Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers - Game Complete

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I hadn't noticed it was alphabetical, just that it was a different order from signups.\

My thought was a role that targeted one of those two players or something.
Well, alisha said "the game will begin once everyone has done so!" (done so = confirmed roles), and I think targetting a player would probably happen after the game has 'begun' - I guess it's possible omni was replaced a couple hours ago, confirmed his role and then the game 'begun' and someone was asked to target people and then they announced jivvi had been replaced and started the game but that feels like a stretch

What's RID?
Being able to kill someone by knowing their role name

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well, alisha said "the game will begin once everyone has done so!" (done so = confirmed roles), and I think targetting a player would probably happen after the game has 'begun' - I guess it's possible omni was replaced a couple hours ago, confirmed his role and then the game 'begun' and someone was asked to target people and then they announced jivvi had been replaced and started the game but that feels like a stretch
oh wait did you mean a role that is able to target one of those players, and the two players are determined by the hosts?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, I mean like who the hands point to is randomly determined and there could be a role who can use their ability on those players? Idk, it feels not useful, but maybe it points and one player knows that those players are the same alignment? Idk what's going on, just spitballing.

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, I mean like who the hands point to is randomly determined and there could be a role who can use their ability on those players? Idk, it feels not useful, but maybe it points and one player knows that those players are the same alignment? Idk what's going on, just spitballing.
Yeah that sounds plausible

I assume it's relevant to either a) someone's role, or b) some mechanic in the game that's based on rng

Also I find it weird how we have a pokemon here?

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hello beautiful garden!
I wonder if there's also a connection in between time/type of flower, and not just type of flower/color, as well. Like if maybe certain types of flowers are only active during day/night. Or maybe they can only be active in certain ways according to color? Idek, just trying to figure this out. Trying to ponder connections since I've never seen a set up like this. (Pretty darn cool tho A+)

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Also clocks rotate... what if the roles can also become active according to what time it is? I mean, what does this first time mean for Notme and Vyrin? Could their roles now have permission to perform actions only because it's that time, or could it mean that someone can now perform an action towards them? What if it goes both ways?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Like if maybe certain types of flowers are only active during day/night.
It sounds like a good thought, but day abilities are usually iffy when it comes to forum games (But maybe that's why there's a co-host!).

Also, at the risk of sounding rude, could I ask you to put the gif in your signature into a spoiler? It's rather distracting.

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Welp fixed my signature. Sam's hips are apparently extremely distracting, understandable. Also how the hell do I tag people here?

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
—— Voting Recap ——
Deadline: 24 March 2019 UTC 22:00.
Omni - 1 (Aqua) [L-8]

With 16 players, it takes 9 votes to lynch and 8 votes to no-lynch.

If no option reaches the required number of votes when a deadline hits, the day will end as a no lynch.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

This looks like an interesting setup so far. I actually think the theory of this being tied to Pokemon has some merit - mainly b/c the order of the colors in the original post are Red, Blue, Green and Yellow which closely resembles the order Gen I pokemon games were released and the order they're traditionally talked about in (Red & Blue were released first in North America, followed by Yellow, Red & Green were released first followed by Yellow in Japan). I'm really just throwing out theories here though.

The idea of numbers being tied to roles/abilities though I think is very possible. Being familiar with Zodiac mafia, I wouldn't rule out the idea of some powers that can/can't be used unless a hand on the clock is pointing at you.

• Informative
Reactions: Sam_Winchester

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

This looks like an interesting setup so far. I actually think the theory of this being tied to Pokemon has some merit - mainly b/c the order of the colors in the original post are Red, Blue, Green and Yellow which closely resembles the order Gen I pokemon games were released and the order they're traditionally talked about in (Red & Blue were released first in North America, followed by Yellow, Red & Green were released first followed by Yellow in Japan). I'm really just throwing out theories here though.

The idea of numbers being tied to roles/abilities though I think is very possible. Being familiar with Zodiac mafia, I wouldn't rule out the idea of some powers that can/can't be used unless a hand on the clock is pointing at you.
Can you explain Zodiac mafia to me? I've never heard of it.