Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers - Game Complete

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
If he was suspicious of vy beforehand then sure I'd agree

but he wasn't so it feels like they decided in mafia chat 'Dess, you need to push on me tomorrow'

His explanation about seeing molten die makes sense but idk if I buy it, just felt very strange to instantly start with questioning vy
My feeling of Vy being town was guts at the time, the last time I addressed it I mentioned that I wasn't caught up with the thread. During the night I reread it and that post in particular stuck out to me like a sore thumb, it doesn't sound right.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
btw Infected_alien8_ I sincerely apologise for doubting you about omni, which also means I'm probably wrong about purple because she lacks the brain cells to try to lynch fellow mafia meaning she's townie

So with that in mind,

vote purple
Why don't we lynch the person who has a 100% chance of being Mafia if the cop-dial theory is true (which so far it's been for you/omni and purple/dess if you believe dess)

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
—— Voting Recap ——
Deadline: 6 April 2019 UTC 22:00.

Vyryn - 2 (Nottykitten, Infected_Alien8_) [L-5]
Purplepixies - 1 (Aqua) [L-6]
TehBrian - 1 (Stranger from Planet 9) [L-6]

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch and 6 votes to no-lynch.

If no option reaches the required number of votes when a deadline hits, the day will end as a no-lynch.

Vyryn

Reaction score
I do not have at all the same role as Molten, I'm not the hour hand, and I'm really not sure where they were going with the angels... Or the role name...
I definitely get the feeling that Notty and Inffy are "trying to take me out" perhaps because I'm pretty much the only person who's scumread Notty. Recall that both Notty and Inffy voted me early yesterday and discreetly tried to pull votes off Omni. Inffy was originally in favor of an Omni lynch and Notty was against it, but when it came to actually lynching Omni, both Inffy and Notty were discreetly against it all of yesterday.

I think Notty is a pretty good lynch. They (He?) were closely connected to Omni in my eyes and though I'm still unsure about Inffy, Notty has been scummy all along. Of course, I can see that it doesn't help my impartiality that Notty hasn't stopped pointing a finger at me this whole game.

Honestly I did it for fun

Now I don't want to bring up the cop-dial theory again... except I do.

It was red when it was pointing at Vyryn and Notme(Town'd by Dess).
It was red when it was pointing at Aqua and Omni(MAFIA).
And now its green when its pointing at Purple(Town'd by dess) and Dess(likely town).

So it was red when we know atleast one of the two was Mafia. It is now green when it has two likely towns. If it were a cop-dial, then that would essentially mean Vyryn is Mafia. This is in my opinion strengthened by his tunneling and his claimed duality role with Molten (who was town). I'm a decent believer in Mafia/Town role pairs and it would make a lot of sense the Mafia get to control one hand of the cop-dial.

Vote Vyryn
One important thing to note about the cop dial theory is that Purple softclaimed third party able to win with town yesterday.

I'll do a quick review of potential lynches for today.
If we lynch Dess, we can confirm Purple and Notme. Purple softclaimed third party but Dess read her as town aligned, so this one is definitely interesting. But on the other hand Dess's claim had a "too audacious to be made up" feel to it.

If we lynch Notty, we get a lot of information on Inffy, Dess and Aqua. We also take out someone who seems decently likely to be anti-town and who is quite a strong player.

Lynching TehBrian seems silly. He's barely playing this game and he had a believable townie claim.

Lynching purple also seems silly. She's very unlikely to be mafia at this point and aside from the obvious affiliation with Inffy, we don't get much information about anyone else from lynching her.

Lynching Inffy still seems like too much of a toss up. He seems fairly townie.

So I see two fairly good options here, Dess or Notty. Notty has it out for me personally, so I'm going with Notty.

Vote Notty

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I do not have at all the same role as Molten, I'm not the hour hand, and I'm really not sure where they were going with the angels... Or the role name...
I definitely get the feeling that Notty and Inffy are "trying to take me out" perhaps because I'm pretty much the only person who's scumread Notty. Recall that both Notty and Inffy voted me early yesterday and discreetly tried to pull votes off Omni. Inffy was originally in favor of an Omni lynch and Notty was against it, but when it came to actually lynching Omni, both Inffy and Notty were discreetly against it all of yesterday.

I think Notty is a pretty good lynch. They (He?) were closely connected to Omni in my eyes and though I'm still unsure about Inffy, Notty has been scummy all along. Of course, I can see that it doesn't help my impartiality that Notty hasn't stopped pointing a finger at me this whole game.

One important thing to note about the cop dial theory is that Purple softclaimed third party able to win with town yesterday.

I'll do a quick review of potential lynches for today.
If we lynch Dess, we can confirm Purple and Notme. Purple softclaimed third party but Dess read her as town aligned, so this one is definitely interesting. But on the other hand Dess's claim had a "too audacious to be made up" feel to it.

If we lynch Notty, we get a lot of information on Inffy, Dess and Aqua. We also take out someone who seems decently likely to be anti-town and who is quite a strong player.

Lynching TehBrian seems silly. He's barely playing this game and he had a believable townie claim.

Lynching purple also seems silly. She's very unlikely to be mafia at this point and aside from the obvious affiliation with Inffy, we don't get much information about anyone else from lynching her.

Lynching Inffy still seems like too much of a toss up. He seems fairly townie.

So I see two fairly good options here, Dess or Notty. Notty has it out for me personally, so I'm going with Notty.

Vote Notty
Inffy, Inffy, Inffy, Inffy... If your mafia this makes perfect sense, but if not then surely you must remember last game we played, where you misread me in all the same ways? If not, I'm genuinely disappointed in you.

Anyways, I guess I'd better address this steam, again, before it gets out of hand.
The overarching theme here is that I don't place much stock in reads if there's any scrap of hard evidence that can make up my mind for me.
My vibe on Dess was moderate townread, and there's no point in attempting to better understand it now because it was just vibes. But it doesn't matter any more; Dess gave a fairly convincing claim. Of course, if you're scum it casts doubt on his claim, but beside some vague tinglies there's nothing to indicate you are, yet.

Purple felt and still feels very townie to me. Whoopee friggin do, we have similar reads.

Notty is suspicious not for disagreeing with you (my, you're pretty self-centered aren't ya?) but rather for not being swayed in the slightest by any of the alternative clock face possibilities offered. Notty remains, as far as I can see, far too convinced that the clock is a cop despite mounting evidence that it gives an effect (blue seems to roleblock both players it points to) and, perhaps more importantly, Notty's color conjectures offered with no reasoning at all beyond things like "red seems like an aggressive color" appeared to be trying way too hard.

Why would I vote for Notty? Like Kroppeb, it's a lynch that I don't have enough evidence or sway to make happen at this point.

Kroppeb? Oh look, I just answered that one. I don't have enough evidence or sway to make a Kroppeb lynch happen at this point. But my reasoning should be pretty clear. We know TehBrian claimed to put his reflection up in front of Inffy. I think Inffy, assuming he's town, would be the most likely n0 target for the mafia. Using how the reflections apparently work, if Inffy was targeted and had a reflector, it must have come from Kroppeb.

Push on Omni? Why would I object to a lynch of Omni? As I said above, I don't think I can get a Notty or Kroppeb lynch to happen, but Omni makes sense as someone I scumread before and continue to scumread.

Said I'm trying to be on your good side? Not at all, don't twist my words like that. I said that I didn't want to go after Inffy without solid evidence beyond just a read, because of how badly that went for me, and how wrong I turned out to be, last game we played together. And this one, this one must have been phrased purposefully. Inffy must know he's twisting my words here, suggesting a hidden agenda.

Reconsidering my read on you if Omni flipped scum? I already answered this one in the above post.

To Inffy's second last point, it almost seems as though he's scumreading me because other people haven't answered my question? That sounds pretty ridiculous, so I think I must have misunderstood this one. The false modesty at the end of it doesn't help matters either.

And the final point? That Dess's read of me seems fake therefore I seem suspicious? If Inffy didn't have a secret agenda I'd expect him to ask Dess why he had this read rather than conclude it was a fake read and then use it against me. This definitely feels like trying to frame something the way he wants it. I'm not sure if it's tunnel vision or being mafia or what, but Inffy seems off.
Care to explain the shift from this post then? You seemed to be reading me as town up until now all of a sudden.
Vote Vyryn

Reactions: Nottykitten

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I was the first person to vote Omni starting a bandwagon and only left it once it had 5 people so I could try and get you lynched instead. You're right I was very much against it ;)

That's not at all her softclaim though.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
From page 40 to the end of page 43 is where I think vy and brian started to bus their buddy omni. If you want to try to understand what I'm seeing you should probably read those 4 pages yourself since you get a better feel for everything because you're not missing stuff but here are the key elements:

Tim is correct, I don't have the same role as TehBrian and I don't think Molten does either.
I will say that angle of incidence equals angle of reflection. Although the GMs refused to further explain exactly what this meant when I asked about it, I can conclude that something that bounced from II to IV would hit VI if the laws of optics apply as implied. This would mean it hit Molten.
On the other hand, if something bounced off Inffy (IV) and hit HK (III), like the night kill perhaps, it would have come from Kroppeb (V).
Unvote
Vote Kroppeb
I'm not convinced Kroppeb is necessarily scum, but it seems at least decently likely and would confirm TehBrian, whereas if he's not scum it would cast significant doubts about TehBrian.

But before this goes to a lynch, we should ask that if anyone else has roles that reflect abilities, they should probably tell us who they targeted.
From what I've concluded, there's only 1 person that I'm confident in voting, due to their nature.

vote omni
You bastard you tried to kill me! [Am I doing this "meme" thing, right?]

Vote Omni
unvote
vote omni
View attachment 954
hey look I made my logo with a light ray cool
sorry Omni

Unvote
Vote Omni
Why are you voting omni?
I vote you claim
I guess a Kroppeb lynch won't happen yet.

Omni's at L-3 I think. Probably safe to add my vote?

I'll go with the Omni lynch, he's the obvious choice. Though if he flips town I'm going to have to rethink my Inffy read.

Unvote
Vote Omni
I'd probably want to lynch vy tomorrow
Oh boy Inffy, you're starting to sound suspiciously mafia. And it's not just vote-hate. We'll see how Omni flips before I make up my mind about you, though.
I agree, Omni should claim his role if he's really townie...
So everybody else is a flower but you're 'Disabler'

nice try
that's right
I don't buy it.
Regardless of your Water Hemlock claim earlier, townie should have been much more helpful at L-3. What's your full role ability?
Notice how vy is wanting to get kropp, but as soon as he sees omni get a couple of votes he jumps onto omni. No attempt at trying to push kropp more, he just instantly gives up and later when I asked him why, he said he figured he wouldn't get enough votes there. But did he actually try? Because I don't think he did.

And then his 'contribution' when omni is under heat:

I agree, Omni should claim his role if he's really townie...
So everybody else is a flower but you're 'Disabler'

nice try
that's right
I don't buy it.
Regardless of your Water Hemlock claim earlier, townie should have been much more helpful at L-3. What's your full role ability?
All of those posts of his ping my radar. All of them sound like he's just trying to fit in with the suddenly moving crowd. The last one especially just feels a lot like he's talking to his mafia buddy there. I don't know why, it just does.

And then notice how brian jumped onto omni as well. He hadn't even read the thread, he mentioned 0 of omni before, but he saw omni being wagoned and jumped on. In my experience of brian he doesn't just vote who the majority are going for just 'because', so once again I wonder if he felt like he had to jump onto his teammate to get credit for it. Although he did do a questionable vote in discord mafia so maybe he does sometimes just do random things without paying attention I guess?

And then there's all of the points I made about vy yesterday (just quoting this post since it sums up a large portion of my points against him and I don't remember if there were any others or where I'd try to look for them):
Case against vyryn:

• Moderate town read on dess despite doubting him seems like a fake read (I think he felt the need to town read his teammate but throw some shade there, but you all seem to townread dess so you probably won't find that convincing)
  • Saying purple was so townie we should bow down to her if she's actually mafia or something, felt too confident, felt like he was trying to buddy up with me by agreeing with me
  • Felt a bit of that again when he said notty was suspicious for not agreeing with me about her theory being OP and said he thought she was just being stubborn and if she was skilled she'd recognize it and stop. Never explains why he thinks she's mafia for being so sure the dial is a cop and I can't think of why he'd think that. So it feels like he just wanted to try to scumread notty and used that as a nice excuse since it also let him buddy with me some more by calling my arguments against her strong and being on my side there and using that to fuel the read so that he could scumread her
  • Despite scumreading notty has never voted for her
  • Voted kropp but barely made any case at all, instantly switched to omni after he was wagoned and just gave up on kropp so doesn't seem like he actually thought krop was worth pushing on since he gave in way too easily
  • His push on omni when he was almost lynched felt really forced and fake to me
  • Said he's trying to be on my good side so that I don't scumread him and therefore he accidentally scumreads me and we get into a mess like last time, but I think he's more likely to want to be on my good side as mafia trying not to get lynched, than town trying not to be wrong about me/me wrong about him. The latter just seems unlikely to me, I guess because it's just not something I'd imagine myself doing? Thinking 'I want to read you correctly so I'll butter you up so that you don't think I'm mafia and make me think you're mafia for thinking I'm mafia'. I'd probably think 'I'll be more wary that just because you suspect me it doesn't make you mafia', but I don't think I'd specifically try to get on your good side because that's just weird to me.
  • Said he'd reconsider his town read on me if omni flipped scum but when I asked him why he ignored me. I wonder if there's no real explanation there and he just wants an excuse to go after me tomorrow if omni is town and he's expecting him to flip town
  • When he gave his read of me he asked for people who are more experienced with me to say whether I'm capable of such insight as scum. For one, he never followed that up so I question how much he actually cared to read me accurately. Second, he followed that with a 'I genuinely don't know'. I think people who say things like that say it because they know they've lied elsewhere and feel the need to convince everyone that they're actually telling the truth this time. I think maybe vy knew he'd been lying and so said this due to that ^ system of thought happening subconsciously for him. And also where he bolded my post and said where exactly I'd been insightful, it felt like it wasn't actually that insightful and he was exaggerating a read on me
  • Dess giving vy a super strong town read felt like a fake read on a mafia partner to protect them since he said it was just vibes and stuff but I just don't see how he could have such a strong read when vy had posted like two things and they were both just commenting on the mechanics of the game. Just seems a bit fake to me. But again you guys don't seem to think dess is scum so this point is probably not convincing.
There might be other points that I haven't thought of rn but yeah
And then there are the points I raised brian too about his entrance feeling nervous and weird, using the '._.' emote and his 'honestly, honestly' - and I recently played a werewolf game with him and he felt really similar there, nervous and weird, and he was wolf, so I wonder if that's a scumtell for him on the forums as well. And his sudden lashing out at me and saying he thinks I'm scummy for only suspecting quiet people after I suspected him, when he'd not even read the rest of the thread so it was a huge 'assumption' to make, makes me think I was onto something, so because of that he had an emotional reaction to get back at me without really considering it, because he felt cornered and needed to scratch back. If he was town I think he'd be a lot calmer because he'd know he had the truth on his side, and in that calmness he wouldn't just assume I was going after only quiet people and go at me.

And then my points against Dess, his fake reads (I really do think they're fake, town reading me despite saying I sound incredibly fake in the same sentence, strongly town reading vy for 'vibes' based off two posts about the clock, being on the fence about omni because 'he's always like this' except this is his second game and he wasn't like this last game either. I expect that from mafia dess, not from town dess.). His tone being really constructed and weird - I just simply don't buy that it's because he trained his communication skills at college. It feels too similar to how he did in previous games when he was mafia (I went back and checked recently). And I think I had another point against him which I'm forgetting but I'll bring it up later if I remember.

So yeah I think these are our last mafia.

Further convincing me of that is the fact that everyone else seems non-mafia. Tim - completely different to when he was mafia last game, I don't think he'd have changed that much in this short amount of time. Notme - similar, he feels town to me, his PR claim posts and his clock theory all point to him being town for me. Aqua - townie tones, trying not to be wrong (imo), the fact he seemed to be blocked by omni, all scream town. Notty - just feels either town or third party. Kropp - out of everyone kropp is the one I'd consider being mafia if my above theory is wrong since he's so lurky, but when he does speak he has a good townie tone. Stranger - same as tim, could see her as third party though. UNU - he's waaaay too careful as mafia to have hammered TWG and accused hk, both non-mafia. purple - feels town, perspective seems really townie.

So yeah. Dess, Brian and Vy are my scumteam guess.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
btw Infected_alien8_ I sincerely apologise for doubting you about omni, which also means I'm probably wrong about purple because she lacks the brain cells to try to lynch fellow mafia meaning she's townie

So with that in mind,

vote purple
I mean you may be right and that omni could behave in the same way as a townie and he was just in a meme-y mood last game. So while my 'slight suspicion' was correct, my reasons might have been bogus anyways.

And why are you voting purple after saying you think she's town?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I was pushing for omni's lynch until he was like 2 votes from being hammered and then I decided you were more likely to be scum. If I didn't want to lynch omni to begin with, I wouldn't have helped to put him in the spotlight from the start. Starting a wagon and then hoping I can switch it last second seems incredibly risky.

Can you quote where me and notty were 'discreetly against it all of yesterday'?

Really? Where?

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Call me a sheeple, but I'm easily swayed by walls of text (that make sense). Particularly, I think it's a great observation by inf to pick up on the bussing (I'm not observant enough to see it for myself). I'm less sold on Brian and Dess...I still find myself believing Dess. But looking at the people who were insistent on purple yesterday (Aqua, Dess, and myself), it would make sense that at least one of us is scum (like talked about yesterday).
I obviously know it isn't me, and between Aqua and Dess I trust Aqua more. Turns out, it's a lot easier to like Aqua when he isn't being obnoxious.

I got a little distracted there. Bottom line: Inf did a good job of convincing me that Vyryn is mafia.
Inffy I'm sure I've explained it before but even though I got fake reads from you I never felt as thought it was anti town. Just simply unlike you.
How can fake reads not be anti-town?