Plenty of us have however There is a problem with some of the after round rewards...

Eg You build a tower with 3 or so friends... In the end you manage about 6 kills
You think "Oh goodie I'm going to get something good for the next round"
Then It gives you 64 wool and you think"Hmm not the most useful thing well I could use it for a bridge"

Then the map is let's say clockwork
You go through the portal and find out that you can't place your wool
Or you get given an Iron chest plate "Yeah man"
Then it tells you the map is Deadhouse gates
See In some cases with your after round rewards they don't work with the next map...
Could you add something into the programming to make it correspond with the next map or the maps that are being voted for

Sorry for being so long :p

Reaction score
This seems like a nice idea. At the very least it would remove the completely useless for that round items, which is always good.

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
I got a gold disc...
What was I going to do with it? Play mood music

And it was a tag map so it might not even be able to be used

Hmm well it was only 1 kill but I think I should get a wooden sword for that

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Or they could add in items that would be more useful, such as potions, swords, pickaxes and axes.. or even misc items such as music discs and shears.

• Agree
Reactions: SirComputer

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
  • Sad
Reactions: Jivvi

froyd

Reaction score
I seem to remember that the percent chance of getting a reward is one of the inputs of a map's configuration file, so maybe mapmakers could be given the ability to choose what rewards can be given in their map. this would allow a mapmaker who has given all the survivors iron swords to have more useful reward items.

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
If you break it with a pickaxe(I think) It becomes a stream of water.
And yes it can cool your soda (soft drink to us Aussies) with it.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
I would love to see this as a map option, where the map created could add 10-15 times randomly for the map.
Wish granted!

I will add in the ability to set a 'pot' that can be picked from per level, if it's not defined you'll get one of the random items from the standard pot, which despite what people say, are ALL AWESOME and VERY USEFUL.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I would love to see this as a map option, where the map created could add 10-15 times randomly for the map.
Wish granted!

I will add in the ability to set a 'pot' that can be picked from per level, if it's not defined you'll get one of the random items from the standard pot, which despite what people say, are ALL AWESOME and VERY USEFUL.
Mhm, especially the ice :3

Anyways, YAYAYAYAY <3

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I have always seen it more as a fun thing (coming from a person who always got raw fish or a dead shrub or something) than a true advantage. I find it rather silly that some people are stronger before the round has even started. I find the way it works now rather nice, it only very rarely gives anything useful, else it would just be an unfair advantage for them.

• Agree
Reactions: zezmi

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I have always seen it more as a fun thing (coming from a person who always got raw fish or a dead shrub or something) than a true advantage. I find it rather silly that some people are stronger before the round has even started. I find the way it works now rather nice, it only very rarely gives anything useful, else it would just be an unfair advantage for them.
I agree, if some OP PvPer is OP BEFORE the round even starts, it's not as fun for the other people.